PDA

View Full Version : DLC vs Expansion pack

Rokea
04-07-2014, 04:00 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, I am a season pass holder and have been pissed off like everyone else about the DLC content, it dawned on me we really got what they promised DLC. I know everyone was *****ing that they need to add more land, more characters ect ect. ( I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GAME BREAKING AT THIS POINT I AM PISSED ABOU THAT) however all the stuff people want (that doesn't involve the fixing of broken items) would seem to me be more of an Expansion pack. Now correct me if I am wrong but looking at every other game out there dlc is essentially a few new items and or outfits. I mean look at all the Saints Row dlc's. So I ask you this, what do you as gamers classify as DLC and Expansions? It seems to me a lot of folks (MYSELF INCLUDED) have been getting one confused for the other when it comes to Defiance.

Odessa
04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Saints Row the Fourth has new areas, new bosses/enemies, new weapons, etc... I loved the Christmas one. Look at Borderlands 1 and 2. New areas, complete quest lines, outfits, weapons and dialogue. Each offered new characters, enemies and made the game more enjoyable. They also had the outfit/homie/weapons packs, all for a very low price.

I really did expect more, but certainly not on the same scale. I didn't expect to rehash some of the worst aspects of the game into arenas. I'm actually dreading the new DLC. I love running around and doing Incursions/Arkfalls. When the Volge first arrived they were too hard to tackle solo and I went from emergency hopping to fast traveling and then staying there. Dying over and over isn't fun and it's tough to find people who will stop and help. So far the changes has all been negative to a player who wants to run around and enjoy the world with whomever is around. I went from being excited about new DLC to hoping it's something I can be done with soon. If the posts are an indication of what's to come... my arkhunting days are going to be slowing down quickly.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 04:24 PM
I am not the most experienced gamer but I do play a lot since I have retired.
I started with mech warriors 1 and loved that whole series. I loved the crysis series though I thought 3 was the weakest. I loved Rage. I liked the COD and Battlefield 3 games. Pretty sure I would have loved Halo but I play on pc so oh well.
I loved Borderlands and BL2 and bought season passes for both of those games.
That spoiled me for this situation here.
There was soooo much to do in those DLCs!!
They were fun, well written and had lots of new stuff to do and see.
These we have here... not so much.

Here's hoping season 2 is better.
http://nilupul.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/fingers-crossed.jpg

Teddymouse
04-07-2014, 04:28 PM
If they fail on this DLC I would almost bet we wont see season 2 for the game as they will have lost enough people to not make a profit. Only reason they keep going is cause people keep buying from the store.

Overwatch
04-07-2014, 04:42 PM
DLC is downloadable content. You can look on the back/side of any package and read what it contains. There is also a label on some packages that state " contents may settle from shipping ". No one is deceived and no I am not defending TRION for their DLC's.
The game is weak and is getting weaker. I for one am ready t shelve the game for its lackluster and move on to something more entertaining. 2 months of the same thing and i am bored. Time to find another game to catch my interest.

Lenny732
04-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm calling shenanigans.

Bonehead
04-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm calling shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK1F-Thrzk

Lenny732
04-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Lol well put. completely forgot about that.

Rokea
04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Its nice to see the opinions of players without the unneeded sarcasim

bigguy
04-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Has anyone been of the map in the uncharted areas. I have , its a totally blank landscape void of anything but hills and flat areas with no trees even. This made me think maybe they dont give us expansion because it would take too long. Its got to be easier for them to just add a vendor to an already created area than to have to create an area to put a vendor in. Im hoping they have been working on this for a while now or were just getting our hopes up for something we will never get.

bigguy
04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Damn it lenny im calling shenanigans on your shenanigans.