PDA

View Full Version : Defiance modelling!

Anthalus
04-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Anyone know if its possible to extract the 3d meshes and textures from the game? There are some medium quality ones available on DefianceData but I would like High quality ones to use to create models/ 3D prints of my Clans Characters and I'd really like to build/ Print a Cerberus as they look so cool. I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult or much of a problem to make our chars available as 3d Models.

KasperSheitup
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM
I think messaging Etaew would be an idea. I'm pretty sure if you ask nicely he'll tell you how/help you do it.
I think he only put up medium models to save bandwith because he's is paying for the site himself/whatever comes in on donations (which I believe isn't much)

Etaew
04-08-2014, 07:30 AM
I can PM you the method for extraction as I feel that posting it publicly on Trions forums is a bit of a slap in the face.

I'd love to offer the ability to sell 3d printed models from these files on Defiance Data, but I don't think it's something Trion would be pleased with me doing. At least when I enquired about selling tshirts etc.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 11:48 AM
3D models, action figures, and tshirts! If TRION won't do it, somebody should.

Is TRION the only company in the industry that is oblivious to that form of marketing income? Somebody needs to be fired over there.

Kasscade
04-08-2014, 02:28 PM
I would love to have the info on extracting the models as well. As I do some modeling in 3dsmax & poser I would love to have exact models for artwork.

Etaew
04-08-2014, 03:52 PM
I would love to have the info on extracting the models as well.

PM sent, if you have any questions we can talk about it there.