PDA

View Full Version : veteran, outlaw, survivalist and machinist lockboxes?

Drunk
04-08-2014, 03:57 AM
these the starting loot u get when u choose one of the lines or these something new? never heard of them myself....

duction
04-08-2014, 04:26 AM
Day one synergy's

Ejamon
04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
I wondered about that as well. I never saw any synergy mods for them, and still get these as drops from Arkfalls and random lock boxes. You'd think they would have been fixed...or just removed...oh wait it's Trion.

Market
04-08-2014, 07:22 AM
I wondered about that as well. I never saw any synergy mods for them, and still get these as drops from Arkfalls and random lock boxes. You'd think they would have been fixed...or just removed...oh wait it's Trion.

It hasn't been fixed because it's not broken. Those are commonly known as "loadout" or "backpack" synergies. In order for you to get the benefit from them, simply place two of the same synergy items in your loadout and the stats will light up. There are no mods tied to those synergies.

Easy reference, the loadout synergies have a [2] listed with the extra stats while the weapon synergies (the ones that have corresponding mods) will have a [1] - [4] listed next to the extra stats.

Hope this helps quell the confusion! ;)

jay ellis
04-08-2014, 07:24 AM
They're not broken. They're loadout synergies or weapon synergies or also known as two bangers. You have to equip two of the same kind to activate the bonus. Use non synergy mods for these, thats why we have them.
Edit. The other guy types faster, i'm old

Fuzzle
04-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Hrmm, I'm confused.
The OP was asking about the lockboxes mentioned in the update to the Alpha test notes I believe? I have no idea what they are either.... New boxes in the store?

Machinist Supply Crate
Outlaw Supply Crate
Survivalist Supply Crate
Veteran Supply Crate

(http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154724-Patch-1.500-Draft-Notes!&p=1452644&viewfull=1#post1452644)

But people are talking about synergies? Did I miss something?

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2014, 09:29 AM
But people are talking about synergies? Did I miss something?

People confused them with the loadout synergies that you get for sub 1k gear.
No idea what those supply crates are.

Combo Breaker
04-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Interesting. Lockboxes that drop only backpack synergies perhaps.Possibly actual BP synergy mods? Now I am curious.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
more bits purchasable boxes in the store I'll wager... Anyone want some of this action?

Nothing pisses me off more than RNG for my cash money. It's too bad people keep buying these for cash RNG store boxes, TRION get's the WRONG idea.

Combo Breaker
04-08-2014, 11:03 AM
more bits purchasable boxes in the store I'll wager... Anyone want some of this action?

Nothing pisses me off more than RNG for my cash money. It's too bad people keep buying these for cash RNG store boxes, TRION get's the WRONG idea.

If it's a cash store item then I am not interested.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM

I don't know for certain, but what would you like to wager?

I hope I'm wrong, I despise the trend.

Fuzzy
04-08-2014, 11:26 AM

I did drive to every vendor on the Alpha. At Fast Travel points, hidden ones even the ones without a fast travel point and I didn't find them, so I guess it's safe to say they are Cash Shop items, although I hope not.

Atticus Batman
04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
It hasn't been fixed because it's not broken. Those are commonly known as "loadout" or "backpack" synergies. In order for you to get the benefit from them, simply place two of the same synergy items in your loadout and the stats will light up. There are no mods tied to those synergies.

Easy reference, the loadout synergies have a [2] listed with the extra stats while the weapon synergies (the ones that have corresponding mods) will have a [1] - [4] listed next to the extra stats.

Hope this helps quell the confusion! ;)

Remember market, 7th leg added Unity, which is a 3 item syn.(2weapons and a shield, I like it becuase it is also on the 7th leg katanas. so even though they still don't have skills, they are slightly more usefull than casti blades.)

My guess on the new lockboxes is that they will only give you weapons with that syn.

CM Kiwibird
04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi! Swooping in with some information for y'all, thanks for the PM! :o

http://i.imgur.com/0siRPFe.gif

Machinist Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Machinists. Weapons that come from this box are limited to Detonators, BMGs, and LMGs. Rare chance to receive a new Machinist outfit or headgear.

Outlaw Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Outlaws. Weapons that come from this box are limited to shotguns and rocket launchers. Rare chance to receive a new Outlaw outfit or headgear.

Survivalist Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Survivalists. Weapons that come from this box are limited to pistols and sniper rifles. Rare chance to receive a new Survivalist outfit or headgear.

Veteran Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Veterans. Weapons that come from this box are limited to assault rifles, infectors, and SMGs. Rare chance to receive a new Veteran outfit or headgear.

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 10:49 AM

Machinist Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Machinists. Weapons that come from this box are limited to Detonators, BMGs, and LMGs. Rare chance to receive a new Machinist outfit or headgear.

Outlaw Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Outlaws. Weapons that come from this box are limited to shotguns and rocket launchers. Rare chance to receive a new Outlaw outfit or headgear.

Survivalist Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Survivalists. Weapons that come from this box are limited to pistols and sniper rifles. Rare chance to receive a new Survivalist outfit or headgear.

Veteran Supply Crate: Specialized Tier 4 lockbox for Veterans. Weapons that come from this box are limited to assault rifles, infectors, and SMGs. Rare chance to receive a new Veteran outfit or headgear.

Much thanks for the info. One more minor question for 100 Alex: how are these lockboxes obtainable?

Muito obrigado.

Arsenic_Touch
04-09-2014, 10:49 AM
So it's safe to assume that they're cash shop items, correct?

maverick07
04-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the info Kiwi. Sounds like more cash shop items though :( the description is pretty similar to the Biohazard and Powertech boxes.

CM Kiwibird
04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Looks like they're purchased via bits. The listed price is 500 bits.

Market
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Remember market, 7th leg added Unity, which is a 3 item syn.(2weapons and a shield, I like it becuase it is also on the 7th leg katanas. so even though they still don't have skills, they are slightly more usefull than casti blades.)

My guess on the new lockboxes is that they will only give you weapons with that syn.

Ahh yes, I always forget that one! lol

Thanks! ;)

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Looks like they're purchased via bits. The listed price is 500 bits.

I WIN, I WIN!!!!

Who put up against my wager?!?!!? Told ya (looking at you Batman, as well as other's who doubted).

Thanks Kiwi, that's not the answer we wanted to hear, but you provided a direct answer, and that much is appreciated.

Listen, you need to either increase the drop rates on the outfits in the boxes dramatically, or sell ALL the outfits separately in the bits store as well.

CM Kiwibird
04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks Kiwi, that's not the answer we wanted to hear, but you provided a direct answer, and that much is appreciated.

Listen, you need to either increase the drop rates on the outfits in the boxes dramatically, or sell ALL the outfits separately in the bits store as well.

I'd rather be direct with everyone. :o

I'll bring that up.

Market
04-09-2014, 11:05 AM

... and many of us love you for this. So many problems have been created in the past because your predecessors didn't share that sentiment.

Don't ever change. lol

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 11:11 AM

I'll bring that up.

Wha? Direct concise answers?!?! That's not very TRION of you :P

Your community approval rating is on the rise! You could gain a few more points in that area by getting the heads to make the tshirts happen. You do that, and we'll throw an in-game ticker tape parade for you from Earth camp all the way to Bug & Chug!

AnGeL
04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Can we PLEASE start getting some "cool and new" things for us regular players? earned IN GAME?

I paid over $100 to you guys already by buying the game full price on release, and tons of BIT purchases. I dont want to spend any more unless its for actual DLC.

Like, its getting insulting now, all your efforts go into BITS, thats all you care about is BITS BITS BITS, how about some stuff for your loyal players to earn in game?

Love you guys kiwi (you and Scapes really are the best to date) but please relay this for us....so frustrating

InfamousBrad
04-09-2014, 12:17 PM

What the heck are rocket launchers doing in there? Rocket launchers don't help with the outlaw-related pursuits. Shouldn't it just be combat shotguns, pump shotguns, and sawed-off shotguns?

And, by the way: add me to the list of people who gets angrier and angrier every time you create a cash-lockbox-only costume.

AnGeL
04-09-2014, 12:35 PM
What the heck are rocket launchers doing in there? Rocket launchers don't help with the outlaw-related pursuits. Shouldn't it just be combat shotguns, pump shotguns, and sawed-off shotguns?

And, by the way: add me to the list of people who gets angrier and angrier every time you create a cash-lockbox-only costume.

Honestly, this game is really, really going for the P2P now, dont care what anyone says.

(getting special items/top rate items from cash only IS A FORM of P2P FYI)

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 12:39 PM
wait until you see the outfits *groan*... Lots o' recolours.

There's a reason I said these boxes would be for bits from the first announcement in the notes. This is yet another example of how TRION will be monetizing Defiance under their new F2P model.

Sadly, even some of my wonderful clan members have fallen prey to purchasing these kinds of boxes in the store. I'm sure "metrics" (hang the guy who invented metrics!) shows these items to be popular in the store. IMHO I despise cash for RNG!!!!!!

N3gativeCr33p
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Love you guys kiwi (you and Scapes really are the best to date) but please relay this for us....so frustrating

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/OMG_zpsa0dc1745.gif

IMHO I despise cash for RNG!!!!!!

I agree with this comment 100%.

Ironhide
04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/OMG_zpsa0dc1745.gif

I agree with this comment 100%.

I agree too!

500 bits, is roughly 6 bucks, but to get enough bits for a 500 bit item you have to pay 10 dollars for 800 bits.

If I'm going to give you all 10 bucks I better be darned sure I get an outfit and a headpiece. I be darned if I pay 10 bucks for crap blue and green weapons to get stiffed on getting an outfit. Thats why I've not bought any of the Powertech or Biohazard boxes.

I'd rather the outfits be sold in the outfit sections so I can choose which one I like and be able to get the headpiece at the same time. But I will not buy them for 1,600 bits for the suit or 480 for the headpiece.

They need to be priced at 480 bits for Outfits and 320 for head pieces, thats exactly 800 bits, a whole outfit for us and 10 bucks in Trions Pocket.

Overwatch
04-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Finally, a lock box worth spending money on for less of a random chance at nothing. At least you get something to match your toon.
You purchase the box and guaranteed to match your synergy.

Overtkill21
04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Finally, a lock box worth spending money on for less of a random chance at nothing. At least you get something to match your toon.

Look again sir:

It doesn't say they are limited to the Synergy - just that the boxes only contain those types of weapons.

I'm willing to bet the Synergy on each weapon will be random.

AnGeL
04-09-2014, 02:20 PM

Think your confused on what those synergys actually do.

Having a syn that matches yur starting class toon (vetern, outlaw, etc..)has no bearing, on ANY gun or synergy, in the game.

Synergies listed as outlaw, vetern, etc (also known as "back pack" synergies) only activate when paired with another one of that type.

In short, your not matching ANYTHING with your toon that has ANY bearing on gameplay.

DIS
04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
So all the weapons from these boxes will have backpack synergies?

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 02:37 PM
I agree too!

500 bits, is roughly 6 bucks, but to get enough bits for a 500 bit item you have to pay 10 dollars for 800 bits.

If I'm going to give you all 10 bucks I better be darned sure I get an outfit and a headpiece. I be darned if I pay 10 bucks for crap blue and green weapons to get stiffed on getting an outfit. Thats why I've not bought any of the Powertech or Biohazard boxes.

I'd rather the outfits be sold in the outfit sections so I can choose which one I like and be able to get the headpiece at the same time. But I will not buy them for 1,600 bits for the suit or 480 for the headpiece.

They need to be priced at 480 bits for Outfits and 320 for head pieces, thats exactly 800 bits, a whole outfit for us and 10 bucks in Trions Pocket.

Same here, I got !@#% for my cash the same way with a BIOHAZARD lockbox... no outfit/headgear at all. My first and LAST RNG transaction for real money in this game.

Ignore these boxes for bits people and stop being suckered.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
I WIN, I WIN!!!!

Who put up against my wager?!?!!? Told ya (looking at you Batman, as well as other's who doubted).

I'll give you the 100 scrip later, and if you really want it that ego 3000 or so no-nano cyclone from my claims.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I think everyone is focusing on the names of Machinist, Veteran, Survivalist, and Outlaw and thinking of the gun synergy...but forgetting that when you create a new character you choose from these titles and it effects your starting costume and has nothing to do with the weapons. I think the name of these boxes coorelate to the character type/costume and not the synergy on weapons.

Anyone else remember about this at the begining?

Lillith Valerian
04-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes, I'm an easy target for an outfit purchase.

No, there's no way I would ever spend real money on an RNG gamble. Which is why I'm so angry about DLP 3 and 4. 'Longer and more fulfilling rip-off'.

Tell you what, Trion. Put Rosa's outfit up for sale in the store. I'd buy that while completely ignoring your purchasable RNG boxes.

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
I'll give you the 100 scrip later, and if you really want it that ego 3000 or so no-nano cyclone from my claims.

Hmm, this gives me a great idea... an online gambling ring using scrip for wagering. We could bet on anything, who wins a duel, scoreboards, who can piss off whom in chat, etc. ;)

I suspect much like the previous pay boxes which have specific nanos, these will likely have specific backpack synergies... that suck... alot.

The good news is that we can generate money to buy these by selling pot............... holders................. made of hemp. :P

Quebra Regra
04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes, I'm an easy target for an outfit purchase.

No, there's no way I would ever spend real money on an RNG gamble. Which is why I'm so angry about DLP 3 and 4. 'Longer and more fulfilling rip-off'.

Tell you what, Trion. Put Rosa's outfit up for sale in the store. I'd buy that while completely ignoring your purchasable RNG boxes.

Sorry about DLC4, I'm getting trolled pretty hard by that right now myself.

Rosa was one of the few characters in the game I thought was actually attractive (maybe it was her cyber hand?):
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/529001-530000/529489/404_max.jpg

Nefarious
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
RNG to earn outfits from lockboxes/caches/supply crates is lame.

Sure Trion might hook themselves a good amount of gambling addicts who keep paying to keep rolling at chances to end up getting exactly what they want. But to the rest of us ppl who are not gambling addicts (just mentally ill in other ways) are not digging this idea of a RNG chance at cool outfits.

Its one thing to buy something and have it guarantee a random outfit piece, its another for it to be a 'rare chance'. Even if its 95% chance of earing a outfit...that's still pow chit. Either 100% you get something for spending your money$ or don't even bother putting it in the store.

And for the love of god please remove the options to buy lockboxes with bits from the Lock Boxes in-game already. No one on purpose buys a tier 2 lock box with bits. Get those options the F out. All micro transactions should be within the Bit Store only.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 04:03 PM

Sure Trion might hook themselves a good amount of gambling addicts who keep paying to keep rolling at chances to end up getting exactly what they want. But to the rest of us ppl who are not gambling addicts (just mentally ill in other ways) are not digging this idea of a RNG chance at cool outfits.

Its one thing to buy something and have it guarantee a random outfit piece, its another for it to be a 'rare chance'. Even if its 95% chance of earing a outfit...that's still pow chit. Either 100% you get something for spending your money$ or don't even bother putting it in the store.

And for the love of god please remove the options to buy lockboxes with bits from the Lock Boxes in-game already. No one on purpose buys a tier 2 lock box with bits. Get those options the F out. All micro transactions should be within the Bit Store only.

Nerfy, why you make me agree with you lately?! I like our arguements, but lately I keep agreeing with you!!!

Nefarious
04-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Nerfy, why you make me agree with you lately?! I like our arguements, but lately I keep agreeing with you!!!

Don't worry. Im compiling whole new list of complaints to point out how certain things that everyone loves should be nerfed.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Don't worry. Im compiling whole new list of complaints to point out how certain things that everyone loves should be nerfed.

Ok. That's more like. Wanna buy a blue zagger? I hate em! If I go sawed-off, I prefer a Vbi Short-barrel.

Nefarious
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Ok. That's more like. Wanna buy a blue zagger? I hate em! If I go sawed-off, I prefer a Vbi Short-barrel.

Nah, Im set for my Sawed Offs, that's until Trion figures out what Im using or generally notices their mistake and decide to fix it.

*wink wink Trion*

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 06:00 PM

I think they have "a fool and his money are soon parted" dialed in pretty good.

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 06:02 PM

With the new bullet sponge patch coming, consider them nerfed.

Ironhide
04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
With the new bullet sponge patch coming, consider them nerfed.

I'll be selling bandages, and neosporin, along with Preperation H for all the wounds and butthurt to follow next Tuesday.

Just stop by The Crater for your "Got my @$$ blasted a new crater kit"

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 06:57 PM

That's coming on the 15th.

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Can't disagree Nef, Good points.

Lillith Valerian
04-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Sorry about DLC4, I'm getting trolled pretty hard by that right now myself.

Rosa was one of the few characters in the game I thought was actually attractive (maybe it was her cyber hand?):
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/529001-530000/529489/404_max.jpg

I love that outfit, and really liked the character. I related to her.

The bad writing and so-called 'sexy persona' for Cass makes me want to vomit day-glo.

N3gativeCr33p
04-09-2014, 07:15 PM
That's coming on the 15th.

So is a blood red lunar eclipse.

Bonehead
04-09-2014, 07:30 PM

Time to fire up the telescope.
Pray for clear skies. (not probable)

Tsort
04-10-2014, 12:48 AM
Defiance: the only game where gear drops in the ca$h shop? A new Outlaw outfit (even a reskin) sounds exciting! But I'm not buying lottery tickets, nope. I want to know what I'm getting, and that means:
1/ I have a preview of the outfit
2/ I'm sure to get it if I pay

Here's an idea on how to sell your next game Trion: 1 out of 4 DVD boxes will actually contain the game. The others will have a blank DVD and a note that says "sorry, you failed, buy another one". Great idea, right?

drackiller
04-10-2014, 12:49 AM
Some cool music to relax...

http://youtu.be/wy04c-6DEgE

N3gativeCr33p
04-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Here's an idea on how to sell your next game Trion: 1 out of 4 DVD boxes will actually contain the game. The others will have a blank DVD and a note that says "sorry, you failed, buy another one". Great idea, right?

http://media.giphy.com/media/VdA713I3sYinC/giphy.gif

Quebra Regra
04-10-2014, 09:43 AM

you mean a lunar ocultation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnsZcq3Nto

Lillith Valerian
04-10-2014, 03:53 PM

No, no, no...you're just looking at it wrong. It's not a rip-off that shamelessly gouges players while probing for gambling addicts or flush spending 'whales'.

Think of it as a longer, more fulfilling shopping experience!

N3gativeCr33p
04-10-2014, 06:26 PM
you mean a lunar ocultation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnsZcq3Nto

No... I was thinking of something along these lines... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnn47V09Q2M

Albion
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Now that is funny!

Only, to make it more like the T4 lockbox, you would have to reduce the drop rate to 1 game every 15 boxes or so.

Bonehead
04-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Now that is funny!

Only, to make it more like the T4 lockbox, you would have to reduce the drop rate to 1 game every 15 boxes or so.

+1 and a gold star.

TANKballs
04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate here and say that if you choose to buy any boxes with bits, the promo boxes have a far better OJ drop rate in comparison to T4 boxes (and a pretty decent outfit drop rate as well). I'm definitely not urging anyone to blow cash on bits, but I will say that if you do these boxes have much better drop rates...