PDA

View Full Version : Achievements.

Emzx99
04-08-2014, 05:10 AM
This isn't hard Trion, it isn't too much to ask either, but let go of our balls. For us that are in it for the completion make the achievements easy, or just don't add them at all. We aren't confident in your ability to make a decent DLC so making achievements where we need to grind out stupid non content for hours is very irritating.

I figured this was civil enough, just leave us achievement hunters be. Don't even add achievements if you can, and if you must make them simple. Getting 5000 pistol kills is a little stupid considering I don't even like using them. It's just needless grinding that makes people mad, so why bother doing it? You put in less with the last two, and that's a start, but we still had to grind a lot. Keep em simple IE, beat 1 expert map regardless of score, upgrade a weapon with ark forge, ect. Just let our balls go, we just want to move on. Honestly I'd consider your next game if you took the achievement hunters seriously. Just cut the grindy stuff out, you're only making people mad when you add it.

Sincerely, everyone going for achievements in your game.

nathanpbutler
04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Grinding itself isn't too bad, as long as the goals are realistic. That's where these pursuits tend to fall short. Grinding out 5,000 bolt action sniper rifle kills was annoying as all hell, and now it is the same with pistols. The number should simply be more realistic, rather than a ridiculous 5,000 with the non-automatic weapon types.

On the other hand, at least the pistol kills that were introduced with the newest DLC are retroactive. Your pistol kills from before the DLC do indeed count.

For me, the biggest annoyance has been the Social Pursuits added with Arkbreaker that introduced the clan progression system many months after the game was released and long after it reached what felt like its peak of interest. Those *were not* retroactive, making clan progression far slower than it otherwise could/should have been if that had been added in the beginning. Talk about a grind...

Overwatch
04-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Farming and grinding is killing this game, I agree. The rewards are less than desirable.

Emzx99
04-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Tell me about it, I was forced into the Free Masons because they were the only clan capable of finishing it reasonably quick (they had the numbers). Now we have to do stupid crap like getting all gold medals in the new "arenas", which is BS in itself when they have insane point values for Dekuso gold (100,000). That isn't grindy, nor requiring skill, the game simply has too many bugs for it to be done on skill alone. It's sheer luck if you complete it, and now I'm in a rush to finish it before the next patch completely screws balancing. If I can get that done I can live with 5000 pistols kills (still stupid considering the previous achievement for kills was 10,000, and now they ask for half of that with crappy guns). Hopefully they have a conscience and lower the pistol kills required. It isn't an absolute need, but it would be nice considering how useless they are in comparison to other guns.

All I want is simple achievements for the next DLC, if that means reasonable pursuits to tie to them, then that's what we need. I'd love for one of the staff to acknowledge an achievement hunters request, I haven't seen a single person on True Achievements not get fed up with the grindy achievements, or outright glitchy ones like getting gold on all arenas (too many glitches in the arenas, especially Dekuso).

Hopefully they lower the point value or something, and I really hope the next likely 3 achievements are reasonable. I just want to move on from this game, OCD is a pain in the *** and there's no sense making it worse for us. Do me a solid Trion, after all I did buy your game and season pass at full price.

Figma
04-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Well i was pretty happy with getting gold in arenas and 5k pistol kills. they were super easy with few friends and those kills only take max couple hours with infinite spawn spot. easily did the dlc in day. but this last dlc... it needs 10 weeks of dailies/weeklies to get 100% achievements/trophies.... and the yh adding the clan related stuff way too late to the game and not being retro active was ****ty trick. ps3 probably never reaches mp/pvp clan lvl 10 since hardly anyone plays it anymore so goodbye that trophy.

Littleweasel
04-08-2014, 09:43 AM
This isn't hard Trion, it isn't too much to ask either, but let go of our balls. For us that are in it for the completion make the achievements easy, or just don't add them at all. We aren't confident in your ability to make a decent DLC so making achievements where we need to grind out stupid non content for hours is very irritating.

I figured this was civil enough, just leave us achievement hunters be. Don't even add achievements if you can, and if you must make them simple. Getting 5000 pistol kills is a little stupid considering I don't even like using them. It's just needless grinding that makes people mad, so why bother doing it? You put in less with the last two, and that's a start, but we still had to grind a lot. Keep em simple IE, beat 1 expert map regardless of score, upgrade a weapon with ark forge, ect. Just let our balls go, we just want to move on. Honestly I'd consider your next game if you took the achievement hunters seriously. Just cut the grindy stuff out, you're only making people mad when you add it.

i hunt the achievements also but i disagree that achievements should be easy, and there is way to many people that want the achievements but don't want to have to work for them.
people has seriously lose the concept of gaming. gaming is about having fun, achievement are just an added bonus. if the achievements are too hard for people or take a long time to get they always whine and complain about them instead of just moving on to a different game.
achievements are suppose to be there to reward you for doing something within the game that they would not normally do.
imo there should have been an achievement for getting to ego 5000 not just one for 2500
so your last comment should not include everyone only you, and the ones that want achievement handed to them because they are to lazy to actually earn them.

Mess7739
04-08-2014, 01:55 PM
If the Achievements were easy what would be the point?

Here's a tip, do the first Thorn Liro Arena, the one with the hellbug skitterlings at the end, a few times and use a VOT Blaster on them, 5,000 kills easy.

Quebra Regra
04-08-2014, 02:04 PM

HA!!! yer complaining about 5000 pistol kills?!?!?! try bolt actions and get back to us...

Deunan
04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
I figured this was civil enough, just leave us achievement hunters be. Don't even add achievements if you can, and if you must make them simple.They're not achievements they're pursuits. At one time, because the game offered so little for actual EGO rating gains as opposed to EGO xp gains, you might have had an argument that the terms are relatively interchangeable

However, because the game is moving to level gated content and damage, health and shields all scaling based on EGO rating, pursuits are going to be nothing like achievements. They are the means to substantively boosting your powers and to unlocking meaningful game content such as the Legendary EGO rating 5000 gear that's going to be at the Paradise supply vendor. In that context it should be a task to get pursuits done because of the EGO rating point rewards tied to them.

That being said, I don't understand why they are being so stingy on the amount of EGO rating points granted for the Master Gunslinger III pursuit. All the 5000 kill pursuits that are combat pursuits grant 15 points and that grindy part of the pursuits is presumably why they grant 10 more points than the ones before them. The same thing can be said for the Golden Badge pursuit, but even more so because there are more arenas than there are for the Thorn Liro Master pursuit, the Gunslinger arena gold medals are largely unattainable outside of co-op play, and the points reward difference is even larger. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Atticus Batman
04-08-2014, 03:31 PM
They're not achievements they're pursuits.

You are proving you know NOTHING about consoles, because we have pursuits AND achievements/trophies!
Xbox360 Achievements! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/defiance/achievements/)

Ps3 Trophies! (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/defiance/trophies/)

Bonehead
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM
It doesn't seem to make any sense.

That fits in so many places around here!

Deunan
04-08-2014, 04:23 PM
You are proving you know NOTHING about consoles, because we have pursuits AND achievements/trophies!
Xbox360 Trophies! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/defiance/achievements/)

Ps3 Trophies! (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/defiance/trophies/)I actually own both. I just don't play Defiance on either. Are you saying they mirrored an achievement to the Master Gunslinger III pursuit? I guess it depends on how many points you get for it. There are certainly harder things to achieve in other games like Seriously 3.0 for GoW 3.

Bleuford
04-08-2014, 05:13 PM
I am a good player. Not great, but good. I am in a nice active clan. I have achieved gold on all the gunslinger arenas. Some of them took several attempts, but I got them. The 5k pistol kills were not a big deal. I simply used a pistol, mostly my Detu Aura as my main weapon for a few days and poof... there it was, my Master Gunslinger title.

What I don't understand is what people who complain about pursuits being to hard to achieve really want. Should the current pursuits be made easier and then new, harder ones be added for the people who want to reach for greater challenges? Should all pursuits be be made easier and all future pursuits also be made very easy so that everybody gets them and more people burn through them? Maybe everybody should just be awarded all the pursuits simply for logging in once, but I suspect many people wouldn't like that?

Personally I am not very good at the time trials. I don't particularly enjoy those. I have accepted that I simply will not be driving the black charger, at least not for a while. The last thing I would want Trion to do would be to lower the bar so that more people could achieve this. If I REALLY want it, I will simply have to apply myself and work hard to complete this pursuit. OR maybe I won't. What I will not do is whine and cry until someone just gives it to me.

Iceberg
04-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Xbox360 Trophies! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/defiance/achievements/)

Ps3 Trophies! (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/defiance/trophies/)

For xbox they call them achievements not trophies :P

OldestGamer
04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
HA!!! yer complaining about 5000 pistol kills?!?!?! try bolt actions and get back to us...

Hey try Yuke arena with a lightning Rifle and kill the scitterlings,I get about 100-150 kills a game.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 12:02 AM
For xbox they call them achievements not trophies :P

Sorry was in a hurry when I typed that.

Atticus Batman
04-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I actually own both. I just don't play Defiance on either. Are you saying they mirrored an achievement to the Master Gunslinger III pursuit? I guess it depends on how many points you get for it. There are certainly harder things to achieve in other games like Seriously 3.0 for GoW 3.

Yes most of the achievements/trophies are just the pursuits mirrored. As for the points, those websites list them. Master Gunslinger is 25g.

Emzx99
04-12-2014, 01:59 PM
To spare us the pain of playing this dog **** game. I've all for difficulty, but when **** is outright broken like a dead multiplayer, luck based crap like Lucky Kitty, broken arenas in Gunslinger, or impossible fights with the Warmaster (if you just go in without a team). I'm not asking for easy, necessarily, but I'd like doable. Not to mention the grinding, that needs to go away. What's the point in getting 10,000 kills for an achievement if they're just going to give you another for 5000 with crappy pistols? It's offensive. They don't think these things through. That is why I want them easy for the last DLC, I just want to leave this game behind, take it to the range, and destroy it with my shotgun.

My problem is OCD, but I'm glad I really only do it on Xbox. If I did it on PC, or PSN I'd be boned. It's not that I don't want to stop playing, it's that I can't. So why make it harder for me when they know full well the game doesn't work properly. With an Ego boost and no real content I fear these achievements are going to be utter garbage.

Emzx99
04-12-2014, 02:03 PM

I'm going for the achievement completion, why would I bother using the abortion bolt action rifles? Hopefully that isn't a part of the next DLC. You keep going for the pursuits, I'll be doing the stuff for the achievements. I'm guessing that's your inability to read that got in the way of your understanding.