PDA

View Full Version : Are towns possible?

IcemanKB72
04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah I know it's likely to never happen, but it would be excellent if trion added towns to the game, and seeing player feedback here might help create demand. Obvious problems are lag and what do you actually put in the town.

As far as lag, make towns something you launch from matchmaking. Ie, choose your town and your group members can follow, potentially allowing you and your buddies a place to chill. Make a max of 10-15 people (Just an arbitrary number).

Maybe include something to make you want to go to a town other than just because, such as activities you and others can play (maybe even for scrip). This may include darts, card games, or anything else frontiersmen and ladies usually do in their down time. It would also be cool to see contracts like special jobs or assassinations (people still hate people in the apocalypse right?) enter the game exclusively through towns, giving players a reason to visit.

Just my two cents.

Rokea
04-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Yeah I know it's likely to never happen, but it would be excellent if trion added towns to the game, and seeing player feedback here might help create demand. Obvious problems are lag and what do you actually put in the town.

As far as lag, make towns something you launch from matchmaking. Ie, choose your town and your group members can follow, potentially allowing you and your buddies a place to chill. Make a max of 10-15 people (Just an arbitrary number).

Maybe include something to make you want to go to a town other than just because, such as activities you and others can play (maybe even for scrip). This may include darts, card games, or anything else frontiersmen and ladies usually do in their down time. It would also be cool to see contracts like special jobs or assassinations (people still hate people in the apocalypse right?) enter the game exclusively through towns, giving players a reason to visit.

Just my two cents.
I Don't see this happening, I think they would just add another hub location to the map.

Smiit
04-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Rokea is right, the possibility of towns being added into the game is pretty low but there is a chance! Speculation and hopefulness is always fun :)
They also mentioned " the inevitable land expansion " in the state of the game post so who knows

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
What would be cool is if clan points could be used to purchase different bases that only one clan can claim. Then name those bases and have it show up in game. I dont know what the purpose would be but it would be a sweet meet up spot for any clan activities or trades. One things for sure though it would promote competition between clans to fight over the prime locations.

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Here was my idea a long while back. I had sent it to Dahanese and Trick both and never heard anything back form them....not that I expected any response.......but it would have been nice to see something like "cool idea but not possible with our engine" or something like that.

I know it's a long read....but I thought it was a good idea.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?65120-Ideas-for-Civilization-let-me-know-what-you-think.&highlight=civilization

masterfarr
04-09-2014, 10:40 AM
read the whole post
https://twitter.com/TrickDempsey/status/453950189665935360

Rokea
04-09-2014, 10:44 AM
clan outposts would be cool, especially if you had like clan wars over territory.

IcemanKB72
04-10-2014, 08:47 AM
All good ideas. Like I said, it's definately not happening soon and may never happen, but it is pretty fun to spitball ideas. Plus you never know who is looking, maybe someone is checking these threads for late season 2 dcl ideas.

Definately like the idea of individual clan bases, but instead of a war to control a set number of bases why not have each clan choose a color and on of a few set styles of base? This is even more plausible than towns because it would just be on of (let's say 3) town models with a different color scheme. That would definately be a nice addition.

And I didn't know that smiit, expansion is always a plus in open world games. Gets boring running around the same old map for a month lol.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-10-2014, 09:00 AM
The things with games is there always needs to be change. I believe once we get our basics features like this will be implemented. If you think about it a lot of ideas we post on here are actually in game now or are coming soon. example: rerolls mastery, more outfits, mass breakdown fixes, not enough keycodes for events...and so on. If we ***** enough things get done on here.

IcemanKB72
04-10-2014, 09:06 AM
The things with games is there always needs to be change. I believe once we get our basics features like this will be implemented. If you think about it a lot of ideas we post on here are actually in game now or are coming soon. example: rerolls mastery, more outfits, mass breakdown fixes, not enough keycodes for events...and so on. If we ***** enough things get done on here.

Exactly. That's why we need to post on here. I'd honestly like to see this stuff in the game, or at least pieces of it. C'mon guys, if rockstar implemented a few of the ideas on it's social club, anything's possible lol.