PDA

View Full Version : Just an opinion essay on what this game SHOULD be all about

Smiit
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Defiance. A massive co-op shooter. Notice the word key word CO-OP. This game's social aspect has derailed. Let's face it, you really don't like the people you play with sometimes. That doesn't mean that you aren't able to be kind to one another. Hating others inside does not prohibit the ability to be kind. I created a clan to serve the purpose of encouraging kindness towards one another. Clans in this game have a double purpose and meaning. You either join a large clan to get all the boosts and bonuses. Or you join other clan to have people to play with, hang out with, and talk to. That second reason is the reason I play this game. The purpose of Defiance is to have fun. It's a GAME. The level of drama and seriousness we face in some clans is ridiculous. I've followed one simple rule my entire time I've spent playing this game: BE NICE. No matter who it is niceness and kindness have always gotten me through the tough things and annoying people Ive had to deal with in this game. Every day I log in and answer every single question and help every person in need. When I was in other clan I was rewarded with money, guns, and promotions. Hell, I even became a leader of a clan for being kind. But I was not kind for all of that. I was kind because.... why not. Tonight I just helped a new player. I spent all night telling them everything there is to know about this game. It made me feel good. It also made that persons day. I changed the way they thought about the game the way they experienced the game just by simple words. Don' t you wish you could do that? So... why not? The point of this thread is to let all fellow ark hunters know the importance of kindness and the way it positively impacts people. I dont care that im known for being nice or I get rewarded for it. Im just glad I get to log in every day make an impact on someone's day. So I encourage you. The next time you get on and are about to hate on someone... think about the impact you might have on them. Everything we say impacts another person no matter what we say. Remember to be nice always. I've met a lot of unhappy and mean people. And the minute I said something nice it changed them. Imagine what the Defiance community would be like if all of us were kind. If you want to support my cause to help create a positive community reply to this thread. DEFIANCE.

Tallon
04-08-2014, 09:19 PM
You mean it's not supposed to be about cars disappearing, disconnects, lag-outs, and poorly thought out dlc's? (all of which bring out resentment/hard feelings and the worst stuff in all of us)

I agree, hating on each other doesn't help, and is why I normally don't pay any attention to in-game chat. For the most part, the majority of players here are considerate of others. However, as with any game, there are a healthy amount of trolls that intentionally try to make others miserable. It's a whole other game to them and is best to just ignore said people.

Smiit
04-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Yep not at all :)

Smiit
04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I hate to put it this way but youre wrong. We shouldn't ignore them. Remember what I said a Ive met many mean people I didnt ignore them I was nice to them which changed their attitude. Kindness is a chain reaction.

Bonehead
04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
You must be some kind of troll whisperer.

jschmuck33
04-08-2014, 10:08 PM
I agree with you Smiit. I actually started a clan on PC/NA for the same basic reason, I wanted a small group of players who are going to try and help others in the game if they need it. In larger clans you tend to open yourself up to the possibility of having members who just simply aren't nice, small clans (I believe) can avoid that more easily.

This is not me bashing on large clans. I simply prefer the smaller close knit group. :)

IcemanKB72
04-11-2014, 05:47 AM
You hit the nail on the head with the "co-op" emphasis. My buddies keep begging me to go back to BF4 or pick up CoD (I swear I will never do that again, once was enough -_-). I'd rather play Co-op all day, because one: it's fun as shtako, and two: I'm not all to good at competitive games. I'm glad defiance doesn't have a pvp setting in its freeroam, or it would turn into GTA out there. People want to fight, I get that, but at least fight over something worthwhile.

Now if we could just keep 12 year olds from talking about who was doing what to each other's various maternal figures, that would be great.

Overwatch
04-11-2014, 06:09 AM
You hit the nail on the head with the "co-op" emphasis. My buddies keep begging me to go back to BF4 or pick up CoD (I swear I will never do that again, once was enough -_-). I'd rather play Co-op all day, because one: it's fun as shtako, and two: I'm not all to good at competitive games. I'm glad defiance doesn't have a pvp setting in its freeroam, or it would turn into GTA out there. People want to fight, I get that, but at least fight over something worthwhile.

Now if we could just keep 12 year olds from talking about who was doing what to each other's various maternal figures, that would be great.
Yeah, I must quote this one.

N3gativeCr33p
04-11-2014, 07:02 AM
I'm glad defiance doesn't have a pvp setting in its freeroam, or it would turn into GTA out there.

There are actually ways around PvP freeroaming with griefers in GTAV, but I digress... be that as it may, it still has a HUGE fun factor going for it. Played GTA: Online last night for the first time since December and I was literally in tears from laughing so hard... and it was only me and my youngest brother in our own "shard".

Unfortunately, the fun factor in this game is quickly disappearing with each DLP that gets pushed out the door before it's ready to be pushed out the door.

Pyth
04-11-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't know what's more amazing.

The fact that people are still playing this game or the fact that I actually remembered my log in for these forums.

Smiit
04-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Both are pretty amazing lol

Chocolatelover67
04-11-2014, 07:23 PM
What I find amusing is it's billed as an MMO so why the hell are there so many missions that are a solo effort? It's just so very amusing. Even the main story missions for an MMO it's not very MMO

PTR47
04-12-2014, 12:31 AM
It's an RPG with Barrens chat.