PDA

View Full Version : So DLC5 not going live today.... Good (my opinion)

Knightmage
04-09-2014, 06:03 AM
I just have to say it. Last night I was dreading looking at the forum to see a posting from a Dev that DLC5 would be going live today. I was afraid that it would be rushed to live and not be given the time we all want to really find the bugs and let Trion to have the time to dig in and rework the code. Thank you Trion for taking the time this time around to let us run it through the wringer.

I'm not that much of an optimist that everything we find is going to get fixed, hell there is a lot of old glitch code still floating around in the game making life interesting that dates back to original release, but it's getting better.

We as a community have been screaming for a bigger map, more content, etc... I have great hopes for season 2, and honestly it's the logical point to be able to introduce a new area, provided it's not rushed. Adding to the map adds it's own set of headaches I can only imagine into the code. No matter how much we want it, we need to be patient on receiving new things especially in light of how much many complain about things not being fixed. You basically can't have both.

I'm writing this today too damn sick to play, but too wound up dealing with my kids to rest. I'm fully expecting to get bashed, or flamed, called a Trion lover, or accused of being an Alt of a dev or CM. So be it. I just think that this game is young, going through it's (nerve wrackingly long) teething process, has made strides this past year, and will eventually be all we want it to be... so long as we are patient.

dramaQkarri
04-09-2014, 06:14 AM
FANBOY! Kidding...sucks to be sick and have to deal with kids too. *shakes off week-long ban*

Good to be back.

I am also glad to see more alpha test server activity, thanks to everyone who's involved! Yes this time things are slightly more hopeful in my view. Still playing Defiance after 1 year, still enjoying it. Still hopeful...when I'm not angry about some new/old bug or something. But that's why we're all here, right?

duction
04-09-2014, 06:16 AM
I like where you are going with this post and have full support for the team, let's get this DLC as great as possible with the time and resources you have. Season 2 will be great too, and can't wait!

CRIXDA
04-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Knightmage,
I am sorry to see that You are sick and We hope for Your speedy recovery.
No flaming here, I may have pointed out "the guy with the green face with arms and legs" as the new Trion "White Knight" and You may be that or not. I apologize for pointing You out like that, I didn't have much right to do that so I apologize.
I used to be a total "Trionista", all about "The Company" and they could do no wrong.
I just want stuff to be RIGHT.
Isn't that what We all want? Honestly?
So I agree that it is good that the DLC is still being tested and some bugs are being worked out and the next and final DLC should be the best one yet.
Get well soon Knightmage

Rokea
04-09-2014, 06:32 AM
I unfortunately will not hold my breath, I am sort of excited to see how these changes in paid patch update #5 will change the way the game is to be played. I am however not excited to see what game breaking glitches and bugs get added and what old ones will still be plaguing Paradise.

Knightmage
04-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Crixda, it's all good. I'm not trying to be the new white knight for Trion, nor am I a total Trionist (LOL) I will be the first to agree they have issues, as does the game. They can do plenty of wrong (I truly hate the death tax so it's top of my list there.) I'll admit to my own personal frustration in not having a refined gaming experience, I used to find it comical to be hurtling over the top of a hill at high speed and suddenly be a ballistic projectile sans runner, but it wears thin at times. And I've posted a couple of aggrivated messages along those lines as well. I'm just someone who tries to see both sides of the issue. LOL Catch me later in the day after dealing with 3 sick kids, two insane cats, and my cold medication has worn off and you might find me ready to bite the heads off of every Trion employee just for the hell of it. I just want the game to be good, and I see improvement so I recognize that whatever model they have instituted in the company seems to be having a positive effect which is good for everyone. That and they need to hear that it's appreciated. Just saying. And thanks for the words of support (from everyone), this cold is kicking everyone's butt here.

Rokea
04-09-2014, 06:56 AM
The death tax is a non-issue, I think most of the people complaining of this are mostly low ego to begin with, if they fixed the graphical issues maybe the death tax would effect some players however for the majority they are going to spend the tax anyway.

Knightmage
04-09-2014, 07:06 AM
I think it's more the principle of the thing than how it effects me in game play. It just strikes me wrong to be penalized for dying when I go rez a player (which I believe what the tax was supposed to promote) and get ganked by the mob that all of a sudden decides that I am the tastiest thing in the zone. LOL

dramaQkarri
04-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Most of the time death tax doesn't bother me, other times it's just a joke. Last night doing Crohnkite we had to die and extract at least 5 times to get enemies to appear in 2nd to last room. So of course, all our scores went to zero at that point. Which is just silly, as well as how nerfed the regular co-op scoring is in comparison to other events.

Rokea
04-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Most of the time death tax doesn't bother me, other times it's just a joke. Last night doing Crohnkite we had to die and extract at least 5 times to get enemies to appear in 2nd to last room. So of course, all our scores went to zero at that point. Which is just silly, as well as how nerfed the regular co-op scoring is in comparison to other events.
That was going to be my exception story, I jumped out because I didn't want to loose money for their bug/glitch hahaha

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately....as we have seen in the past and been told before (I believe in a Live Stream), once the DLC goes to the Alpha Server.....there is not much they are going to change.

They may tweak difficulty but will not be making major changes because they are most likely already in the process of getting the DLC approved through Sony and Microsoft. If they were to make any major changes they would have to start the approval process all over again, therefore delaying the release.

N3gativeCr33p
04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately....as we have seen in the past and been told before (I believe in a Live Stream), once the DLC goes to the Alpha Server.....there is not much they are going to change.

I forgot about that... well, there went my good mood today. Right out the window.

dramaQkarri
04-09-2014, 07:54 AM
That was going to be my exception story, I jumped out because I didn't want to loose money for their bug/glitch hahaha

I HAD to stay to get the stupid contract done...I wish they'd quit making Crohnkite the daily!

Knightmage
04-09-2014, 07:57 AM

They may tweak difficulty but will not be making major changes because they are most likely already in the process of getting the DLC approved through Sony and Microsoft. If they were to make any major changes they would have to start the approval process all over again, therefore delaying the release.

Actually they did a set of bug fixes I think it was yesterday with a server side patch, as reflected in their patch note update, so unless that was an exception you might be wrong.

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Actually they did a set of bug fixes I think it was yesterday with a server side patch, as reflected in their patch note update, so unless that was an exception you might be wrong.

Knightmage....I believe they can do minor bug fixes and tweaks....but they won't be making any major changes to the DLC that was submitted for approval. For the most part....what is being played on the Alpha server is what will be released in terms of content. At least this was my understanding of the process that Trion has been following.

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 08:07 AM
I forgot about that... well, there went my good mood today. Right out the window.

Sorry Cr33p3r....didn't mean to bring you down. I just remember it being said that once things are on Alpha....it's just bug fixing and tweaking that they will do.....content would not be changing.

N3gativeCr33p
04-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Sorry Cr33p3r....didn't mean to bring you down. I just remember it being said that once things are on Alpha....it's just bug fixing and tweaking that they will do.....content would not be changing.

Looks my like day just took a turn for the better, now that I received this in the mail a few minutes ago... :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkygGqCCQAEXr0S.jpg

Lillith Valerian
04-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Hahahahaha! Good mood....you....that's a good one. You're my favorite Last Angry Man in gaming!

That boxed set doesn't have CGI monkeys swinging in trees, does it?

Knightmage
04-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Sorry Shadow, misunderstood what you were trying to say. Yeah what's there is what we're going to get, but I'm really only concerned with bug fixes, I actually like the DLC and what I've been playing on Alpha.

AnGeL
04-09-2014, 08:47 AM
I find it funny that people are actually excited for season 2. Did the DLC not show you all how much effort is put into this game?

You HONESTLY expect season 2 to be that great?

AnGeL
04-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Looks my like day just took a turn for the better, now that I received this in the mail a few minutes ago... :)

I do love Dr. Jones....one of my fav trilogys...

N3gativeCr33p
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM
You're my favorite Last Angry Man in gaming!

*blushes* I feel so honored. Thanks! :)

That boxed set doesn't have CGI monkeys swinging in trees, does it?

Unfortunately, yes... not like it will see any air time on my Blu-ray player, though. Couldn't resist the $29 asking price to have the complete Indiana Jones collection.

I'm just OCD like that. ;)

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 09:30 AM

That is SWEET!!!!

Shadow Andreas
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Sorry Shadow, misunderstood what you were trying to say. Yeah what's there is what we're going to get, but I'm really only concerned with bug fixes, I actually like the DLC and what I've been playing on Alpha.

No worries....just trying to pass on what I remembered and help out.