PDA

View Full Version : L2 menu options

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-10-2014, 02:25 PM
first, im a ps3 player so im going to use the buttons i know, but this applies to pc and xbox also:

if i hold the L2 button, i get a mini menu for my ego power, stim, and spike. could the x button be added to the mini menu for a loadout change.

if i run into a battle and have the wrong weapons equipped, i do not want to ht the start button to change loadouts. if i have played for any length of time, going to the loadout menu either takes forever, or causes a crit out. it would be much easier if i could switch loadouts on the fly, and possibly somewhere on the screen it could show the loadout name for quick reference.

Rokea
04-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I know you can re-organize the button layout and function in the menu, I however have never tried to change anything because I like the default settings

Shadow Andreas
04-10-2014, 03:12 PM
first, im a ps3 player so im going to use the buttons i know, but this applies to pc and xbox also:

if i hold the L2 button, i get a mini menu for my ego power, stim, and spike. could the x button be added to the mini menu for a loadout change.

if i run into a battle and have the wrong weapons equipped, i do not want to ht the start button to change loadouts. if i have played for any length of time, going to the loadout menu either takes forever, or causes a crit out. it would be much easier if i could switch loadouts on the fly, and possibly somewhere on the screen it could show the loadout name for quick reference.

I believe Trick has said in past Live Streams that he doesn't want to (might have said won't) make it too easy to change load outs.

sericks
04-10-2014, 03:46 PM
What a great ideal and it would work I'm all for it

Tsort
04-11-2014, 03:25 AM
I believe Trick has said in past Live Streams that he doesn't want to (might have said won't) make it too easy to change load outs.
Then he should give us a quickbar that comes with a timer (like when you interact with an object), instead of throwing us out of action into a game menu when we're immersed in the middle of a fight.

Tekrunner
04-11-2014, 04:48 AM

I believe that he said that a while ago though, and I can understand why they wanted to do things like that in the "old" Defiance. But in a post-DLC5 game we're going to have to use a wider variety of weapons / nano-effects / perks, so being able to change on-the-fly would certainly be welcome.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 01:54 AM

He also said mhe may multi-purpose another button, like the crouch one. Something like crouching for 3 seconds or 5 seconds to switch the loadout.

Here you go, right from DefianceData.

"Switching Loadouts

As many menus as I can going forward, I want to make them not fill the entire screen. We want to stop obscuring the vision.

We are implementing the quick switch of loadouts, that won't be in the samurai DLC, it probably won't be the one after that, but hopefully soon after. Something like crouching for 3 seconds or 5 seconds to switch the loadout. It will speed things up and add strategy instead of feeling like cheating."

Since some will choose not to beleive me, here ya go!
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=150
Scroll down to the Questions. It's the first one.

Tek you do the test server. Try that out and see if it was ninja-added!

Chump Norris
04-12-2014, 02:15 AM
This really needs to be done. Yet another great idea that will probably be ignored by Trion.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 02:41 AM
This really needs to be done. Yet another great idea that will probably be ignored by Trion.

Did you not read my post above yours? Trick is already planning on a quick loadout switch in the main world, at some point.

Blondin
04-12-2014, 05:35 AM
Did you not read my post above yours? Trick is already planning on a quick loadout switch in the main world, at some point.
Didn't he spoke of "the inevitable land expansion in a MMO", and one year later, 5 dlc, and a seasoj pass, there is still no new map...

I don't think they are planning on giving the player what they want, they don't want to give you a button to quick change your loadout, no, they are working on a way to change completely the system of loadout, like they did, with grenade, score and now scaling that nobody asked for.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-12-2014, 02:18 PM
He also said mhe may multi-purpose another button, like the crouch one. Something like crouching for 3 seconds or 5 seconds to switch the loadout.

Here you go, right from DefianceData.

"Switching Loadouts

As many menus as I can going forward, I want to make them not fill the entire screen. We want to stop obscuring the vision.

We are implementing the quick switch of loadouts, that won't be in the samurai DLC, it probably won't be the one after that, but hopefully soon after. Something like crouching for 3 seconds or 5 seconds to switch the loadout. It will speed things up and add strategy instead of feeling like cheating."

Since some will choose not to beleive me, here ya go!
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=150
Scroll down to the Questions. It's the first one.

Tek you do the test server. Try that out and see if it was ninja-added!

glad to see they are considering it, but the crouch for 3-5 seconds is... well... stupid. i have given them a very legit way to add this option, without adding anymore menus, or messing up the screen at all. the menu is already in place and uses 3 out of the 4 buttons i have on my controler. im just asking this be added to the fourth button.

of course once again, something with positive feed back on the forum will go ignored because grenades.

Chump Norris
04-12-2014, 08:31 PM

Nah i didnt read that but glad I did now! I remember at one point someone said it would never happen. so im glad they changed their minds.

Atticus Batman
04-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Nah i didnt read that but glad I did now! I remember at one point someone said it would never happen. so im glad they changed their minds.

I know it looks good, and I will admit that since I posted the info in this thread, but remember with Dlc 1 the promised co-op arenas. That took 3 more arenas, and came with Dlc 4. So by that logic, since they said it at the release of Dlc 3, that means it should come with or right after the first season 2 Dlc. Assuming they do some of course.