PDA

View Full Version : Any detailed guides for progression in skills/pvp pursuits?

Dehlert
04-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey it has been awhile since I have played and I still have a ways to go for EGO rating. Seeing nerfs to certain weapons and changes here and there I was wondering if anyone had any detailed guides on effective leveling strategies for weapon skills, and pvp pursuits?

I probably am asking for too much but I was wondering what perk loadout works best for pve weapon leveling and what weapons usually do well in each field?

An example would be, I had believed the Canker at one time was the best infector to use while leveling - would that still be the case? I know that your damage is what affects the xp you gain but some weapons could have higher dps?

I imagine I will get a bunch of search bar rage posts but I figure some people could take a second to stop arguing with others on here and help a returning fella out. Thanks for any help.

Shadow Andreas
04-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey it has been awhile since I have played and I still have a ways to go for EGO rating. Seeing nerfs to certain weapons and changes here and there I was wondering if anyone had any detailed guides on effective leveling strategies for weapon skills, and pvp pursuits?

I probably am asking for too much but I was wondering what perk loadout works best for pve weapon leveling and what weapons usually do well in each field?

An example would be, I had believed the Canker at one time was the best infector to use while leveling - would that still be the case? I know that your damage is what affects the xp you gain but some weapons could have higher dps?

I imagine I will get a bunch of search bar rage posts but I figure some people could take a second to stop arguing with others on here and help a returning fella out. Thanks for any help.

I don't know about PVP.....I still have yet to really venture into it.

As for weapons....my 2 cents is as follows:

Sawed Off- Courrier
Combat- Cluster Shot
Pistols- High damage and Crit
AR/AMG/LMG- High damage and fast ROF
BMG- Stingray
Pump- Fragger (can't remember if it was the Grind Fragger or regular Fragger...the automatic one)
Snipers- Anything with high damage
Bug Gun- Immunizer
Detonator- Cluster Drop or Ground Pounder
Rocket- I don't really have a favorite one yet.

This is just my 2 cents

duction
04-10-2014, 10:31 PM
The new DLC is out Tuesday, thungs are changing so maybe wait till then and bump this post,

Failing that goto San Quentin prison and level up guns there.. Goto incursions and sieges for exp?

Smiit
04-10-2014, 10:37 PM
My ideal pvp weapons I use are Sluggers, zaggers, and cankers. But I also like the Volge Breacher I use. So the gist is that shottys are the way to go.
Shottys + Cloak = Unstoppable

duction
04-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Cloak shotgun user get blown away from by me.. It's them damn snipers in protection spikes that are more unstoppable lol

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Sawed Off- Courrier - afflicted emergencies and incursions
Combat- Cluster Shot - afflicted emergencies and incursions
Pistols- vbi tacc autopistol, vot blaster - hulker at san quentin
AR/AMG/LMG- High damage and fast ROF - anywhere, these level fast
BMG- Stingray - head first crater, and afflicted events OR heavy coiler (0 dmg charge) against forges!!!
Pump- grind fragger - afflicted events, head first crater, hulker
Snipers- ranger - hulker at san quentin
Bug Gun- Immunizer
Detonator- big boomer - sutro tower
Rocket- cluster shot - head first crater, afflicted events

Dehlert
04-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, and I am aware the game will change tuesday - but I was hoping to bump my EGO up a little by then in preparation.

EDIT: are any of the DLC weapons worth it? I only have the first 2 dlc and haven't seen much of a reason to get the other 2 since 10 bucks for what they offer is an insult in my opinion... glad to see the new DLC is basically a free update for those who didn't have a season pass.

duction
04-11-2014, 01:37 AM
You won't get the orange mods in vendors ect,

Tekrunner
04-11-2014, 01:42 AM
The San Quentin Hulker method doesn't work nearly as well as it used to. I don't know exactly when that happened, but many hulkers don't take increased damage on their body anymore, they only have a +50% dmg bonus on their head.

Right now, the methods I'd recommend:

Shotguns: find a quiet DM Extractors and go to town on them, using EGO boosts so that you're always in green fury mode
All other bullet weapons: Monoliths. Make sure you're next to an unused EGO boost when the drive is about to be exposed, then blast it with full force. Works extremely well for pistols with high crits and semi-auto snipers. Low population DM Extractors work well too.
Explosive weapons: afflicted sieges (not the Madera one, way too crowded), first and fourth Thorn Liro arenas (for a ton of skitterlings or scrappers).
BMGs: same as explosive weapons with a high link BMG (stingray, castithan weaver)
Infectors: Cankers and Outbreakers are the least bad, and they're best used on high HP targets (so that DoT has time to get rolling). The SQ Hulker may still be a good choice for these.