PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Power Rating Adjustment for Arktech Revolution

Scapes
04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Ark hunters, we have a pre-Arktech Revolution heads-up to share:

To adjust for the new changes to how EGO rating and power rating is handled in our fifth DLC, all equipment on your character and in your inventory that is below 75% of that character's EGO rating will be raised to 75% of that character's EGO rating. An important note is that NO items in your claimable items will be affected as they can be claimed by any character on your account.

We're looking forward to the launch of Arktech Revolution on Tuesday!

Bonehead
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the word Scapes. This will help some.

CM Kiwibird
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
An important note is that NO items in your claimable items will be affected as they can be claimed by any character on your account.

Extra, extra important! Don't forget something in your claimable items section.

TheOz
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM

To adjust for the new changes to how EGO rating and power rating is handled in our fifth DLC, all equipment on your character and in your inventory that is below 75% of that character's EGO rating will be raised to 75% of that character's EGO rating. An important note is that NO items in your claimable items will be affected as they can be claimed by any character on your account.

Thanks for the update but . . .

Scapes, I got to be honest with you.
This scares me more than makes me happy. I am envisioning destroyed oranges as changing things on this scale before has been . . . problematic.

ironcladtrash
Thank you for listening. That definitely takes the sting off a bit. Would have preferred 100% but this is a lot better than nothing and almost seems manageable.

rebtattoo
what if a weapon is higher ego than the character holding it? Will it lower that weapons ego rating to 75% of that lower ego?

Albion
04-10-2014, 06:37 PM
This is a good thing. (as long as none of my legendaries get altered in any other way but this)

Fuzzy
04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Oh my God, thank you! That's awesome news! :)
One of my favourite weapons is far far below my ego, so thanks for that!
It's at least something :)

ShawnyBee
04-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo, I already started cleaning out my inventory of lower ego weapons.

I am glad about this though and my inventory did need a overhaul anyway.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-10-2014, 06:58 PM
looks like i will spend the next few hours taking photos of all my best gear for comparison after this happens. im happy, and yet unnaturally unsettled about this.

Chump Norris
04-10-2014, 06:58 PM
This is very good news indeed.

I cant get an answer from PM so ill ask. Are there any plans to do something for the plain V shields? They are going to go from great to meh that is if I am reading the alpha posts right.

Overtkill21
04-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Well how'd you like that...a two fer...you two are on a roll Scapes & Kiwi - this is fantastic news!

Overtkill21
04-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Ya'll are gonna make doubly sure this doesn't affect weapons at or above 75% of our EGO too, right?

I'd hate to see weapons drop to 75% of my EGO.

ConcreteSnake
04-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Thank you for listening and not making my entire inventory junk

Olaf
04-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh my God, thank you! That's awesome news! :)
One of my favourite weapons is far far below my ego, so thanks for that!
It's at least something :)

that sexy springer? =)

Stefanwulfe
04-10-2014, 07:56 PM
My 1103 Wolfhound is very pleased to hear this.

ironcladtrash
04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Ya'll are gonna make doubly sure this doesn't affect weapons at or above 75% of our EGO too, right?

I am actually optimistic on this one. I doubt the way the script will run will look at anything above that. However Fuzzle made a good point on the alpha threads when I suggested something similar and wanted the inventory at 100% matched. Almost everyone 5k now will be immediately above 5k when the DLC drops because of completed pursuits and weapon levels. So is the 75% calculated on 5K or the new EGO level? However, just my opinion, but I am so happy and a little shocked they are doing something I really don't care since it will be minor compared to them doing nothing at all.

McSteeletom
04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Noo this morning I broke down like 30 legendarys cauee they were over 2000 ego behind my 3692 ego

Chump Norris
04-10-2014, 08:30 PM

I really want to say there is no chance they would screw up like that but..

Overtkill21
04-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Noo this morning I broke down like 30 legendarys cauee they were over 2000 ego behind my 3692 ego

http://www.whats-thesayinganswers.com/images/jumping-the-gun.jpg

Holy Bahamut3
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Good news. At least we got their attention. I hope they got my PM's

Lillith Valerian
04-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I requested that all of our weapons be brought up to our current level, so that all of us may start 'clean' and go forward from the DLC release making hard decisions about what to maintain. 75% feels like an acceptable counter-offer. 1000 Ark Forge for only one character is still inexcusable, and remains a stark example of the cash-grab aspect of this change.

Every DLC gives each of our characters a copy of everything that DLC has to offer in the way of outfits, weapons, titles and equipment. The Ark Forge bump should be no different, *especially* given the heavy impact (let's call it for what it is...drawback) that the DLC represents for our performance. Our purchase should give us the right to maximize at least something in each of our character's load-outs right away, especially given the difficulty curve we're being thrown.

Don't force a Sophie's Choice on us with our characters, Scapes.

It just comes off as naked greed to do so. It's not cool.

Holy Bahamut3
04-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I requested that all of our weapons be brought up to our current level, so that all of us may start 'clean' and go forward from the DLC release making hard decisions about what to maintain. 75% feels like an acceptable counter-offer. 1000 Ark Forge for only one character is still inexcusable, and remains a stark example of the cash-grab aspect of this change.

Every DLC gives each of our characters a copy of everything that DLC has to offer in the way of outfits, weapons, titles and equipment. The Ark Forge bump should be no different, *especially* given the heavy impact (let's call it for what it is...drawback) that the DLC represents for our performance. Our purchase should give us the right to at least maximize something in each of our character's load-outs right away, especially given the difficulty curve we're being thrown.

Totally agree with the above. If you want us to buy things out of the store restore faith in your brand. I'm not going to buy AF to improve weapons when I'm afraid that the next patch will devalue that weapon for example, and I won't buy cosmetic content when I'm in a constant state of wanting to quit. I've bought vehicles and outfits when I had faith in this game, that was before DLC 1 and the weapons patch...

Ironhide
04-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Totally agree with the above. If you want us to buy things out of the store restore faith in your brand. I'm not going to buy AF to improve weapons when I'm afraid that the next patch will devalue that weapon for example, and I won't buy cosmetic content when I'm in a constant state of wanting to quit. I've bought vehicles and outfits when I had faith in this game, that was before DLC 1 and the weapons patch...

I agree, the only thing I've bought since dlc 1 has been a few inventory slots and the 7th legion samurai-esque helmet from the store. I only bought the helmet because I got the suit ealier in the week, and wanted atleast one fricken complete suit. Other than that I've not had any faith in this game , as such will not pay anything more than what the game is curently worth, that is IF I'm feeling generous.

Bonehead
04-10-2014, 09:27 PM

Every DLC gives each of our characters a copy of everything that DLC has to offer in the way of outfits, weapons, titles and equipment. The Ark Forge bump should be no different, *especially* given the heavy impact (let's call it for what it is...drawback) that the DLC represents for our performance. Our purchase should give us the right to maximize at least something in each of our character's load-outs right away, especially given the difficulty curve we're being thrown.

Totally agree Pink. Well said.

Atticus Batman
04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
DiD I miss something? When are they altering our weapons, so I know when I need to claim my best from my claims so it can be auto-leveled?

Lucent
04-10-2014, 09:52 PM

YES.

We have already see Fuzzle's post that shows a 5000 weapon is trash compared to a 5500 weapon:
http://i.imgur.com/ZXJI6sB.jpg

75% of 5000 is 3750... so it will STILL be trash. It will just be higher level trash.

This is STILL NOT acceptable. It is "better than the original plan" but still bull because my older weapons will still be bad.... and even my 5000 level weapons will be bad!

ironcladtrash
04-10-2014, 10:02 PM
DiD I miss something? When are they altering our weapons, so I know when I need to claim my best from my claims so it can be auto-leveled?

Claim it before the DLC drops on the 15th because anything lower than your level you won't be able to use.

ConcreteSnake
04-10-2014, 10:03 PM

I would assume after or during the patch

Atticus Batman
04-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Claim it before the DLC drops on the 15th because anything lower than your level you won't be able to use.

Ok just wanted to make sure it wasn't some dumb ninja leveling happening before then. That gives me a couple days to clear my small inventory space, and claim my good weapons.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-10-2014, 10:18 PM

personally, i would prefer to have a 100% ego match, and get 1000 ark forge. im only 4600 now, and im gonna have to level weapons clear to 5700. my weapons are only going to bump to 3550ish, so that is 2000 ego points per weapon. id much rather have 4600 weapons, and grind for the ark to raise em all 1000 ego.

ConcreteSnake
04-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Ok just wanted to make sure it wasn't some dumb ninja leveling happening before then. That gives me a couple days to clear my small inventory space, and claim my good weapons.

what's your ego? I could hold them for you, I have over 100 free slots. I'm ego 4963 and might be 5000 by dlc so they would be like 3700ish.

duction
04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
That's a good point someone made earlier..

I've cleared ego 5000+ as I've done 100% in game last year it was 5175 or more according to the stats page when it was there, will my 75% work from the hidden ego I am NOW or ego 5000 that is on the screen?

Thanks guys, knew you wouldn't let us down.

Atticus Batman
04-10-2014, 10:43 PM
what's your ego? I could hold them for you, I have over 100 free slots. I'm ego 4963 and might be 5000 by dlc so they would be like 3700ish.

ego 3900 or so. Actually I am still logged in, in the other room. So you could do a search and see for yourself. My Gt and ign are VERY easy! LOL

Tsort
04-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Thanks for that, Trion.

DRHONEY
04-11-2014, 08:11 AM

Ok when u say 75% of your characters rating. Example if i have a 5000 ego toon will it bring my guns to 3750 or 1250?

ConcreteSnake
04-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Ok when u say 75% of your characters rating. Example if i have a 5000 ego toon will it bring my guns to 3750 or 1250?

I would assume 3750, that's still $40+ in bits to raise those items to 5000. All this courtesy is, is damage control to keep players happy but still force major grinding. Actually the more I think about it, this is DAMAGE MITIGATION, which is all this entire patch really is. Enimies live longer, arkhunters die faster.

bigguy
04-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks very much , But i still think they should go with my idea of a daily chimera rewards box in addition to this.

Critical Errors
04-11-2014, 08:20 AM
So, if I'm at ego 5000, then every item in my inventory below ego 3750 will raise to 3750? That's still quite a big gap that I'll have to compensate for. It's a decent start, but still leaves quite a bit of grinding or paying real money to make a weapon useful. Why not increase to the nearest 1000 or 500 ego? That would still leave us some work, but not a ridiculous amount.
What about weapons that I don't want to increase? I have some weapons that I hold onto for lower ego clan members to use. Will there be a way to manually decide which weapons to increase, or will those weapons just be useless now? An ego 200 SMG in my inventory that gets raised to 3750 won't be very attractive to anyone. Not only is it lacking a synergy, but it's missing a roll. That doesn't really sit well for a higher ego player, but now a lower ego character won't be able to use it? Will these weapons receive the extra roll, or did a decent amount of my inventory once again become obsolete?

Ironhide
04-11-2014, 08:25 AM
They should also raise any and all of our guns that are lower than our ego to what our ego is now....none of this 75 % bullchit. I refuse to buy overprice chit from the store. The moment they quit trying to force us to buy stuff from the store is the day I'll think about buying something.

McClane
04-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks Trion? F*$k no! You still are giving us the shaft! 75% is unnaceptable. It should be 100%. What you are doing to the game should of been done before you put Defiance out for sale! Most of my guns are either 4900 or 5000 so it really doesnt hurt me, its just the principal here. I understand Trick Dempsey is working very hard and doing what he knows how to do best. That doesnt mean its best for Defiance. This game was unique at one point and now its just becoming more and more like borderlands. If your gonna copy borderlands do a good job at it, cause what you are doing is just STUPID! I mean seriously have you guys really thought this through, seems like you have not. Grenades are gonna scale to our level again for damage...Isnt this mechanic that you guys changed and used as an excuse to push back a lackluster DLC/Patch to us, and now your bringing it back? What about back pack weapons such as Nano-Mastery? have you thought about that? 5% nano effect chance on critical hit, from what I read and understand this will now be a useless backpack synergy. Did you even think of junk like that or are we gonna have to sit for weeks and wait for you to fix that too. That PvP map that came with my DLC months ago is still broken. The list go's on and on, but I dont care enough any more to list them all. 100% is the fair thing to do.........and consider what I said in another thread about Season pass holders gettting a free ride for next season, cause I'm tired of all the bullsh*t that keeps coming from Team Trion... there long wall of text and rant is over. FOR NOW!

ConcreteSnake
04-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Will these weapons receive the extra roll, or did a decent amount of my inventory once again become obsolete?

no extra roll, and yes obsolete again. The boost still leaves about 1000 ego to be grinded out or bought in the bit store, which is approximately $20 per gun, or weeks of grinding to upgrade, at which point you will probably find something better.

rebtattoo
04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
no extra roll, and yes obsolete again. The boost still leaves about 1000 ego to be grinded out or bought in the bit store, which is approximately $20 per gun, or weeks of grinding to upgrade, at which point you will probably find something better.Or start another character and store them there...All the weapons I have that I don't want affected by this will be going on to my level 124 toon...

Overtkill21
04-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Or start another character and store them there...All the weapons I have that I don't want affected by this will be going on to my level 124 toon...

I fully expect this scaling to fail horribly and reverse weapons we have at our current EGO to 75% of it...I mean c'mon those of you that have been here long enough, can't you see it happening?

The fix for it should be interesting though - maybe they just bite the bullet and put ALL weapons at our EGO level to correct it.

Ironhide
04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
I fully expect this scaling to fail horribly and reverse weapons we have at our current EGO to 75% of it...I mean c'mon those of you that have been here long enough, can't you see it happening?

The fix for it should be interesting though - maybe they just bite the bullet and put ALL weapons at our EGO level to correct it.

They should just bite the bullet anyways, save themselves time, backlash and hassle, and start everyone on the same page with their weapons at the persons current ego level, after all it was their bright idea to fuqqq with the scaling in the first place, why should the players be the ones to eat the $#itty end of the stick! And because grenades ain't gonna cut it this time, nor the long fullfilling chase either!

alienstookmybeer
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM

I'm picturing my faction weapons going nanoless just like the Frontier Saws would appear at the Top-Notch store when I was 3/4 my current ego level.

drackiller
04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Remember when a few weeks back they give to our equipments whith (---) level an upgrade to the current level that we had at that time!?
I guess that this last "dlc" explains it all.

Nefarious
04-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Lucky me all my gear is 4900-5000.

AR700SAW
04-11-2014, 11:44 AM
They should just bite the bullet anyways, save themselves time, backlash and hassle, and start everyone on the same page with their weapons at the persons current ego level, after all it was their bright idea to fuqqq with the scaling in the first place, why should the players be the ones to eat the $#itty end of the stick! And because grenades ain't gonna cut it this time, nor the long fullfilling chase either!

Yeah; I'd be much more tolerant of the bullet sponge enemies (which is what put me off of Borderlands 2; I've spent hundreds of hours in BL 1 and 2, but the bullet sponge tendencies in 2's later DLC just ruined the fun for me, haven't touched the game since) and the massive Arkforge grindfest if we had our weapons match our EGO level (or 90% of it, which still means we'll have to make big decisions of what to spend Arkforge on). Currently, this just sounds like it's going to be more tedious than fun...

TASHINKA
04-11-2014, 11:59 AM
what's your ego? I could hold them for you, I have over 100 free slots. I'm ego 4963 and might be 5000 by dlc so they would be like 3700ish.High ego players should rent their inventory slots for Tuesday's leveling patch

Overtkill21
04-11-2014, 12:07 PM
High ego players should rent their inventory slots for Tuesday's leveling patch

Agreed - I am a bit over 4500 now but anticipate being at 4700+ before Tuesday - I'm well known in the game and honest - and I have 384 Inventory Slots.

Who out there wants their weapons at 3525+ next Tuesday?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-11-2014, 07:12 PM
since this announcement, ive been studying my inventory carefully. it seems ive traded a lot of my lower ego gear to newer players, or friends who started new toons. im at 4700ish right now, and so my low items will jump to 3525ish like overtkills. but what about the majority of my gear which is between 3600 and 4000, including 90% of my personal daily use guns and shields. realistically this ego bump doesnt do me much for me, and im sure there a lot of other people like myself.

also, for all the guys at 5k who have a ton of 4900 weapons, this does nothing. even if they retroactively jump to 5300-5400, 4900 ego weapons are still above the 75% cutoff so they are getting the short end of this deal.

please apply a 100% ego match for everyone, or at the least explain why you decided 75%

thank you

this needs to be an ego match upgrade

ironcladtrash
04-11-2014, 07:46 PM

If it gives you any hope if they use the same thing they did on alpha server today it should be OK. My lowest weapon is now 3903. My 5k Stuff is fine. I wish they would make it 100% too, but I'll take this over nothing.

Xaat Xuun
04-11-2014, 08:46 PM
looks like i will spend the next few hours taking photos of all my best gear for comparison after this happens. im happy, and yet unnaturally unsettled about this.

I was just going to do the same, have one 154 orange Nomad (also my very first) I wanted to keep as a collectors item, guess I'll need to save in JPG now ;)

Clarity Page
04-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks that should do the trick,
Good i don't have to replace my purple respark regen III those don't drop very often so replacing it would have been a nightmare, you saved my favourite wolfy from impending extinction too along with a few others guns.

Critical Errors
04-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Hey Scapes! Can we at least get our weapons marked "Cannnot Trade" ranked up to our current ego? Or maybe have them inherently rank up with us as we go along?

Quebra Regra
04-12-2014, 08:16 AM

Make it 100% and you got a deal.

Scapes
04-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Hey Scapes! Can we at least get our weapons marked "Cannnot Trade" ranked up to our current ego? Or maybe have them inherently rank up with us as we go along?

I believe these will rank up to your current EGO the first (and only first) time you log in. Will confirm.

drackiller
04-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I believe these will rank up to your current EGO the first (and only first) time you log in. Will confirm.

If true, only good news.
But good news never the less.

Critical Errors
04-12-2014, 12:35 PM

That would be swell :D At least some of our weapons would be usable right away.

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 02:40 PM
That would be swell :D At least some of our weapons would be usable right away.

o man that would be so great, I have a 4000 respark regen v ark that was gonna eat up half of my arkforge, just to be protected! I have a lot of other stuff to spend the forge on, so this is at least finally a benefit to items we cannot trade. This probably also help the swords for people who got them a long time ago and wouldn't want to spend the arkforge required to make it useful.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 03:06 PM
o man that would be so great, I have a 4000 respark regen v ark that was gonna eat up half of my arkforge, just to be protected! I have a lot of other stuff to spend the forge on, so this is at least finally a benefit to items we cannot trade. This probably also help the swords for people who got them a long time ago and wouldn't want to spend the arkforge required to make it useful.

I was just thinking, I'd have to get some friends together and grind out Thorne Liro for enough rep for a new Oj blade. Maintaining a gun at my level will be much easier and cheaper than leveling up the old ego 2800 one.

sericks
04-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I hope this works and don't break our goto weapons.

Quebra Regra
04-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I was just thinking, I'd have to get some friends together and grind out Thorne Liro for enough rep for a new Oj blade. Maintaining a gun at my level will be much easier and cheaper than leveling up the old ego 2800 one.

I got yer back.... anytime, anywhere.

Besides, I'll need a new oj sword too ;)

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I got yer back.... anytime, anywhere.

Besides, I'll need a new oj sword too ;)

Truth is, I currently use my blue Katana more since the syn does make it a lil more useful. I also have a blue with no ego in my claims, so since those match the ego of the character that claims them, I should be good there. Just wish I could get an oj katana. But I do need to buy more stuff from thorne liro for that pursuit, so why not make getting a new oj blade, my goal, so I have something to work for. :)

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 05:53 PM
I hope this works and don't break our goto weapons.

Remember it only levels guns/shields up to 75% of your ego, so if you are ego 3900, then your low level guns/shields (in your inventory)will level to 2925. Wich means if your go to guns are lower ego than you, then they will stay that way, until you spend the Arkforge to level them. I am 3957 and should be at 4000 by tuesday, so I found a clanmate at ego 5000 to hold onto my 6 fave items, because at ego 5000, anything in his inventory will level to 3700 when the patch is downloaded tuesday. The way I see it, spending the Forge to level 300 points an item is alot better and cheaper than 1100 levels. And then it's a matter of getting enough Forge to just maintain those weapons at your level, so it doesn't take lots of Forge to level them.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-12-2014, 08:27 PM

so your going to rank untradable equipment up to our current level, but everything else will only be raised to 75%? i would loooove to hear the reasoning behind that.

Bonehead
04-12-2014, 08:50 PM
so your going to rank untradable equipment up to our current level, but everything else will only be raised to 75%? i would loooove to hear the reasoning behind that.

I have a feeling that listening to that reasoning would be like looking at an M.C. Escher painting.
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/recogn-bmp/LW426.jpg

Critical Errors
04-13-2014, 03:47 AM

Well, he said he's looking into it, so it's not set in stone. Also, the deal with "Cannot Trade" weapons was that we had to earn them. They've always had a separate mindset for those weapons.

Critical Errors
04-13-2014, 03:52 AM
Remember it only levels guns/shields up to 75% of your ego, so if you are ego 3900, then your low level guns/shields (in your inventory)will level to 2925. Wich means if your go to guns are lower ego than you, then they will stay that way, until you spend the Arkforge to level them. I am 3957 and should be at 4000 by tuesday, so I found a clanmate at ego 5000 to hold onto my 6 fave items, because at ego 5000, anything in his inventory will level to 3700 when the patch is downloaded tuesday. The way I see it, spending the Forge to level 300 points an item is alot better and cheaper than 1100 levels. And then it's a matter of getting enough Forge to just maintain those weapons at your level, so it doesn't take lots of Forge to level them.

Your weapons your buddy has will be a little higher. His ego will most likely be higher after patch if he's 5000. If he's at 5200 after patch, then your gear will be 3900. That should help you out quite a bit.

Blondin
04-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Your weapons your buddy has will be a little higher. His ego will most likely be higher after patch if he's 5000. If he's at 5200 after patch, then your gear will be 3900. That should help you out quite a bit.
Sure, you'll have $ 100 less to spend...

Atticus Batman
04-13-2014, 04:31 AM

Yes it should. I just got to actually do some leveling, maybe finish a pursuit. On the bright side, I do have an oj that I will have to grow into. It's ego 4020 or so. I was playing with a friend a day or 2 ago and As rewards for a dark matter arkfall, He got an oj rocker and I got an oj thunder. He complained that he hates rockers, and I mentioned I am not a big fan of thunders. So we discussed the new game mechanincs and he traded gun for gun with me anyway. He got a thunder that he said had all his fave rolls and I have a rocker to grow into.

Atticus Batman
04-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Sure, you'll have $ 100 less to spend...

Unless you are offering me cahs, then I have NONE to spend anyway. I will not spend money to level this digital junk up. I will use Arkforge as I earn/gain/grind it. Besides any bits I do buy for this game, are courtesy of Microsoft.

BING REWARDS (http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?FORM=MM0WAG&PUBL=Bing-Yahoo&CREA=MM0WAG&ef_id=UtSemwAAAZVvDxa1:20140413113441:s)

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 06:51 AM
75% is better than nothing but here again is a case where the high ego players get the proverbial shaft. The real gap is greater the higher ego you are.

Clarity Page
04-13-2014, 08:05 AM
75% is better than nothing but here again is a case where the high ego players get the proverbial shaft. The real gap is greater the higher ego you are.

i was doing the math last night taking into account the 1000 arkforge we will get and i feel that the 75% should be a bit higher

Holy Bahamut3
04-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Obvious money grab is obvious. Almost everything about this upcoming patch reeks of milking the cash cow. All the while undermining consumer faith, and loyalty.

N3gativeCr33p
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Obvious money grab is obvious. Almost everything about this upcoming patch reeks of milking the cash cow. All the while undermining consumer faith, and loyalty.

Hey, now... those airplane tickets and hotel accommodations for PAX East in Boston aren't just going to suddenly spend themselves.

I, for one, deleted everything Defiance related from my 360's hard drive yesterday... I'm just done with this shtako - it's not worth another minute of my playing time. If I want to be bored in less than an hour, I'll sooner go watch an insect try to cross the street.

Worst management of a game that I've ever seen in well over 20 years of gaming.

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM

And the punchline is, it's a paid dlc!

Holy Bahamut3
04-13-2014, 11:57 AM
And the punchline is, it's a paid dlc!

*sigh* don't remind me. It will be my personal mission to ward anyone curious away from their next so called season pass. What they call DLC, we call more grind for less reward. All the "major" stuff comes free anyway.

drackiller
04-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Hey, now... those airplane tickets and hotel accommodations for PAX East in Boston aren't just going to suddenly spend themselves.

I, for one, deleted everything Defiance related from my 360's hard drive yesterday... I'm just done with this shtako - it's not worth another minute of my playing time. If I want to be bored in less than an hour, I'll sooner go watch an insect try to cross the street.

Worst management of a game that I've ever seen in well over 20 years of gaming.
I`ll just wait to see for my self what will change after the "dlc" and then i`ll probably never play this again.
Time to start using more my PS4 and play the games that i`ve been downloading all these last months on PS Plus. It`s just a few more days.
A real pity because this game was very fun to play...

N3gativeCr33p
04-13-2014, 12:19 PM
I`ll just wait to see for my self what will change after the "dlc" and then i`ll probably never play this again.
Time to start using more my PS4 and play the games that i`ve been downloading all these last months on PS Plus. It`s just a few more days.
A real pity because this game was very fun to play...

Honestly, I've had more fun after hooking up my PS3 and playing GTA Online the past two days than I have had in the last two weeks in Paradise. People can say what they want about Rockstar Games being some uber greedy corporation, but it at least seems like they care about their player base... by not imposing their own odd concepts upon the game.

mr8liner
04-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I really do not see why they will not match 100% up to 5k ego. they would still be able to make their money that they are going after. I think 75% is a joke. What they are pretty much saying is thank you for playing defience for the past year, everything you have earned up to now will be useless come Tuesday, unless you feel like spending $20-40 per gun. For $20-40 I will just go and get another game.

I think everyone should stay away from buying Arkforge with bits. They took the $75 legendary lockbox out of the store, most likely because of all the people complaining about and that it was overpriced and not many people bought it. I would not be surprised if people didn't spend the money on the bits for arkforge that they would drop the price for it.

Like other people said in here, I will not spend one penny for arkforge. I will get it in the game. If that is too slow and hard to get, I'll save my money , get another game and spend my monies there.

I think in the long run that is what Trion wants..... us to leave this game............ you may say that is nonsence, but tell me things that they have done that keep the players base happy??? quick answer.....NOTHING

bellator
04-13-2014, 02:17 PM
when are they going to do the 75% bump. will it be before, during, or after the dlc drops on tuesday?

Xaat Xuun
04-13-2014, 04:07 PM
when are they going to do the 75% bump. will it be before, during, or after the dlc drops on tuesday?
from what I understand, it'll happen the first time you log in after the patch

Chump Norris
04-13-2014, 08:03 PM

When will you confirm? Before Tuesday I hope...

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-13-2014, 09:34 PM
wow. 9 pages of replies, mostly in favor of a 100% ego match, without any kind of response from the devs as to a)why only 75% and b)why not 100%.

Atticus Batman
04-13-2014, 09:40 PM
wow. 9 pages of replies, mostly in favor of a 100% ego match, without any kind of response from the devs as to a)why only 75% and b)why not 100%.

why would they reply? We already know, it is so they make money off those who "NEED" to have all their items at their level immediately. If they admit it even more people will be in here screaming and waving pitchforks. But face it this is a business to them. We see games as fun and enjoyment, they like all other game companies see it as a business.

I agree, they would make more money if they gave us more free will, like matching our ego 100%. As well as lowering all the prices in the store. They however do not see it that way.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-13-2014, 11:04 PM
why would they reply? We already know, it is so they make money off those who "NEED" to have all their items at their level immediately. If they admit it even more people will be in here screaming and waving pitchforks. But face it this is a business to them. We see games as fun and enjoyment, they like all other game companies see it as a business.

I agree, they would make more money if they gave us more free will, like matching our ego 100%. As well as lowering all the prices in the store. They however do not see it that way.

i agree with you totally. if my weapons matched my ego, i would seriously consider buying some arkforge to level them the rest of the way up as my ego increased. however, since most of my weapons will still be 1200 points lower than my current ego, i wont spend anything on them.

ConcreteSnake
04-14-2014, 12:00 AM

i believe this was posted on friday or saturday and trion has the weekends off, no one ever responds on sundays especially. on top of that they were at PAX East this weekend partying with all the money from the gaming "whales" that seem to keep this company afloat.

Ned Kelly
04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
I have two 5000 ego characters, but apparently this is only going to bump one character.....

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 05:31 AM
on top of that they were at PAX East this weekend partying with all the money from the gaming "whales" that seem to keep this company afloat.

Nice to see someone else noticed this... ;)

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Or start another character and store them there...All the weapons I have that I don't want affected by this will be going on to my level 124 toon...

OMG good point! I have low level OJ's on my secondary toon that I hold as a clan "bank" so we can give them free to new members and lower level players...I DO NOT WANT THESE LEVELED UP! Thanks for that Reb - I will have to move them to my noob avatar tonight so they remain [hopefully] unaffected tomorrow. What a PITA.

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Honestly, I've had more fun after hooking up my PS3 and playing GTA Online the past two days than I have had in the last two weeks in Paradise. People can say what they want about Rockstar Games being some uber greedy corporation, but it at least seems like they care about their player base... by not imposing their own odd concepts upon the game.

Agree - Rockstar had plenty of issues, glitches and bobbled their customer service too. Ya know, the unanswered or patronizing help ticket stuff. What they DIDN'T do was force us to spend more money, or reinvent the wheel. In their store the only thing for sale is game cash (shark cards) which translate to in-game cash. Much simpler system as well as not a cash-grab.

Yesterday I did all my patching for GTA V Online as well so tomorrow I will BE READY! Good news, none of my stuff in there got messed up in my 2-month absence - lots of cash, cars and whatever else I might need. Still got my friends in there too...

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Good news, none of my stuff in there got messed up in my 2-month absence - lots of cash, cars and whatever else I might need. Still got my friends in there too...

Yeah, I happened to notice the same thing. I also noticed that there was FREE CONTENT added to the game since my last login near the end of December 2013. What a novelty that was!

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM

Can you please level all of are weapons too 100% what our ego is, even weapons we bought that are higher than our ego. I always try and have my weapons have a 777 number at the end of its ego rating. This change you are going to do with it only being 75% is going to ruin everything I have done... =[

Atticus Batman
04-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Can you please level all of are weapons too 100% what our ego is, even weapons we bought that are higher than our ego. I always try and have my weapons have a 777 number at the end of its ego rating. This change you are going to do with it only being 75% is going to ruin everything I have done... =[

The weapons higher than our ego should stay higher, that way we do have something to grow into.

Punisher Illinois Blue
04-14-2014, 02:54 PM
The weapons higher than our ego should stay higher, that way we do have something to grow into.

Mine has a 9 in the ones number and it must be purged.

Atticus Batman
04-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Mine has a 9 in the ones number and it must be purged.

THat is your problem for being obsessed with the number 7. Find someone who's higher ego than you and who's 75% will end with a 7, or sale/destroy it.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-14-2014, 03:50 PM

WORKING AS INTENDED

the whole plan is to implement a huge change in game once every 6 months or so that renders players inventories useless and devoid of any value. by doing this, players can start from scratch and build whole new inventories leading to a longer and more fulfilling chase.

because grenades

rebtattoo
04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
WORKING AS INTENDED

the whole plan is to implement a huge change in game once every 6 months or so that renders players inventories useless and devoid of any value. by doing this, players can start from scratch and build whole new inventories leading to a longer and more fulfilling chase.

because grenades^^This^^

[10char]

Bonehead
04-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Pretty sure I set some kind of ignore record with that whole "because grenades" meme.

Clarity Page
04-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure I set some kind of ignore record with that whole "because grenades" meme.

What's particularly funny about that one is we came up with various fixes that would make the grenade system workable but they kept refusing to meet us in the middle ground, then months later they are making some changes to the grenade system, pretty much the same changes we requested at the time.

I used to use grenades as a tactical option but ever since the changes I have pretty much ignored them, the grenade button is now mapped to the d-pad down on my 360 controller, I have Spawn car mapped to Y and swap weapons on the right bumper. That's how little I use grenades now.

I'll give grenades another shot but now we have the grind to keep our guns up to scratch to worry about, when did gaming become a job instead of a fun hobby/pass time? because I must of missed that memo

McClane
04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Scapes I'm still waiting on my weapons that say"cannot trade" to scale up to my ego. All equipment with this label on there never moved up in ego. Can we get a fix for this. Also 1000 arkforge for season pass holders is not enough, for what you guys did to our equipment you should of scaled 100% and gave us a fresh start, or at least gave us an amount of arkforge that was equal to our ego. Because you guys screwed you loyal community again, I can honestly say you will not be getting any BIT sales from any of our clan members, THAT IS FOR SURE.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Scapes I'm still waiting on my weapons that say"cannot trade" to scale up to my ego. All equipment with this label on there never moved up in ego. Can we get a fix for this. Also 1000 arkforge for season pass holders is not enough, for what you guys did to our equipment you should of scaled 100% and gave us a fresh start, or at least gave us an amount of arkforge that was equal to our ego. Because you guys screwed you loyal community again, I can honestly say you will not be getting any BIT sales from any of our clan members, THAT IS FOR SURE.

Pretty sure Scapes misspoke about the can not trade weapons. Nobody got them raised up to their current ego level.
Bummer.