PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Supply Crates - Shields?

Market
04-11-2014, 02:17 AM
I guess I hadn't noticed this before now, and I apologize if it's been mentioned already... couldn't find anything about it in a search.

The description of the rep vendor supply crates says that it contains weapons with the vendor synergies. I just purchased two of them (one from Top Notch, one from VBI) and each of them had two weapons with the appropriate synergies, but each also came with a shield.

I realize this is a pretty small thing compared to other issues, but is this intentional? The description of the box is a bit misleading if it's supposed to contain a shield and two weapons, especially since the shields outside of the 7th Legion boxes do not have synergies.

Anyone else having this experience?

duction
04-11-2014, 02:30 AM
I got an ego 5000 ironclad berserker (I think, it's the fire rate one) orange ARK from one, must be intentional mate.

Market
04-11-2014, 02:35 AM
I got an ego 5000 ironclad berserker (I think, it's the fire rate one) orange ARK from one, must be intentional mate.

I figured as much about it working as intended. At least it's nice to know there's a chance at orange from it!

Thanks for the input!

ConcreteSnake
04-11-2014, 06:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about synergys. Something like "contains rare or better versions of top notch items" something like that, I've gotten 2 shields from them, one being a respark regen v ark, so its as intended. Usually the rep vendor will at least have rhino, respark, other shield you can buy from them anyway and you can get legendary versions.

Combo Breaker
04-11-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about synergys. Something like "contains rare or better versions of top notch items" something like that, I've gotten 2 shields from them, one being a respark regen v ark, so its as intended. Usually the rep vendor will at least have rhino, respark, other shield you can buy from them anyway and you can get legendary versions.

I don't complain since Soleptor was nice nice enough to drop A Rhino Ark for me. Snake if you pulled a Respark Regen Ark I hate you. lol.

ConcreteSnake
04-11-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't complain since Soleptor was nice nice enough to drop A Rhino Ark for me. Snake if you pulled a Respark Regen Ark I hate you. lol.

I did but it is and always will be not tradeable, but its like the only thing I got from all my saved up rep, so fair tradeoff I guess

Combo Breaker
04-11-2014, 07:32 AM
I did but it is and always will be not tradeable, but its like the only thing I got from all my saved up rep, so fair tradeoff I guess

It's not the type of item you want to trade anyways. I was curious if our non-tradeable items would become tradeable once we use Arkforge on them.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 01:47 AM
It's not the type of item you want to trade anyways. I was curious if our non-tradeable items would become tradeable once we use Arkforge on them.

Not likely. That would be a retroactive gun fix. Trion doesn't do those when in a player's favor. Remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6jK8t_5TnM

maverick07
04-12-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it is intentional. Hope it is anyway, I pulled maybe 2 or 3 orange shields total before these came out, and thanks to these boxes I've finally been able to acquire some more orange shields.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 02:40 AM
I'm pretty sure it is intentional. Hope it is anyway, I pulled maybe 2 or 3 orange shields total before these came out, and thanks to these boxes I've finally been able to acquire some more orange shields.

It's most likely intentional. All those boxes give shields and have since they were added.

bigguy
04-12-2014, 05:42 AM
Well if it wasnt intentional this thread should take care of that.

drackiller
04-12-2014, 05:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing :)

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 06:48 AM
These rep vendors sell similar type epic shields so it makes sense it would give legendary ones. Boxes give rare or better versions of gear from those vendors.

maverick07
04-12-2014, 12:14 PM

People were saying on the forums that they got shields out of them right when they came out. I would agree but it's been said a few times on here that they drop shields.

I was one of the few people that liked when Arkfalls used to always drop shields. Shields became almost impossible to find for the longest time for me, including purple shields, until these came out.