PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Arktech Revolution Community Q&A - Round Two

Scapes
04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Hello ark hunters,

We've collected another set of questions about Arktech Revolution and Defiance in general, answered by the development team. Rather than tack them on to an already lengthy thread, we decided a fresh one was ideal. We'll continue to harvest questions from the previous thread (and the threads produced by the community before it).

Has the scoring system changed for Arktech Revolution?

There have been two significant changes to the scoring system for Arktech Revolution. First, the maximum value for both teamwork and opportunist that you can earn from a single enemy has been set to the point total for that enemy. Now, each of those maximums is treated independently, so an industrious set of players can get triple points from an enemy by maxing out opportunist, teamwork, and damage. (Plus bonuses for kill type.)

Second, thresholds have been added to reduce the number of keys earned after achieving very high scores. This serves a dual purpose. Very high scores start earning arkforge, but also this prevents a variety of exploits tied to getting near infinitely high scores from certain open-world areas when events pass through them. Additional keys are still earned from higher and higher scores, they are just earned less frequently beyond certain thresholds.

The 1000 arkforge granted by DLC5 is per account and not per character, is this intentional? (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155226-1000-Arkforge-is-per-account-and-not-per-character)

It is definitely intentional. Arkforge is kept in a purposefully limited supply within the game world.

Are towns possible? (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155082-Are-towns-possible)

There are several different forms of towns that have been discussed for Defiance, but many of them are either technically impossible or simply well outside the game conventions. Most of the features which necessitate towns, like crafting, are totally non-existent in Defiance. Additionally, large numbers of players and game objects would force players into their default outfit. This would defeat the purpose of a dedicated social area. Similarly there have been suggestions of a variety of mini-games to be played inside of towns with towns acting as a sort of instanced social arcade. That’s just not happening. It would be a huge time sink that would benefit a very small number of players at the cost of reducing support for everyone else.

Essentially, most the proposed ideas for towns would cause a drastic negative experience for players.
Now, some discussion has been made of open world townships that can be placed and maintained by players and clans. While we’d love to have our players owning something in the game world, it will never happen in open world areas in Defiance. You may have noticed the lack of discernable shards or servers in Defiance. In order to maintain a certain population density, we spin up and down worlds all the time. This would be a very frustrating place to try to maintain a stronghold. That said, instanced areas are not entirely out of the question.

Will Trion Worlds sell Defiance shirts at some point?

We’ve been investigating our options on this front. Traditional publishing runs of shirts and other game paraphernalia can have a large up-front cost. However, we’re looking at other means which would enable smaller initial investment or print-on-demand services. We would also like to have game-branded stuff for sale. Both because, well, we like to sell things. Surprise. But also because we’d probably buy several to give to friends and family. We’re all proud of the work we do.

What is the new EGO cap going to be?

We've actually removed the hard EGO cap. Previously, players could reach a point where they were completing pursuits to no avail: they received no further EGO rating. Now, that upper limit has been removed. Players will still max out their EGO Units, though that limit has been raised by an additional 45 units.

Will these perks be subject to the current limit that only one damage-resistance perk can apply at any time?

Presumably this question refers to the damage-type specific resistance perks. These new perks may stack with ANY damage resistance perk. (Though, you should note, there is no normal damage specific resistance perk.)

Since Infectors are in a way biological weapons (and count as nano-effect kills) and BMGs shoot electricity do these two perks protect against these two auto-hit weapon types?

Immunized: Reduces incoming damage from bio attacks.
Grounded: Reduces incoming damage from electric attacks.

Neither BMGs nor Infectors display a damage type, so these bonuses/resistances will not affect them. When we release typed versions of these weapons, they will be affected as normal.

How will resetting a weapon's mastery bonus work? Will this be done with credits that can be earned in game as well as buying from the store?

Weapon mastery reset costs Arkforge. Arkforge may be acquire with very high scores, by completing Advanced and Expert Coop Maps, and by opening lock boxes.

Will a tenth slot be opened up for an additional perk to be used, upon the release of the new perks?

It will not. We are not unlocking additional perk slots at this time. We want the decision to use these perks to be more tactical. Many of the initial release perks varied greatly in usability. Preparedness is the big standout as being far more effective than all others, but there are several other “mandatory” perks for maximum effectiveness. With the new perks, ark hunters will need to prepare different loadouts for handling different tactical situations.

How much arkforge is needed to raise your weapon in 100 EGO increments?

Based on the rarity of the weapon:
Common: 2
Uncommon: 4
Rare: 8
Epic: 20
Legendary: 50
This means the 1000 arkforge granted to DLC owners will allow you to upgrade a single legendary weapon up 2000 rating.

Right now, you can randomly get weapons that end up being a hundred EGO lower than your EGO when you receive the weapon, will that continue to happen?

It certainly will.

How much arkforge will drop from lock boxes? How much arkforge will be earned from events?

Events Is based on your total score, but it largely falls into the single digits. Additionally, expert four-player coop maps grant ten arkforge in addition to the rewards from score, with advanced and mission replay maps earning less than that. Lock boxes will have a chance of dropping varying levels of arkforge, with 50 being the max payout.

Do low EGO weapons get a boost in PvP?

It is more accurate to say that low EGO players get a boost. Players in PvP are boosted to the EGO rating of the highest player in the match. However large a boost the player receives is also applied to their gear. So a top level player with a bunch of low-level weapons would receive no boost at all. The players are boosted, and the gear inherits that boost.

We have many currencies but we can only trade scrip. Why?

Scrip is our single tradeable currency and has been the only tradeable currency since launch. Other currencies directly impact character progression and are given out at a controlled rate so to allow for a consistent experience. Scrip is the lone currency of trade so that players can trade items of disparate values and use scrip to make up the difference.

Can we make bald guys at some point?

It is odd that males have two different buzz cuts and no bald "hairstyle". We can explore adding it if there's enough demand for it.

We'll continue collecting questions about Arktech Revolution up to and through its launch on April 15. Anticipate weekly threads like these as long as there are sufficient questions to support them!

K Ron Spliffs
04-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Dy'Dekuso gunslinger arena? Fix? When?

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 10:11 AM
We have many currencies but we can only trade scrip. Why?

" Scrip is our single tradeable currency and has been the only tradeable currency since launch. Other currencies directly impact character progression and are given out at a controlled rate so to allow for a consistent experience. Scrip is the lone currency of trade so that players can trade items of disparate values and use scrip to make up the difference"

this is not even an answer, you're just beating around the bush. I'd like one example of how any of the other currencies directly impact character progression. Especially arksalvage which has basically zero use for a character over ego 4000.

Holy Bahamut3
04-12-2014, 10:12 AM
A lot of bad news in this one, hope the next one is more cheerful.

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Will weapons dropped still possibly be 100 ego lower?

of course they will, how else will they get you to buy bits if they don't give you a weapon that is useless the instant you get it....whats that? You don't have any arkforge? Guess you have to wait to earn it before you upgrade at which point you will find something better and continue to be disappointed by our increasingly ****ty game

R69L
04-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Question 1: How will this update affect PvP? Will it make it even more unbalanced for new players vs the experienced/vetren players?

Question 2: I know you guys are planning a land expansion but will it be a real new map or just one of the greyed out island off the shore or can we expect a full on new experience [maybe tied in with the S2 of the show] when ever this releases?

Holy Bahamut3
04-12-2014, 10:33 AM
At least you guys seemingly fixed the Seige freezing up issue, which was obviously caused by the score cap you implemented. So bad, but could be worse.

drackiller
04-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Carry on , i`m so drunk that i don`t even understand this...what ever...shtacko!?

9 down, 6 more to go...beers of course.

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Carry on , i`m so drunk that i don`t even understand this...what ever...shtacko!?

9 down, 6 more to go...beers of course.

I imagine the average day of the developers is like this. Drink beer, don't understand, create shtako, sell bits, make money, pass out.

drackiller
04-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I imagine the average day of the developers is like this. Drink beer, don't understand, create shtako, sell bits, make money, pass out.
Man, at least i`m enjoying it, lol

Tsort
04-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time to do this, Trion. A weekly QA? That's great news.

Additionally, expert four-player coop maps grant ten arkforge in addition to the rewards from score, with advanced and mission replay maps earning less than that.
Do we agree this means all of them, even without a contract tied in?

PS : I am all for bald heads. And bushy beards, too!

ConcreteSnake
04-12-2014, 11:03 AM

the contracts grant corilium cores which was originally stated to be awarded for co op maps, they just forgot to say that it was contracts that gave them to you that are based around the co ops

drackiller
04-12-2014, 11:07 AM

I can put a pic of my self for archetype...

Nefarious
04-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Since Infectors are in a way biological weapons (and count as nano-effect kills) and BMGs shoot electricity do these two perks protect against these two auto-hit weapon types?

Immunized: Reduces incoming damage from bio attacks.
Grounded: Reduces incoming damage from electric attacks.

Neither BMGs nor Infectors display a damage type, so these bonuses/resistances will not affect them. When we release typed versions of these weapons, they will be affected as normal.

Fracking Infectors and BMGs. To hell with these... things! :mad:

Tsort
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
the contracts grant corilium cores which was originally stated to be awarded for co op maps, they just forgot to say that it was contracts that gave them to you that are based around the co ops
Which is exactly why I'm asking this for ArkForges too. But maybe players already checked that on PTS?

drackiller
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Fracking Infectors and BMGs. To hell with these... things! :mad:

Why!? They are part o the game play and something that makes the game interesting.
Don`t like Infectors and BMG`s !?
I don`t like lots of things in the game, but those things are what makes the game intersting.

If i want to play a boring game i would/will go back to COD.
Nef, sometimes you hit the mouche, sometimes not.

Nefarious
04-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Nef, sometimes you hit the mouche, sometimes not.

Yeah, sometimes.

Yrkul
04-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Yes! We need big, manly, tactical beards!
http://nclinksandthinks.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/beards9.jpg?w=461&h=402
http://020mag.com/files/images/2014/03/tacbeard-600-27012600.jpg95318.jpg
http://020mag.com/files/images/2014/03/ed4901948a9cf58cb9dbac3fd0a74b-16588.jpg87523.jpg

drackiller
04-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah, sometimes.

No one`s perfect :)

bigguy
04-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you drackiller , i had a similar discussion with nefarious in a different thread where i said the same things. I left COD and came to this game because it was different and the weapons were different. If you get rid of those things you have the same old cookie cutter game where i feel compelled to use the same guns all the time.

bigguy
04-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Can we get verification of how many contracts there will be to earn cores and how many cores we can earn per week. I understand you dont want us to be able to buy all the new weps from the new vendors overnight but one wep and the mods for it over the course of two months is going to drive people away.

bigguy
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
I just read in the patch note changes that the boosts changed to 3 hours of real time in game , is that for the same amount of bits as the 24hour boost used to be ?

Critical Errors
04-12-2014, 12:42 PM
1000 Arkforge per account is confirmed. Can we have it split up to 4 claimable items of 250AF? Then we can decide which of our 4 potential characters we claim it on? Or will AF be linked the same way as bits are? Meaning if I buy bits, I can use them on every character. Can AF be the same?

Nefarious
04-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Do Legendary mods change the look of guns in a unique way?

Arsenic_Touch
04-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Gotta love that it took this long to confirm that there won't be any social hub. Way to go Trion.

Their excuses are hilarious though. Benefit a small amount of players.... haha.

Critical Errors
04-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Gotta love that it took this longer to confirm that there won't be any social hub. Way to go Trion.

Their excuses are hilarious though. Benefit a small amount of players.... haha.

I don't get all this hype about a social hub. What would it be good for? Just a meet up place? We already do that at IDR. And we have zone chat to interact as well. It would be nice to have an in-game action house, but that should be virtual like in Forza. I don't see the need to stand around all day in one spot when I could be doing events.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I don't get all this hype about a social hub. What would it be good for? Just a meet up place? We already do that at IDR. And we have zone chat to interact as well. It would be nice to have an in-game action house, but that should be virtual like in Forza. I don't see the need to stand around all day in one spot when I could be doing events.

Do I want to even ask what kind of action that you are planning on doing at this action house?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yocpvl4pno

Critical Errors
04-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Do I want to even ask what kind of action that you are planning on doing at this action house?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yocpvl4pno

Well.... Now we're gonna need a separate auction house for the action house too....

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Well.... Now we're gonna need a separate auction house for the action house too....

Yes I suppose we will.

TANKballs
04-12-2014, 04:51 PM
"Right now, you can randomly get weapons that end up being a hundred EGO lower than your EGO when you receive the weapon, will that continue to happen?"

"It certainly will."

Can you please explain why this will certainly continue? I really am having a hard time coming up with some rationale for how this enhances gameplay or, alternatively, how it fits with the general direction dev's would like the game to go.

maverick07
04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
"Right now, you can randomly get weapons that end up being a hundred EGO lower than your EGO when you receive the weapon, will that continue to happen?"

"It certainly will."

Can you please explain why this will certainly continue? I really am having a hard time coming up with some rationale for how this enhances gameplay or, alternatively, how it fits with the general direction dev's would like the game to go.

Yeah I didn't like this blunt answer. Only thing I can think of as to way is it's either something in the RNG they can't fix or they just want it to be this way.

Like in Borderlands 2 you can get weapons a level or two lower than your level if you're at the level cap. We're lucky that the scaling won't be as insane as BL2 and we can increase a weapons level.

JEMINAI
04-12-2014, 05:12 PM
i want a Need-Want to rest at night.

gotta be better than grabbing ankles for trion

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 05:39 PM

"It certainly will."

Are you dense,naive or just VERYoptimistic that people are wrong about a business doing something to make more money? It's for a couple reasons.

1: The original team coded it that way before the game even went to alpha.
2: With the new Arkforge there is a chance people will spend bits to buy a bunch of Arkforge to keep leveling everything.
3: 100 ego below you doesn't take much Arkforge. At most that would be 50 to level an orange, and it is possible to get 50 at one time from a lockbox.
4: There will always be people below you, that will need new weapons. I have clanmates with guns that will of course stay about 1k ego behind them when the new patch is released, and they know I have lots of decent blues and purps from ego 3100 - my current ego of 3957 in my claims. So they have already asked if they can buy those as they get to those egos, so they don't have to hunt down their guns again, as much.

Ok that was more than a couple reason, but they are what we have. So you can still sell lower ego guns. Granted people on Xbox won't be able to scam as much out of people for the guns/shields anymore, but they will still sell their guns and shields.

You may not like it, but face it those are more blunt reasons than they will ever give us.

Bonehead
04-12-2014, 07:53 PM

I wonder if they are accepting applications?

Deunan
04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Can you please explain why this will certainly continue? I really am having a hard time coming up with some rationale for how this enhances gameplay or, alternatively, how it fits with the general direction dev's would like the game to go.The direction Trion wants the game to go is one in which it can get as much money out of select players that are willing to pay their otherwise grotesquely inflated prices for bit store items. Trion doesn't care if it alienates the overwhelming majority of the players by doing this. This is staying in place to get more revenue from the players (I guarantee they exist) that will buy Arkforge from the bit store.

When Scapes explained their thought process in pricing Legendary kits it became very clear to anyone that understood what he posted that as long as Trion can milk a minority of players of their money with Legendary kits, Arkforge bundles, and the rest of the otherwise overpriced digital merchandise to reach certain revenue goals, they could care less whether the changes in the game that they make to create that market piss off most of the players.

In their business model we're nothing more than props in the game to fill the world and make it feel populous for those players that are willing to buy their bit store items. This will not stop. Any content that the company produces in the future will always introduce another angle to get their targeted market to spend more at the bit store and it will do so by undermining the value of that content, and more likely than not, already existing content, to anyone that doesn't. Take it or leave it. Trion doesn't care.

TANKballs
04-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Are you dense,naive or just VERYoptimistic that people are wrong about a business doing something to make more money? It's for a couple reasons.

1: The original team coded it that way before the game even went to alpha.
2: With the new Arkforge there is a chance people will spend bits to buy a bunch of Arkforge to keep leveling everything.
3: 100 ego below you doesn't take much Arkforge. At most that would be 50 to level an orange, and it is possible to get 50 at one time from a lockbox.
4: There will always be people below you, that will need new weapons. I have clanmates with guns that will of course stay about 1k ego behind them when the new patch is released, and they know I have lots of decent blues and purps from ego 3100 - my current ego of 3957 in my claims. So they have already asked if they can buy those as they get to those egos, so they don't have to hunt down their guns again, as much.

Ok that was more than a couple reason, but they are what we have. So you can still sell lower ego guns. Granted people on Xbox won't be able to scam as much out of people for the guns/shields anymore, but they will still sell their guns and shields.

You may not like it, but face it those are more blunt reasons than they will ever give us.

I am neither dense, nor naive, nor "VERYoptimistic." Frankly, I inferred that there was an issue with coding and considered the possibility that it may have been designed to be an arkforge sink. Neither my inferences, nor your "blunt reasons" satisfactorily answer my question, and that is why I asked here. I'm not interested in player speculation on this issue because it confirms/rebuts nothing concerning Trion's position.

Overtkill21
04-12-2014, 10:22 PM
So have you all even kind of thought about how the ridiculously ill thought out "scaling" is going to impact your brand new scoring system?

Not a whole lotta talk on that.

Chump Norris
04-12-2014, 10:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JK1dxbv.png

You will be missed.

Bonehead
04-12-2014, 10:50 PM
So have you all even kind of thought about how the ridiculously ill thought out "scaling" is going to impact your brand new scoring system?

Not a whole lotta talk on that.

They have already tweaked it to reward far fewer keys and have capped the teamwork and opportunist per mob to provide the longer more frustrating grind!

Emzx99
04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Keep the achievements reasonable. NOTHING to do with the new ego cap. I want to stop playing this turd, don't punish the poor bastards with OCD.

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Please give us a direct answer: DID YOU GET THE DLC 5 SUBMITTED TO SONY ON TIME THIS TIME? Or will those of us that didn't buy the season pass and are goofy enough to want to buy the DLC by itself going to have a two-week freeze out again? And it you did miss the Sony deadline, WHY OH WHY does this have to happen? People learn from their mistakes. Please tell me you did too.

Deunan
04-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Please give us a direct answer.They already did. Read the article (last sentence of the first paragraph).

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 12:09 PM
I read that you guys will get it on time this time.
It was on these forums I think from Scapes but I'm not sure now who said it.

N3gativeCr33p
04-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Please give us a direct answer: DID YOU GET THE DLC 5 SUBMITTED TO SONY ON TIME THIS TIME? Or will those of us that didn't buy the season pass and are goofy enough to want to buy the DLC by itself going to have a two-week freeze out again? And it you did miss the Sony deadline, WHY OH WHY does this have to happen? People learn from their mistakes. Please tell me you did too.

From the company:

"The Arktech Revolution is almost upon us! First announced late last March, Defiance’s fifth DLC pack will be available on PC and Xbox 360 on Tuesday, April 15. PlayStation 3 Season Pass holders will have access to Arktech Revolution on April 15 as well. The standalone DLC download will be available on the PlayStation 3 North American store on Tuesday, April 29 and the PlayStation 3 European store on Wednesday, April 30."

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:51 PM
"The Arktech Revolution is almost upon us! First announced late last March, Defiance’s fifth DLC pack will be available on PC and Xbox 360 on Tuesday, April 15. PlayStation 3 Season Pass holders will have access to Arktech Revolution on April 15 as well. The standalone DLC download will be available on the PlayStation 3 North American store on Tuesday, April 29 and the PlayStation 3 European store on Wednesday, April 30."

Oh well BARF that's about what I expected. Oh well.

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:54 PM
SOOO I guess April 15th marks the first day of my 2-week hiatus from Defiance. Those stupid idiots.
A girl cries "r@pe" and some say she deserved it...

OOOOO I might get another infraction for this! yay! CU all in 2 weeks!

Duncan Shadowfall
04-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Question concerning Weapon Raised to 75% of ego
I am a ego 5k with 107 of 108 pursuits completed and all the DLC pursuits done. All of my weapons are at 20 except rockets which are at 16.

So I am assuming that my ego will jump up a little bit upon the new DlC. Now will my weapons jump to within 75% of my current 5k ego OR will it be 75% of the new "ego"?

N3gativeCr33p
04-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Question concerning PAX East 2014: were your phasers set to kill or stun in this picture?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlH8lOPIYAIXPLK.jpg

Tekrunner
04-13-2014, 10:52 PM
So I am assuming that my ego will jump up a little bit upon the new DlC. Now will my weapons jump to within 75% of my current 5k ego OR will it be 75% of the new "ego"?

It was 75% of my new EGO when they applied this to the PTS. My low EGO guns went up to 3900 something, instead of just 3750.

Yes, every expert coop you complete rewards at least 10 Arkforge.

Can we get verification of how many contracts there will be to earn cores and how many cores we can earn per week. I understand you dont want us to be able to buy all the new weps from the new vendors overnight but one wep and the mods for it over the course of two months is going to drive people away.

1 core per day from Chimera dailies (only if you own the DLC) + 3 per week from Paradise weekly (for everyone).

Quebra Regra
04-14-2014, 09:37 AM
SCAPES, KIWI!!!!!!!!!

"Will Trion Worlds sell Defiance shirts at some point?

Weve been investigating our options on this front. Traditional publishing runs of shirts and other game paraphernalia can have a large up-front cost. However, were looking at other means which would enable smaller initial investment or print-on-demand services. We would also like to have game-branded stuff for sale. Both because, well, we like to sell things. Surprise. But also because wed probably buy several to give to friends and family. Were all proud of the work we do."

Consider gentle sentients, if you implement a pre-order system wherein you do not begin production until you have confirmed "x" number of orders BEFORE production you have a no loss proposition! If pre- orders do not meet your production/cost goals then you simply do not produce. If pre-orders exceed expectation, you can opt to either scale up production, or add a second production run at a later time.

Many triple A titles in recent years have used this model successfully (read Mass Effect, etc.). Besides, this is advert and promotion budget money that you stand to profit from.

Consider holding a vote for designs... In the interim, just get these rolling:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/114649i4F71AC2C7E932EBF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Thanks for addressing this, and please respond with an update regarding the feasibility of implementing via a pre-order system. Dibs on the first XL.

CRIXDA
04-14-2014, 10:41 AM
T-shirts and "collectable coffee mugs" and pepper grinders and now Scapes and the lovely Kiwi are on the bridge of The Enterprise at warp factor 5.
You can tell everybody I'm a darn disgrace, You can drag my name all over the place. I don't care anymore-whoa.
I want have a special Trion litter-box scooper, because the way I feel right now the contents of said scooper reflects my opinion of said "Company's" standards and practices.
I only need enough Arkforge to boost up my sheild, my Wildcat and Dark Fury.
The rest can wait.

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Consider holding a vote for designs... In the interim, just get these rolling:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/114649i4F71AC2C7E932EBF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Thanks for addressing this, and please respond with an update regarding the feasibility of implementing via a pre-order system. Dibs on the first XL.

I'd also like an XL "2042" t-shirt.

And if they won't sell them, I found a place that just might get one printed for me.

Quebra Regra
04-14-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd also like an XL "2042" t-shirt.

And if they won't sell them, I found a place that just might get one printed for me.

If anybody can get me a blown up image of the 2042 design I will knock it out in a freezer stencil prototype this week.

Anybody help me out with a larger jpeg?

I know this is not really a priority when soo much is wrong with the game, but it is something doable outside of the game development if management would wake up and smell the scrip. Hell, if they could make enuff cash maybe they could hire Crixda as a creative consultant. :P

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Anybody help me out with a larger jpeg?

I'm at home sick right now, so let me see what I can cook up in Photoshop.

Quebra Regra
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
muito obrigado camara! :)

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 01:32 PM
muito obrigado camara! :)

Sorry, but I'm not having much success enlarging the design on the "2042" t-shirt... it's being a major pain in the arse trying to get it to look just right.

Perhaps one of the company overlords has a larger picture of it... I dunno... my apologies.

P.S. - Keep me in mind for one of those shirts (XL), should you happen to get a freezer stencil working for it. Please and thank you.

Quebra Regra
04-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Sorry, but I'm not having much success enlarging the design on the "2042" t-shirt... it's being a major pain in the arse trying to get it to look just right.

Perhaps one of the company overlords has a larger picture of it... I dunno... my apologies.

P.S. - Keep me in mind for one of those shirts (XL), should you happen to get a freezer stencil working for it. Please and thank you.

I'd like to give TRION my money for some shirts, however this is one instance where they seem reluctant to take the money I actually want to give them. Wacky huh?

I challenge to community to go make their own DEFIANCE tshirts while TRION management twiddles it's thumbs over a "no-brainer" cash cow:
http://benandbirdy.blogspot.com/2014/02/loving-heart-t-shirt-freezer-paper.html

Designs?

Here's a starter image:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2v9oute.png

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 02:00 PM
I'd like to give TRION my money for some shirts, however this is one instance where they seem reluctant to take the money I actually want to give them. Wacky huh?

Perhaps it's because they would have to put some money up front, just to get the project rolling... I dunno.

Quebra Regra
04-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Perhaps it's because they would have to put some money up front, just to get the project rolling... I dunno.

NOOOOOOOO!!! That's the fail part of their argument... By using a pre-order system, they get the money/commitment upfront BEFORE production.

Were I TRION, I'd avoid CAFEPRESS, ZAZZLE, type operations. I'd also humbly request 100% cotton tshirts, preferably GUILDAN, and none of that AMERICAN APPAREL trash.

We now return you to a QA discussion about something other than merchandise....

Bonehead
04-14-2014, 09:22 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!! That's the fail part of their argument...

That's the part they have down pat.

drackiller
04-15-2014, 12:25 AM
muito obrigado camarada! :)
I fixed that for you m8 :)

DrThrax2013
04-15-2014, 05:22 AM
if i have season pass for PC i can play this dlc ???

Quebra Regra
04-15-2014, 05:32 AM
I fixed that for you m8 :)

I'm no expert, but there are subtle differences in Portuguese spoken in Brasil... in Bahia fer instance. Think of it like Castillian Spanish v.s. Spanish spoken in Central America. You say coche, I say carro... tomato tomato, potato, potato.

eu so Angoleiro, eu so cabecero! :)

Mutio obrigado none the less tho.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 05:34 AM
if i have season pass for PC i can play this dlc ???
Yes. On PC.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm no expert, but there are subtle differences in Portuguese spoken in Brasil... in Bahia fer instance. Think of it like Castillian Spanish v.s. Spanish spoken in Central America. You say coche, I say carro... tomato tomato, potato, potato.

Si........

bigguy
04-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Will the 1000 arkforge be in the claims items section?...How do we choose which toon we will collect the arkforge on?

drackiller
04-15-2014, 06:39 AM

No prob m8 ;) Sometime i make mistakes when writing english and only after a while i see that i wrote something wrong.
But about my particular language, i`m an expert :)
Mind if i ask you, (i already did a few times) are you brasilian or portuguese ? Just curious.

drackiller
04-15-2014, 06:40 AM
si........

... Lol ...

Tekrunner
04-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Will the 1000 arkforge be in the claims items section?...How do we choose which toon we will collect the arkforge on?

Yes, it'll be in claims. Just claim it with the character you want to give it to.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Yes, it'll be in claims. Just claim it with the character you want to give it to.
I don't remember the name to be very explicit though. It's not as obvious as "1000 arkforge" so watch out before claiming stuff.

Fuzzle
04-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't remember the name to be very explicit though. It's not as obvious as "1000 arkforge" so watch out before claiming stuff.

It is however orange, which makes it stand out. I doubt many people have lists of oranges in their claims. They might though.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
It is however orange, which makes it stand out. I doubt many people have lists of oranges in their claims. They might though.
Buying a season pass to get DLC5, or still havng a bunch of stuff there. "Claim all". I can see that happening.

Quebra Regra
04-15-2014, 09:46 AM
No prob m8 ;) Sometime i make mistakes when writing english and only after a while i see that i wrote something wrong.
But about my particular language, i`m an expert :)
Mind if i ask you, (i already did a few times) are you brasilian or portuguese ? Just curious.

yer English is incredibly good... far better than my Portuguese. I'm neither, I'm a yank, but a traveler/student of the world. My familiarity with Portuguese is of the Brasil flavour.

I too am curious about how arkforge will be redeemed.

Shadow Andreas
04-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Why are there no achievements on Xbox for this DLC???

drackiller
04-15-2014, 10:47 AM
yer English is incredibly good... far better than my Portuguese. I'm neither, I'm a yank, but a traveler/student of the world. My familiarity with Portuguese is of the Brasil flavour.

I too am curious about how arkforge will be redeemed.
We all are...Im downloading the patch as we speak.

drackiller
04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Why are there no achievements on Xbox for this DLC???

They were there for PS3 yesterday, at least it was when i first saw them:

The Lion`s Claw
The Unbreakable Horn
The Snake`s Bite

rebtattoo
04-15-2014, 10:55 AM
It has been mentioned several times, and in several threads. Has The Company devised a system that won't punish newb players when i happen to be in the same area but not participating in their activity? I'm sure there are going to be a lot of very pissed off ppl seeing me around causing their enemies to be impossible, or nearly so, for them to kill...

Shadow Andreas
04-15-2014, 10:58 AM
They were there for PS3 yesterday, at least it was when i first saw them:

The Lion`s Claw
The Unbreakable Horn
The Snake`s Bite

Thanks drac....I just checked again and not on Xbox yet.

Deunan
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
It has been mentioned several times, and in several threads. Has The Company devised a system that won't punish newb players when i happen to be in the same area but not participating in their activity? I'm sure there are going to be a lot of very pissed off ppl seeing me around causing their enemies to be impossible, or nearly so, for them to kill...The random mutant patrols in the Mt. Tam region should no longer scale. The toughtest thing new players will find for them is a first tier scaled mutant shotgunner. Conflict sites no longer scale so the missions should not be an issue either. The two most significant scaling issues that remain IMO are that the game tutorial does nothing to explain scaling to new players and that scaling remains the same for events that many players are likely to pass by with no intention to engage such as emergencies and minor arkfalls.

rebtattoo
04-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks Deunan. Was hoping ppl wouldn't be punished because I still like to explore areas.

drackiller
04-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks Deunan. Was hoping ppl wouldn't be punished because I still like to explore areas.

We all have to explore the map, we are not guilty of what happens next.

Mr_Anderson
04-15-2014, 01:44 PM
GUYS the update is over now and its OP i cant kill one thing and a full set of 10 people took 2 mins to kill a simple grander mutant... this needs fixed SOON or the users will just stop playing

Deunan
04-15-2014, 01:56 PM
GUYS the update is over now and its OP i cant kill one thing and a full set of 10 people took 2 mins to kill a simple grander mutant... this needs fixed SOON or the users will just stop playingWhat kind of weapons were you using? It is absolutely essential for higher tier mobs that you start off with a bio weapon to strip away their armor plates, otherwise you will be pounding away at them forever as some of them have 7 armor plates giving them 70% damage resistance.

What was the EGO rating of your weapon? It is also essential that it be as close to your EGO rating as possible. Gun damage scales based on EGO rating so if it is a lot lower than your EGO rating you may as well be hammering away at mobs with a plastic fork.

The best weapons to use in combination against mutants for damage is a bio weapon followed by an incendiary weapon. Every other weapon other than non-nano weapons also has a damage reduction modification against damage to health. For electrical damage the modification is severe.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2014, 02:09 PM
trying to download dlc got booted from server 3 times already

Pathiean
04-15-2014, 02:46 PM
It really should not take me nearly 3 full clips to kill a skitterling from a LMG. There were 4 or 5 of us doing one of the farm Daily's and it took forever to clear it. Seemed like the hellbugs just would not go down for anything..when the large ones came holy crap. Im all for having challenge in the game but this really needs to be looked at and rebalanced. Not gonna rage quit like a lot of people, and no im not one of the people who have been playing a long time. Ive only been here for about a month now and I will say you are going to drive newer players (the ones who keep games alive) away from the game due to not being able to survive due to these "adjusted" levels.

Holy Bahamut3
04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
GUYS the update is over now and its OP i cant kill one thing and a full set of 10 people took 2 mins to kill a simple grander mutant... this needs fixed SOON or the users will just stop playing

We tried to warn them... (We as in alpha testers)

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Getting booted from patcher 6 times already

rebtattoo
04-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Looks like the higher levels won't be griefing after all. The Company is doing well enough on its own. Bravo!

dramaQkarri
04-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Looks like the higher levels won't be griefing after all. The Company is doing well enough on its own. Bravo!

Anyone hear that? Sounded like a MASSIVE backfire off in the distance. Somewhere around San Francisco, I think.

Holy Bahamut3
04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
It really should not take me nearly 3 full clips to kill a skitterling from a LMG. There were 4 or 5 of us doing one of the farm Daily's and it took forever to clear it. Seemed like the hellbugs just would not go down for anything..when the large ones came holy crap. Im all for having challenge in the game but this really needs to be looked at and rebalanced. Not gonna rage quit like a lot of people, and no im not one of the people who have been playing a long time. Ive only been here for about a month now and I will say you are going to drive newer players (the ones who keep games alive) away from the game due to not being able to survive due to these "adjusted" levels.

Oh look those pesky scaling issues are back... What a surprise... *sarcasm*

N3gativeCr33p
04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
So... about those phasers... :D

Critical Errors
04-15-2014, 04:03 PM
So, I just spent an hour doing a co-op on expert level.... 49 deaths later, I find out that I don't even get 1 core?! Why so stingy with that? I understand the contracts will grant us some cores, but not even 1 from a non-contract Expert co-op?

Also of note, the Mutant Machete is severely overpowered. There shouldn't be an enemy that can one-hit-kill everyone in the co-op. Please adjust that a little bit. Other than that, the hard mode is decent. Needs,some slight tweaking, but was a fun challenge.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Also of note, the Mutant Machete is severely overpowered.
Hunchback cleavers are immune to headshots when they have their back turned to you because... you don't see their heads... Just realized that today, it made me lol and I wanted to share it. :)

Other than that I agree the rewards are now completely unbalanced. I stumbled into a big TL10 Apex Hellbug Party in the open-world, a random mission with apex archers and apex warriors all over the place. There was a guy there, I stopped to help him. We were getting pounded, I asked clan members for help (and for the lulz). We were maybe 5 or 6 in the end and managed to clear the place. 10mn+ fight, a lot of running, dodging and trying to revive teammates. Quite a challenge.

Reward : 100 scrips. \o/

SkinSkull
04-15-2014, 08:04 PM

Moderate troll forum posts, try to please cynical perpetually listless players, battle the bugs resulting from prior attempts to please thankless players and then sob quietly into pillow until the inky black blanket of sleep presses a pause button on an existence of turmoil.
Sometimes there are donunts in the break room.

drackiller
04-16-2014, 12:16 AM
After a while last night, I GAVE UP.
I did one siege at Ken Farm in it`s last stages, didn`t go past 10 if i remember correctly but i did a good score and i was able to kill very nicely without suffering injury.
After that i did a Scraper Arkfall, only got there at the end and i was first...i thought, OK, not that bad i guess.
Finally i went to the final stages of a siege in North Point and , OH MY , oh my...i did use the combo Bio/fire but, OMG they are hard, hard and it`s almost impossible to kill what you can`t see but worst yet they can kill us. We can`t hit them but they can hit us. After so many times of almost instant deaths i GAVE UP and went to sleep.
No, i wont spend many to upgrade weapons in a completely umbalanced game and still full of lag, glitchs, etc...

I forgot to mention that i did a Monolith, or should i say that he did us all. The event was over and is health bar was at the middle.

GOOD JOB.

ConcreteSnake
04-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Moderate troll forum posts, try to please cynical perpetually listless players, battle the bugs resulting from prior attempts to please thankless players and then sob quietly into pillow until the inky black blanket of sleep presses a pause button on an existence of turmoil.
Sometimes there are donunts in the break room.

I have no idea what that means

Deunan
04-16-2014, 12:30 AM
I have no idea what that meansIt means the poster is completely clueless. Developers don't moderate the forums. The bugs the developers are often dealing with are ones they created implementing changes that players never asked for.

WhiteF8ng
04-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Q: The hidden vendor AR digital snow camo skin made it into a vendor as a legendary as was promised but why not the others? Come on now, give us something we can smile about...

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Q: Come on now, give us something we can smile about...

Sorry, that's against company policy.

thingsmith
04-17-2014, 06:22 AM
I can understand your desire to limit the amount of arkforge ( I am student of ecomonics).

However, if you have a multi-character account, the game does not provide any way to move a portion of the arkforge to each of the characters in the account.

If you don't want to support the multi-characters why don't you just stop mutiple characters.

razor1
04-17-2014, 08:58 AM
c et de la merde leur dlc les cartes coop sont infesable bande de gros con de trion

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
c et de la merde leur dlc les cartes coop sont infesable bande de gros con de trion

Right on!!