PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading weapons

Tsort
04-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Since RNG is erratic and the right rolls are hard to get...

Since ArkForges will be the new hot shop items this summer...

Since we'll all need to up our game for scaling content...

Here's a suggestion: could it be possible to upgrade a weapon's rarity? Just set-up a crazy arkforge cost for each rarity upgrade (and you know about crazy costs well enough). That way, players will keep their blues/purples with already nice rolls and synergies and spend Arkforge to upgrade them and hopefully get another good roll for a near-perfect weapon. Then, once they got it, they'll again spend ArkForge to improve the EGO rating as they level up.

This could make a lot of players happy.

This would make lower EGO weapons more appealing for high EGO players and would boost trading.

This could greatly improve ArkForge sales in the bit store.

DO IT TRION! :D

(inb4 "shut up and take my money" memes)

Nefarious
04-12-2014, 11:16 AM
When the new weapon system was hinted at I thought this would be a feature included. Along with the possibility of naming our guns.

Nightaven Arcana Vis
04-12-2014, 01:53 PM
I would really like to see options (in-game and bit store) for this type of feature. I have blue and purple weapons with nice rolls and would prefer to upgrade their rarity as well. I also thought this was coming DLC 5.

Name your price, Trion.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-12-2014, 02:12 PM
upgraging would do no good. even if you could upgrade the rarity, you would still be missing a bunch of rolls on the weapon. a blue with 3 rolls and mastery would become an orange with 3 rolls and mastery, which would have no value to anyone but yourself, and i cannot see very many people paying outrageous amounts of anything just to change the color of the name on a gun.

before you try to argue that they could add rolls with the upgrade, you should take the time to read all the posts on the forum about pre patch weapons getting a blue roll, or -1000 weapons getting a white roll when they are leveled over 1000. its never going to happen.

Atticus Batman
04-12-2014, 03:34 PM
When the new weapon system was hinted at I thought this would be a feature included. Along with the possibility of naming our guns.

And then you would be in here, screaming for a nerf of somekind to counter it!

Quebra Regra
04-12-2014, 04:49 PM
If you were here from DAY 1, then TRION already "got yer money", and has continued to get it.

Are you seriously advocating giving them more to counter a punitive patch?

Just say NO.

TANKballs
04-12-2014, 05:01 PM
While this is a great idea (especially if you got added rolls upon upgrade), Trion will never do it. I'm pretty sure "crafting" has no place in their scheme of development and this would be a dangerous change for them. Satisfied players don't continue to "chase" or make knee-jerk purchases...