PDA

View Full Version : maybe its just me...

oasis387
04-12-2014, 02:56 PM
but after watching a few videos of new dlc, Im thinking its gonna suck somethin fierce.. I mean are they going to up the loot with the amount of time were going to have to put in just to kill something now? I think I know the answer to that question but all Im saying is if it takes me 10 minutes to kill a monarch and he drops a green auto lobber, I will then hit eject and turn my defiance disk into a frisbee... Every bit of fun that is left will be taken away from this game that had so much potential when it came out. Am I looking at this wrong? I would love for someone to tell me everythings gonna be alright and we'll all live happily ever after..

Smiit
04-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Yup you nailed the description of this dlc lol.

oasis387
04-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Yup you nailed the description of this dlc lol.

i hope not. Its sad, to have put in so much time/money/energy into a game and really love it all to have someone just throw it away and theres nothing you can do about it... Stop trying to be Yoko Ono Trick...

sericks
04-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Everythings going to be alright and where all going to live happily ever after. There I said it but for real I'm with you on this. This game didn't need to be turned into borderlands it needed more content and rewards for all the grinding we do that's it simple. To much to ask for huh?

Overwatch
04-12-2014, 05:08 PM
It is simple, very simple. The answer is in front of your face and you can not see it.
No matter what you attempt to accomplish be it incursion, pursuit, Minor/Major Ark Fall, Arena, going down the rabbit hole.
This is not Alice's Restaurant where you can get anything that you want ( except an Alice ).
All drops are random based on a dice roll with no percentages or boost thrown in.

1 weapon has what ? something like 9 different synergies/ 5 different colors
There is a base of 45 combinations for 1 weapons....do you see where I am going with this....
basically you are looking at only getting 1 out of something like 2000 possibilities.....its is RNG at its best,
FIGURES ARE NO WHERE NEAR ACCURATE. LET SOME NUMBER CRUNCHER FIGURE IT OUT.

3rdpig
04-12-2014, 05:13 PM
IMO the base game, what we saw on launch day, is a better game than what we'll have after 5 so called "DLCs". All they had to do was fix the damn thing, then slowly add more real content and some balancing. Had they done that, at this point in time they would have had a well oiled machine and happy players chafing for the season two content. As it is, I can't play for more than an hour now without getting bored and switching games. I have a feeling DLC 5 isn't going to change that.

Coyote Clive
04-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Is DLC 5 the last of the promised DLC? If it is this would be the one they make so bad that we all leave so they can finally pull the plug on it....... According to the less optimistic among us.

Like I said on another thread. We haven't had anything new since I believe it was DLC 2 when the Volge were introduced. Most of everything else has been the recombining of stats of common stuff to make new common stuff. It feels like they just slowly filtered in the left over skins and stuff they had lying around after DLC 2.

So I am hoping that season two brings new players, renewed interest, and maybe some older players back. So that maybe just maybe the game becomes important enough to Trion that they actually get some real content for next season.

Deunan
04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
...I mean are they going to up the loot with the amount of time were going to have to put in just to kill something now?...Unless they change something when it goes live the higher tier mobs will still drop trash loot, and keys for events may be fewer.

oasis387
04-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Unless they change something when it goes live the higher tier mobs will still drop trash loot, and keys for events may be fewer.

Ya that's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully they won't be that stupid... Not trying to be negative, but damn...

Bonehead
04-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Everythings going to be alright and where all going to live happily ever after. There I said it but for real I'm with you on this. This game didn't need to be turned into borderlands it needed more content and rewards for all the grinding we do that's it simple. To much to ask for huh?

I guess it must be because the best they can come up with is more grinding.
Although if you like bullet sponges and tedious grinding, you're gonna LOVE it.

Bonehead
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Unless they change something when it goes live the higher tier mobs will still drop trash loot, and keys for events may be fewer.

Keys for events will definitely be fewer according to Scapes in the QA sticky.

oasis387
04-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Keys for events will definitely be fewer according to Scapes in the QA sticky.

It's almost as if their way of determining solutions is by askin the simple question "ok team, what is the next thing that we can do that'll piss everyone off the most, but still make it look like we're kinda/sorta/inawaylike trying?"

Eltruism
04-14-2014, 12:40 PM
I'll play if I like it, I won't if I don't.

I expect nothing from it until I try it for myself.

In 20 years of gaming, what I've learned is- never form an opinion of a game unless you've experienced it thoroughly yourself first.

Otherwise, you will realize you aren't so wise. Even though forming an opinion on a crapton of binaries is silly within itself - you still got to partake in the silliness of society.

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
It's almost as if their way of determining solutions is by askin the simple question "ok team, what is the next thing that we can do that'll piss everyone off the most, but still make it look like we're kinda/sorta/inawaylike trying?"

It's a shameless obvious money grab. They don't care how many players they drive away because they already know there will be enough well-funded fools to stay in and blow cash.

I'm not saying I won't be playing - but I won't be playing as much and I won't be helping the cash cow stay fed either.