PDA

View Full Version : HARD FREEZES and Disco's - no server stability progress in ONE YEAR

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry but GEEZ how is it possible that after one year, the hard freeze and disco issues have not really improved. There have been worse times, and better times, and maybe some slight tiny improvements in this area but overall it's still just pathetic. And frustrating. And unanswered. And it makes me just wonder what the HECK makes this issue so completely unfixable. I play on PS3 but I understand this also happens far too often on PC & Xbox so what gives? How can you just leave it sit, Trion? Do you think we'll all forget while you pump the hype of DLC 5 at us? We all KNOW that on 4/15 we'll probably have some major major issues trying to play...and we're not looking forward to that part.

Overwatch
04-13-2014, 12:01 PM
first thing to consider is your router, what kind of WiFi are you trying to play the game on

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:03 PM
No, no. It's so not me. It happens to me and all of my friends on PS3 at about the same rate. We all have different connection types. We all play other games and don't have this issue with those games, just Defiance. Is this the first you've heard of this issue? Wow it really did get swept under the Trion rug I guess.
Please don't tell me it's me. It's not. Been on this game since day one. I already KNOW it's so. not. me.
I will refrain from being offended, thanks anyway.

N3gativeCr33p
04-13-2014, 12:04 PM
first thing to consider is your router, what kind of WiFi are you trying to play the game on

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/Sheldonserious_zpscfa3afd7.gif

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:15 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/Sheldonserious_zpscfa3afd7.gif

Ah, Sheldon. Did he ever find those pants?

OttawaREDBLACKS
04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
in the near 24 hours I played on the computer, I have used both a semi new personal use laptop and a 4 year old desktop. Both of which have way better specs, I didn't crash out however there were server side minor problems no where to the scale of the consoles. To put it into perspective the computer version is easily 10 times smoother of a game even with an older computer.

dramaQkarri
04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
in the near 24 hours I played on the computer, I have used both a semi new personal use laptop and a 4 year old desktop. Both of which have way better specs, I didn't crash out however there were server side minor problems no where to the scale of the consoles. To put it into perspective the computer version is easily 10 times smoother of a game even with an older computer.

Yeah I know us console players have the worst of it. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware thing (i.e. servers) but I just get so sick of it. I don't really expect a fix or improvement but need to VENT my frustration...here. As always.
Thanks!

Tallon
04-13-2014, 02:56 PM
It is indeed a server "thing". I think they forget to feed the hamster.

Atticus Batman
04-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Your first problem is that you are on PS3. The worst console for most 3rd party games out there because of how Ps3 handles their coding.

Second problem (I share this one with you) is that you are on a console and not a Pc.

Third is their server and net systems.

Fourth is your net conection.

Some have even told me that ALL western Us connections are to blame for the issues, because we all have crappy internet. (this could also be put into number 3, if true, because Trion is in the western us and therefor using the internet services provided to the Western Us.)

Eltruism
04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I live in the woods, have the two ****tiest kinds of internet; WIFI and Mobile and my connection is fine.

Are you sure you aren't using a potato instead of a router?

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Your first problem is that you are on PS3. The worst console for most 3rd party games out there because of how Ps3 handles their coding.

Second problem (I share this one with you) is that you are on a console and not a Pc.

Third is their server and net systems.

Fourth is your net conection.

Some have even told me that ALL western Us connections are to blame for the issues, because we all have crappy internet. (this could also be put into number 3, if true, because Trion is in the western us and therefor using the internet services provided to the Western Us.)

Again...I do not have this issue on my other games. In 3 months of playing GTA V for instance, I had ONE hard freeze. One. NOT several a day. Thanks but I think your list is upside down.

My problem is Trion.

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 12:32 PM
I live in the woods, have the two ****tiest kinds of internet; WIFI and Mobile and my connection is fine.

Are you sure you aren't using a potato instead of a router?

I don't have internet connection problems. My PC is fine, my satellite on-demand connection is fine, and my phone is fine. When I'm on PS3 I make sure I'm not using anything else connected to the internet so I won't get kicked off or lagged. Thanks tho.

The issue this thread refers to is Defiance, and Defiance ONLY. My other games are fine, only Defiance features at least one hard freeze and several disconnects each day.

My potatoes are also fine.

AnGeL
04-14-2014, 01:30 PM

Ha..

HAhaha...

HAHAHAHAAHBHABHABHABHABHBAHBAHBAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant beleive after a YEAR people STILL SAY THIS!!

Wow...yes, its EVERYONES router, AND ONLY FOR THIS GAME...not Trion....

no no, not Trion...

dramaQkarri
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Ha..

HAhaha...

HAHAHAHAAHBHABHABHABHABHBAHBAHBAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant beleive after a YEAR people STILL SAY THIS!!

Wow...yes, its EVERYONES router, AND ONLY FOR THIS GAME...not Trion....

no no, not Trion...

Thank you!!

I realize there are not a lot of PS3 players on the forums. I'm sure that's because we're all so busy reloading our game and replacing our routers.

:o

wartitan
04-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm also calling BS on the network connections/router argument. I have no problems playing CoD, or any other online game for that matter. In addition, I know I have pretty close to the 18 M/b down I pay for, and I work on a computer from home all day long without ever getting dropped. In fact, I've been known to leave my VPN client connected to my work network for over 24 hours in a row, without getting disconnected.

My network has NOTHING to do with my console HARD FREEZING and requiring a literal hard reboot. The fact that I don't hard freeze on any other game either, points to one thing.... Trion's game code/servers.

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 04:14 PM
If I had a dime for each time I read a "check your connection" response in a video game related forum, I could be in early retirement by now.

And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. ;)

Rokea
04-14-2014, 05:52 PM
its not the damned internets its the friggin game (READ EVERY OTHER POST ON THIS FORUM)

AnGeL
04-15-2014, 07:00 AM

This made me laugh again today

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 07:08 AM
If I had a dime for each time I read a "check your connection" response in a video game related forum, I could be in early retirement by now.

And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. ;)

And if watches were turnips, I'd wear one at my side!

Vonna
04-15-2014, 07:18 AM
My potatoes are also fine.

This actually made me laugh out loud. I actually upgraded my speed to 30 mps and got a brand new shiny router. I had several crit outs (read: at least a dozen) and two hard freezes yesterday. Maybe I need a new potato.

dramaQkarri
04-15-2014, 07:18 AM
This made me laugh again today

Me too! We're gonna need a laugh today...

OrpheusXI
04-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Hello fellow Clan member! I have had this game since (almost) day one. It's true, I have the best internet you can buy through Time Warner and always knew it was the game and not my router or wifi, etc.

When someone invites me to WM I get kicked almost every time and I know when I try to go back in game it kicks me a few times before I can even get back in game so I hold down the PS button to quit game, and just about everytime it freezes and does the reset thing. Sometimes I have to get up and press the button myself. It also happens if I try to extract when i die inside of WM, it happens the most for me when WM is involved but other random times too. I also have the digital copy from PS Store, no disc.

I've never had to do this but one time for madden 25 but EA Sports actually fixed it.