PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Contest: Free to Enter!!!

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
DPL 4 released as patch 1.4, and within two weeks we were at 1.411 before the game was officially playable again. i llight of that, i have decided to hold a special little contest:

DLP 5 will release tomorow as 1.5, and all you have to do to enter this contest is post the number of the patch that you believe will make the game playable again (example - 1.509)

the winner of this contest will recieve the longest, fulfillingest chase this game has ever offered.

the contest begins in less than 24 hours, so get your entries in now!!!

N3gativeCr33p
04-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Here's my guess...

INB4TL

SirServed
04-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Debbie downer. While I absolutely LOVE the increase in difficulty, I simply despise the scoring system. If players want to find new and interesting ways to kill enemies, go ahead. They aren't worried about that, they just want you dead.

stefb42
04-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Gonna be playable immediately after dlp5, however things will be screwed in a good way (in our favour) which will prompt a rushed patch which is going to make things unplayable until patch 9, when we'll get a free boost weekend as compensation for the game being unplayable, which will make the game unplayable for another 4 days due to the lag

Venom S P
04-15-2014, 10:57 AM
DLP 5 will release tomorow as 1.5, and all you have to do to enter this contest is post the number of the patch that you believe will make the game playable again (example - 1.509)

The term "playable" is a bit subjective... so I'll just guess on something more objective; like how much scrambling they will do to fix 1.500... How many patches will be released within 24 hours to fix patch ("DLC") 1.500?

I'm betting on 4 patches, so I think 1.504 should be active by tomorrow morning. It may not make the game "playable" for all... but maybe for some.

bellator
04-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I am optimistic. I say this will be not only playable but reliable right out of the gate. I have aprox 3 min to go for the patch to finish and then we will see......I am excited.

Overwatch
04-15-2014, 11:33 AM
I will raise your challenge with 40 oz less filling. I say 3.4 before it works right. From past experiences with online gaming I believe this to be a sure bet.

Dartaan
04-15-2014, 11:33 AM
1.506,I'm a optimist.

Overwatch
04-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Dartaan can I make an Eye appointment and get some knew glass's at a cheap rate since we play the same game ?
i will be in Florida this weekend.

DIS
04-15-2014, 02:21 PM
1.513 I think this is the big one. I'm comin' to see you Wheezy.

Dartaan
04-19-2014, 06:43 AM
1.506,I'm a optimist.

I want to change my guess to NEVER

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 09:41 AM
I want to change my guess to NEVER

You might be on to something there.

Truthfully, most of the game has become playable for me again after the last couple of patches. Heck I even went into a minor Arkbreak and was able to see it to completion (for the first time in over a month). Ironically, that was only because there were three of us in the Arkbreak and it never got over TL6. TL10 Arkbreaks are still unplayable, while Volge Sieges are only slightly better.

Truth be told, you are right. There was much fun and enjoyment to be had in the game prior to 1.5 that we will never get back due to some misguided ideals held by the dev team.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 09:45 AM

Truthfully, most of the game has become playable for me again after the last couple of patches. Heck I even went into a minor Arkbreak and was able to see it to completion (for the first time in over a month). Ironically, that was only because there were three of us in the Arkbreak and it never got over TL6. TL10 Arkbreaks are still unplayable, while Volge Sieges are only slightly better.

Truth be told, you are right. There was much fun and enjoyment to be had in the game prior to 1.5 that we will never get back due to some misguided ideals held by the dev team.

Playable...but too much missing rewards. Adds up to unplayable to me.

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 10:25 AM

Truth be told, you are right. There was much fun and enjoyment to be had in the game prior to 1.5 that we will never get back due to some misguided ideals held by the dev team.These USED to be my favorite event! Hell, I went out of my way to help LoCarb fix North Point. Now I avoid them. Not worth the effort! Sad!

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Playable...but too much missing rewards. Adds up to unplayable to me.

There's no denying that. I don't put much of a priority on rewards as most gamers - for me it's the experience and joy of playing the content that is rewarding (and why 1.5 was even worse for me). Truth be told, I would be more concerned about the rewards here if they actually meant something. Scrip is still primarily useless and Ark Salvage only slightly less so. Arkforge, of course, has been made the new primary currency in the game out of necessity, but is only slightly less of an unbearable grind to acquire than C-cores are. Ultimately, when the primary mode of acquisition for equipment is RNG, it kinda makes the rewards required to get the RNG pretty useless in my mind. I guess that's why I always just preferred sticking to the mission and Ark Code rewards. Neat and fun weapons that up until 1.5 were effective, and it wasn't a chore to acquire or use them.

Honestly, if Trion really wanted to make the rewards system fun and effective, they would make it less tedious, naturally, but they would implement a system that would allow us to customize our weapons down to the mastery roll and synergy bonuses. I am looking forward to the implementation of upgrading the rarity of our weapons, and would have used that system even if vertical progression had not been introduced to the game. Now they need to take it a step forward and give us a reason to use Scrip, Ark Salvage and Arkforge at will (which includes being able to swap out mods at will without destroying either the weapon or the mods), but still make it "affordable" and not tedious to get the amount you need.

TASHINKA
05-21-2014, 10:59 AM
These USED to be my favorite event! Hell, I went out of my way to help LoCarb fix North Point. Now I avoid them. Not worth the effort! Sad!I also used to like doing volge sieges, but now they are a point vacuuming slaughterfest that I avoid :(

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I also used to like doing volge sieges, but now they are a point vacuuming slaughterfest that I avoid :(

Pretty much. I'll only do them when they are part of the incursion events now, and even then, if I don't have time to do the deathmarch part of the event, will only tag to get points at the siege and wait it out somewhere safe to get the minimum rewards and event completion.