PDA

View Full Version : Mein Defiance is Kaput!!!

PimplyPete
04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
So I don't really know what's up, I log in like any other day (been playing for a year now) and all of the sudden the game took a giant dump. Half the time my HUD, Character and every other NPC/Enemy wouldn't load, and when I try to fast travel somewhere I would end up falling through the world. Even the menu/map is broken.

So after several attempts I went into my hard-drive, deleted the patch and re-download them (which took hours) and still the game wouldn't load properly. It even froze once during my patch download. All this a day before the big Downloadable Patch # 5. *Facepalm

Anyone else experiencing/know whats causing this?

Here's a video for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Q3ao46z3U

Lillith Valerian
04-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Free bump for super-sweet choice of ultra-neato music!

wartitan
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Ouch...I wouldn't feel too bad however, I have a feeling most everyone will be completely uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game anyway...

OrpheusXI
04-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Happens to me all the time, it's like the server throws a dart at a group of people and whoever it lands on gets this. I usually quit game completely and go back on and it's better. maybe not forever but for a while at least.

Venom S P
04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
I haven't had issues like this before, this sucks. Sorry, man. However, you did turn this crumby situation into a good video with you music selection. "Benny Hill meets Defiance" lol

I'm not sure if this will help or if today's DLC/patch will automagically fix this for you, but something in one of the last patch notes made it so the game no longer requires an install. At least one other clanmate and I have been playing Defiance without installation for a little while now. Delete the install and play off of the game disk. The game disk only spins at startup until xbox connects to Defiance servers.

At least as is my experience; you should feel a little less lag (with the exception of hulker seiges/incursions), and I am not getting critical disconnects as often either. I don't seem to have that delay in opening my map, or at least not as often or severe. I can't guarantee this will help any with your situation, it might have been something that Trion fixed (I know, that is kinda funny) and I'm falsely attributing to playing without install... but who knows? Maybe it'll reset something.

Whatever's going on here, I hope it gets fixed for ya soon!