PDA

View Full Version : What they should do for the second round of DLC!

Watson121
04-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Well, the last DLC comes out today and I have been thinking about what trion should do for their next lot of DLC. Firstly, only do THREE dlcs over a year, this means you will get more time to develop the DLCs (approx 4 months per a DLC). The more development time you get, the better the content you can create, you can fix most of the bugs and create loads of new content. The better content will make all of your current players happy, this might also bring back some old players and even new players to the game. Following this plan will be a great idea. Do you think this is a good idea?

Tsort
04-15-2014, 08:09 AM
What they should do with it? Stick it up their.... wow-ho-ho hey Trion! Didn't see you there! *waves*

charmXalor
04-15-2014, 09:18 AM
I agree if they take more time to craft their dlc and not make routine updates, not hot fixes, updates in their dlc's it would be much better. But then again I said they should have taken more time on dlc 3 and pushed the date back, while the masses screamed "no we want it now!", and look what they got.

But back on the topic. I feel like they should for the dlc expand the map so that we have more room to play around in, personally a new storyline for said new area, the other races should be made playable, the sensoth, indogene, and what ever the heck varus is. New weapons, the ability to build a weapon from parts found in a ark fall were you could make and save a weapon blueprint and share it with others ( I doubt they would ever consider this btw), Custom weapon skins, a guild house (rather a guild owning a bar or hotel of sorts) though others will say no to that idea.

There are alot of places this game could go, and I have ideas for it, but I don't work for the company.
Plus some ideas I need to save for my own video game creations. @(^.^)@

Arsenic_Touch
04-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I doubt more time is going to accomplish anything.

Overtkill21
04-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I doubt more time is going to accomplish anything.

Lots more Excel Sheets can be made!

bigguy
04-15-2014, 10:27 AM
@ the OP , They are doing them as fast as possible with as little content as possible so as to try and grab as much money out of peoples pockets as possible. Ultimatly they dont care if we want more content , or what we want at all.

Riz
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
The fails of the first 4 DLC's (and the 5th will probably fook more things up as well then it fixes) is not only time-related. It's also budget-related. I cant see in Trion's pockets, but i'm pretty sure sales werent where they were supposed to be. Not a problem. But they launched the game broke, bugged and glitchy as hell, so many players quit shortly after and never looked back. Bye bye Season Pass-sales! That's a bigger problem but could still be solved.

When they put things in the Store that:
1. Were reasonably priced
2. Werent only cosmetic

Imagine the ability to buy your favorite outfit for 7 bucks, but for an additional 3 bucks that outfit made you resistant to the Nano of your choice. Now the outfit isn't only cosmetic anymore! I'm sure many of us would have purchased that nice outfit that also made em resistant to a certain Nano. Spending 10 bucks on a game you love playing is still reasonable as well for an outfit that serves a purpose more then just look pretty (on your own screen).

And imagine... 10 bucks for your favorite Legendary weapon which YOU can select the rolls for! Now that would be awesome right? Who wouldnt pick up their favorite weapon with the perfect rolls on it? In fact, now you spent 10 bucks on the perfect weapon 15 bucks is just a small step away to get that weapon fully modded with 4 epic mods and make it even more prefect! For 15 bucks many would have taken the short-cut on that 'longer, more fullfilling chase'. And Trion would have made up for the losses suffered on the other side.

And dont say 'Pay 2 Win' is bad. P2W can be good if done with sense and reason. And for money that anyone can afford to get even on the field. If you buy that perfect Sawed Off to rule PvP, you know in advance others can purchase that same weapon and equal you on gear. That leaves players with their pure skill, as it should be!

Too little, too late i'm afraid. DLC5 will make the game P2W in an unreasonable way. It's causing more players to quit cause they cant see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore. Their weapons got made useless, and grinding can take ages. The store offers a solution, but the prices i've seen passing through on this forums do not make sense and arent affordable for everyone! They make the playing-field uneven. Spenders on top, the others at the bottom as they cant up their gear. So even less budget is available for a 2nd round of DLC. And if the 1rst round was already this broken... Yeah... Why bother...

Overwatch
04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
more content is a must, it makes up for the bugs and other problems