PDA

View Full Version : New Patch is just peachy!

Achill3z
04-15-2014, 01:34 PM
ahh the good times of the old defiance are now even more peachier with the new patch! first thing i do, i log on, go to a major arkfall, and happily use about 20,000 script reviving myself to try and kill 1 enemy! yet i still could not kill but 1 enemy out of 20 enemies total. so ive come around to thinking that this new patch is awesome! i can run around and use 20k script to revive myself, and lower the health of a singular enemy just a little bit until i get some xp and a little more script! god what a great patch defiance has released this day, the game itself has changed and i love it! who doesn't want to be dead within a second of meeting an enemy?

Yrkul
04-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Trion: You will need to upgrade your weapons to your current rating for them to be effective. What's that? You don't have arkforge enough? Well, umm... We sell arkforge in the shop! "feigned innocence"

3rdpig
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
I completed a major hellbug arkfall and several minor emergencies. I didn't have to revive or extract once. I did one of the nodes of the major by myself and both emergencies.

No offense, but if you're getting killed that often maybe you should figure out how to avoid damage? You know, taking cover when your shields go down, combat rolling, killing at a distance, etc, etc. Just sayin...

Shadow Andreas
04-15-2014, 02:09 PM
I completed a major hellbug arkfall and several minor emergencies. I didn't have to revive or extract once. I did one of the nodes of the major by myself and both emergencies.

No offense, but if you're getting killed that often maybe you should figure out how to avoid damage? You know, taking cover when your shields go down, combat rolling, killing at a distance, etc, etc. Just sayin...

I did the end of the Quarry incursion and quickly realized that "old tactics" WILL NOT WORK!

Respect your enemy, you can no longer just stand there and take them out.

We were at threat level 10 and there were pumped up Volge....EVERYWHERE! I went down about 3 times before I climbed the tower and had to take cover before firing back. Dodging grenades and rockets from bombers and taking them out first.

It was intense....to say the least.

Achill3z
04-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Well 3rd pig, you've been the only one that has the slightest positive attitude towards this patch that I've seen so far, and I can't really put myself in your shoes, I'm a 450 ego player just starting the game 2 days ago and your a 4k+ ego player that has probably been on for quite a while. If I was 4k+ ego, I would probably be replying to all these rage posts the exact same way you have. But I can't be that guy that has a positive outlook on things when there is almost nothing positive about the recent patch in my opinion. since I'm only a recent starter, I don't have the experience to know when to dodge the enemy or put myself in the right position as you have claimed. I'm assuming if I can play a little more and adapt to the new patch it'll be ok. But defiance will never be the game it was with this new patch, I'm just putting that out there

grimmreefer
04-15-2014, 02:36 PM
so i had the same experiencelog in see an incursion at the quarry go in with my old vlolge loadout and it did sweet f*** all to the new volge, but only wen down once. then decide to do the bolienis daily.. took almost an hour with another 5000 ego player just standing there ona roof(he may have ******d out and sniping em) ut went down 12 times to this is just a little ridiculous just saying...

BJWyler
04-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Well, I just plunked down an Arkspike to try out a Minor Arkbreak to see how it goes (I am EGO 5133). Outside - with Mutants; not too bad. A few other people show up and we manage to take everything out. Naturally took longer than before the patch because of the bullet sponges, but all in all not bad.

Arkbreak interior - I'm done. I will not call down nor participate in another Arkbreak again. Former Elite Troopers now insta-kill with their grenades. I was downed at least 3-4 times before we get to the first Huntmaster phase. We finally get him down (we have a full complement of players inside at this time) and get to the next phase with more Troopers, Bombers, and the Helis. Went down at least a half dozen more times within a span of two minutes before I logged out to get the hell out of the instance. I kinda felt like I was back in the days of soloing the Arkbreaks with the multiple Elite Bomber phase. This was undoubtably the worst experience I have had in the game thus far (I knew what I was in for when trying to solo Arkbreaks).

I am done with Arkbreaks. I think this is the start of me being done with the game altogether. Worst fears realized (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155497-I-don-t-want-to-level.-At-all.-Give-me-the-option-to-turn-leveling-completely-off.).

Achill3z
04-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Honestly, if the patch contents did not include the massive scaling of enemies and the screwed up shields, the game would be a little better. I have no idea if trion wants players to leave, or is just doing this on purpose to see the community's reaction towards the new patch, honestly I think it's terrible.

Midori Oku
04-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Well 3rd pig, you've been the only one that has the slightest positive attitude towards this patch that I've seen so far, and I can't really put myself in your shoes, I'm a 450 ego player just starting the game 2 days ago and your a 4k+ ego player that has probably been on for quite a while. If I was 4k+ ego, I would probably be replying to all these rage posts the exact same way you have. But I can't be that guy that has a positive outlook on things when there is almost nothing positive about the recent patch in my opinion. since I'm only a recent starter, I don't have the experience to know when to dodge the enemy or put myself in the right position as you have claimed. I'm assuming if I can play a little more and adapt to the new patch it'll be ok. But defiance will never be the game it was with this new patch, I'm just putting that out there

Do you have a clan? If you need a solid group of people to run with you can join mine. Assuming you're on 360 that is. :)

Achill3z
04-15-2014, 03:19 PM
I don't have a clan, and I am running on the PC. And later on, I'll probably get a clan and see if that helps at all. But it probably won't since the enemies have scaled and can kill a person in 1 shot

Moscardo
04-15-2014, 03:23 PM
I was doing a mission by myself... nothing special, and doing normally fine.
Suddenly another - higher ego - player appeared... and the enemies I was facing became basically immune to my damage. I was dawned by a single hit, even with shields full up. I spent the rest of the missions facing skitterlings (and I managed to kill 2 in a few minutes thanks to a lot of dodging and tons of ammo).

Knyghtmare
04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Your Problem is your a 450 ego trying to survive in a major arkfall that even the best of Players have problems with. as for the 20k extract fee i think thats a over exaggeration i am 1500 ego and i died and extracted after reading this and guess what i only paid 180 script to extract i will agree some of this patch and DLC is going to be rough on you fresh players but it was designed to challenge players not this easy mode version that was b4 where everyone was just melting though everything. Do you missions get your ego up and embrace the change or go back to Easy mode MMO's

Knyghtmare
04-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I was doing a mission by myself... nothing special, and doing normally fine.
Suddenly another - higher ego - player appeared... and the enemies I was facing became basically immune to my damage. I was dawned by a single hit, even with shields full up. I spent the rest of the missions facing skitterlings (and I managed to kill 2 in a few minutes thanks to a lot of dodging and tons of ammo).

the Scale thing is going to get annoying for Low lvl guys cause i noticed even if a high Ego Play is not helping just driving enemies scale up

Moscardo
04-15-2014, 03:38 PM
But it does not just apply to Major Arkfall.
It is a very simple matter of scaling up vs scaling down.

If you do 10 times my damge and have 10 times my armor... it stands clear that against enemis created to challange you, I'm both useless and helpless.
If Major Arkfalls are to be designed as raid for only high ego player... fine. I can accept that.
But to be at my limit fighting a skitterling not far from Iron Demon ranch just bacause a big player was passing by, it's definitely too much.
A much wiser approach would have been to have the big player scale down to my levels of damage and armor, so we could BOTH contribute at the fight and have some kind of fun.

Shughart
04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Your Problem is your a 450 ego trying to survive in a major arkfall that even the best of Players have problems with. as for the 20k extract fee i think thats a over exaggeration i am 1500 ego and i died and extracted after reading this and guess what i only paid 180 script to extract i will agree some of this patch and DLC is going to be rough on you fresh players but it was designed to challenge players not this easy mode version that was b4 where everyone was just melting though everything. Do you missions get your ego up and embrace the change or go back to Easy mode MMO's

Challenging the higher Ego and veteran players are 1 thing. Keep that separate from the open world. I will be leaving this game for the second time. I recently picked it up hoping that the glitch that caused me to leave the first time was gone. It was. So me and a friend started playing again. Well we won't be able to play together anymore, considering I'm almost 2100 Ego ahead of him. Rough on the fresh players? Why not just come out and directly say "go get bent"?

Edit: Oh yeah also why would a "fresh player" play only 5% of the game? Arkfalls are a MAJOR piece to this game. It's how you level and earn quicker, but **** them for wanting to play with higher egos. This is truly absurd. I would think this type of change to come from an indie company. Then again we are talking about Trion.

BJWyler
04-15-2014, 04:14 PM
... but it was designed to challenge players not this easy mode version that was b4 where everyone was just melting though everything. Do you missions get your ego up and embrace the change or go back to Easy mode MMO's

Or maybe you should have gone and found a more challenging MMO/Shooter to go play instead of you and your ilk ruining this game by demanding it be harder. See, asinine comments work both ways, don't it?

Ash2X
04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
ahh the good times of the old defiance are now even more peachier with the new patch! first thing i do, i log on, go to a major arkfall, and happily use about 20,000 script reviving myself to try and kill 1 enemy! yet i still could not kill but 1 enemy out of 20 enemies total. so ive come around to thinking that this new patch is awesome! i can run around and use 20k script to revive myself, and lower the health of a singular enemy just a little bit until i get some xp and a little more script! god what a great patch defiance has released this day, the game itself has changed and i love it! who doesn't want to be dead within a second of meeting an enemy?
Gues what? Its almost impossible to complete daily Quests just because another (High Level Player?) comes along!YAY!

Hogman505
04-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Why is it that people always tell you to "leave the game" when you point out the flaws with it? Wouldn't it be better for everyone concerned if issues in the game were addressed?

Your advice is to "do your missions and get your ego up". But I, for one, am unable to complete the simplest missions without dying over and over again. Okay, no big deal right, no real death penalty in the game. But it's not fun. Challenge is one thing, but since the patch I hesitate to even try to fight random mobs spawned along the road. And the Volge...forget it. Spent over an hour trying to kill just one and I was getting one-shotted more or less as soon as I fired my weapon. Ditto for those big blue guys with the min-guns and grenade launchers...and the cleavers.....and the bugs.

Maybe you're right, maybe I should go find a game that is "less challenging" and tons more fun...Trion's loss...not yours.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
I am done with Arkbreaks.
What's really crappy about them is the interiors that are so small, Volges spawn 3 or 4 on top of one other. Then the bombers proceed to fill the place with shrapnel and kill players dozens at a time. Then the WM one-shots you every 2 minutes.

A clanmate has seen a WM ending screen where a guy had extracted 58 times.

58 f*cking times.

lol

Seizan
04-15-2014, 05:04 PM

There is the problem. This latest so-called DLC pretty much punishes low ego players. Unfortunate but grenades.

Raiithe
04-15-2014, 05:13 PM
I stopped asking my friend to play this game a good few months ago. Cannot in good conscience do so again, he is a beginner player, barely EGO100 i'm over 2000, it just wouldn't work.

TRION if you are going to have enemies scale then do it so they scale when a player arrives and when a player leaves, not only that but scale the players equipment appropriately. If a EGO100 was to be upgraded to EGO5000 then he will still have EGO100 gear and perks too.

DSW
04-15-2014, 05:16 PM
it's not only for low-level. it's for low-thinking too. and i think that WM instance is too OP'd to say the least.

didn't think that i'm ever to say this, but HEY TRION, NERF THAT SHTAKO TO PLAYABLE LEVEL.

OTOH, coop maps are way less boring now.

Nightmare Walkin
04-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I F'N LOVE IT!!!!! Nuff said.........but really, this sh!t is great

Edit: except for the fact I pretty much only use the forums while reloading from getting kicked. I'm getting kicked like back in the day.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Or maybe you should have gone and found a more challenging MMO/Shooter to go play instead of you and your ilk ruining this game by demanding it be harder. See, asinine comments work both ways, don't it?
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/morganfreemanright_zps2c375f3a.jpg

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Welcome to bullet sponge town.

grimmreefer
04-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Welcome to bullet sponge town.

i dont think the term bullet sponge quite cuts it here, but defenatly need a bigger ammo reserve, also cant seem to keep enough bio nades (thank jebus i gots lots in my claimed)

Nightmare Walkin
04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
i dont think the term bullet sponge quite cuts it here, but defenatly need a bigger ammo reserve, also cant seem to keep enough bio nades (thank jebus i gots lots in my claimed)

I broke mine down on my lowest character to try and get an oj early. I got a syphon vbi sniper. But now I'm buying nades from the machine. I am running out of ammo spikes as well. That is new. Didn't we have so much of both of those lying around we couldn't find and sometimes even pick up the real loot? Oh well. Over all I'm good. Brink it on! Oh yeah....Ark Vicera is beautiful. Coming up on him at a fight was like the first night I found a toxic monarch spewing filth into the air and the electric one lighting up the area. Awesome.

DSW
04-15-2014, 06:11 PM

Defiance: providing black holes with enough ammo to self-explode since DLC5

Achill3z
04-16-2014, 01:39 PM
When I first started playing defiance last Saturday, I literally stayed up for 15 hours straight. I could not get off the game because it was so damn fun. But now, it's like I really only want to get on for the daily rewards and get off. I love defiance and I will always stay with it since it gave me such a good first impression when I started, but if I had started today and played the game through all the negative aspects of the recent patch, I would just quit. I mean I literally wanted to buy the season pass and spend money on bits when I first played because it was so damn addictive, but now, I just don't know. I'm disappointed trion, you made the greatest game ever complete trash and I really hope you fix this now before more players quit

barium
04-16-2014, 02:05 PM
just tried my 1st daily of the game. nothing like sitting at the ammo box and hitting it 5 times to shoot 1 guy with my lmg that holds 500 bullets so thats 2500 bullets pumped into 1 guy that still has more then 1/2 his life. ok i guess this is a now a game of just avoid the mobs and do the objectives so i did but OH WAIT now it spawned so many guys that my little map thingy turned completly red with like 1000 guys and im supposed to clear out the area to complete the daily. YA RIGHT think ill just go find another game to play now :(

i felt like i was in a siege all by myself and all the mobs was invincible.

looking at your patch notes makes me think this was all intended so i guess im perm done with this game now. atm i feel its completely unplayable and worse then that not fun at all.

Achill3z
04-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I really hope these patches are like a bad joke or something. Because losing all these players is not cool

Sykotic
04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Well im mad as hell. This needs sorting ASAP like right now. Can't believe I tried to get into an MMO, all going well day before patch, now I can shoot an AI in the face do 25,000 critical damage and shift about half a millimeter of his health. Before this patch my sniper instantly killed your standard soldiers with headshots. Jesus Christ if you struggled on hellbugs before you may as well trade the game in now. Fuming.:mad:

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
just tried my 1st daily of the game. nothing like sitting at the ammo box and hitting it 5 times to shoot 1 guy with my lmg that holds 500 bullets so thats 2500 bullets pumped into 1 guy that still has more then 1/2 his life. ok i guess this is a now a game of just avoid the mobs and do the objectives so i did but OH WAIT now it spawned so many guys that my little map thingy turned completly red with like 1000 guys and im supposed to clear out the area to complete the daily. YA RIGHT think ill just go find another game to play now :(

looking at your patch notes makes me think this was all intended so i guess im perm done with this game now. atm i feel its completely unplayable and worse then that not fun at all.I honestly don't know what you, and seemingly a lot of others, are doing wrong. If you're using the wrong nanos at the wrong times. If you don't have your perks set properly for your style of play. I'm having a hard time grasping why this is so hard for ppl.

I'm considered an average to slightly above average player on my server. I haven't had an issue with any of the enemies when I'm alone. I few more bullets, sure. Entire ammo pool, not likely. My biggest complaint is the lack of nades and other consumables dropping, now that they have changed them. It used to be that I would see literally dozens that I couldn't touch, now, I do almost the entire Motherlode Expert Co-op without seeing any drop til near the end. And then, 2 of them.

The scaling is an issue in most "world" instances and could stand a tweaking. But, a minor adjustment is all that is needed.

Sykotic
04-16-2014, 02:29 PM
just tried my 1st daily of the game. Nothing like sitting at the ammo box and hitting it 5 times to shoot 1 guy with my lmg that holds 500 bullets so thats 2500 bullets pumped into 1 guy that still has more then 1/2 his life. Ok i guess this is a now a game of just avoid the mobs and do the objectives so i did but oh wait now it spawned so many guys that my little map thingy turned completly red with like 1000 guys and im supposed to clear out the area to complete the daily. Ya right think ill just go find another game to play now :(

Looking at your patch notes makes me think this was all intended so i guess im perm done with this game now. Atm i feel its completely unplayable and worse then that not fun at all.

this exactly!!!

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 02:33 PM
I honestly don't know what you, and seemingly a lot of others, are doing wrong. If you're using the wrong nanos at the wrong times. If you don't have your perks set properly for your style of play. I'm having a hard time grasping why this is so hard for ppl.

I'm considered an average to slightly above average player on my server. I haven't had an issue with any of the enemies when I'm alone. I few more bullets, sure. Entire ammo pool, not likely. My biggest complaint is the lack of nades and other consumables dropping, now that they have changed them. It used to be that I would see literally dozens that I couldn't touch, now, I do almost the entire Motherlode Expert Co-op without seeing any drop til near the end. And then, 2 of them.

The scaling is an issue in most "world" instances and could stand a tweaking. But, a minor adjustment is all that is needed.

Reb - most of these people haven't probably visited forums, checked out the alpha test server news, all that stuff that you and I and others know. They need to know a) BIOWEAPONS and b) BIOWEAPONS and c) well you know. It's a whole new strategy. They gotta study up and figure it out all over again, which you already did.

The other thing is the scaling is massively out of tune and inconsistent. I know you don't agree but the evidence of everyone else's experience points to the contrary, sorry. Hopefully today's hotfix will fix that issue. And over the next few weeks the tweaks better keep on coming!

Whatever it is you're doing RIGHT, is the difference here. And obviously most people aren't doing it the "new way".

Sykotic
04-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Ahh my friend, grasp this, I have been using brand new gear and different perks a day before this patch came out, I was dealing so much damage with my sniper and smg it was bliss. I struggled on some bits like warmaster arkfall etc. Then this update came out. Now I cannot even get through a random roadblock mission without dying within 4 seconds. My weapons do next to no damage and even a critical hit with my Orange (Rare) sniper that does 25k damage has near to no effect on anything.

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Ahh my friend, grasp this, I have been using brand new gear and different perks a day before this patch came out, I was dealing so much damage with my sniper and smg it was bliss. I struggled on some bits like warmaster arkfall etc. Then this update came out. Now I cannot even get through a random roadblock mission without dying within 4 seconds. My weapons do next to no damage and even a critical hit with my Orange (Rare) sniper that does 25k damage has near to no effect on anything.What nano is your "special Orange (Legendary, not rare) sniper"? If it isn't bio, it will suffer until the armor and shields break.

DramaQ mentioned it above. Bio is the new "Go-to" nano. if you aren't using Bio as the main in your load-out, you will die. The faster you break the armor and shields, the better all the other nanos will work. As an average player, if I can solo a Volge road block, anybody should be able to...

Proper weapons. Proper shields, proper tactics.

Sykotic
04-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah man it's bio, big symbol underneath it, I don't get whats happening. My smg is as well and it still takes ages to take down one guy. Im rank 534.

Just to clarify, the bio is the blue hazard symbol right?

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah man it's bio, big symbol underneath it, I don't get whats happening. My smg is as well and it still takes ages to take down one guy. Im rank 534.

Just to clarify, the bio is the blue hazard symbol right?

Yes, the blue hazard one. 534, is also part of your issue. My understanding is under 4000 and even under 5000 is pretty rough. You will need FRIENDS!!

Sykotic
04-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Ok cheers pal for that. A bit weird now though because I just did a run through of a place I was struggling at and I mopped up pretty quick. No change in enemies or equipment. Weird.

Oh and do all enemies carry bio weapons then because armor goes very quick.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Proper weapons. Proper shields, proper tactics.
Diablo station mission. Not a siege, just the hellbug thing. Not underpowered, I kept my own EGO rating. I unloaded 3 augmented clips of my SAW into a hellbug blastpod before I could destroy it. 300+ bullets in there. Nanoless. Is this working as intended?

Proper bullsh!t.

Blame me, I do not have a Bio weapon. The RNG gods actually never gave me better than a green one before, so I never kept any. I used to be able to use f*cking whatever gun I wanted, even my white E10 starting weapon, and get average to good results. Now? "Look, buy this vendor Bio weapon, it's the only one worth it".

Well, no thanks, Trion. And f*ck that.

Achill3z
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
All that really matters is what the majority wants. If trion does not give them what they like, they leave. and I would have to say quite a bit of players that have stayed with defiance from the start, have now left because trion is giving the majority what they don't want. But since the recent patch, people are required to actually have some skill, I understand that. But skill and being prepared does not get you out of being spawn camped by ark volge in the major arkfall. That's honestly the only problem I've had this far, the enemy damage output is a little broken, the health scaling is great, but the damage is just a little to op

Shadow Andreas
04-16-2014, 03:51 PM
All that really matters is what the majority wants, and does not want. If trion does not give them what they like, they leave. and I would have to say quite a bit of players have left that have actually stayed with defiance because trion gave them what they want. But since the recent patch, people are required to actually have some skill, I understand that. But skill and being prepared does not get you out of being spawn camped by ark volge in the major arkfall. That's honestly the only problem I've had this far, the enemy damage output is a little broken, the health scaling is great, but the damage is just a little to op

Achill3z......I actually think the majority does NOT matter......it comes down to what Trion wants to do. They will inevitably do what they choose to do and we can either adapt and deal with it or not. They will not remove DLP 5...they will hopefully tweak it....but it is what was approved and released. This is the direction Trion wants to go, and they will.

Good....Bad....or Indifferent. The game is what it is....still a game owned by Trion and we are just renters.

DSW
04-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Diablo station mission. Not a siege, just the hellbug thing. Not underpowered, I kept my own EGO rating. I unloaded 3 augmented clips of my SAW into a hellbug blastpod before I could destroy it. 300+ bullets in there. Nanoless. Is this working as intended?

Proper bullsh!t.

Blame me, I do not have a Bio weapon. The RNG gods actually never gave me better than a green one before, so I never kept any. I used to be able to use f*cking whatever gun I wanted, even my white E10 starting weapon, and get average to good results. Now? "Look, buy this vendor Bio weapon, it's the only one worth it".

Well, no thanks, Trion. And f*ck that.

the problem with contracts is called INSTANCING. we had at least one cry of desperation yesterday in chat. some of low ego was punished by TL10 @ diablo and it seems that it was location shadowing from me, badukas and frogmella who killed that Alpha Monarch just before he went in fresh instance that scaled to OUR level.

Achill3z
04-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Every online game, in most cases, is powered by the players. And the players use their money to purchase extras from the game, which powers it. If an online game does not adjust to the majority's liking, the players will leave the game, and the game will head downwards because they are not receiving money. The only thing that counters what I just said is one thing, and that is if the company itself has a ton of money to keep the servers running without the players paying. That's what leads me to believe that the majority does MATTER