PDA

View Full Version : DMG done by low EGO toons

Sonic7870
04-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Some of my clan mates and friends have been raising concerns regarding the damage being dealt to enemies on their own they have no trouble but it's during sieges when near high ego toons that the concerns are made

I know the game is open world and all but if the enemy scales to highest player in groups could it mean the end of sieges as I play sieges with clan mates

Deunan
04-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Some of my clan mates and friends have been raising concerns regarding the damage being dealt to enemies on their own they have no trouble but it's during sieges when near high ego toons that the concerns are made

I know the game is open world and all but if the enemy scales to highest player in groups could it mean the end of sieges as I play sieges with clan matesThey don't scale to the highest player. They scale based on Threat Level which is calculated based on the combined EGO rating of all players and the number of players there. Players in the lower half of the group in terms of EGO rating are always going to get the short end of the stick. Their Threat Level buff is essentially there to keep them from being too squishy while they do what damage they can. Players at the top of the EGO rating of the group are going to have it the easiest.

Overwatch
04-15-2014, 02:40 PM
. I die enough times to make my score a joke so even if I do complete it, the effort isn't worth the time... so thank you for that.
Of course, that is TRIONS point.
As well as the hardcore gamers weeding out the low ego players.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:01 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/bullet-sponge_zps91e053a2.jpg

polarity
04-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Only been playing for a couple of weeks (EGO 685). I thought I'd got really lucky getting my hands on a legendary on day 2, and that the game's very minimal vertical progression was just plain awesome (basically involving perk unlocks, and collecting good gear and good weapons through RNG/trading, and putting a good set of mods on them).

Before this patch I could go anywhere on the map to play, and make a meaningful contribution towards any event.

Now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2UYBAOfq4

Trion, you done ****ed up.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/bullet-sponge_zps91e053a2.jpg

Actually, it reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDXZWUb3R0&t=43s

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Only been playing for a couple of weeks (EGO 685). I thought I'd got really lucky getting my hands on a legendary on day 2, and that the game's very minimal vertical progression was just plain awesome (basically involving perk unlocks, and collecting good gear and good weapons through RNG/trading, and putting a good set of mods on them).

Before this patch I could go anywhere on the map to play, and make a meaningful contribution towards any event.

Now?

The very definition of "bullet sponge".

Atticus Batman
04-15-2014, 06:33 PM
The very definition of "bullet sponge".

You expect otherwise for a dlc that that you and I have come up with names for, btw I combined those names so it makes more sense. Welcome to Dlcp5.

Ark Revolting: Dawn of the BULLET SPONGE!!!!

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:35 PM

Now?

Actually, it reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDXZWUb3R0&t=43s

I love that movie!

Deunan
04-15-2014, 06:46 PM

Now?There is something very wrong at the end of that video. Your EGO rating dropped back down to 685. That shouldn't happen so the scaling is now broken in the opposite direction to what it was on the test server (there your Threat Level buff stayed indefinitely even if you fast traveled to another point).

A couple of notes about your weapon. If you didn't upgrade it's power rating then it is not going to help you at all in any fight. It's a Syphon nano weapon. Those now do the worst damage in game in most situations compared to their counterparts that have nano effects (the one exception being Electrical against health). They not only have damage reduction modifiers against both shields and health but they have the largest card damage malus out of all the weapons with nano-effects compared to nano-less weapons. The chief tactical advantage of Syphon weapons are that they are self healing guns that constantly replenish your health and shields while you're hitting a target.

Xaat Xuun
04-15-2014, 07:10 PM
with the scaling, I am doing more damage (by the numbers) but doing less damage at the same time, like hardly any affect tot he targets HP.

I used to hit at 6-8k with the bolter, now I'm hitting at 16-20k, and it's not making a scratch with those higher damage numbers, well maybe scratch, but that's about it. oh and the threat level was 6

first impression .. "oh my, this sucks" . . but I'll need more time in the game (and reading) , to see what adjustments I'll need to make. before actually saying "Oh My . . This sucks"

it's like their shield is scaled too high, going through a couple runs to the ammo box between each mob m is way too much ammo, will need double the ammo we carry now, minimum

shingara
04-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Well i can honestly say its not just when low lvls are with high levels. Ive just come back to the game an have a lvl 999 char from when the game first came out. So i thought to myself i know what, ill make a new char to relearn the game. Well all before the patch on my new char i could kill, it was difficult solo but it was doable. Now after the patch my char gets one hit killed 8/10 times and i can clean out 3 full mags on a mob and it can look up at me and smile with its broken teeth as that is basically the main damage its doing when shooting mobs in the face.

I really need to know, who tested this ???????????????????

thejx4
04-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Some of the threat levels scale incorrectly, but yeah, I don't think low level players are scaled up enough.

Xaat Xuun
04-15-2014, 07:45 PM
when I first logged in I was at BnG, so I dashed out to where those Hell bugs are across the road from BnG, because I was seeing in chat the troubles others were having with damage.

there were no purple dots showing so I was alone, and I had no problems with the hell bugs, warriors usually give me issues, but now not at all .. . I was like "Pffft . . what are these guys whining about"
Then I went to a Major Arkfall . . and it was a Big WTF moment , now I'm seeing what happens in a group, and experiencing what I was reading in chat

I'm going to log in one of my 1XX characters and see what life in the game is for them ;)

Xaat Xuun
04-15-2014, 08:22 PM
okay back from doing a Kenn Farm Siege,(EGO 112) I didn't notice any threat level showing, and I did not have the same problems with dealing damage like I did with my 14XX Ego main.
I dunno, maybe everyone are playing their low EGO characters now :eek:

was DC for some reason, dunno what happen because I had to leave the room for a moment, and came back seeing I was no longer connected (lost connection message).