PDA

View Full Version : The lag is awful but...

jackiesaw
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Come on people. What game doesn't have issues on day 1? I've looked forward to this game just as much as anyone and I've only got to play a few minutes because of lag. It's not the end of the world though. Just wait a few days and then get back on. Arguing with each other on the forums won't help anything. Just my 2 cents.

dominick324
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I do find it kind of hilarious the back and forth. It always looks something like:

"The lag is so bad why didn't they have this worked out"

"Silly xbox gamer have you never dabbled in an MMO before? There are always issues first day"

"I paid full price for a game not to test it but to play it"

"Then turn it back in we don't need you whining about everything"

"(Insert insult here)"

"(Insert grammar correction and insult here"

Then it digresses even more from that point.

The funny thing is both sides are right. MMOs are incredibly tough to make stable on day 1, but at the same time the game company should deliver a game that works as advertised right away.

lxI MYTH Ixl
04-02-2013, 09:07 PM
To be fair (not that I agree with the whining), this is the first MMO on the XBox. The non PC gamer has no clue what to expect. Very much used to popping in the disk and playing. They do need to look before they speak though. We don't need a hundred threads about the one issue that is happening.

Forsaken Demon
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
To be fair (not that I agree with the whining), this is the first MMO on the XBox. The non PC gamer has no clue what to expect. Very much used to popping in the disk and playing. They do need to look before they speak though. We don't need a hundred threads about the one issue that is happening.

1. This is not the first MMO for xbox. Haven't you ever heard of Phantasy Star Universe? 2. The lag issue was supposed to have been dealt with in the beta. It was complete garbage on day 1 but after it worked wonderfully. There shouldn't be so much in the full game.

jackiesaw
04-02-2013, 09:18 PM
They have the right to complain but use some common sense. I remember when everyone was pissed about halo 4's servers. A week later they were fixed. I hope this game is the same way. What I've gotten to play has been awesome. But until then I have plenty of other things I can do to keep myself entertained. People act like not being able to play a game is the worst thing that could possibly happen to them.

Classymadman
04-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I do find it kind of hilarious the back and forth. It always looks something like:

"Silly xbox gamer have you never dabbled in an MMO before? There are always issues first day"

"(Insert insult here)"

The funny thing is both sides are right. MMOs are incredibly tough to make stable on day 1, but at the same time the game company should deliver a game that works as advertised right away.

This forum has become a place of entertainment now. so many people getting butt hurt and arguing over everything is quite hilarious to read. this place is like youtube without videos, just comments... Delicious

lxI MYTH Ixl
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
1. This is not the first MMO for xbox. Haven't you ever heard of Phantasy Star Universe? 2. The lag issue was supposed to have been dealt with in the beta. It was complete garbage on day 1 but after it worked wonderfully. There shouldn't be so much in the full game.

Aww. I think I have the frosting you need to eat with your cake around here somewhere. When you can do a better job at trying to fix these issues then speak up. They are working on fixing the issue. If that isn't good enough for you then go to Gamestop get your $20 for the game and stop whining.

jackiesaw
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Btw I'm not a pc gamer at all, but anyone who has played an online game could've saw this coming. ESPECISLLY with an mmo.

jackiesaw
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Especially* dumb phone lol

Aesthetikz
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM

"(Insert insult here)"

HaHa! That's spot on.

I kind of expected lag to be an issue.
The Console Beta had major lag at arkfalls for Me when there was a lot of players on the screen.