PDA

View Full Version : Every enemy is a grind...

KylieDog
04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Seriously just throwing masses of high HP enemies at people is plain boring. Standing there taking 4 times as long to do what it did before patch.

What is the incentive to bother with this?

wartitan
04-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm also not really noticing any new tactics, they just seem to hit harder with their normal tactics. Some of the hellbugs warriors are now mini monarchs with their attacks, and the smelters have now become archers in addition to just flamethrowing. But other than that, haven't noticed much in the way of additional tactics.

neko_gunner
04-15-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm going to concur. I played the contract mission where you have save the guy on top of his house. I started alone and there were an extra number of skitterlings. Also, they were significantly harder to kill. I think they were "superior" tier. Pumping lots of AR rounds did little.

When the pheromone sacks were destroyed, the number of skitterlings that normally are there seemed to have doubled - trippled in addition to being tougher. Now two other players show up. By the time the second wave of bigger hellbugs ("here come the big ones!!!") We're still working on skitterlings and the number of these guys went up by at least two and they are harder to kill. We kill one or two and it seems another fills his spot. Finally get them down to two and then five of the blue ones show up.

After I finished this contract I fast traveled to "repair" and sell...and logged out for what may be the last time. I'm disappointed in this update. Rather than add real content or storyline in any way shape or form the game is turned into a grind train.

I can't solo play which is why I loved this game. Guess I'll go back to SW:TOR. At least when I subscribe to that game I get tangible benefits and perks.

Tsort
04-15-2014, 05:14 PM
(...) an extra number of skitterlings. Also, they were significantly harder to kill. I think they were "superior" tier. Pumping lots of AR rounds did little. (...)
This is so depressing. It makes no sense. Whatsoever. Skitterling tanks........... F*ck it.

Seizan
04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Everything seems so superficial...

Want to make enemies more challenging? Sure, we would welcome that if it was done right. But this?

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the bullet sponge patch.
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/bullet-sponge_zps91e053a2.jpg

Tsort
04-15-2014, 05:30 PM
We tried to warn them, we did all we could Bone. We did our part. :/

wartitan
04-15-2014, 06:23 PM
It's not like it was a surprise that this is a bullet sponge patch, and I know I for one believed you guys about it. It's disappointing that it is this way, too bad Trion didn't listen to you guys...

oasis387
04-15-2014, 10:59 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/bullet-sponge_zps91e053a2.jpg

funny stuff... wonder how much thatll cost in the defiance store?

Deunan
04-15-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm going to concur.What kind of nano effect weapons were you using. If you're not opening up with bio nano weapons on scaled mobs you're doing it wrong and it will make it painfully long to kill some of them. If you're using electrical nano weapons on them then you are just an absolute glutton for punishment. They have zero business being in anyone's loadout for a hellbug event.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 01:48 AM
But if you have no bio weapons anywhere near your ego rating you're kind of screwed. I just did the happy pow farms main mission and it took forever. I almost quit from boredom. Run, dodge roll, shoot, add nauseum. Same old bugs now with bullet spongy goodness. I really think this might have been a good idea with the scaling and difficulty but it's implementation is poorly conceived and executed to put it kindly.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
But if you have no bio weapons anywhere near your ego rating you're kind of screwed.
Even if you have the BEST legendary bio weapon matching your EGO. But the game never told you how necessary Bio was. It actually never told you what it does, period. So you don't use it.

Remember my thread about my fave sawn-off with the "purple make-mob-disappear" nano? I don't know what that nano does. I don't even now its name. Is that radiation or syphon? I did read guides, I browse the forum daily, I studied BMG and rolls stats, I never missed patch notes... I just never took the time to learn the nanos. Never bothered with them because I like shrapnel, plain bullets, or good old Pyro, which is the most explicit.

The amount of expertise this game now expects from all players is uncanny. How can casual / new players guess that the "green" stuff means "armor buster" and is a must-have as their first weapon? How long will it take them to understand they have to stop firing electricity once shields are down? When were they told that syphon leeches life, before they scrap it just looking at damage on the card? I'm afraid many of them will not stay around long enough to learn all that.

It's great that this DLC gave more challenge and incetive to play to high EGO players. Some of these guys are thrilled right now. Big fish in a small tank, and soon there won't be any little fish left.

shingara
04-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Well this patch change is just stupid, just done the quest on the farm, the one where you go get the guy for the lawkeeper and he runs around and gathers stuff for you and then a matron and tons of other ambush you at the end. Know the one i mean ??

Well 1 and half hours to kill a matron, i used nade launchers, cold fire weps, sniper rifle, assault rifles, smgs, cluster launchers, if i had it in my inv i pulled it out and used it. I might aswell have been throwing tins of baked beans at it for the damage i was doing. I even pulled my car out at one point and ram raided it (kid you not, it made the biggest dint). Now my damage in essence is no different to before on my new char but the health the mob had and the mitigation and the pure number of adds spawning was insane.

And when i say an hour an half, i dont mean the part before where you kill all the nests then get the guy and patrol around with him, i mean simply the matron stage at the end.

It doesnt feel fun anymore, it feels like an asian grinder.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 03:48 AM
I even pulled my car out at one point and ram raided it.
I lol'ed! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

BTW it's a monarch, not a matron. How hard did the hellbug pod hit? One-shot i guess?

shingara
04-16-2014, 03:53 AM
I only died once, and that was due to the tails at the back, you know them tinticle things that spit, 8 of them spawned and 6 archers with 6 of the mini tank ones. by the time i realised they had spawned i had about 400 bombs land on my head so goodnight viena.

All i can honestly say is thank god an ammo box spawns right on the boulder or else it would have taken longer. And yes, monarch not matron, thanks.

I mean its all fine and dandy if trion say well you need x for this and x for that but when your on a new char you only have what you have looted so far. Top end i can see this being great but whilst leveling you might aswell smash your face into the desk.

If its not the mobs who seem to have gained super powers where they can catch bullets with there teeth, its the unkillable volge in the starter areas who seem to have events slam bang ontop of new player quests and on the roads who have a 50/50 chance of it being a boss who will just blue charge through your vehicle as your driving past.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 05:51 AM
Remember my thread about my fave sawn-off with the "purple make-mob-disappear" nano? I don't know what that nano does. I don't even now its name. Is that radiation or syphon?
BTW guys, this is a genuine question.

bigguy
04-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Tsort the nano you speak of is syphon.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Tsort the nano you speak of is syphon.All of my 10+ characters thank you.

Noble_One
04-16-2014, 06:16 AM
What kind of nano effect weapons were you using. If you're not opening up with bio nano weapons on scaled mobs you're doing it wrong and it will make it painfully long to kill some of them. If you're using electrical nano weapons on them then you are just an absolute glutton for punishment. They have zero business being in anyone's loadout for a hellbug event.

forgive me im still new but purchased the game when it was on sale in steam about 2 and half weeks ago but before this patch element on the weapon really didnt mean squat in killing your enemy. yeah it helped to kill them slightly faster but any gun could kill any enemy with relative ease which was the point behind the weapons. now though it seems to not really matter in which gun you choose ALL are gonna seem like it takes way to many clips to take down what should be dead in 3 secs. skrittling hellbugs should NOT take a half or even a full clip of AR/smg ammo. i get that yea the game is suppose to be stronger and challenging for you but THIS is on border of Dark/Demon Souls challenging in terms of mob difficulty.

and just as example i did kenn farm incursion (from start mission to end). now normally i could go through and go down at most once (and thats if i was being stupid with my sword) and my big boomer would just clear anything. now?.... i went down bout 7 times BEFORE the farm and when i got to the farm went down from ONE missile shot from the big guys (which leads me to ask did they increase the radius of the blast... forget the fact there are TWO now). the only GOOD thing i see that came for this patch is weapon leveling is pure cake walk for all lowbies (ego 1700 and proud). my grenade launcher was level 9 before i did kenn farm incursion.... its hit level 17 when i finished.

needless to say even though i just got this game this patch just made me want to stay away for bit till they iron out some things.

wartitan
04-16-2014, 06:32 AM
For reference, since there seems to be question about what icon corresponds to what nano. This was pulled from defiancedata.com and includes the changes with the patch.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/damage_type/Biological.png Biological
Slows down enemies and reduces the damage they inflict while under its effect. PATCH NOTES: Bio effects make armor more brittle and less durable..

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/damage_type/Electrical.png Electrical (Not sure if the stun still applies, haven't used it since the patch)
Stuns the enemy and other nearby enemies. If used against a player it removes their HUD. PATCH NOTES: Electrical effects make targets more vulnerable to shield damage.
http://www.defiancedata.com/images/damage_type/Incendiary.png Incendiary
Sets the enemy on fire, damaging them while they are ablaze. PATCH NOTES: Fire effects make targets more vulnerable to health damage.
http://www.defiancedata.com/images/damage_type/Radiation.png Radiation
Increases the damage the enemies take while under its effect. PATCH NOTES: Radiation effects make attacks bypass some of a targetís armor.
http://www.defiancedata.com/images/damage_type/Syphon.png Syphon (There wasn't a patch note on this, so not sure what the change is since the patch)
Takes life away from the enemy and uses it to repair your shields and increase health.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Oh. Bio isn't green after all. :)

bigguy
04-16-2014, 06:44 AM
I agree with Tsort the noobs arent going to have enough time to figure out what to do and wont stick around long enough to figure it out.

When i was new in the game last april it took a while to find out what a nano was and what it did and right now that info is very important . Even now when i have very extensive experience i spent several hours last night experimenting with the best nanos for different mobs , and im not done yet. The noobs arent going to be able to do that and they wont have the previous knowledge i have from looking at the alpha threads. I feel bad for the noobs.

Copperpot
04-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Yeah us low egos will be relegated to being wussy healer boys. And noone wants to be that guy.

Quebra Regra
04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Well this patch change is just stupid, just done the quest on the farm, the one where you go get the guy for the lawkeeper and he runs around and gathers stuff for you and then a matron and tons of other ambush you at the end. Know the one i mean ??

Well 1 and half hours to kill a matron, i used nade launchers, cold fire weps, sniper rifle, assault rifles, smgs, cluster launchers, if i had it in my inv i pulled it out and used it. I might aswell have been throwing tins of baked beans at it for the damage i was doing. I even pulled my car out at one point and ram raided it (kid you not, it made the biggest dint). Now my damage in essence is no different to before on my new char but the health the mob had and the mitigation and the pure number of adds spawning was insane.

And when i say an hour an half, i dont mean the part before where you kill all the nests then get the guy and patrol around with him, i mean simply the matron stage at the end.

It doesnt feel fun anymore, it feels like an asian grinder.

I don't know you, but I salute your post for it's authenticity!

"this patch change is just stupid"... That cannot be overstated.

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm hesitant to disagree...I'll explain.

While in the open world the scaling is a bit on the ridiculous side and definitely needs looking into. i did Parrabas solo in about the same time it normally took. Did it again with some clan and a random 5k barney, and it took twice as long with 1/2 the reward.

I'm happy with parts of the patch. Expert Co-ops are a ****in' blast! And, if you're new to the game, you shouldn't attempt them.