PDA

View Full Version : One last issue before I'm off to bed....

Tsort
04-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Ok one last thing...

1/ The new EGO scaling (and the need to scrap older weapons for better ones very frequently at low EGO)...
2/ The useless lower EGO inventory collection buffed to 75% instead of 100%, and arkforges needed to make up for it...
3/ The armor plating system (and how you should frequently go back to town to refill it)...

None of that is explained in-game.

Casual players (and newcomers) won't know what hit them.

Not everybody logs in here (especially console players I guess).
Not everybody reads patch notes.

You have to give that info to the players, especially when it's as big of a change as it is now.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Apparently they disagree.

CM Kiwibird
04-15-2014, 07:31 PM

You have to give that info to the players, especially when it's as big of a change as it is now.

I've seen confusion over this, so I will be bringing this up. Appreciate the post, thanks!

Iceberg
04-15-2014, 07:44 PM
I would suggest adding something to the tutorial and also some sort of pop up for players who login after patching with that sort of information who are already past the tutorial. There was a lot of confusion in chat today.

DSW
04-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Ok one last thing...

1/ The new EGO scaling (and the need to scrap older weapons for better ones very frequently at low EGO)...
2/ The useless lower EGO inventory collection buffed to 75% instead of 100%, and arkforges needed to make up for it...
3/ The armor plating system (and how you should frequently go back to town to refill it)...

None of that is explained in-game.

i've already had to explain some new mechanics to players @ pc eu just about 2 hours after it went live. seems like they really don't read patch notes or decided that it another tl;dr list of bugfixes.

though what really surprised me is that some people were still unaware of DLC5 before they saw a maintenance notification banner.

Deunan
04-16-2014, 12:40 AM
I've seen confusion over this, so I will be bringing this up. Appreciate the post, thanks!You should discuss the possibility of putting not only an overview of how dynamic scaling works in the beginning tutorials, but how nano effects now work in the game. They can have a profound impact on the player experience in an extremely negative way if they don't understand it and I saw a lot of players tonight on PC NA server that were apparently clueless about how relevant they are to gameplay now.

Tsort
04-16-2014, 12:42 AM
i've already had to explain some new mechanics to players @ pc eu just about 2 hours after it went live. seems like they really don't read patch notes or decided that it another tl;dr list of bugfixes.

though what really surprised me is that some people were still unaware of DLC5 before they saw a maintenance notification banner.
Patch notes and other info are in English. There was the guy in the French section here that asked in which slots he could equip armors pieces and where to find them because he had seen the armor repair stations and got confused. I'm not sure patch notes are even translated in the launcher, are they?

Nevertheless, Iceberg's suggestions are exactly what I had in mind.

On the bright side, there was a news update on Steam for this DLC. \o/

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 02:08 AM
I agree the tutorial needs a LOT of work now that the game has changed so much but I can't see them spending the money on that.
I see them just letting it run the way it is.

DSW
04-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Patch notes and other info are in English. There was the guy in the French section here that asked in which slots he could equip armors pieces and where to find them because he had seen the armor repair stations and got confused. I'm not sure patch notes are even translated in the launcher, are they?

Nevertheless, Iceberg's suggestions are exactly what I had in mind.

On the bright side, there was a news update on Steam for this DLC. \o/
well, i was explaining it in english. i don't know french and only a couple of words in german :)

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 05:18 AM
There was a lot of confusion in chat today.

I happened to see a lot of "I'm done with this f***ing game" in chat yesterday...

Tsort
04-16-2014, 05:33 AM
I happened to see a lot of "I'm done with this f***ing game" in chat yesterday...
I'm sure glad chat was fixed in time. It was worth it.

Thearl
04-16-2014, 06:15 AM

There was chat?

Well, I logged in to see what happened to all my old low EGO OJs.... Every single mastery got rerolled. The OJs I had kept were kept because I liked the roll. VBI AR w/ 30% vehicle damage... Infector w/ 1.10% Crit.....

So I take the time to remaster my Infector and.... I now have an infector with 30% vehicle damage and it cost 75 AF to reroll??? Screw You Trion. Or Screw Me, I guess.

TheOz
04-16-2014, 06:37 AM
I've seen confusion over this, so I will be bringing this up. Appreciate the post, thanks!

Thank You Kiwi!

I had to text this info about once an hour to 4 separate, very confused, clanmates last night. We're on the PS3 and I DON'T have a keyboard plugged in, very tedious. Maybe make a mandatory video the player has to watch after the patch. It can be short and direct them to the patch notes here but, let them know why a bio saw suddenly needs 200+ bullets to kill one raider on Expert. Or tell them what Arkforge is. Or tell them what Armor is. Or tell them what Expert is.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THIS IS HOLY, can we please have an increase in sniper ammo? Only 50 sniper bullets is a cruel joke while using an OJ BIO Ranger.
Please . . . http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/off-camber-off-topic/721060d1346559081-best-mtbr-wtf-begging.jpg

Lastly, scaling seems broken. I felt no middle ground. A couple of times it didn't seem like enemies scaled at all even though I was in a sea of Arkhunters, happened with both my 5k and 1.7k chars. Other times, well, having to refill my AR ammo 6 times in ONE diablo oil site clear is kinda ridiculous.

This latest patch has made things interesting, to say the least. ;)

TheOz
04-16-2014, 06:46 AM

VERY true.

Storm58
04-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Same sort of things happened when the WM popped up for the first time. Yes, it would be great to have some sort of explanation or an area in 'Help' (or whatever section that is) that tells all about the most recent changes with a popup to the user, upon entering the world, that they should check that out.

It was in the patch notes to be read while patching though.

And a tutorial update would be great as well.

TheOz
04-16-2014, 07:04 AM
Same sort of things happened when the WM popped up for the first time. Yes, it would be great to have some sort of explanation or an area in 'Help' (or whatever section that is) that tells all about the most recent changes with a popup to the user, upon entering the world, that they should check that out.

It was in the patch notes to be read while patching though.

And a tutorial update would be great as well.

You are right about the Disco Monkey and the confusion then. This is different though. The monkey is completely avoidable. This latest patch has changed the entire game and EVERY ENEMY on a fundamental level and CAN'T be avoided. A little help should have been provided for non-forum goers.

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 07:06 AM
There was chat?

Yeah... orange/yellow colored, located in the lower right side of the screen.

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 07:16 AM

It was an all-out rage fest on PS3. On the upside, made a few new friends and talked to a lot of people I hadn't seen in awhile. Unfortunately VERY many of them are either going to take a break or quit completely. It's hilarious and tragic at the same time. I myself am taking a 2-week break for 2 reasons - 1) in hopes Trion will wise up and scale back the sponge bullets; and 2) they AGAIN missed the Sony deadline so I have to wait 2 weeks to buy DLC. IF I buy it of course. If I'm going to grind and die a lot on my 5K I'm not going to do it until I can be earning and using those cores that no one can spell.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Yeah... orange/yellow colored, located in the lower right side of the screen.

It was more entertaining than the game last night for sure.

TheOz
04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
. . . Unfortunately VERY many of them are either going to take a break or quit completely. It's hilarious and tragic at the same time. . . .

Working as intended?

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 07:32 AM
There was chat?

Well, I logged in to see what happened to all my old low EGO OJs.... Every single mastery got rerolled. The OJs I had kept were kept because I liked the roll. VBI AR w/ 30% vehicle damage... Infector w/ 1.10% Crit.....

So I take the time to remaster my Infector and.... I now have an infector with 30% vehicle damage and it cost 75 AF to reroll??? Screw You Trion. Or Screw Me, I guess.

Wait, what? Is this TRUE? Did ALL of my weapons get new mastery with the 75% EGO auto-level? That can't be right. I inspected my inventory just to see that it was all there and got EGO'd up but didn't think about checking mastery...didn't play really anyway, was lost in a sea of chat for a couple hours before I went away to do other more enjoyable things.

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 07:34 AM
Working as intended?

Seems like. Keep the hardcores around, keep the whales around and forget the rest of us. What The Company might not understand is that hardcore players are NOT whales. And whales aren't going to stick around to die every 10 seconds. They got better stuff to do.

Thearl
04-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Wait, what? Is this TRUE? Did ALL of my weapons get new mastery with the 75% EGO auto-level?

I can't speak for PS3. I can't speak for anyone else on PC-NA like I was either, but I can say that my OJ FRC, VBI AR, Infector, Auto Lobber, and Derailer that (even though they were pre-patch) I had held on to because the synergy/mastery/nano combo worked for one of my builds have all had the mastery cleared and I'm going to regrind them.

When someone spends their season pass Arkforge on leveling a favorite - let us know if you lose the mastery :)

DSW
04-16-2014, 03:13 PM
I can't speak for PS3. I can't speak for anyone else on PC-NA like I was either, but I can say that my OJ FRC, VBI AR, Infector, Auto Lobber, and Derailer that (even though they were pre-patch) I had held on to because the synergy/mastery/nano combo worked for one of my builds have all had the mastery cleared and I'm going to regrind them.

When someone spends their season pass Arkforge on leveling a favorite - let us know if you lose the mastery :)

leveled some guns, lost none of masteries. and i think i've done about 10 mastery resets on my purple wolfie and 2.5x crit rifle