PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of DLC 5

Nefarious
04-15-2014, 05:40 PM
The DLC and the new update is awesome.

At first I was very wary of the idea of the whole level progression thing, but I have to admit it feels pretty damn cool to go to threat level 3-5 area and be a total hero with my lvl 5000+ character.

Anyway, right away I joined Liberate the Lost on Expert and made an announcement for other players to join. Now I have this insane Syphon Thunder and through out the whole course Ive had it Ive never felt the need to use anything else since it vaporizes everything. That was no longer the case any more with my first encounter against Expert Mutants. I actually needed to use a Bio SMG to remove their Armor Plates then switch to my Thunder to put work on them.

So the first few lengthy shoot outs in Liberate the Lost gave a real fun battle experience. The enemies were not just some lame plebs to use as target practice. They felt equal to an Ark Hunter in that they could actually kill you.

Then came to the point when you have to open up the doors and the alarm goes off. I knew this was going to be hell with an endless wave of Expert tier enemies. Right as I opened my chat box to tell my team to wait so we could fortify a plan it was to late and they rushed to open the door. Falling back would be an understatement of what needed to be done next, more like we got thrown out like unwanted party guest at a Biker meet that sent us all the way back to the other end of the hall. It was the craziest battle I ever been in thus far in Defiance. At one point I went for broke and just ran through the crowd of mutants all while just holding down the trigger and hip firing my 200 mag Syphon Thunder so I could make my way pass them to deactivate the Alarm. Felt like a total hero making my way through the crowd of bad guys and getting it done.

After the dust settled a bit is when the 2 Bio Men came out. I blitz the first Bio Man in the beginning of the level with Flash Grenades and we killed him quick. But my grenade resources were far gone at this point. My 3 team mates full of gusto went head to head with them both to test their might. One of my teammates got mowed down and the other 2 realized quick of how much fire power the Bio men had from the damage they took. I thought to myself "Finally, Bio Men are the Super Soldiers they were meant to truly be."

Fast forward to Piercer, it was a whole new experience. Usually this guy is dead within a minute and no one takes a scratch. My team was in a rush to jump in quick. Things started off good but in a chain of events we died. Then we died again....I tried to type in chat but my team mates were shooting at me to get in the circle to give it another go...ok...so we went in and died. Same scenario again where I tried to type to them, they get pissed and shoot at me, we rush in and all die....

Dying a bunch of times really took the gust out of their sails. They were not in a rush to jump into the circle and go back in. They just stood there. One player typed. "I don't think we can beat him.". Finally I had a chance to talk to them and Quarter Back this thing. Told them to equip One for All and Combat Medic Perks. And explained that we have to kill all of the 'goons' first before we knock Piercer down to the next tier or else we would be overwhelmed. And with a little bit of team work we got it done on that try.

It was a first in Defiance. Actually planning and team work was needed for once for the actually game itself other then a scenario in being part of a group that's just trying to grind or cheat the game. No more one man shows. No more willy-nilly-eazy-peezy game play. It was a challenge and a fun one at that.

I really like the update. And I could get into a whole other story of being at Parraba Farm with a threat level 10, me on top of the house (because I saw the movie Treamors) and watching other players get downed left and right below by Warriors.

On another note 99ers feel a littler easier then the other factions and would be nice if they got a bit of a boost. I was surprised not to see Ark/Elite Black Lung bombs explode on impact, I was expecting that from them. I don't feel a difference when fighting them.

And also I don't know if this would be good or bad but imo I think its kinda lame that only Bio Nano affects armor plates and other weapons should do some damage to them.

thejx4
04-15-2014, 05:58 PM
One thing I can say is that there should have been a mission explaining the scaling and how to prepare for it. Most people's current loadouts will not be a good fit for all the new changes. I'm about to completely start over, lol. I have to actually plan stuff out like it's an MMO/RPG.

Loving it so far though, played through my first incursion today, insane fun. Loved the teamwork. 20 people attacking an Ark Viscera was beautiful. People changing and placing spikes based on what other people had.....and not a single mic was on besides mine. But yeah, the scaling needs a little tweaking. I'm in the 2000s, when I get boosted when there are a lot of players/enemies, I don't really do much to enemies with a lot of armor. Like uh, Ark Trooper x7 armor? Yeah, not worth it. For the most part I love the changes, but obviously its not perfect. It's a huge step in the right direction. Now we just have to reward healers and make it fun, so people actually use BMGs. That's the thing missing in all of this. The Healer role sucks. Why not have a BMG that provides you with a bubble shield that grows stronger with the more people you're healing at once?

Nefarious
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
One thing I can say is that there should have been a mission explaining the scaling and how to prepare for it. Most people's current loadouts will not be a good fit for all the new changes. I'm about to completely start over, lol. I have to actually plan stuff out like it's an MMO/RPG.

Loving it so far though, played through my first incursion today, insane fun. Loved the teamwork. 20 people attacking an Ark Viscera was beautiful. People changing and placing spikes based on what other people had.....and not a single mic was on besides mine. But yeah, the scaling needs a little tweaking. I'm in the 2000s, when I get boosted when there are a lot of players/enemies, I don't really do much to enemies with a lot of armor. Like uh, Ark Trooper x7 armor? Yeah, not worth it. For the most part I love the changes, but obviously its not perfect. It's a huge step in the right direction. Now we just have to reward healers and make it fun, so people actually use BMGs. That's the thing missing in all of this. The Healer role sucks. Why not have a BMG that provides you with a bubble shield that grows stronger with the more people you're healing at once?

You don't need to start a whole new character. You can reset your perk points. You will keep your Ego level and you will retain all your points and get to reallocate them to whatever you want. Fresh start.

Yeah BMGs need some tweaking along with Ego Spikes in that a player should be awarded points if other players benefit from his/her spike.

CM Kiwibird
04-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't know if this would be good or bad but imo I think its kinda lame that only Bio Nano affects armor plates and other weapons should do some damage to them.

Hey, thanks for the informative post! :o

thejx4
04-15-2014, 06:17 PM
You don't need to start a whole new character. You can reset your perk points. You will keep your Ego level and you will retain all your points and get to reallocate them to whatever you want. Fresh start.

Yeah BMGs need some tweaking along with Ego Spikes in that a player should be awarded points if other players benefit from his/her spike.

Well it's a "new game" in a certain sense, so starting over is something I'm actually interested in doing. I wanted to do it before I heard about the DLC but once I read what was changing I decided to wait. It's not just about the perks. My inventory is full. My loadouts are all setup for pre-AR Defiance. It'd be a lot easier to prepare if I just started from scratch instead of trying to find what works and what doesn't, all at once.

BJWyler
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM

I guess congratulations are in order. I have been part of many games and their forums where groups of players have desired a game to be changed to suit their needs instead of accepting the game for what it was and enjoying it or moving on to something else that was more in line with their desires. This may be the first time in MMO history where a group of players demanding more of a challenge convinced the devs to change the nature of the game.

Many players like myself enjoyed logging into Defiance and playing in a casual manner as much as we could. Personally, I looked forward to every day that I was able to log in and play, which fortunately was just about every day. However, this is no longer the game that we enjoyed to that extent. This is no longer the game that I enjoyed playing on an almost daily basis. Congratulations, you and the players like yourself have gotten the game you always wanted. I will gracefully bow out at this point and wish you and Defiance all the best in your future adventures.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Well it's a "new game" in a certain sense, so starting over is something I'm actually interested in doing. I wanted to do it before I heard about the DLC but once I read what was changing I decided to wait. It's not just about the perks. My inventory is full. My loadouts are all setup for pre-AR Defiance. It'd be a lot easier to prepare if I just started from scratch instead of trying to find what works and what doesn't, all at once.

And you will find out how much fun Defiance is for a low level toon.

thejx4
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
And you will find out how much fun Defiance is for a low level toon.

You guys keep saying this to me like I don't already die at the EGO level I'm at now. Like I said the scaling has issues but I'm not about to be a crybaby like the rest of you and call it quits the day it goes live. I didn't quit when it was too easy and I'm not gonna quit because it's too hard.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:48 PM
So it's too hard?

thejx4
04-15-2014, 06:55 PM
So it's too hard?

No, but apparently for some of you it is. I was making a comparison. I didn't quit when it was too easy/you guys are quitting when it's "too hard". I had to extract twice in 3 hours, revived 3 times. Only ran incursions, scaled up to 4,750. I think I did alright. One of the biggest issues is that no one is healing, and no one has teamwork centric perks equipped because they were generally useless before. When I saw 5 people downed at once, I equipped the revive 1, revive all perk.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155770-A-Challenge.-Nothing-More-Nothing-Less.

Angeleus09
04-15-2014, 06:59 PM
That's pretty encouraging to hear, Nef, thanks for sharing. It's especially good to hear that the feeling of a challenge is now present and that the scaling only needs tweaking rather then it being a complete muck up.

I won't get a chance to play until later this week but I'm definitely looking forward to game discussions revolving around perk choices, weapon choices and strategic loadout setups for Situation X as opposed to Situation Z.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
No, but apparently for some of you it is. I was making a comparison. I didn't quit when it was too easy/you guys are quitting when it's "too hard". I had to extract twice in 3 hours, revived 3 times. Only ran incursions, scaled up to 4,750. I think I did alright. One of the biggest issues is that no one is healing, and no one has teamwork centric perks equipped because they were generally useless before. When I saw 5 people downed at once, I equipped the revive 1, revive all perk.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155770-A-Challenge.-Nothing-More-Nothing-Less.

Thanks for the clarification Jx.

CRIXDA
04-15-2014, 07:05 PM
EGO 3,450 when I logged in this afternoon.
I was trepidatious, and excited.
I had some chores to handle before I got to play but I threw my earpiece on and listened to Zugo and Chevota laughing and sounding like some excited children who just found a new and fun game that I was dying to experience immediately!
( Zugo and Chevota ARE excited children anyway )
I finished peeling my potatos for dinner and cleaning the cat box ( yuck! ) and WASHED MY HANDS and grabbed my controller to start my "Progressive March" toward uninstalling Defiance.
Well.
Not anytime soon!
I looked around after claiming my Arkforge and goodies and decided which weapons and sheild would be the most beneficial and the process was easy and quick.
Old School Pop, Wartitan and I hit a Major Arkbreak and I found out what all of the giggles were about.
TRION ROCKED THIS.
I had a blast OUTSIDE the Arkbreak, but when We got inside....
!!!! TIHS YLOH !!!! It was some of the best action that I have had and the most fun. Ark Visceras stood on the spawn points and pimp-slapped anyone who even DARED to get into the joint. Bombers rained hell on us and It was one wild fight.
Purple dots flashed on the radar like blips from "missile command" and there was no helping them....there was no help coming for US!
We eventually pushed them back and went down the garbage disposal to fight Grape Ape.
He was the same but scaled up.

Even the fights at the Monolith were nice, the Apex Monarchs (Landsharks) at Diablo are fun too.
I am enjoying this DLC upon first impression, let's see how it goes from here.

Mike Farad
04-15-2014, 07:07 PM

ya, I was impressed overall that many situations require tactics now if there are a lot of people that scale things up. Wherever I go I check the threat meter even though I got a high ego toon, those skitterlings are no pushovers.
Just wished the scaled up enemies drop more rare stuff than green or whites.

CM Kiwibird
04-15-2014, 07:13 PM

It's great to hear that from you, CRIXDA. Keep us updated.

thejx4
04-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification Jx.

No problem. Don't get me wrong, I understood everyone's concerns before the update went live, but they went about it as if they'd already played it. They read all the PTS threads and only picked out the negative parts.

My only serious complaint besides the scaling issues, is that the perks are a paid feature. Not a huge fan of that. The damage-type/armor relationship needs a lot of tweaking as is, and those perks seem like they would balance out the damage the way it should be. That's really the only thing that seemed like a money grab. Other than that, I see a huge missed opportunity here, a new EGO power or something. I think taking control of enemies would be really cool. Not using them, but making them fight for you. Maybe after you get their health down to a certain point. One can dream...

Getting a little off topic. :)

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
No problem. Don't get me wrong, I understood everyone's concerns before the update went live, but they went about it as if they'd already played it. They read all the PTS threads and only picked out the negative parts.

My only serious complaint besides the scaling issues, is that the perks are a paid feature. Not a huge fan of that. The damage-type/armor relationship needs a lot of tweaking as is, and those perks seem like they would balance out the damage the way it should be. That's really the only thing that seemed like a money grab. Other than that, I see a huge missed opportunity here, a new EGO power or something. I think taking control of enemies would be really cool. Not using them, but making them fight for you. Maybe after you get their health down to a certain point. One can dream...

Getting a little off topic. :)

KInd of like the siren mind lock thing in bl2.

thejx4
04-15-2014, 07:17 PM
KInd of like the siren mind lock thing in bl2.

Man that game bored me to death. Lacked the charm of the first game in my opinion. Wasn't really fun either.
Quick question, are you on console?

JEMINAI
04-15-2014, 07:33 PM
so how is it for low ego?

Angeleus09
04-15-2014, 07:38 PM

Wait...wait.......seriously just hold up.

Did I just see CRIXDA say something positive about Defiance? Then this patch must be pretty awesome! If I see Arsenic_Touch, Lillith Valerian, bonehead and ironcladtrash all say something similar then I fear my heart might not be able to take the shock.

ironcladtrash
04-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Wait...wait.......seriously just hold up.

Did I just see CRIXDA say something positive about Defiance? Then this patch must be pretty awesome! If I see Arsenic_Touch, Lillith Valerian, bonehead and ironcladtrash all say something similar then I fear my heart might not be able to take the shock.

Lol. I actually like a lot of the stuff in this patch. It's great they finally give high EGO players things to do and not be punished. I like the legendary vendor weapons and mods. I like the expert co op maps too.

There is always a BUT though. It was nice of them to listen to us and upgraded our low EGO weapons to 75% instead of nothing but it should have been 100%. The ark forge is a disgusting money grab and is insanely expensive. It's about $40 for 1000. We earn it in game too slow to use weapons we already earned in game. If You want to upgrade your weapons it's going to be months to earn enough ark forge. This is a bad departure from the whole year when we could use any weapon.

There are a lot off issues with scaling and I don't always want to play in hard mode. We couldn't even make into the WM earlier because time ran out, outside. There were only a couple us all fighting about 10+ Ark Viscera and couldn't do much of anything to them. Next time there was more of us there and no Ark Visceras spawned.

They also broke how shields have worked for stats and rarities.

I think I balanced that out enough to save your heart. :)

CRIXDA
04-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Awwww. See, now he dundunit.
Angeleus,
Is You crazy?
I loves me some Defiance!
I play this piece EVERYDAY and I hate to miss it.
Silly pants. My only issues are with cement-heads around here who do that "fishing" thing...uh...yeah.....Trolling, that's it - and a lot of the Standards and Practices of "The Company".
That is when I get put into the metaphorical penalty box around here.
Other than that, I LOVE Defiance and I only want what is best for this game.
In all honesty, You can dig into the "vault" and find post that I used to put up in which I crusaded to "stamp out the negativity".
Funny stuff, too.
The more that You hang around and see what goes on, the more jaded and cynical You become and that is what happens to us all ( pretty much ).
BUT!!!:
This new DLC is a jai-normous step in the right direction!

No champagne yet, but I wouldn't mind some if there happened to be some around....

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 09:25 PM

IMHO it sucks the root.

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Man that game bored me to death. Lacked the charm of the first game in my opinion. Wasn't really fun either.
Quick question, are you on console?

Nope. PC. .

Angeleus09
04-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Lol. I actually like a lot of the stuff in this patch. It's great they finally give high EGO players things to do and not be punished. I like the legendary vendor weapons and mods. I like the expert co op maps too.

There is always a BUT though. It was nice of them to listen to us and upgraded our low EGO weapons to 75% instead of nothing but it should have been 100%. The ark forge is a disgusting money grab and is insanely expensive. It's about $40 for 1000. We earn it in game too slow to use weapons we already earned in game. If You want to upgrade your weapons it's going to be months to earn enough ark forge. This is a bad departure from the whole year when we could use any weapon.

There are a lot off issues with scaling and I don't always want to play in hard mode. We couldn't even make into the WM earlier because time ran out, outside. There were only a couple us all fighting about 10+ Ark Viscera and couldn't do much of anything to them. Next time there was more of us there and no Ark Visceras spawned.

They also broke how shields have worked for stats and rarities.

I think I balanced that out enough to save your heart. :)

Phew, I think you did lol. It still sounds like there are (as always) a few things to iron out still but overall the impressions and comments from those of you who have tended to be more consistent with your feedback here have been positive. It actually makes me eager to get back in and see how it feels.

Awwww. See, now he dundunit.
Angeleus,
Is You crazy?
I loves me some Defiance!
I play this piece EVERYDAY and I hate to miss it.
Silly pants. My only issues are with cement-heads around here who do that "fishing" thing...uh...yeah.....Trolling, that's it - and a lot of the Standards and Practices of "The Company".
That is when I get put into the metaphorical penalty box around here.
Other than that, I LOVE Defiance and I only want what is best for this game.
In all honesty, You can dig into the "vault" and find post that I used to put up in which I crusaded to "stamp out the negativity".
Funny stuff, too.
The more that You hang around and see what goes on, the more jaded and cynical You become and that is what happens to us all ( pretty much ).
BUT!!!:
This new DLC is a jai-normous step in the right direction!

No champagne yet, but I wouldn't mind some if there happened to be some around....

Ha, the Vault. Oh I well remember, I used to be quite the staunch defender of Defiance's alternative MMO concept both here and over on the Defiance subReddit. But like you, persistent technical issues and unpolished mechanics that stuck around like hellbug grease in the wheels of my Med Tech Buggy started to really wear on me. There's obviously still some work to do but seeing these enthusiastic and positive comments from you all is really encouraging! Especially compared to how lackluster the feedback threads usually are after a DLC launch.

It seems to me like the work leading up to and including AR has basically been a rebooting of the core game mechanics. So far it seems to have worked. Hopefully this fresh start (new scoring, new scaling, new weapon stats, new office, new community managers, etc.) has put the game in a place where the dev team can stop running around Paradise with a box of band-aids and start really focusing on developing new content.

Theatremse
04-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Here are my first impressions of the v1.5 patch.

I wish I could give more of a critique of the gameplay changes, but I cannot. Two choices in the implementation/deploy of the v1.5 patch soured me so much on the game that I could not bring myself to play more than two Emergencies before logging out of the game. I have tried to detail those choices below.

Choice #1: Choosing to upscale existing character weapons/shields to 75% instead of 100%. Why is this an issue? Let me give you a practical example. My primary is currently EGO rating 3435. Using the 75% rule, that means that *any* Epic or Legendary weapons/shields he picked up when his EGO was less than 75% of what it is now will *only* be scaled up to 2658. Now, if he held on to a gun for that long, it *is* going to be one of his primary weapons and *will* be equipped in one of his loadouts. It is a valuable weapon to him.

Now, Suppose he only has 5 weapons/shields that he held on to for that long, 3 Legendary and 2 Epic. (Make one of the Legendary the Shanjifyo Blade, and this scenario does not seem all that unreasonable.) To scale just these 5 weapons up 700 Rating to 3358, it would cost 1330 ArkForge. If you need it, here is the breakdown off the math:

(3 Legendary Weapons) X (50 ArkForge per 100 Rating) x (7 increases) + (2 Epic Wepons) X (20 ArkForge per 100 Rating) x (7 increases) = 1050 + 280 = 1330
As you can see, this more than chews up the 1000 ArkForge given to the account through the "Chimera ArkTech Kit". The closer you get to the maximum of 5000, the worse the cost gets to increase the rating of the weapons/shields. Choosing to scale the guns to 75% effectively punishes characters with higher EGO. Put simply, this scaling devalues higher EGO characters, and *punishes* them for the fact that they spent more time playing Defiance. The only high level EGO characters who would be unaffected by this are those of EGO 5000 who only have weapons/items of rating 5000. (Now, if you consider that most guns purchased from shops did not scale before the v1.5 patch, this would be a *small* minority indeed.)

In addition, since it appears that Threat Level scaling is based on the character's EGO level, and *not* the gear they are using, choosing to scale guns to 75% and not 100% does nothing other than punish a large swath of the faithful player base.

Choice 2: Making the 1000 Arkforge "Chimera ArkTech Kit" account wide (i.e., one "Chimera ArkTech Kit" per account) instead of giving each character on the account a "Chimera ArkTech Kit". This is a significant departure from how DLC lockboxes were handled in each of the other 4 Defiance DLCs.

If I may use an analogy, here is what the above two choices feel like to me. These choices can be likened to a bank deciding that they have been calculating the interest wrong on all of your bank accounts. To correct the problem, they will reduce the balance of the account to 80% of what it was because "The new way of calculating the interest will be better." (Choice #1) The bank then increases the account balance up to 84% on *one* of the accounts "because you have done so much business with us." (Choice #2) In the end, you feel cheated and find yourself left with something that has less value than it had before the change was made.

Now, all that being said, I can't rant and rave and say something like: "This was the last straw...I'll never play Defiance again!" I've paid for the game and the DLC. I have no doubt that I'll log back in to the game at some future point. This was just my initial impression of Defiance v1.5...and it really feels like I have been kicked in the gut by a game I loved.

Deunan
04-15-2014, 11:26 PM
I had to extract twice in 3 hours, revived 3 times. Only ran incursions, scaled up to 4,750. I think I did alright.I died twice with an EGO rating 350ish character on the test server doing incursions while scaled up to Threat Level 10 for about half that time on the test server. If all you did were incursions you are in for some eye opening experiences when you enter the interior of a Major Arkbreak or an Expert co-op map because the Threat Level scaled incursions are a total cake walk in comparison.

One of the biggest issues is that no one is healing, and no one has teamwork centric perks equipped because they were generally useless before. When I saw 5 people downed at once, I equipped the revive 1, revive all perk.You do realize that perk only works on people that you're grouped with? It won't affect anyone else including anyone you are teamed with which is why neither it nor Phoenix Boost have much value inside of Major Arkbreaks. Healing remains highly overrated inside them and generally does more harm than good notwithstanding all the trolls in zone chat on PC NA pretending to the contrary.

When you do get around to doing a Major Arkbreak you're going be reminded in no uncertain terms how poorly implemented that content is because of the lack of features to coordinate large group efforts including the lack of any ability to control which internal instance you're sent to.

Deunan
04-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Even the fights at the Monolith were niceWere you getting any points for damaging its health? I'm not sure if it's intentional but I literally got zero points for it. I generates zero points which is pretty awful considering it's the Arkfall boss.

Thomdark
04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
...funny holiday days are over, fight for your life!

I play since release and there were so many mistakes and bad updates but this time it is for me a huge step in the right direction.

I usually do not write in forums. But this time i really want to say, some people like this update!!

Wish us all a lot of fun with DEFI.

Shakk
04-15-2014, 11:42 PM
I cant wait to get back into Defiance to try out this patch, it sounds like what i always wanted Defiance to be. Not so ****ing simple!

Shakk

Thomdark
04-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Shakk, you must return! I miss you in pvp!

swat brigade
04-15-2014, 11:54 PM
I wanna say that I think triton nailed this dlc ....FINALLY! The game is refreshing and fun again and please don't go nerfing the game for a couple cry babies that don't wanna take the time to learn how the new system works. Keep taking care of the " dedicated " players please.. I had more epic battles in one day on this game than I had since the game launched. Still wish you could fix the always having to relog and freezing issues though, but hey it seems we have all just gotten used to that.

Shakk
04-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Shakk, you must return! I miss you in pvp!

Give me a few more days, im on vacation atm :)

drackiller
04-16-2014, 12:43 AM

Well my low EGO of 4200 +- can handle pretty much every thing except Volge Sieges...i guess if i could see the enemies i could shoot them at least :)
One guy alone at The Fork fighting for is life against DM, threat lvl 4, was doing OK. Some guy apears on the spot, threat lvl goes up. Having to fight 2 Bullwarks chasing you and hiting you relentlessly with laser accuracy...i would say that in general is ok if you like to die a lot ;)

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Bottom line is people who love bullet sponges love this patch.

CRIXDA
04-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Hey Deunan,
I don't think that I did get points for damaging the Monolith, now that You mention it.
A friend of mine ( B2 ) said that the Progenitor and the Matron weren't given any attention during the difficulty scaling or whatever - I can't say because I didn't fight them yet.
Apparently they are easier than ever but B2 is prone to hyperbole sometimes, so that may or may not be true.

I am very excited for this afternoon, more funnin' and gunnin'.

rydda
04-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Grab your guns we are in for a fight. Coops are great now motherlode on expert took some time instead of us pushing forward we got push back alot watch your corners. Loving it

BJWyler
04-16-2014, 06:52 AM
I wanna say that I think triton nailed this dlc ....FINALLY! The game is refreshing and fun again and please don't go nerfing the game for a couple cry babies that don't wanna take the time to learn how the new system works. Keep taking care of the " dedicated " players please.. I had more epic battles in one day on this game than I had since the game launched. Still wish you could fix the always having to relog and freezing issues though, but hey it seems we have all just gotten used to that.

Got news for you mate, the dedicated playerbase were us casual, lesser skilled players who enjoyed the challenge of the game as it was. It was the crybabies QQing for more difficulty that couldn't handle the fact that this was not their type of game. Of course, they whined the worst and so convinced Trion to change what this game used to be.

swat brigade
04-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Bottom line is people who love bullet sponges love this patch.

How many times you gonna post about how you hate this patch? We get it dude, you don't like it....get better gear , use forge to level up your guns and get on with it. I have a friend that is ego 1600 and he was saying that it was fun and his guns were working just fine.. I played with him and it scaled him from 1600 to 2900 I believe. Honestly the bullet sponge is nice, I'm able to level up my guns that I don't have to 20 yet. When I was rolling with one other guy in a Chinatown we were destroying the infected and bullwerks without a problem. If you having that hard of a time don't play with people that are ranked way higher than you. This patch has at least brought some life back to a game that was teetering on being boring as hell. Lord forbid something be more challenging. The really only over the top challenging part was the coop maps on expert , we did 4 last night and we were laughing at each other getting destroyed at times, it was FUN again.

Got news for you mate, the dedicated playerbase were us casual, lesser skilled players who enjoyed the challenge of the game as it was. It was the crybabies QQing for more difficulty that couldn't handle the fact that this was not their type of game. Of course, they whined the worst and so convinced Trion to change what this game used to be.

No news for me.... But as your sig says....fan and player of defiance until April 15th..who's the cry baby now? Give it a chance dude. Patch just came out yesterday, I'm sure there will be some tweaking of the system to accommodate the whiners..then you can kill your skitterlings just by looking at them again.

Eltruism
04-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Mother of God.

A good post. So...they do exist.

I will be disappointed if they reduce the difficulty as it is...

BJWyler
04-16-2014, 07:13 AM
If you having that hard of a time don't play with people that are ranked way higher than you.
And how do you do that in the open world when you have no control over who comes near you?

This patch has at least brought some life back to a game that was teetering on being boring as hell.
And you do realize that there are/were quite a good number of people who did not find it boring as hell, but found it fun as hell before the patch.

Lord forbid something be more challenging.
Lord forbid that gamers actually accept the fact that there is nothing wrong with a game being focused towards the casual and lesser skilled player, and therefore less challenging.

No news for me.... But as your sig says....fan and player of defiance until April 15th..who's the cry baby now? Give it a chance dude. Patch just came out yesterday, I'm sure there will be some tweaking of the system to accommodate the whiners..then you can kill your skitterlings just by looking at them again.

I did give it a chance - it was on the PTS for a while. You know something, I don't need to keep eating spinach to see if I will ever like it. One time is enough to know that I don't like it. I know what I like when playing games. I know what I don't like. I know what I really liked about Defiance and what kept me playing virtually every day. This DLC removed that for all intents and purposes.

thejx4
04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
I died twice with an EGO rating 350ish character on the test server doing incursions while scaled up to Threat Level 10 for about half that time on the test server. If all you did were incursions you are in for some eye opening experiences when you enter the interior of a Major Arkbreak or an Expert co-op map because the Threat Level scaled incursions are a total cake walk in comparison.
You do realize that perk only works on people that you're grouped with? It won't affect anyone else including anyone you are teamed with which is why neither it nor Phoenix Boost have much value inside of Major Arkbreaks. Healing remains highly overrated inside them and generally does more harm than good notwithstanding all the trolls in zone chat on PC NA pretending to the contrary.

When you do get around to doing a Major Arkbreak you're going be reminded in no uncertain terms how poorly implemented that content is because of the lack of features to coordinate large group efforts including the lack of any ability to control which internal instance you're sent to.

I don't do arkbreaks or arkfalls. I'm an open world guy. And yes, I know it's a party perk, and I invited people and they joined instantly. Like I said before, it's not perfect. It's a step in the right direction.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 07:38 AM
I believe. Honestly the bullet sponge is nice

Like I said...
I like challenging games, I just find bullet sponges boring as hell.

thejx4
04-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Like I said...

Same here. Maybe I don't have an issue with the DLC that much because I don't participate in Arkfalls/Arkbreaks. I like Incursions because they are pretty much strings of emergencies, so it just feels like playing the game normally in a huge group. Also, it's about time they increase the group limit to 8 or 10.

Wi7cher
04-16-2014, 07:54 AM

I agree 100%! I have played the new patch yesterday for about 2-3 hours and I had the most intense incusions and arc falls ever. I'm at EGO level 1700 and I was on the second place after an incursion with a lot of high level players.
I'm playing Definance since the beginning and this is the first time I feel like a f***ing ark hunter! Hellbugs are no longer victims - they are beasts. Ark hunters have change their tactics, have to fight together to win.

For me this game is reborne with the new patch and it goes to the right direction! For sure it's not perfect, but I'm glad the Defiance Devs took the risk to change the gameplay.

See you in the Badlands!

PTR47
04-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but, I healed an instance.

What?

I raid-healed MMOs for many, many years, and that was a wholely new experience; friggin' awesome. Did the hard mode of Island of Lost Soldiers with 3 roughly 3000s and a 5000. I described it as scenes from Starship Troopers, but will provide no other spoilers.

Just two things:
(a) We finally took down the end-boss, but we never got the cutscene. After about 20 minutes, we just left the group.
(b) It seems the single 5000 took us all to 4750. Working as intended?

Overall, I'm loving this patch.

swat brigade
04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=BJWyler;1462149]And how do you do that in the open world when you have no control over who comes near you?
If you are a low ego and your there first the enemies will be more scaled to you. I'm 4950 and went to friend that was 1600 and the enemies stayed scaled to him for the most part. Your acting like you honestly havent even played much of the New dlc and you hated it before it was even released. If you honestly tried it for more than 10 minutes you would know this already. The scaling system works well fir lower ego players, if anything it makes the game harder if your higher ego. I was playing in a group of 3 guys over 5200 and I was 4900 on expert coop and I was holding my own just fine.

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 09:50 AM
My assessment of the latest DLP.....Mind you, when I turned on the game i was previously capped at 4288EGO

If The Company was looking for a way to make ppl work together more, it failed on several levels. I.E.

*did Parrabas by myself and it was "a tad" bit more difficult than any other time I had done it. Decent rewards.{keys, etc.}
*Did same instance with a few clan mates and a random 5k barney, and it took nearly 20 minutes to complete. The scaling is a bit ludicrous. The rewards, pittance. It took twice the time for 1/2 the rewards.

In short, for contracts, I'm tending to believe that soloing them is more beneficial. And, I'm rather dreading asking clan mates to join, if they need a particular contract, as I would rather solo them for better rewards.

We did do a couple of the expert mode co-ops. Let me tell you, what a ****in' blast that was! We did Motherlode and Islands. the hellbugs in Motherload! No more spoilers. Will just say, at one point my mini map was red! First time I had ever scored over a 100k on a co-op!

The scaling seemed spot on, but that could be because we had a group of clan that works real well together and communicates. The 2 co-ops alone took well over an hour combined of play time. Co-ops are fun again!

The only Dark Matter major I hit seemed wonky. The monolith was all over the place. I also noticed that the points for hitting the thing were stripped. The only pts. accrued were from killing the mobs. no longer do we get pts. for destroying the boss of the event. A glitch? if not, it's pretty screwed up.

I haven't done an incursion or WM yet, but from what I've heard in chat and from clan, they have been ramped immensely. Looking forward to having my azz handed to me at an arkbreak, and trying an incursion.

All in all, it wasn't too bad an ordeal. I scored over 100 arkforge just playing the game. Don't know if that's good or bad. Leveled up 20 more pts., so, apparently I'm no longer capped. Trying to fiure out what my new cap is going to be. I pity lower EGO players if I'm around though. The scaling does seem out of whack.

The way shields were destroyed is deplorable. Needs fixing.

Bio is now the new nano of choice. Funny, the most hated nano by a lot is now the new king.

Lag and the invincible invisible enemy are terrible, but, I'm what the pc elitists deem a console peasant, so I've learned to deal with that, for the most part.

I still think what The Company and its bag of Tricks and Scapesgoats is doing to the core game is wrong. A lot of ppl enjoy playing the game alone. They should not be punished if I happen to stroll by.

Nicc0
04-16-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm having a lot of fun with this update,yesterday I have done a Kith and kinship really epic with only two other players against a horde of really tough enemies that almost oneshotted with a single hit and after I go to Diablo station for another contract and was also a great fun.
Sieges and emergencies are more interesting and now spikes and stims really are useful.
I don't know if developers are still reading this forum but I'd like to point some needed tweaks,
why between stages in siege the enemies are wiped? They should stay,the time is'nt enough to kill the hulker in most cases.
More drop of charges,grenades are quite good but stims and spikes are too rare,maybe they should consider to raise the ammo cap.

Quebra Regra
04-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Like I said...

soaking a mutant shotgunner for 5 minutes with bullets without a kill is BORING AS HELL, imbalanced as heck, and ridiculous!

Was it smoke a crack rock day at TRION when this system was thought up?

BJWyler
04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
If you are a low ego and your there first the enemies will be more scaled to you. I'm 4950 and went to friend that was 1600 and the enemies stayed scaled to him for the most part. Your acting like you honestly havent even played much of the New dlc and you hated it before it was even released. If you honestly tried it for more than 10 minutes you would know this already. The scaling system works well fir lower ego players, if anything it makes the game harder if your higher ego. I was playing in a group of 3 guys over 5200 and I was 4900 on expert coop and I was holding my own just fine.

I have the benefit of playing with both low EGO and "max" EGO characters. Neither experience was enjoyable. The scaling system does not work fine (depending on how many players are around), and enemies will scale regardless of whether a high EGO character is actually participating or not (such as driving by). There are certain instances where there really isn't an issue with difficulty. However, there are many more where it is an issue. Again, many of us are long time casual players who played the game for what it was. We enjoyed the challenge it offered. We didn't ask for more. We didn't want more. It was because of the QQing of the players who didn't play the game for what it was that we now have had challenge handed to us in an enema.

Now, if Trion wanted to add a level of difficulty for those types of players, I have no problem with that, so long as my gameplay experience is unaffected. Guild Wars managed that with their Hard Mode. Other games manage that with their higher tiers of difficulty for Raids and other content. The difference is, that extra level of difficulty is completely optional. We have no such option to continue to play this game at the level it was previously. Therefore, some of us simply choose to find another game that better suits our needs and abilities - something that perhaps other gamers should learn from.

soaking a mutant shotgunner for 5 minutes with bullets without a kill is BORING AS HELL, imbalanced as heck, and ridiculous!

I don't so much mind the bullet sponge in as far as now enemies actually live long enough to appear on my computer screen before getting killed in the zerg events like Arkfalls and Sieges. However, you are correct in the fact that pumping clip after clip into these enemies to little or no effect is frustrating. Unfortunately, it is a catch 22 situation. The bigger issue is the involuntary increase in difficulty the scaling system brings. Going back to that minor arkbreak I have mentioned before - it is simply rediculous to go into such an instance with a full complement of players and just be continually insta-killed by the mobs when all of us are doing very little damage in return. Again, that was almost identical to the experience I get when soloing the arkbreak with all the Elite Bombers in them. At least with the solo arkbreaks there was actually a chance of beating that challenge in a reasonable manner.

jimpugh
04-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Dev's at Trion do not nerf 1.50.......fix things that need fixing BUGS etc.

You Guys Hit A home run......

Making people THINK and work for Victory is THE ULTIMATE VICTROY and agony of defeat....

As far as I know.... if your NOT an expert... you had a choice... to play 3 versions ...of the new expert co-op's

Expert, Little whine ,Full Whine.....

As for me and my friends we love the new "Hot Spicy Chicken"

Thank You and please do not listen to the NerfaBillies ....

I have always liked poop shoes leave the Nanos ALONE.....nit.. nit... nit.....laughed my butt off at the 5 million scrip guns that have to be revamped..

Again thank You and yes we have bigger fish to fry .....DC'S ...tweaks ...etc....But way ahead of the curve and love the new Hulkers... sexy Black out fits .....now if you could find a Huge Harley for him to ride with guns and missiles hanging OFF that would be SPECTAULAR or fricking AWESOME....

PanheadJIM
SOME WHERE IN DEFIANCE:cool:

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 11:08 AM

LOL!

http://media.tumblr.com/748d766b9e5903d677ee5b14bd5cd2ae/tumblr_inline_mnsjjqMBCf1qz4rgp.gif

Shadow Andreas
04-16-2014, 11:14 AM
why between stages in siege the enemies are wiped? They should stay,the time is'nt enough to kill the hulker in most cases.

Nicc0, it is long enough....but only the points allowed in the round for 1 to die. If it isn't one of the ones that you are at....it is one of the ones at another point in the siege. They do go down fast when a large group concentrates fire and is using bios to break the armor.

CRIXDA
04-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Dude, Q-Gun!
Are You honestly not lovin' this?

http://media.giphy.com/media/TBPbz5oOI50Oc/giphy.gif

CCRRRRRRAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Storm58
04-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Dev's at Trion do not nerf 1.50.......fix things that need fixing BUGS etc.

You Guys Hit A home run......

Making people THINK and work for Victory is THE ULTIMATE VICTROY and agony of defeat....

As far as I know.... if your NOT an expert... you had a choice... to play 3 versions ...of the new expert co-op's

Expert, Little whine ,Full Whine.....

As for me and my friends we love the new "Hot Spicy Chicken"

Thank You and please do not listen to the NerfaBillies ....

I have always liked poop shoes leave the Nanos ALONE.....nit.. nit... nit.....laughed my butt off at the 5 million scrip guns that have to be revamped..

Again thank You and yes we have bigger fish to fry .....DC'S ...tweaks ...etc....But way ahead of the curve and love the new Hulkers... sexy Black out fits .....now if you could find a Huge Harley for him to ride with guns and missiles hanging OFF that would be SPECTAULAR or fricking AWESOME....

PanheadJIM
SOME WHERE IN DEFIANCE:cool:

Your posts... they are.............................

In any sense, for the most part, I *think* that I agree with you. I like the changes a lot.

Nefarious
04-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Its just so much better.

Went to an Major Ark Fall with only a hand full of guys being there. And it being in the Open world the Raiders were buffed up to Formidable and a threat level 10. (I touched up on my thoughts/fears of such a thing happening before DLC 5 came out with only a few players being match up against unyielding odds).

It was cool that the fight took place outside of the boundaries of the crash site. Usually the fight used to take place right on top of it and players would just shoot the raiders as they came out the doors of their tanks. But since there are many of them which can also kill you then us taking the fight on their claimed turf wasn't in our deck of cards to do.

At one point Volge came out of the Ark. I typed in Area chat "Let the Volge and Raiders kill eachother.". It was funny to see all these Ark Hunters stand on a hill top and just watch. Once we started to see the Volge and Raiders numbers start to thin we all moved in.

Quebra Regra
04-16-2014, 01:17 PM
IMHO it sucks the root.

QFT!!!! All the way!

I'm not certain if CRIXDA is off his meds, being sarcastic, etc. He can't really believe that it's not fundamental bork'd?

Shoot at a 6 armour ARK blacklung for 12 minutes, get a white junk drop!?!?!? How about the time and bullets spent on a regular hellbug?!?!?

My advise, don't smoke that stuff kidz, it'll mess ya up.

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
My advise, don't smoke that stuff kidz, it'll mess ya up.

http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2013/10/drugs.gif

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I think the OP and some other experienced and informed players are forgetting about everyone else and are swept up in their own enjoyment of the challenge. Which I can totally understand.

There is truth to the idea that up until now this game has been way too easy. However - it's now way too hard, and complicated, and completely different and MOST players are put off by this. MOST players are unhappy with these changes. MOST players do not visit the forums. Opinions on DLC 5 have no middle - it's the most loved AND hated ever. And both sides are right.

The worst part is, when the swoon wears off you tough high level players (yes I'm a 5K too but a total pansy by comparison) are all going to remember the SHAMELESS MONEY GRAB PART! "Oh YEAH, I'm not getting anywhere near enough arkforge to keep levelling my guns! This is going to take months!"

Yeah, find me when the honeymoon is over.

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have yet to need to unload an entire clip into ammo pool into something to drop it...huh...

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 02:56 PM

I have yet to need to unload an entire clip into ammo pool into something to drop it...huh...

Hmmmmm. I think everyone would LOVE to know the exact specs of your loadout. You appear to be SUPER-BUFFED! Absolutely everyone is reporting bullet sponges galore, even skitterlings are reported to take more than half a clip.

Also, are you playing alone or with others? I hear people saying playing alone they do OK but with others the enemies get more than impossible real quick.

PTR47
04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Solo seems easier than before the patch.

B_Draco
04-16-2014, 03:11 PM

I had to make a loadout specifically for reviving for threat level 10 areas/expert co-op... Take 45% less damage when reviving, 45% less for 5 sec after a revive, group revive, 45% self revive refresh, and a few defense perks to keep alive and tried different defensive weapons/bmgs... Yet most of these instances/co-ops are damn near impossible to complete with 1 or more people... For example explosions 101, that is IMPOSSIBLE to complete with 1-3 other people, and once you enter the arena with 1-3 other people, you cant just get 'em to leave to reset the threat level... IT WILL STAY AT F@$%ING IMPOSSIBLE MODE!!!

Personally I think if the enemies were still this hard but kept the spawn rate at normal like it was before this 'DLC', sure I wouldn't mind this new system. But making enemies near F*^%ING IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL AAANNNNDDDD SPAWN A BUTT LOAD OF 'EM TOO???!!! No way, hell even the daily contract for expert mode 101 explosions hit today on the Chimera rep. Nobody has complete it, and I'm seeing various chats filled with hate for raiders...

Cerealalien
04-16-2014, 03:20 PM
I have been reading these threads and wanted to put in my two cents

I just started the game about two weeks ago on the 360 convinced by a few of the guys I game with that it was a great game. I played it and truly enjoyed the co-operative environment, and thought as a low level character that the game on solo had a bit of challenge which disappeared once another person jumped in on a mission - so the game was a boring grind in co-op

Then yesterday happened - I had a blast on the incursion I played at Kenn Farm and on the Contracts I have played - basically was able to level from 427 to almost 600 in that time. The Major Arkfalls (if they were outside) were also fun and points were consistently racking up - loved it

Then I decided to team up with a friend and finish off some of the story missions (we are in Act 4) - this is where things got real - real bad

Solo, bullet sponges were what the enemies were, but the mission was doable. Playing as an EGO 500 with an EGO 1900, the threat level on the missions went from 2 to 9-10 and we were being hit by Experienced Bandits that spawned in groups of 30s with health bars that appeared to stretch from here in the Bay Area to Mars...Clip after clip of ammo went into them, grenades, rocket launchers, snipers, infectors all seemed to do the same amount of damage - slim to none...BMGs had no effect - took hours to beat a few missions and it became even more boring than the pre-v1.5 game

I am not complaining about difficulty here, just the scaling of enemy health without giving any benefit in terms of weapons - and the ArkForge upgrades to weapons have had no impact on damage dealt to enemies - It feels a little like taking a level 10 BL character into Ultimate Vault Hunter but without the damage scaling where one bullet = death

Second complaint - the whole drive by of a high level EGO person instantly ramps difficulty to a threat level 10 - it is painful to be driving to a contract, having one of the roadside events phase in two feet from the car to have it crash and then be opened up on by Volge (with no other players nearby) - i think the server stability should have been fixed first or enable the player to phase through these events as we phase through other characters

The last complaint is the Volge at an Arkfall - I was trying to finish up a Pursuit by fighting at a 99er ArkFall - the outer area was fine, but when we went inside, things went to hell at the Smash and Grab - It felt like 30 Volge Ark Troopers spamming grenades to the point that I would simply let the incapacitated timer run out then respawn, not take two steps and go down again...the kicker - there were only 2 other players at this Arkfall against extreme high level enemies

I know these complaints are echoed by others - I do not necessarily want Trion to remove the difficulty ramping, just balance it better - maybe multiply the number of enemies that spawn by the number of people present and not use an exponential algorithm for enemy number - in a small area the chaos is too much

and I played in an expert co-op map (Soleptor) - at the part with the two behemoths and later in the fight the two rioters, the behemoths kept phasing out so bullets would pass through and the, while invisible, performing massive, incapacitating ground smashes - you did not know where it was coming from - i can see this map would be fun if they can stabilize the servers first

If someone can suggest vendors / types of weapons to start to use to at least cut down the time to kill enemies, I am all ears - I have been running with a Volge pistol since I started and this would decimate most enemies pre-patch with 1-2 shots but now feels more like a water pistol

Also, can someone explain the armor plates? whether they are full or empty on my character it feels like it takes the same amount of damage to put me down

And please fix vehicle kills on PVP - with the new armor, running an atv to the cap point in shadow war is like hitting someone with a fluffy pillow post patch

Anyway, my 2 or 25 cents on the new patch - glad the 5000s got something they wanted, but for me they took a slightly boring game and ramped up the boredom factor to the extreme

B_Draco
04-16-2014, 03:25 PM
It's a conspiracy to get us to quit Defiance! THE END IS NIGH, THE END IS NIGH!!!!!

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Hmmmmm. I think everyone would LOVE to know the exact specs of your loadout. You appear to be SUPER-BUFFED! Absolutely everyone is reporting bullet sponges galore, even skitterlings are reported to take more than half a clip.

Also, are you playing alone or with others? I hear people saying playing alone they do OK but with others the enemies get more than impossible real quick.Will fill ya in on different load outs for different instances in game some time, if ya like.

I had a much easier time and much fewer ammo when soloing things.

That being said, I've mentioned in other threads that clan mates and I did a couple of Expert Co-ops. Sure, the bad guys needed several more ts to down, but I thought that was the reason for calling it Expert mode. Our clan worked together, dropping spikes when necessary and communicating. The only enemy to require an ammo spike was the pair of Monarchs in Islands. But, hell, Monarchs were sponges before the patch.

JEMINAI
04-18-2014, 08:11 AM
I think the OP and some other experienced and informed players are forgetting about everyone else and are swept up in their own enjoyment of the challenge. Which I can totally understand.

There is truth to the idea that up until now this game has been way too easy. However - it's now way too hard, and complicated, and completely different and MOST players are put off by this. MOST players are unhappy with these changes. MOST players do not visit the forums. Opinions on DLC 5 have no middle - it's the most loved AND hated ever. And both sides are right.

The worst part is, when the swoon wears off you tough high level players (yes I'm a 5K too but a total pansy by comparison) are all going to remember the SHAMELESS MONEY GRAB PART! "Oh YEAH, I'm not getting anywhere near enough arkforge to keep levelling my guns! This is going to take months!"

Yeah, find me when the honeymoon is over.

all ive increased is a shield. to be honest if the PVE goes back to easy mode with maxed out weapons, i dont think i want to max them.

Bonehead
04-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Word on the street is once you break 5500 ego it's like the patch didn't even drop.

Deunan
04-18-2014, 12:58 PM

I have yet to need to unload an entire clip into ammo pool into something to drop it...huh...You may simply not have run into anything yet that requires it or your EGO rating may be close to or over 5000. If you have lower EGO rating and you come across mobs in an area that were spawned by a 5000+ EGO rating player who just happened to be passing by you can easily end up expending all your ammo against mini bosses like an Apex Monarch.