PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Arktech Revolution DLC Out Now

Scapes
04-15-2014, 06:33 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DLC5OutNow_Blog.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/15/defiance-arktech-revolution-out-now)

The revolution is underway! Dive into new expert events and co-op maps, contracts, pursuits and more with the Defiance Arktech Revolution DLC pack (http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/arktech-revolution/). Hunt advanced enemies with legendary weapons and mods from Chimera, a rising force in the underground arms trade, and fifteen new nano-effect EGO perks. Only the best-equipped will survive! Click here to learn more! (http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/arktech-revolution/)

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/15/defiance-arktech-revolution-out-now)

mr8liner
04-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Scapes, I am not very impressed from what I've seen today. All of the weapons that I have gotten up until today are now useless. 500+ rounds to take down one guys, is not fun at all. I'm not sure who thought this would be such a great idea, but it's falling short.

I think someone in "the company" needs to reconsider the 75% of ego and make it 100%, or you are going to lost alot of players. Unless that was the whole intention of this "dlc".

I played today for 2 hours. Got about 20 keys and it felt like I wasn't doing a thing to the emenies. I do like the idea of harder enemies but when you have to put all your ammo into one guy, it just doesn't make any sence.

The amount of keys that we can get now compared to yesterday is a HUGE difference. For most players that would be their way of possibly getting Arkforge from lock boxes.

I went into liberate the lost. That usually takes 20 minutes to do. I was in there for ten minutes and was still at the skitterlings at the begining. I stopped playing at that point, since There was no reason to keep playing. I just might take a week off of this game to see what is fix in that time, if I come back and things are the same way, it would be the time I left this game. I had alot of fun playing up until today, but it is now just a way to looooooongggggg fulfilling chase that has no end in sight.

With that being said, what are you guys planning on doing to fix some of these issues and the one people will put up after this post??????

shawshank1198
04-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Scapes, I am not very impressed from what I've seen today. All of the weapons that I have gotten up until today are now useless. 500+ rounds to take down one guys, is not fun at all. I'm not sure who thought this would be such a great idea, but it's falling short.

I think someone in "the company" needs to reconsider the 75% of ego and make it 100%, or you are going to lost alot of players. Unless that was the whole intention of this "dlc".

I played today for 2 hours. Got about 20 keys and it felt like I wasn't doing a thing to the emenies. I do like the idea of harder enemies but when you have to put all your ammo into one guy, it just doesn't make any sence.

The amount of keys that we can get now compared to yesterday is a HUGE difference. For most players that would be their way of possibly getting Arkforge from lock boxes.

I went into liberate the lost. That usually takes 20 minutes to do. I was in there for ten minutes and was still at the skitterlings at the begining. I stopped playing at that point, since There was no reason to keep playing. I just might take a week off of this game to see what is fix in that time, if I come back and things are the same way, it would be the time I left this game. I had alot of fun playing up until today, but it is now just a way to looooooongggggg fulfilling chase that has no end in sight.

With that being said, what are you guys planning on doing to fix some of these issues and the one people will put up after this post??????

This is a nicely written, honest review. One that I was hoping I wouldnt hear....

V00DOO Envy
04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
DLC is awesome. I like the challenge to the game, but what is with the outfit it like Nolan's outfit. I was looking for a better outfit like a power outfit like VBI with season pass. I'm sorry but I will never wear the outfit.

V00DOO Envy
04-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Enemies are overpowered even with four good players that are over 4000 ego. One genade kills people and you can't even move two steps before getting back up. Some of the dlc is cool, but the rest is bad. the enemies are just out of the question overpowered. I'm sorry that I'm even a season pass holder.

Jaydogg
04-15-2014, 11:26 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DLC5OutNow_Blog.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/15/defiance-arktech-revolution-out-now)

The revolution is underway! Dive into new expert events and co-op maps, contracts, pursuits and more with the Defiance Arktech Revolution DLC pack (http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/arktech-revolution/). Hunt advanced enemies with legendary weapons and mods from Chimera, a rising force in the underground arms trade, and fifteen new nano-effect EGO perks. Only the best-equipped will survive! Click here to learn more! (http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/arktech-revolution/)

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/15/defiance-arktech-revolution-out-now)

it took 30 min today just to clear darkmater away from a warmaster site just to get throttled upon entering the wreckage by the volge below. and it took me 20 min just to solo pharabohs farm for the top notch daily. also im on my tenth try at resetting my weapon xp bonus and getting a roll worth keeping. and those legendaries you get in the paradise and chimera vendor that take weeks to be able to buy, ive scrapped better than those. I paid your company $10 AGAIN in hopes of a more expansive and rewarding experience for a dlc. its a shame theres a lot of people out there who had or have high hopes for this game and you guys have been slowly choking the life out of it with each dlc you release.

btw bmgs aren't scoring any points when used on a shielded enemy.

Darth_Nikon
04-16-2014, 12:13 AM
i appreciate the intent with harder enemies and scalability, but it really is something like "Bullet-sponge Revolution" in there right now. Some of these things are needing a full 500+ rounds to knock down. At that point ammunition isn't even the biggest pain, it's that the DPS of any given weapon is so low vs. enemies that killing them just becomes a tedious exercise in holding the fire button down. Unless you're using a semi-auto, which is even worse.

I also ran through the smash and grab arkfall. The second wave of Ark Volge after the first hunt master the four of us in the group faced were actually harder than the final two hunt masters. They were so bullet-absorbent and numerous that we were getting fuzzy-wuzzy'ed hard. The only reason we got past them was we had essentially infinite re-spawns.

The last few weeks I felt maybe a little OP myself, but I think this update may be swinging the pendulum a little too far the other way.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:24 AM
What bugs me is thins conversation from another thread.

Hey Scapes! Can we at least get our weapons marked "Cannnot Trade" ranked up to our current ego? Or maybe have them inherently rank up with us as we go along?

I believe these will rank up to your current EGO the first (and only first) time you log in. Will confirm.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155316-Equipment-Power-Rating-Adjustment-for-Arktech-Revolution&p=1458948&viewfull=1 It's post #58

NOBODY'S non-tradables leveled up to their current EGO!!! Sledgehammer is that you, back with a different name and same oblivious attitude?!

drackiller
04-16-2014, 01:47 AM
What bugs me is thins conversation from another thread.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155316-Equipment-Power-Rating-Adjustment-for-Arktech-Revolution&p=1458948&viewfull=1 It's post #58

NOBODY'S non-tradables leveled up to their current EGO!!! Sledgehammer is that you, back with a different name and same oblivious attitude?!

But you know Bat, a few days ago i mentioned about the fact of them giving an EGO lvl to our weapons without EGO and people was extactic about it...can you see what they did there !?

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:55 AM
But you know Bat, a few days ago i mentioned about the fact of them giving an EGO lvl to our weapons without EGO and people was extactic about it...can you see what they did there !?

The ones in claims that had no ego still don't have an ego. They level to your ego when you first claim them. And yes I get it. Scapes was misinformed and since he is oblivious to how things happen in game, he had no clue that he had the wrong information. The simple solution would be for him to play the game enough to know, that he should have asked Trick's team about the non-tradable items ALREADY in our inventory!

drackiller
04-16-2014, 01:58 AM
The ones in claims that had no ego still don't have an ego. They level to your ego when you first claim them. And yes I get it. Scapes was misinformed and since he is oblivious to how things happen in game, he had no clue that he had the wrong information. The simple solution would be for him to play the game enough to know, that he should have asked Trick's team about the non-tradable items ALREADY in our inventory!
Yeah, but i mean weapons like XAR, the pistol we get from defeating NIM, etc. Because if they didn`t have done that litle trick to us, we would be playing we those weapons as they would be on par with us.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Yeah, but i mean weapons like XAR, the pistol we get from defeating NIM, etc. Because if they didn`t have done that litle trick to us, we would be playing we those weapons as they would be on par with us.

PLay a new character. fill his inventory then do that mission. The gun will be placed in your inventory with no ego. Then claim it on your higher ego and you are good to go.

drackiller
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
PLay a new character. fill his inventory then do that mission. The gun will be placed in your inventory with no ego. Then claim it on your higher ego and you are good to go.

Damn it, your GOOD :) After all , your Batman ;)

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Damn it, your GOOD :) After all , your Batman ;)

That's how it worked last week. Let us hope, the patch didn't ninja a stop to that, in.

Twiste
04-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Was so stoked today when the dlc came out. Am a season pass holder so jumped right on in a co op map with some clanmates. Still trying to understand how the threat system works but all in all I love the weapon buff and love the challenges of each co op map.

New enemies are cool but the one thing I had a problem with were the volge. Jumped in to help clanmates clear the inside of a major arkfall and it was pure chaos. An entire group of players were decimated because the volge were so relentless. It was so bad we instantly died the moment we spawned. To the point I glitched and couldn't even extract, character was just standing there incapacitated. Tried luring the volge away from the spawn area by even crawling when incapacitated and it worked for like, a minute before the AI turned the bombers and elites back to the spawn zone and back to square 1. I lost so much scrip from extracting over and over just to die again. We all lost that arkfall, couldn't even make it to warmaster because it was just ridiculous. Especially with just one spawn area. I don't know if it was intentional or just a glitch but it was a terrible experience.

Other then that so far the dlc is cool. Having trouble fighting two hulkers but will figure out a way to beat them.

Would love to play as an indogene warrior or something.
And I know some blades are op as hell, but I would like to further mod my charge blade with some type of nano effect, to give that edge against hordes. Would be pretty awesome

txdannyboo
04-16-2014, 06:48 AM
So I think this new patch is worthless! the new uniforms and enemies look good and all. but the gameplay has gone down. I am a clan memeber and we do our daily mission everyday in about 30mins to an hour. I logged in yesterday and it took a full group to do one daily over an hour and we died alot! the weapon and sheild upgrades look nice as numbers ONLY. I carry a large vareity of weapons on my character (whites, blues, greens, purples, oranges) and all of them went up in damage and other abilities but in gameplay it feels like they are ALL WHITES. I hate to be the one to say this but the little hellbugs that run around and jump at you we the best way to farm for ammo and other items to get you buy. NOW I have to unload my full clip on them and reload! That is just on one of those little hellbugs! I did play an event where my ego went up as a buffer to match the 5k Players and it did not help anything the enemies had more shields and I had 2 even thou I was a 4k ego? I also looked at the new vendor of orange weapons and guess what???? You have to have an ego of 5k or better!!!!!!!!!!! What is the point in those weapons for people who are less than 5000 in ego? One of my clans members did try the to upgrade there weapons using the arkforge points. and it only upgrades the ego by 100. how does that help? I group up and did a co-op maps in expert level we used our lower level character to do this and everybody was under 2k. The map was hard we were pushed back at every mod but powered thru it. we got the the motherload boss and it was impossible. we did have the ego buffer on at 4k and that was going well but we all kept getting killed. one member of the group left and our 4k buffer turned off and we were back to our normal egos. oh hay gress what the boss yep still up there in the 5k somewhere. One stomp we all died. after group went down to 3 it was not fighting the boss anymore it was staying alive!!!! We finally gave up and I asked what would we get if we won and the prize was a caeruleum core? which you have to be a 5k to use? there is not point to that as well, my clam mate said you can turn it into arkforge credit. but still all that work to earn something I Can't use?

What I'm trying to say is that with the new dlc EVERYBODY who is under 5000 ego has become a brand new player. all of the old weapons don't do any good damage anymore your sheild are as good as when you first started. and your kill rate is the same as bing a level 50 even when you get some new weapons from the dlc which will never be orange since those are all for the 5000 ego and UP! also like when you were a ego of 60 the game is forcing you to team up with other players in order to complete anything. even a single episode?

I have switched to my level 200 character and its the same thing but now I can't hold my own anywhere?

So to close.
This new dlc should have been a stand alone pack or be limited to san fran or another part of the map. having it in the entire map will keep people from playing. This dlc is only made for the 5000 ego level characters. all the new updates are great but show no resolve. eveything in the game got harder and the so called temp buffer doesn't help anything. my ego may be high but my weapons are still being uses as my normal ego. the new challenge of the the game is nice but to hard to meet our daily requirements on the game itself. the time it take to complete is way to long. Overall I play the game to relax and to social with my clan and help out the new member with low ego rates. and that is the way it should be when you have a high ego rating. if this continues what are the clan going to do. if we as higher ego rates can't help out our new members with lower ego ratings and the game is forcing us to in groups. I whole game just turned into a winner take all and no longeer a MMP.

I do hope they remove this DLC and put it back to the the last gunslinger dlc so we can get back to enjoying the game till then I'm going to stop playing.

TheOz
04-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Sledgehammer is that you, back with a different name and same oblivious attitude?!

World's Greatest Detective indeed.

Good call Sir!

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Sledgehammer is that you, back with a different name and same oblivious attitude?!

Nice work, Bats! :)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7b24a988c727db73bcf705a55cb98fa0055ba9a7f131280f3a 158238887f0103.jpg

ClawingBear
04-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I play with a group of new players, Myself I recently restarted to level with them tho my main guy is only level 1.4k my new guy was playing very well I and the group all thought the mobs were suitable for us up until we wondered into the southern areas and learned we needed levels.
Today we all logged in and tried to play, my guy is level 714 the others with me are level 700 500 and 100, We all had ratings in the upper left saying level 4,750 no matter where we went and we all did nothing but get slaughtered.
I myself spent over 20k script buying armor repairs before I decided to play something else.

If the intent was to make the game balanced for the higher level players wile sacrificing the newbies to the gods of Defiance.
Well played.

Jgilk1
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I play with a group of new players, Myself I recently restarted to level with them tho my main guy is only level 1.4k my new guy was playing very well I and the group all thought the mobs were suitable for us up until we wondered into the southern areas and learned we needed levels.
Today we all logged in and tried to play, my guy is level 714 the others with me are level 700 500 and 100, We all had ratings in the upper left saying level 4,750 no matter where we went and we all did nothing but get slaughtered.
I myself spent over 20k script buying armor repairs before I decided to play something else.

If the intent was to make the game balanced for the higher level players wile sacrificing the newbies to the gods of Defiance.
Well played.

im a newer player (1100 ego) what i noticed is that if you keep an eye on the threat lvl (5-7 should be suitable for the 500-700 lvl players) and keep your agro pull down let the higher lvl players tank you guys should be able to have fun in 8-9 threat level instances)... the # you are talking about the 4750 or the 2750 or 1950 is your level power offset its your ego boosting your power... oh and keep your shield plates repaired there a damage buffer

bossman111
04-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Hmm I think that they should rollback this DLC .
The new items, perks, levels and difficulties has been the best thing to come out since the game launched last year and if you're not happy with it then go play some Dark Souls and learn to appreciate the new difficulty setting of this game LOL (Thats a joke, please don't go and break your pc playing DS).

What I am not happy with is the fact that:
- they removed the Ark Salvage for resetting weapon bonuses and added this new expensive thing call ark cores which are friggin hard to get. (10 per completion of Expert Co-op map) (50 required to upgrade you weapon by 100 levels >_> Takes about 1 -2 hours to complete a map, you guys can do math right? )
- The new weapon damage scaling system. Its ridiculous. I spent good long hours mastering my weaponry and devoting time to mastering them and now everyone can master there weaponry within a 24 hour period and not having to spend all the time that other players had to sacrifice to achieve that beautiful level 20 bonus. Also it makes it very hard for any new player to catch up as they have to keep grinding for hours in order to reach a decent enough level to match the new damage/shield rate of other players. It takes ALL the skill out of the game and replaces it with whoever has the higher levels wins.

This is going to give way to the "pay to win" philosophy so many games have today (TQ Games I'm looking at you >_<").
I just purchased a season pass for this game about 2 weeks ago...However had I known about this DLC I would never have done that and would have instead spent the money on doing something more fun like buying a pair of pants that are to small for me + some green paint and running around pretending I'm Hulk, cause that's always fun right ^_^?

But really this DLC isn't really a DLC if you think about it, more like a complete re-structuring of the game, removing its basic principles that the game started with, which were " that levels didn't really matter as all weapons did very similar damage and anyone could simply pick up the game and play without having to grind for hours to reach a certain level" so that you could get better weaponry and be able to fight against other higher level players.
There was also no need to purchase any bit coins in order to progress your weapons or anything like that unlike now where they have made it ridiculously impossible to progress by making the acquisition of such materials insanely difficult to acquire for the average player.

Well now that I've gotten that outta my system, I will be un-installing this game and will make note to stay clear of all Trion games in the future as I have learnt from previous game companies (TQ Games I'm looking at you greedy ****s >_<""" ), that they tend to employ the same or similar tactics to bleed money from their hardworking customers across all their games.

FlameDragon
04-17-2014, 01:55 AM
New DLC is un belivible so hard...
I live and play as a sniper more over 25 years... I was officer in TR army.. ritered now...
I play many game since last 20 years... and fight over 20 years...
Head Shoot mean is direct kill....
all over the worlds and in all armies... and games...
but now I am making more over 50 head shoot to a mob but it is still coming over me...
is you programer have any idea about how to fight?
are they use any sniper riffle in their life or are they see them live?
pls hire a experinaced officer to teach them what is fighing skills...
this was a perfect realistic game... but now bull ****...

PRARPIN
04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
This game is now broken. Please roll back the update. I can't do anything anymore at EGO level 600. I should be able to do my main missions solo with just a bit of a struggle. I can't finish anything...can't progress at all anymore. I'm not even that far in the story progression either. I'm barely in the second part of the map.

Knyghtmare
04-17-2014, 03:47 AM
Trion you really need to listen to these people as well has everyone cause all you getting is negative responses to this DLC myself and my Clan have decided to drop this game from our playlist till its fixed this is ridiculous it took us 45 mins to clear 1 daily contract and it was only us there we were doing fine till a group ok 4k -5k ego player drove in and then left. Phantom ArkHunters are taking a break till you figure out how to fix this shatko

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 03:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

BJWyler
04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Looking for your posts in the forum is more fun than playing the game, now.

Thanks BH!

Ned Kelly
04-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Thanks BH!

+1 to that, gives me a good laugh regularly.

Atticus Batman
04-17-2014, 02:35 PM

Thanks BH!

Friend him. Then when you want a laugh just go to his profile and click on view forum posts. That's what I do to find em! :)

Ezpikins
04-17-2014, 09:20 PM
I paid $65 for the game and $35 for the DLC's. Then Trion turns around and steals $55 out of my pocket by offering the game for $10 bucks after it's failure to produce enough revenue. I'm not sticking another cent into this game, Don't you think the DLC's should be free forever for the people you've ripped off financially?

Thorror
04-18-2014, 08:08 AM
If this isn't strategic, to get players off the Defiance servers so they can claim nobody is playing then it's utter incompetence.

Bonehead
04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
As odd as things look to me on my side of the fence from time to time I really can't believe Trion would purposely try to empty the servers just to shut the game down.

dramaQkarri
04-18-2014, 09:12 AM
If this isn't strategic, to get players off the Defiance servers so they can claim nobody is playing then it's utter incompetence.

Yeah...that incompetence thing really shines thru, doesn't it?

Scapes made mention of trying to get a hotfix in before the weekend. So, wakey-wakey, California! Let's see a lovely post about how you're going to fix at least some of this today!

WiredRogue
04-18-2014, 10:23 AM
(Ego 1960) I was able to solo start an arkfall within a major. Hellbugs were popping with 1-2 bursts from my AR (2-3 bullets per burst). Spore launchers were going down in 1 long burst (maybe 10 rds). I thought it felt about right. Then...

A hellbug suddenly lived through an entire clip (63 rds). WTF went through my mind... that and the "armor plated cockroaches" line from Damnation Alley. I then noticed that another player had joined me. I just started playing again after a very long hiatus, so I am not all current on the state of the game. But it seemed a little unbalanced-- especially when I could be pouring rds into a bug and then have it pop from one shot from another player.

Another experience of note: I jumped into a smash and grab arkfall. Ummm. Seriously? At some point all I could do was laugh as the swarms of fliers and grenadiers just kept coming. We managed a couple times to reduce the mob to a few, but then all was back to insta-gibb and spawn camping volge. Somehow we got thru it. I was ranked #1 with 42 deaths and 10 revives. #2 had 20 deaths and 3 revives. No rewards were given except for whatever whites dropped from the containers. (is that normal?)

So... I'm guessing, from personal experience and reading all these posts, that the auto scaling might be in need of some rethinking.

Quebra Regra
04-18-2014, 10:36 AM
(Ego 1960) I was able to solo start an arkfall within a major. Hellbugs were popping with 1-2 bursts from my AR (2-3 bullets per burst). Spore launchers were going down in 1 long burst (maybe 10 rds). I thought it felt about right. Then...

A hellbug suddenly lived through an entire clip (63 rds). WTF went through my mind... that and the "armor plated cockroaches" line from Damnation Alley. I then noticed that another player had joined me. I just started playing again after a very long hiatus, so I am not all current on the state of the game. But it seemed a little unbalanced-- especially when I could be pouring rds into a bug and then have it pop from one shot from another player.

Another experience of note: I jumped into a smash and grab arkfall. Ummm. Seriously? At some point all I could do was laugh as the swarms of fliers and grenadiers just kept coming. We managed a couple times to reduce the mob to a few, but then all was back to insta-gibb and spawn camping volge. Somehow we got thru it. I was ranked #1 with 42 deaths and 10 revives. #2 had 20 deaths and 3 revives. No rewards were given except for whatever whites dropped from the containers. (is that normal?)

So... I'm guessing, from personal experience and reading all these posts, that the auto scaling might be in need of some rethinking.

Because some might not remember the original armoured skitterlings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjiOb8WZoEo

If only we had a motorcycle to escape on! Yup, all that and an "enjoy yer white, sucker" kick in the arse for yer efforts.

Zergor
04-18-2014, 11:31 AM
So I don't play as much as I used to, I jump in here and there for a few hours of action hero fun style play. I did so last night and all I can say is ... wtf happened to this game.

I go to an ark fall and empty clips into enemies and they are still barely scratched. I go to a volge event, and died about 3 times within seconds of being revived before I could walk away. Couldn't kill anything, 3000 rounds of ammo later.

Ran to a misc road event and felt that was still fun, quick dirty, dodging, shooting, stuff died, I had to hide once or twice to avoid dying.

Something is broken. Some great ideas, but terrible implementation.

And why do I still have weapons that are purple that still haven't be upgraded to have the correct number of bonuses? Seriously this can't be hard to fix. I need some damn backpacks to sort items into. This 216 long list of inventory is nightmarish to figure out what is keep trash or who knows next patch might be good.

DLC thus far has been not worth the price of admission. These are changes that should have come to improve the game regardless. Why am I still finding the outfits I originally bought with BITS prior to DLC coming out more appealing than the new stuff?

stefan
04-19-2014, 10:01 AM
dont buy the dlc defiance souls prepare to die edition:D

Cathair
04-19-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't really appreciate the various comparisons to Dark Souls that I've seen in relation to DLC 5. Overstating the difficulty of Dark Souls has basically become a meme, when the game is actually a prime example of how to do difficulty in a very 'fair' way that rewards player skill and thoughtful approaches, and can't be overcome by grinding or buying from a cash shop. DLC 5 is pretty much the opposite, a broken timesink where no amount of skill can save you from having to stand there and pour half your ammo reserve into each single grunt.

Dark Souls level difficulty in Defiance would look very, very different from this ill-conceived garbage.

Elastik Spastik
04-21-2014, 04:53 AM
Im nearly 4000 ego but i just hate everything that dlc 5 has done to defiance. Totally broke this game for me. I have always said to make enemies harder in the open world but this is just too much. I would like harder enemies when more people are around but everything else in dlc 5 has ruined Defiance. Alot of changes that in my opinion were not needed. Everything i own is basically now scrap.

Grandpa Ace
04-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Agreed...I won't go to much of anything that involves the OVERPOWERED VOLGE. Yes, I'm yelling. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I'm a Season Pass holder and I'm very ticked off. I used to like the WM battles, and my grandson would join me, however, we can't even get into the darn thing anymore because we all get killed outside...before we even get inside, and heaven forbid we ever get inside because the same thing will happen, viz., BEAT UP BY THE OVER-POWERFUL, EVER SPAWNING VOLGE. And yes, this still happens at the VOLGE incursions too. Anything involving the VOLGE these days is FUBAR (Fowled Up Beyond All Recognition)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant, but the new DLC is bologna, and the is putting it nicely.
GPA

it took 30 min today just to clear darkmater away from a warmaster site just to get throttled upon entering the wreckage by the volge below. and it took me 20 min just to solo pharabohs farm for the top notch daily. also im on my tenth try at resetting my weapon xp bonus and getting a roll worth keeping. and those legendaries you get in the paradise and chimera vendor that take weeks to be able to buy, ive scrapped better than those. I paid your company $10 AGAIN in hopes of a more expansive and rewarding experience for a dlc. its a shame theres a lot of people out there who had or have high hopes for this game and you guys have been slowly choking the life out of it with each dlc you release.

btw bmgs aren't scoring any points when used on a shielded enemy.

ColapsN7
04-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Agreed...I won't go to much of anything that involves the OVERPOWERED VOLGE. Yes, I'm yelling. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I'm a Season Pass holder and I'm very ticked off. I used to like the WM battles, and my grandson would join me, however, we can't even get into the darn thing anymore because we all get killed outside...before we even get inside, and heaven forbid we ever get inside because the same thing will happen, viz., BEAT UP BY THE OVER-POWERFUL, EVER SPAWNING VOLGE. And yes, this still happens at the VOLGE incursions too. Anything involving the VOLGE these days is FUBAR (Fowled Up Beyond All Recognition)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant, but the new DLC is bologna, and the is putting it nicely.
GPA

Solo *1 player (test Live Version Defiance ) **Data screenshot) — 27 ‎апреля ‎2014 ‎г., ‏‎7:02:40 * До рестарт Сервера.
http://i55.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0428/3f/6660f9dd98cfaef40ce3a5902f2fae3f.jpg

Patch 1.5.0.4 Major *Fix ***Q-1-10 Threat KD% HP shield ***
:rolleyes: .

N3gativeCr33p
04-28-2014, 05:03 AM
LMAO

51 downs? Thanks, but no thanks. :rolleyes:

crazyged
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm a long-time gamer, but new to defiance (measly 800 Ego).

I have to say, I'm addicted to this game. I started playing about a month before DLC 5 and was progressing at a fair clip - and then I started dying in ways to gruesome to mention... But I love it!

Yes, it's unbalanced and I don't even bother going to arkfalls or any major event, but I'm still steadily growing my ego, collecting what I can and hanging in there. I have faith that the balance will be restored and I can slow down the grinding at Iron Demon Ranch, but even if it isn't, I'm still having a whale of a time! What draws me to the game is the unspoken camaraderie amongst players, the stopping to help someone on the wayside and then silently going on your way... I don't mind that I'm a tasty morsel for an infected at level 10, or a smear on the road for a Volge. I'm getting better and stronger all the time... before the next week or so is out, I'll hit my first 1000 Ego and then I'll grind for the next 1000.

The single player missions are still very doable, and if I'm lucky enough, I get the occasional roadside event all to myself, at a nice level 2.

I swear at this game a lot (like when I was unceremoniously disconnected mid-mission for a server thing), but I'm going to keep on playing...

I hope a lot of you all do too!

Ironhide
04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Well the Playstation Store has been updated and no sign of DLC 5 Arktech Revolution on it. Wonder if Sony or Trion halted its deployment?

Mia Faith
04-29-2014, 02:47 PM
what do you get with it?

Quebra Regra
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
what do you get with it?

aside from the features detailed in the patch notes (see link), you get gob smacked:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?155641-Patch-1.5-DLC-5-Arktech-Revolution-4-15-14

Consider it the buggier version of "flappy bird" for defiance :P

castlequil
05-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Can anyone tell me how to actually use arkforge to increase weapons and shields???? I have 1200 Arkforge and cannot seem to "modify" anything....

Scapes
05-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Can anyone tell me how to actually use arkforge to increase weapons and shields???? I have 1200 Arkforge and cannot seem to "modify" anything....

Equipment upgrading can be done with the salvage matrix (use the Upgrade Rating option).

K Ron Spliffs
05-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Equipment upgrading can be done with the salvage matrix (use the Upgrade Rating option).

Don't forget to make sure it is unequipped if your going to upgrade power ratting.

Iceberg
05-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Don't forget to make sure it is unequipped if your going to upgrade power ratting.

And that it has to be 100 ego levels under your current level for you to upgrade it.