PDA

View Full Version : why did my guns scale differently?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-15-2014, 06:39 PM
i have 6 vbi assault rifles that were leveled thanks to the awesome 75% boost trion gave us. i dont understand why they all scaled differently so i will post the vitals for comparison.

all of these are ego 3957

vbi 1 - crit mod, no damage roll, bio
damage = 1979 (i use this as a base since is has no damage buffs of any kind)

vbi 2 - tier 3 power bore, no damage roll, radiation (pre patch)
damage = 2235

vbi 3 - tier 3 power bore, no damage roll, radiation(post patch)
damage = 2235

vbi 4 - tier 3 crit barrel, orange 1.10 damage roll, electric
damage = 2177 (i can attribute this to the crit barrel vs power bore)

vbi 5 - tier 3 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, fire
damage = 2224 (dont understand why the damage is lower than 2 & 3 with identical power bore and a damage roll)

vbi 6 - tier 4 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, syphon
damage = 1888

vbi 6 is the real reason i ask this question. with the same damage roll as 5, and a higher tier power bore, it does 150 points less damage. i dont understand how the damage leveling worked, but i would like to think this with matching base damage, the modifiers like rolls and mods should make numbers 5 and 6 the highest damage dealers i have, but as you can see they both took a hit against guns with lesser stats.

please explain this to me

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-15-2014, 06:43 PM
after looking at other items, it seems that the syphon weapons are taking a massive hit due to the nano.

vbi 7 - ego 4889 (almost 1000 rgo higher than the rest), tier 3 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, syphon
damage = 1957???

thats still 80 points lower than the others of much lower ego

Atticus Batman
04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
after looking at other items, it seems that the syphon weapons are taking a massive hit due to the nano.

vbi 7 - ego 4889 (almost 1000 rgo higher than the rest), tier 3 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, syphon
damage = 1957???

thats still 80 points lower than the others of much lower ego

Maybe your guns didn't get the memo?

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
The nanos have have an effect on the card damage now.

Atticus Batman
04-15-2014, 06:49 PM
I saw this in another thread and copied the quote for you, hope it helps.

There is something very wrong at the end of that video. Your EGO rating dropped back down to 685. That shouldn't happen so the scaling is now broken in the opposite direction to what it was on the test server (there your Threat Level buff stayed indefinitely even if you fast traveled to another point).

A couple of notes about your weapon. If you didn't upgrade it's power rating then it is not going to help you at all in any fight. It's a Syphon nano weapon. Those now do the worst damage in game in most situations compared to their counterparts that have nano effects (the one exception being Electrical against health). They not only have damage reduction modifiers against both shields and health but they have the largest card damage malus out of all the weapons with nano-effects compared to nano-less weapons. The chief tactical advantage of Syphon weapons are that they are self healing guns that constantly replenish your health and shields while you are hitting a target.

Deunan
04-15-2014, 06:57 PM
The nanos have have an effect on the card damage now.This. If you want more details please read the thread on Elemental damage effects (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154737-DLC5-Elemental-damage-modifiers) in the Alpha Test Server forum, especially posts #1, 30, and 31. If you don't use this information in selecting your loadouts you will suffer significantly for it.

maverick07
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
i have 6 vbi assault rifles that were leveled thanks to the awesome 75% boost trion gave us. i dont understand why they all scaled differently so i will post the vitals for comparison.

all of these are ego 3957

vbi 1 - crit mod, no damage roll, bio
damage = 1979 (i use this as a base since is has no damage buffs of any kind)

vbi 2 - tier 3 power bore, no damage roll, radiation (pre patch)
damage = 2235

vbi 3 - tier 3 power bore, no damage roll, radiation(post patch)
damage = 2235

vbi 4 - tier 3 crit barrel, orange 1.10 damage roll, electric
damage = 2177 (i can attribute this to the crit barrel vs power bore)

vbi 5 - tier 3 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, fire
damage = 2224 (dont understand why the damage is lower than 2 & 3 with identical power bore and a damage roll)

vbi 6 - tier 4 power bore, blue 1.05 damage roll, syphon
damage = 1888

vbi 6 is the real reason i ask this question. with the same damage roll as 5, and a higher tier power bore, it does 150 points less damage. i dont understand how the damage leveling worked, but i would like to think this with matching base damage, the modifiers like rolls and mods should make numbers 5 and 6 the highest damage dealers i have, but as you can see they both took a hit against guns with lesser stats.

please explain this to me

Syphon weapons do have reduced DMG puddy. I imagine that is because they heal at a much faster rate than they used to as every shot will heal you from a percentage of DMG dealt.

As for the 2nd and 3rd VBI did you convert those with Radiation? I do know that no nano weapons have a higher base DMG now than anything else with a nano. That is the only thing I can think of because a blue power bore shouldn't be giving you that much extra DMG. Unless they changed something with the DMG formula which I haven't looked at enough weapons yet to see.

Another thing I noticed is there wasn't a big gap between my stuff from 3934 to 5000. However, for the stuff I did level past 5000, I noticed a larger difference. My Bio EGO 5241 VBI AR (blue power bore no DMG rolls) is up to 2700 something, versus a Shock EGO 5000 VBI AR, that does around 2300 (OJ DMG roll no DMG mod). So about 400 DMG per shot difference between 5000 and 5241.

Same story with shields.

EGO 5000 orange Rhino Regen = 14,400 ish cap upgraded to EGO 5200 = 17,000 ish now
EGO 3934 orange Rhino Charger = 13,500 cap didn't upgrade (maybe a month later when I have enough arkforge :D)

I will try and look at more stuff over the next few days, including lower EGO stuff, and see if I notice any more patterns.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-15-2014, 07:04 PM
This. If you want more details please read the thread on Elemental damage effects (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154737-DLC5-Elemental-damage-modifiers) in the Alpha Test Server forum, especially posts #1, 30, and 31. If you don't use this information in selecting your loadouts you will suffer significantly for it.

thank you for the link. if im reading it right, my syphon vbi takes a 25% hit just for being syphon, then another 20 something percent reduction against health and shields. so it literally gets a 40% reduction against anything just because its syphon.

i guess ill throw it behind the shed with non sub-class shields

Bonehead
04-15-2014, 07:06 PM
thank you for the link. if im reading it right, my syphon vbi takes a 25% hit just for being syphon, then another 20 something percent reduction against health and shields. so it literally gets a 40% reduction against anything just because its syphon.

i guess ill throw it behind the shed with non sub-class shields

If you like the gun, nano converters will help the card damage quite a bit. You only have fire and rad to choose from but still...

Deunan
04-15-2014, 07:08 PM

i guess ill throw it behind the shed with non sub-class shieldsIt saved my life when I was seriously out of my depth at Threat Level elevated events on the Test Server so I wouldn't be so quick to discard it. Don't forget that even with caps for Opportunist and Teamwork points it will still get you decent scores until those cap, especially if it keeps you from incurring multiple 1000 point penalties for dying. They're now pretty awful weapons for group DPS driven events like the fight against the Warmaster now though.