PDA

View Full Version : Love the new patch but syphon needs to be brought in line with the other nano's

duction
04-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Been trailing different guns and nano's in Pve and pvp, syphon element has become really bad, it doesn't even compare to the others. What made you guys choose the stats for this?

What's everyone else's views on this?

Deunan
04-16-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm fine with it as it is. The place where it really shines is when you are really out of your depth in terms of being able to otherwise mitigate escalated mob damage. It was my alternate weapon in my loadout when three of us were doing a Major Arkbreak on the test server. I was the middle player in terms of EGO rating with Fuzzle above me by about 900 points and Aeris below me by about the same and swapping out to the syphon weapon saved me from death several times because it would consistently restore my health and shields when I was close to dying with its leeching effect which works continuously as you shoot a mob with it.

polarity
04-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Well so long as the syphon weapon has the same damage as an identical weapon except with no nano effect, I can't see a problem. You're just getting a different bonus.

I noticed some mods add nano effects. What happens when you add them to a weapon with an existing one? Overwrite, ignored or double effect? Would make sense to at least be able to switch them, what with there being damage resistances.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Been trailing different guns and nano's in Pve and pvp, syphon element has become really bad, it doesn't even compare to the others. What made you guys choose the stats for this?

What's everyone else's views on this?

Syphon took a major damage hit becuase it now procs almost non-stop, so a syphon gun is now more of a leach-gun than a life-stealing beast!

Deunan
04-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Well so long as the syphon weapon has the same damage as an identical weapon except with no nano effect, I can't see a problem. You're just getting a different bonus.It doesn't. All nano weapons have a card damage malus compared to nano-less weapons. It adds previously non-existent value to nano-less weapons which IMO is a good thing. Syphon has the largest malus of all nano weapons. On top of that it has damage reduction modifiers against shields and health. That's what I take Duction is getting at, but it's a great self healing gun and if a gun does that as well as it does I think it's unfair that it gets the biggest damage nerf out of all the other nano-weapons.

duction
04-16-2014, 04:41 PM
oh i agree it cant have everything going for it but its no good in pvp when you are 1 shot killed, kind of stupid really.

Deunan
04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
oh i agree it cant have everything going for it but its no good in pvp when you are 1 shot killed, kind of stupid really.Which is more stupid, the fact that it's not good because there are so many builds that can 1HK a player in PVP or the fact that there are so many builds that can 1HK a player in PVP?

duction
04-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Is have to go with 'C' cannot use guns nano ability correctly as your health is 100% gone in 1 shot from someone, how do you heal that? Lol

ConcreteSnake
04-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Well so long as the syphon weapon has the same damage as an identical weapon except with no nano effect, I can't see a problem. You're just getting a different bonus.

I noticed some mods add nano effects. What happens when you add them to a weapon with an existing one? Overwrite, ignored or double effect? Would make sense to at least be able to switch them, what with there being damage resistances.

it overwrites the nano, I have a sniper with syphon that did 7400 dmg, I slapped a radiation converter on it and dmg jumped to over 9000

duction
04-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Wow nice, did not know this