PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Arkforge

Teddymouse
04-16-2014, 01:09 AM
After getting my 1000 for the DLC I used up my rep and keys to open probably 20 boxes and got an additional 90. I do appreciate the boost of items to 75% of my lecel being 5k...but with the number of legendaries I have and will use on a regular basis that 1090 Arkforge did squat. Knowing that people would have to carry at least 3 different nanos to deal with the new mobs I picked up a few of the weapon types I like before the DLC. I Have 12+ items to level at least 1250 EGO to make them so I am not using a under rated item against tier 4 mobs. That means I need 7200+ Arkforge to level those items just to get them to 5k.

The chance to get 20-50 from a box is junk as it seems to be 1 in 7ish chance. You also get 10 from doing a expert co op that takes about an hour to do...not a just amount for the time spent and number of deaths. You are supposed to get some from the War Monkey but cant be killed once again. Sieges, Arkfalls, and Incursions give only after you break a score threshold which most people wont as the number of deaths kill their scores. Oh and you can get 500 for $20 which is a waste.

It will take me forever to get the Arkforge to get my weapons updated...and that does not include my other character. I cant imaginge what it will end up being like for a new person who gets a really good weapon at a low level. Trion needs to stop being greedy and make it so there are more ways to get Arkforge...especially for how hard we are going to have to work now.

polarity
04-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Pretty low of a F2P developer to make you spend RL money to keep using what you already had. May as well make the game subscription and produce some actual content if you're going to do that.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Pretty low of a F2P developer to make you spend RL money to keep using what you already had. May as well make the game subscription and produce some actual content if you're going to do that.

All F2p developers have tons of money sinks in a game. The problem is that the game is NOT F2P, it is B2P. F2P(free to Play) Means you download and play for free. B2P(nuy to Play) means you buy the game before you can play it. So even if you got this game for cheap it is still B2P.

Teddymouse
04-16-2014, 01:43 AM
I have already spent my $100 to play this game. The least they can do is make it so that its easier to get the Arkforge other then pay for it. Not everyone has the money to pay $20 for 500 Arkforge which is not worth that price...thats only 1000 EGO worth of item leveling. Im sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Just give us more ways to earn it or give more for what we are doing.

Pandur
04-16-2014, 01:51 AM
I have already spent my $100 to play this game. The least they can do is make it so that its easier to get the Arkforge other then pay for it. Not everyone has the money to pay $20 for 500 Arkforge which is not worth that price...thats only 1000 EGO worth of item leveling. Im sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Just give us more ways to earn it or give more for what we are doing.

Thing is, if you "only" spend 100$ on the game and if 20$ for 500 Arkforge is too much for you, you're just not whale enough.
And if you're not whale enough you're not part of the target audience anymore.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 01:57 AM
They won't wreck their supply/demand ratio by making something for sale in the bit store more available in game.

oasis387
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
this is pretty disappointing to me, what they have done with the direction of this game. It seems the new devs are about as talented as nickelback...

Teddymouse
04-16-2014, 02:07 AM
They won't wreck their supply/demand ratio by making something for sale in the bit store more available in game.

Exactly my point! They have lost enough money running players off on their own...no need to make the remaining suffer for their bad management. Increase drops and rewards and lower costs.

JShore
04-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Not enough Arkforge indeed.
This Arkforge introduction in the game, and making it hard to acquire it, feels like a really 'son of a *****' move from them.
I guess I'm not part of the target audience, as after paying for the game I don't have intentions of spending extra.
And let's not blame the developers (programmers), in most companies the Dev team only does what the managers ask them to.

ConcreteSnake
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
this is pretty disappointing to me, what they have done with the direction of this game. It seems the new devs are about as talented as nickelback...

Hahahahahahahaha, shot soda out of my nose as this is the most perfect description of what's going on. "there was a copy-paste error across all shields when we raised their and some legendary were worse than epics, so we fixed that (by copy-pasting another stat from one shield to all shields)"

oasis387
04-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Hahahahahahahaha, shot soda out of my nose as this is the most perfect description of what's going on. "there was a copy-paste error across all shields when we raised their and some legendary were worse than epics, so we fixed that (by copy-pasting another stat from one shield to all shields)"

I don't know what to think of these dudes. I know I want to think its gonna be for the better, but kinda know how it's really gonna be...

pluto
04-23-2014, 10:36 AM
I have 100 items/weapons. The 1000 arkforge doesnt cut it even remotely. Trion does need to supply us with a reasonable way to get more arkforge in game. I also bought the game and season pass for a total of approximately $140. I have spent money in the store on several occasions. And anyone who thinks you have to "whale it"(sounds ******ed i know) and pay $20 for 500 arkforge which might last you all of 2 minutes needs to move out of their mom's basement. In the real world people cant afford to throw money at one game. Not everyone plays defiance in all their spare time. Most have actual lives and more than one game.

So please, Trion, play your game and see what a pain you have made this new system. Make it playable. Not quitable. Thank you.

mr8liner
04-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Pluto, do you really need to level up 100 items?? You can only use one gun at a time and have one sheild in use at a time. even if you were to put different guns and sheild in each slot that would only be 15.

I have over 150 orange weapons/items. I have been looking at the one that I think will work the best for my play style. The ones I don't need/want will go to my lower toon, or i'll just sell them.

From playing and the AF that I got for the dlc I was able to level up 10 of my best guns/sheilds. I know over time I will be able to do more, but for now these are the ones that will help get through the game.

For the other people who posted on this thread. This tread was started on th 16th, one day after the dlc came out, all the post are from the 16-17th except for Pluto's and mine.

You all need to give the game more time to get the AF that you will need for your guns. I mean a house doesn't get built in a day. You should have all the Af you need in one day either

Atticus Batman
04-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Pluto, do you really need to level up 100 items?? You can only use one gun at a time and have one sheild in use at a time. even if you were to put different guns and sheild in each slot that would only be 15.

I have over 150 orange weapons/items. I have been looking at the one that I think will work the best for my play style. The ones I don't need/want will go to my lower toon, or i'll just sell them.

From playing and the AF that I got for the dlc I was able to level up 10 of my best guns/sheilds. I know over time I will be able to do more, but for now these are the ones that will help get through the game.

For the other people who posted on this thread. This tread was started on th 16th, one day after the dlc came out, all the post are from the 16-17th except for Pluto's and mine.

You all need to give the game more time to get the AF that you will need for your guns. I mean a house doesn't get built in a day. You should have all the Af you need in one day either

Mr8liner, all the I do agree with you, look back at the join dates of the biggest complainers. Most have been around from the start, so they are probably between the 3600 and 5800 ego ranges. Now think about the fact that ego weapon didn't mean anything before. While I scrapped/sold everything under ego 3k, several of them had favorite guns that they have had from the start, including mission guns, like Nolan's Ar.

The guns/shield are probably all way below ego 1k for those high level players. SO it will take loads of Af, just to upgrade thier favorite/most useful guns. Trion is in it for the money as all businesses are. I get that and am fine with it. But to keep from alienating all their loyal customerrs, they could have leveled all equipped gear 100%. That would have atleast given everyone a couple shields and guns at their current levels to use, while they cleared or upgraded inventory.

Daimian
04-23-2014, 03:20 PM
I am finding that my arkforge inventory is keeping up splendidly with my spending.
Although there are two significant factors, nothing but T2 lock box from now on, OJs will devour your entire arkforge stock quicker than a Pow in a mushroom patch.

OJs will just have to be done periodically until we catch up with the fact we did not have arkforge throughout all that time spent collecting them, only a handful of are worth investing in anyways.

Having to buy nothing but bottom line lock boxes will not hurt my scrip so much considering I'm returning to base nowadays to unload all blues and purps instead of green and whites, something the low levels also get in exchange for zero kills when a big dog strolls up to the feeding ground.

StillGoinUnKnown
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
All F2p developers have tons of money sinks in a game. The problem is that the game is NOT F2P, it is B2P. F2P(free to Play) Means you download and play for free. B2P(nuy to Play) means you buy the game before you can play it. So even if you got this game for cheap it is still B2P.

Games f2p currently....

Chump Norris
09-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Games f2p currently....

Is it really?

crazyged
09-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Well, at least the upgrade rating costs have been halved - makes a big difference.

Bentu
09-04-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm currently leveling up 2 characters and mainly soloing sieges and doing incursions, I do enough to get the top tier rewards but I'm finding it difficult to get enough af to maintain 4 blue weapons at a time.
The trouble is I can't get enough af to keep those weapons up with my ego, if I was to do the pursuits, for instance the data recorders or time trials/hotshots my ego would far outstrip the rewards obtainable to keep my mediocre weapons at my level.

Trying to do this with epics or ojs would be impossible unless you could run expert co ops with friends but even then you'd be hard pushed as 5k players are having trouble to.

The reward system still needs a overhaul, yes you can buy af with bits but if you haven't got it you're stuffed.

Rouge Assasin
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
You can have another player do all the "hard" work for you! Yesterday, I paid another player 100k SCRIP to upgrade 2 weapons to legendary. The going rate is 500 arkforge for 50k. Just something to chew on!
I have all the weapons I will ever need. So scrip is of no use to me now, except to open arkfalls.
Just make sure player is trustworthy.....

KILLSHOT707
09-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Agreed 500 forage should be $5.00. I have also only been getting 1 forage for the daily reward and 10 for the weekly. It was 10 and 50. Not easy when your running 4 to 6 toons.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-10-2014, 11:56 AM
you see why we need xtra forge weekends people

Valzius
02-12-2015, 05:14 AM
So how in the world do you even get arkforge in the first place

WhiteStrike
02-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Necro much?

Ryker Vorton
02-12-2015, 06:18 AM
I know this is a zombie thread, but....

As much as i agree that the game needs income to keep going i always had a firm belief: You /dev/admin) can change whatever you like for better, vener for worse, and the mega-nerf in arkforge aquisition is some of those things that should never ever happen, and lest of all with such a poor excuse as it was given to us when it happened ("to prevent the excesive proliferation of legendary weapons in the game")

And this!

You can have another player do all the "hard" work for you! Yesterday, I paid another player 100k SCRIP to upgrade 2 weapons to legendary. The going rate is 500 arkforge for 50k. Just something to chew on!
I have all the weapons I will ever need. So scrip is of no use to me now, except to open arkfalls.
Just make sure player is trustworthy.....

In less than a year that price went up how much? 10 times at least? Sorry, but that is telling me that something in the game's economy is deffinitely NOT working.

brokenshield
02-12-2015, 06:23 AM
Keep in mind that some, if not the majority, of posts like this fall into two categories. Honest mistakes by people who know better and low post count users that may not understand the taboos of necroing an old thread. IMHO, if a thread is relevant, taboo be damned.

This question and many others you will have can best be answered here, http://www.defiancedata.com/currency.php?id=7