PDA

View Full Version : Is my Wolfhound broken? Explain this please?!

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 01:38 AM
I have two Woldhounds in my inventory. Both modded the same, but the lower ego shows alot less damage.

Ego 4000
Syphon
Outlaw
x1.10 DMG roll
DMG total = 3200

Ego 3600
Electric
Machinist
No dmg rolls
DMG total = 3800

Why is my higher ego one, with extra dmg roll, lower than the lower ego one?

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:41 AM
I have two Woldhounds in my inventory. Both modded the same, but the lower ego shows alot less damage.

Ego 4000
Syphon
Outlaw
x1.10 DMG roll
DMG total = 3200

Ego 3600
Electric
Machinist
No dmg rolls
DMG total = 3800

Syphon took like an 80% damage nerf, because it now (supposedly) constantly leaches health.

Chump Norris
04-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Syphon hurts max damage now. I want to say I read it was something like 25% but that has to be wrong....I hope.

Tekrunner
04-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Because syphon. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154737-DLC5-Elemental-damage-modifiers&p=1452733#post1452733)

Yes, it's 25%, not 80%.

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Well that's just frustrating! Such a over complicated system! I just want to compare weapons to know which ones to Ego up!

I didn't notice a constant heal effect while using the Syphon wolf. I was doing an Expert co-op though, so it's hard to say for sure. So much going on!

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Syphon took like an 80% damage nerf, because it now (supposedly) constantly leaches health.

That has not been my experience in game yet.
I used to like syphon for that reason but I think they forgot to set the proc rate higher.
But hey! On the bright side, all the weapons took a mighty nerf with the bullet spongy goodness all the new mobs are sporting.
Unless of course you're at the top ego tier. Then they rock pretty good I'm told.

Tekrunner
04-16-2014, 01:53 AM
I used to like syphon for that reason but I think they forgot to set the proc rate higher.

The constant leech is not from procs. Every time you do any damage with a syphon weapon, you get a fraction of that damage back as health / shield. I have asked Trion if they could give us the numbers for HP / shield leech rates, because they're difficult to test, but so far I haven't gotten a response.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 01:54 AM
The constant leech is not from procs. Every time you do any damage with a syphon weapon, you get a fraction of that damage back as health / shield. I have asked Trion if they could give us the numbers for HP / shield leech rates, because they're difficult to test, but so far I haven't gotten a response.

I don't trust 'em truth be told.

drackiller
04-16-2014, 01:55 AM

So nothing really new here, Syphon was not proccing in matter of sucking healt anyway. Working as intended.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 01:59 AM
Because syphon. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?154737-DLC5-Elemental-damage-modifiers&p=1452733#post1452733)

Yes, it's 25%, not 80%.

Well wether I was shooting shields, armor, or just health. My non-nano heavy Ar did more damage than my syphon heavy ar of the exact same level. So no matter the percentage you quote, No-nano is now bettter than Syphon, unless you have a crappy enough shield and health that you NEED a leech-gun. Nty my non-nano heavy ar also does better against armor and shields than a fire nano heavy ar of the same ego, so atleast non-nanos are now useful. There is that.

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Well wether I was shooting shiedls, armor, or just health. My non-nano heavy Ar did more damage than my syphon heavy ar of the exact same level. So no matter the percentage you quote, No-nano is now bettter than Syphon, unless you have a crappy enough shield and health that you NEED a leach-gun.

Do you think a fire converted AR would work better now without the converter then? I can't tell if the tick dmg is enough of a dmg bump to keep it converted.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Do you think a fire converted AR would work better now without the converter then? I can't tell if the tick dmg is enough of a dmg bump to keep it converted.

Not sure. But my no-nano is purple and my fire is an oj with a fireconverter. So I'd say possibly. But look at it this way. If your fire is from a converter, you can write down the damage it does, then throw a diff mag on it, to see the damage difference. And if it was better with fire in your opinion, then you can throw a new fire on it. I would suggest that for test purposes you replace the convertor with a white/green mod so the test doesn't cost alot though. Remember fire does do more damage to health than no-nano does, so there are some trade-offs either way.

I'd suggest asking Tenrunner or fuzzle, or one of the others that did the testing though. I am not big on testing. I prefer Point then shoot!

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Not sure. But my no-nano is purple and my fire is an oj with a fireconverter. So I'd say possibly. But look at it this way. If your fire is from a converter, you can write down the damage it does, then throw a diff mag on it, to see the damage difference. And if it was better with fire in your opinion, then you can throw a new fire on it. I would suggest that for test purposes you replace the convertor with a white/green mod so the test doesn't cost alot though. Remember fire does do more damage to health than no-nano does, so there are some trade-offs either way.

I'd suggest asking Tenrunner or fuzzle, or one of the others that did the testing though. I am not big on testing. I prefer Point then shoot!

Yeah, more frustration.... Here's this game you've played all year, and for the anniversary we change all the basic game play! Yippee! Does no one on the design team understand subtlety in change?

Atticus Batman
04-16-2014, 02:47 AM
Yeah, more frustration.... Here's this game you've played all year, and for the anniversary we change all the basic game play! Yippee! Does no one on the design team understand subtlety in change?

And as a celebration......we give you a day long and weekend long boost before the dlc drops! Guess what the dlc should have came with?.......(man I can't believe I am about to say this!!!).......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................................A week long LOOT boost so we could get some decent weapons our current level to replace all our old ones!

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 03:14 AM
And as a celebration......we give you a day long and weekend long boost before the dlc drops! Guess what the dlc should have came with?.......(man I can't believe I am about to say this!!!).......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................................A week long LOOT boost so we could get some decent weapons our current level to replace all our old ones!

I would love to see the mythical Rarity Boost. Apparently they had one last year about a week before I started playing. It would be nice if I could get a decent replacement weapon. Or at least have a more productive way to earn Ark Forge.

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2014, 05:30 AM

BRAVO! BRAVO!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/KurtClapping_zpse86c6e1c.gif

ConcreteSnake
04-16-2014, 05:47 AM

Ego 4000
Syphon
Outlaw
x1.10 DMG roll
DMG total = 3200

Ego 3600
Electric
Machinist
No dmg rolls
DMG total = 3800

I know you don't want to hear this but, put a radiation converter on the syphon one. Fire takes a large penalty against shields. I had a nice syphon semi auto sniper that was doing 7129 dmg and I realized I didn't really need the health leaching so I figured I'd test it out and put a rad converter on it. Instantly boosted to 9417 dmg and since radiation bypasses 2.5 plates of armor it can deal substantially more dmg to health or shields compared to syphon.

bigguy
04-16-2014, 05:50 AM
My clan mates and i were talking alot last night while we were playing about all of the changes and the nanos and what was working and not working. My one friend who was using syphon most of the night said that syphon was constantly leaching health to him the whole time. He said that every single bullet was giving him health while we were doing expert coops , i would have to think that with the op using a semi auto pistol it would be harder to see the health benefit than if he were using an automatic rifle.

Storm58
04-16-2014, 06:45 AM
But hey! On the bright side, all the weapons took a mighty nerf with the bullet spongy goodness all the new mobs are sporting.
Unless of course you're at the top ego tier. Then they rock pretty good I'm told.

I'm EGO 1700. I LOVE the game now (few scaling issues aside).

Critical Errors
04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
My clan mates and i were talking alot last night while we were playing about all of the changes and the nanos and what was working and not working. My one friend who was using syphon most of the night said that syphon was constantly leaching health to him the whole time. He said that every single bullet was giving him health while we were doing expert coops , i would have to think that with the op using a semi auto pistol it would be harder to see the health benefit than if he were using an automatic rifle.

I'll have to try out my Syphon Springer in an ECO. Maybe it'll keep me alive a little better than the wolfy.