PDA

View Full Version : Cant take it anymore..how do i mod!?

darthsinvader
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Everytime i try to attach it takes me to a blank page. I have 13 mods. Helps please

chicksticker
04-02-2013, 09:07 PM
im wondering the same thing ...the only thing i can think of is that i dont have any mod-able guns.

Solo
04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
when modding check the weapon carefully it will have a specific symbol next to it when modding just match it up and read the mod it will tell you what type of weapons it goes to. when it goes to a blank screen you don't have that specific mod for it. theres stock, scope, barrel, and something else can't recall it. BANG BANG! Have a nice day

darthsinvader
04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
You a boss! Thanks

darthsinvader
04-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Nevermind. Still not working.really confusing man

Solo
04-02-2013, 09:21 PM
it is confusing at 1st. if you get enough money to burn head down to iron demon and buy the mods from there to play with thats how i learned

King_Kable916
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I can never add more than one mod. And never add more slots. Any tips?

darthsinvader
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Im no fool, but quite frankly this is rediculously confusing loool

silvertemplar
04-02-2013, 10:38 PM
It's relatively simple, go into the Salvage Matrix (the screen where you salvage items).

Select your weapon, IF it has a mod slot, you well get an extra option below the "Salvage Item" in the lines of "Modify Item" . If you double click that, you will get a screen showing the mods you can slot into the slot.

So far the mods seems to be very specific to specific weapons, so you can't just slot any mod in any weapon.

Also if you look at your weapons in your inventory, you can usually see their mod slots, it is like little squares instead of a "-" . So it is my understanding you can't mod all weapons, pretty much like you get items in Diablo where you can slot gems , and items you can't slot anything. I assume your weapon needs the "square" blocks to allow it to be modded. If it's all just "----" then you can't mod it. So i assume later on you get weapons with more open mod slots and so on.

n1ghtst0rm27
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
It's relatively simple, go into the Salvage Matrix (the screen where you salvage items).

Select your weapon, IF it has a mod slot, you well get an extra option below the "Salvage Item" in the lines of "Modify Item" . If you double click that, you will get a screen showing the mods you can slot into the slot.

So far the mods seems to be very specific to specific weapons, so you can't just slot any mod in any weapon.

Also if you look at your weapons in your inventory, you can usually see their mod slots, it is like little squares instead of a "-" . So it is my understanding you can't mod all weapons, pretty much like you get items in Diablo where you can slot gems , and items you can't slot anything. I assume your weapon needs the "square" blocks to allow it to be modded. If it's all just "----" then you can't mod it. So i assume later on you get weapons with more open mod slots and so on.
I see, makes sense. Seems really restrictive though and I was really looking forward to making some big guns and customizing the crap out of them.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4c1qyH98L1qgmg1do1_500.gif
http://www.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/youtube-gif-freddiew.gif

Fiox
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
you have to reach a certain ego rarting

n1ghtst0rm27
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
you have to reach a certain ego rarting
Hey Fiox can I add you on PSN so we can buddy up on Defiance sometime?

Duckphone
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I see, makes sense. Seems really restrictive though and I was really looking forward to making some big guns and customizing the crap out of them.

You can, you need a ego rating of 200 I believe to add mod slots to weapons that don't have them from the salvage matrix menu. It cost a lot of that green currency though. I will also add that some options require you to unequip your weapon from all loadouts.

gjwhite66
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
You can, you need a ego rating of 200 I believe to add mod slots to weapons that don't have them from the salvage matrix menu. It cost a lot of that green currency though. I will also add that some options require you to unequip your weapon from all loadouts.

Ahh, that is what I was wondering. I don't think Beta had an EGO restriction to it - I think I was around that level before I started modding anyway - so I was wondering what was stopping me now. I have a pocket full of resources to spend.

Fiox
04-02-2013, 11:01 PM
sure psn Fioxnos

jetimblin
04-07-2013, 04:26 PM
actually you can add mod slots to weapons with the dash marks if you have enough salvage and scrip