PDA

View Full Version : When Lower EGO player joined me the enemies became tougher...is this correct?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-16-2014, 06:39 AM
I was at a minor arkfall all by myself crushing mo fos. Im talking like two or three shots and the dark matter were down, it was glorious. Im an ego 4600. My buddy who is an ego 4200 joins me and instantly the enemies become tougher. I guess this kind of makes sense since there were two of us, but i thought the enemies were supposed to go down in skill since an average ego of us would be around 4400 which i would assume is weaker than my original 4600. We still destroyed them but it was a little bit tougher. And no it wasnt 6 shots to kill (double my original kill shots) it was like half a saw clip to kill tougher.

How does this scaling work? it apparently doesn't make the enemies an average between who ever is there, it toughens up higher than what the higher ego was fighting before...

Tsort
04-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Easy fight. Reinforcements come. Harder fight. Here's scaling for you, Trion's logic.

Even worse than that : in your example, enemies got buffed, so the fight was tougher for you. But your mate probably scaled to a higher EGO, so it made the fight easier for him. MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE!!

NeuroticHitman
04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
I was at a minor arkfall all by myself crushing mo fos. Im talking like two or three shots and the dark matter were down, it was glorious. Im an ego 4600. My buddy who is an ego 4200 joins me and instantly the enemies become tougher. I guess this kind of makes sense since there were two of us, but i thought the enemies were supposed to go down in skill since an average ego of us would be around 4400 which i would assume is weaker than my original 4600. We still destroyed them but it was a little bit tougher. And no it wasnt 6 shots to kill (double my original kill shots) it was like half a saw clip to kill tougher.

How does this scaling work? it apparently doesn't make the enemies an average between who ever is there, it toughens up higher than what the higher ego was fighting before...

After the group disbanded a bit last night I went to Bolinas to do the daily pursuit. For a short time I was the only person there and then two very low ego players showed up (both being under 1000). The scaling doesn't seem accurate to me. If it is supposed to be a composite of ALL of the players there, then THEIR egos should have been buffed up...Why though is MY ego being buffed up to 4750?
Consequently enough, EVERY time my ego gets buffed it gets buffed to that number (every time).
Odd...

Overtkill21
04-16-2014, 07:32 AM
The buffing has to do with the Threat Level.

It will buff you to 4750 every time the Threat Level raises to 10.

I think the Threat Level went to 10 in your example due to the number of Arkhunters present and not their EGO level.

Strange that this wasn't mentioned as how it worked - because it seems that is indeed what happens (I witnessed this a few instances myself).

Combo Breaker
04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
It doesn't seem that the weapons they use scale with them. They weren't very effective with me.

dramaQkarri
04-16-2014, 07:42 AM
From what I'm hearing it seems like scaling is not working at ALL. Or, it's working as intended...you decide.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
04-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Also my guns just dont seem to be scaling too well either.

NeuroticHitman
04-16-2014, 07:46 AM
The buffing has to do with the Threat Level.

It will buff you to 4750 every time the Threat Level raises to 10.

I think the Threat Level went to 10 in your example due to the number of Arkhunters present and not their EGO level.

Strange that this wasn't mentioned as how it worked - because it seems that is indeed what happens (I witnessed this a few instances myself).

That is another odd part. IF I remember correctly (and I could be wrong)...but if I am right I am thinking that the threat level only went to Six or so...I'm not certain. I wasn't having problems killing the bugs, and it didn't appear that the other two guys were either but scaling seems off to me.

Bonehead
04-16-2014, 07:47 AM
How does this scaling work?

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't really know.