PDA

View Full Version : Kill an "Apex" level Infected Hulker.

Error404
04-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Okay, so, clearly it's a naming issue as they only go up to 'Formidable' but is such the reason I have 0/5 and 0/25 Despite doing plenty of Kenns Farm, Soleptor Excavation Expert and San Quentin?

Or am I just experiencing yet another lovely bug of Trions? These hulkers are all that stands between me and Snake Bite I and II

Fuzzle
04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Okay, so, clearly it's a naming issue as they only go up to 'Formidable' but is such the reason I have 0/5 and 0/25 Despite doing plenty of Kenns Farm, Soleptor Excavation Expert and San Quentin?

Or am I just experiencing yet another lovely bug of Trions? These hulkers are all that stands between me and Snake Bite I and II

The ones at kenn farm should count. However none of the kenn farms I've been to since the patch have been able to kill one. The waves progress before any have a chance to die.

On Alpha we noticed the name issue, but the kenn farm ones counted even though they were Formidable.

Error404
04-16-2014, 08:49 AM
The ones at kenn farm should count. However none of the kenn farms I've been to since the patch have been able to kill one. The waves progress before any have a chance to die.

On Alpha we noticed the name issue, but the kenn farm ones counted even though they were Formidable.

Curious. I could have sworn I'd killed a minimum of 7 at Kenns. They need to bump the ones up in Soleptor Expert and San Quentin with 4 players then.

There is no point trying to convince noobs only to shoot the hulker when it spawns at Kenns.

Error404
04-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Keeping this in view.

Shadow Andreas
04-17-2014, 12:39 PM

Fuzzle, they do go fast now....I think I was lucky enough to get 1 yesterday (by luck I'm sure). I think the issue is that people are killing the other enemies and advancing the progress bar before we are able to take down the Hulkers....even 1 of them.

Sonic7870
04-17-2014, 12:42 PM
I have the same problem too because of enemy scaling this one is going to be difficult to complete or people are using them for key farming

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I think you'll be happy to learn that we'll be introducing a known issues thread here on the forums that lists bugs we're aware of and working to fix. :o Also, thanks for the report! Y'all rock.

Stefanwulfe
04-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Need to make Kenn Farms waves last until a Hulker is killed before it goes to the next wave.

K Ron Spliffs
04-17-2014, 01:08 PM
I think you'll be happy to learn that we'll be introducing a known issues thread here on the forums that lists bugs we're aware of and working to fix. :o Also, thanks for the report! Y'all rock.

And what about dy'dekuso? By my count, previous DLC should get priority in being fixed.

Nefarious
04-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I was going to try getting ppl together to try Launching the Cure co-op map on Expert to see if there's a Afflicted Tanker or 2 in there. Might just be. Going to go in myself to check it out.

ironcladtrash
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM

This is something we have been asking for a very long time. I always wanted Trion to at least acknowledge they are aware of the issues we present and that it's on a list to get addressed and fixed. Even if it a took a while to get fixed, at least it's on the agenda. For the past year it always seemed like you guys were operating without a list.

Nefarious
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
yeah, no Afflicted Hulker within Launching the Cure. I guess Kenn Farm Siege is the only place.

dramaQkarri
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM
And what about dy'dekuso? By my count, previous DLC should get priority in being fixed.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you...

Error404
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM

Will this include making all Formidable Hulkers count towards the persuit instead of just the one at Kenns Farm?

lifeexpectancy
04-18-2014, 03:46 AM
Will this include making all Formidable Hulkers count towards the persuit instead of just the one at Kenns Farm?

This!!! See Trion, it may be POSSIBLE to kill the ones at Kenns farm, BUT we cannot MAKE the 100 key farmers there attack them. So we are left with a nigh impossible pursuit atm. At least make San Quentioln and Explosions 101 have like a 25% chance to spawn the infected variant. Hell you have to fight TWO of the bastards on expert mode explosions 101 at the same time with only 4 players in a tiny room, yet they dont count for the pursuit? wtf? (nevermind that dekuso is nearly impossible to kill due to the adds and no cover in sight).

Atticus Batman
04-18-2014, 03:51 AM
This!!! See Trion, it may be POSSIBLE to kill the ones at Kenns farm, BUT we cannot MAKE the 100 key farmers there attack them. So we are left with a nigh impossible pursuit atm. At least make San Quentioln and Explosions 101 have like a 25% chance to spawn the infected variant. Hell you have to fight TWO of the bastards on expert mode explosions 101 at the same time with only 4 players in a tiny room, yet they dont count for the pursuit? wtf? (nevermind that dekuso is nearly impossible to kill due to the adds and no cover in sight).

I have no problem killing them. Just group with 2 friends. If all 3 of you are focusing on it, and atleast 2 have ego 3k or higher guns then it should die, before the wave ends. A clanmate and I took 2 down in a row pretty much every wave they spawned. Of course we are both over ego 4k, he was using an ego 4k bug gun and I was using a newly aquired Ego 4100 Oj Crash boomer.

Quebra Regra
04-18-2014, 08:56 AM
I have no problem killing them. Just group with 2 friends. If all 3 of you are focusing on it, and atleast 2 have ego 3k or higher guns then it should die, before the wave ends. A clanmate and I took 2 down in a row pretty much every wave they spawned. Of course we are both over ego 4k, he was using an ego 4k bug gun and I was using a newly aquired Ego 4100 Oj Crash boomer.

Middle of the night maybe?!?!?

I was there at everyone yesterday and they disappeared in under 10 seconds. So I guess were back to detonator camping?

Nefarious
04-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Since Kenn Farm Siege is the only place that spawns Infected Hulkers I think its going to take a community effort to focus together to kill them.

Such a thing has occurred for the War Master fight in that it took a community effort to spread the word around to focus fire on its right arm. And look how fighting the WM is now, everyone is in on the mutual goal of shooting his right arm. Word got around and now its a common thing.

For the Kenn farm Siege I notice players tend to group up more around the Afflicted Spawn point of the Capture Point that is between the Farm House and the Barn Doors. That's the point everyone should go. Who cares if the other points get captured.

If enough players all hang around there to focus on the 2 Hulkers that spawn at that point then the round wont end so abruptly since the overall damage to do so wont be spread out among enemies. Enough ppl focusing fire on a single set of Hulkers when they spawn will die without a hitch.

Quebra Regra
04-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Since Kenn Farm Siege is the only place that spawns Infected Hulkers I think its going to take a community effort to focus together to kill them.

Such a thing has occurred for the War Master fight in that it took a community effort to spread the word around to focus fire on its right arm. And look how fighting the WM is now, everyone is in on the mutual goal of shooting his right arm. Word got around and now its a common thing.

For the Kenn farm Siege I notice players tend to group up more around the Afflicted Spawn point of the Capture Point that is between the Farm House and the Barn Doors. That's the point everyone should go. Who cares if the other points get captured.

If enough players all hang around there to focus on the 2 Hulkers that spawn at that point then the round wont end so abruptly since the overall damage to do so wont be spread out among enemies. Enough ppl focusing fire on a single set of Hulkers when they spawn will die without a hitch.

What yer saying makes sense... maybe if yer a PC player. Nutz on XBOX are still busting locks with 4 present on the WM.

B_Draco
04-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Fuzzle, they do go fast now....I think I was lucky enough to get 1 yesterday (by luck I'm sure). I think the issue is that people are killing the other enemies and advancing the progress bar before we are able to take down the Hulkers....even 1 of them.

If 6 of those bomb throwers didn't spawn, they would be shot at more often, otherwise the general idea of most players is just kill the infected to get the hulkers to disappear. I don't blame 'em as it was fine(yet terribly boring) the way it was to spawn 3 hulkers, now 6 hulkers that are jacked up by the scaling system? Hell yeah most would just rather hide and pick off easy targets so they don't lose points.

I myself would like to get my 25 infected hulker kills, but at the rate it is and player attitude, it'll take weeks... Mind you if clanmates and I could find 'ghost' servers more often, several of us would be done already lol.

Nefarious
04-18-2014, 11:32 AM
What yer saying makes sense... maybe if yer a PC player. Nutz on XBOX are still busting locks with 4 present on the WM.

Yeah but the beauty of this is that Spawn/Capture point usually has the most ppl. Just need all the "Hulker Hunters" to gather there. That point already has the most ppl out of the 3 by a lot every Siege, most of the work of getting ppl to that point is already done. Just a few more ppl from the other 2 points that decide to move to there will tip the scale enough to make it happen.

Deunan
04-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Fuzzle, they do go fast now....I think I was lucky enough to get 1 yesterday (by luck I'm sure). I think the issue is that people are killing the other enemies and advancing the progress bar before we are able to take down the Hulkers....even 1 of them.I think it's also a little relative to the platform. Fuzzle and I are on PC servers and the player populations there, while respectable, are less than those on the Xbox servers. From what I've been told it's an ultra-mega-zergfest at large events on the Xbox servers so I can see how it might be possible to get a few Hulker kills in (but it still speaks to the issue since I've read that before zergs used to kill dozens of Hulkers at Kenn Farm). I do think the speed at which people kill everything else is relevant though as on the test server three of us did manage to kill one because we were the only ones there and we were ignoring the Afflicted as much as possible to focus on one of the Hulkers.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
04-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Curious. I could have sworn I'd killed a minimum of 7 at Kenns. They need to bump the ones up in Soleptor Expert and San Quentin with 4 players then.

There is no point trying to convince noobs only to shoot the hulker when it spawns at Kenns. today we actually killed two of them, I had to prock the crap out of them with an ultimag!!

Lucent
04-18-2014, 12:56 PM
The rounds often end before a Hulker even spawns at all on 360, or spawns with a tiny piece of the round left.

Odessa
04-18-2014, 05:26 PM

This is definitely the issue. They doubled the enemies, but did not seem to change the damage needed enough to compensate for it. At night it seems easier to find a group that will focus on one of the Hulkers, but they don't come out until halfway through so the amount of damage is beyond what is needed. The Hulkers are also disappearing, which makes taking them down before other enemies even more difficult. Luckily I was able t knock this out but so far my other friends/clansmates are still struggling to get one to die in that corner.

otonagamer
04-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Once fire nano glitch is fixed with 1.503, it would be much much easier in Kenn farm Siege.

lifeexpectancy
04-19-2014, 06:15 AM
How bout the invisible enemy glitch, because we just got spanked by the hulkers in freaking soleptor. Not because it's hard, but because both hulkers and the rioters all became invisible to ALL of us except for very brief 1-2 second intervals when they were at 10% health, and remained that way for the rest of the match.

What the f--- is the office like at Trion, just a bunch of monkeys banging on keyboards and praying something works?? What the ever loving f---.

Shadow Andreas
04-21-2014, 08:03 AM
This is definitely the issue. They doubled the enemies, but did not seem to change the damage needed enough to compensate for it. At night it seems easier to find a group that will focus on one of the Hulkers, but they don't come out until halfway through so the amount of damage is beyond what is needed. The Hulkers are also disappearing, which makes taking them down before other enemies even more difficult. Luckily I was able t knock this out but so far my other friends/clansmates are still struggling to get one to die in that corner.

I have also noticed that the Hulkers do not spawn at all the points any more....just one....so everyone else (at the other 2 points) are killing the inflicted that show up and progressing the level. If the Hulkers spawned at all points (like they did previously) then people would be getting kills for them.

Drakestein
04-21-2014, 08:07 AM
Need to make Kenn Farms waves last until a Hulker is killed before it goes to the next wave.

Agreed with this, just like the Viceras at the Volge's sieges

Festival
04-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Stefanwulfe - Need to make Kenn Farms waves last until a Hulker is killed before it goes to the next wave.

Agreed with this, just like the Viceras at the Volge's sieges

Yes...an utterly simple solution that would instantly fix the problem.

But considering what the response was to the equally simple need for a bit more difficult enemies was, I'm betting the "simple" fix to the Hulker problem will take a month to code, involve 5 tiers of variably-difficult Hulkers, require a complex application of multiple nano effects, involve yet another new currency (available in the bit store!), will have multiple problems pointed out on the test server but be released as-is anyway, and cost ten bucks as a DLC.

Drakestein
04-21-2014, 08:32 AM

But considering what the response was to the equally simple need for a bit more difficult enemies was, I'm betting the "simple" fix to the Hulker problem will take a month to code, involve 5 tiers of variably-difficult Hulkers, require a complex application of multiple nano effects, involve yet another new currency (available in the bit store!), will have multiple problems pointed out on the test server but be released as-is anyway, and cost ten bucks as a DLC.

Turbined (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Turbined), Turbined everywhere...
Fix one thing, breaks 10 more that are not related to the new content

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 08:36 AM

The creative team seems to despise "simple and elegant".

Ironhide
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM
What the f--- is the office like at Trion, just a bunch of monkeys banging on keyboards and praying something works?? What the ever loving f---.

Pretty much and I swear their idea monkey flings poo at a board and see's what sticks and goes with that for the next dlc. BTW I heard our next dlc is going to be Squid Princess Lizard Pirates

Hopeisdead
04-21-2014, 09:14 AM
got 5/5 25/25 dont know how.