PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Weapons - Nano Vs Nano-less

Clarity Page
04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Since weapons with Nanos now have reduced damage,
i was wondering if it's better to have a Nano or to have no nano and go for full raw damage.

also what are the best nanos now?

Storm58
04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Since weapons with Nanos now have reduced damage,
i was wondering if it's better to have a Nano or to have no nano and go for full raw damage.

also what are the best nanos now?

By far, the best nano is bio, probably followed by fire. Non-nano guns are a better way to go if you don't have a bio gun or are fighting an enemy without flesh, like Scrappers. However, I like radiation guns for that scenario.

Armor that enemies have really cuts down on the "raw damage" that nano-less guns do.

Clarity Page
04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
By far, the best nano is bio, probably followed by fire. Non-nano guns are a better way to go if you don't have a bio gun or are fighting an enemy without flesh, like Scrappers. However, I like radiation guns for that scenario.

Armor that enemies have really cuts down on the "raw damage" that nano-less guns do.

thanks, i need a Bio Springer.. no i don't springers just eat bullets now whilst chipping away at buffed enemys health.
I might try a saw later see how that goes

Storm58
04-16-2014, 10:21 AM
thanks, i need a Bio Springer.. no i don't springers just eat bullets now whilst chipping away at buffed enemys health.
I might try a saw later see how that goes

What I was doing was using a quick gun with bio, like a zagger or smg, to take away the enemy's armor. After that, I'd switch to either a fire nano beast or a non-nano bolt action. The armor is the biggest obstacle.

Clarity Page
04-16-2014, 10:34 AM
apparently radiation bypass's 2.5 armour plates, which from what I gather its 25% worth of damage protection.
if i can found out how much Bio damage does to plates and how much damage plates can take before breaking, i could compare the two for efficiency

personally rad was my fave nano for some time, i have some radiation saws from months ago that i can try out later

Nefarious
04-16-2014, 10:59 AM
(Perks are rank 3)

Bio:
Virulent: +15% Armor Penetration from Bio attacks
Corrosion: +30% Damage to Armor from Bio attacks
Immunized: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Bio attacks

Electrical:
Live Wire: +15% Damage to shields from your Electric attacks
Electrical Fire: +15% Damage to health from your Electric attacks
Grounded: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Electric attacks

Fire:
Conflaguration: +15% Damage to health from your Incendiary attacks
Flash Point: +15% Damage to shields from your Incendiary attacks
Heath Shield: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Incendiary attacks

Radiation:
Radiation Burns: +15% Damage from your Radiation attacks
Gamma Rays: +25% armor penetration from your Radiation attacks
Lead Lined: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Radiation attacks

Syphon:
Bloodsucker: +6% Health and Shields stolen from syphon attacks
Deadly Apparition: +6% damage from syphon attacks
Strong Soul: -15% Reduced incoming damage from syphon attacks

How Nano weapons fair against shields & health without the buff of the new perks.

Against Shields
Biological: -16%
Electrical: +80%
Incendiary: -40%
Radiation: -10%
Syphon: -25%
No Element: -25%

Against Health
Biological: -10%
Electrical: -59.5%
Incendiary: +21.5%
Radiation: -19%
Syphon: -32.5%
No Element: 0% (no change)

Note: Radiation bypasses 2.5 Armor Plates and Bio is the only nano that destroys armor plates.

Storm58
04-16-2014, 11:24 AM
(Perks are rank 3)

Bio:
Virulent: +15% Armor Penetration from Bio attacks
Corrosion: +30% Damage to Armor from Bio attacks
Immunized: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Bio attacks

Electrical:
Live Wire: +15% Damage to shields from your Electric attacks
Electrical Fire: +15% Damage to health from your Electric attacks
Grounded: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Electric attacks

Fire:
Conflaguration: +15% Damage to health from your Incendiary attacks
Flash Point: +15% Damage to shields from your Incendiary attacks
Heath Shield: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Incendiary attacks

Radiation:
Radiation Burns: +15% Damage from your Radiation attacks
Gamma Rays: +25% armor penetration from your Radiation attacks
Lead Lined: -15% Reduced incoming damage from Radiation attacks

Syphon:
Bloodsucker: +6% Health and Shields stolen from syphon attacks
Deadly Apparition: +6% damage from syphon attacks
Strong Soul: -15% Reduced incoming damage from syphon attacks

How Nano weapons fair against shields & health without the buff of the new perks.

Against Shields

Against Health

Note: Radiation bypasses 2.5 Armor Plates and Bio is the only nano that destroys armor plates.

Where did you get that non-perk info?

Nefarious
04-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Where did you get that non-perk info?

ppl who played alpha. Tekrunner and Deunan from this forum. If you like by all means feel free to correct it if its wrong. If its wrong then it certainly is in range of what its supposed to be.

Deunan
04-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Against Shields[/B]

Against Health

Just for clarification, those numbers for nano weapons are how their damage compares to a non-nano weapon against shields and health.

For how their damage is modified compared to their own card damage it's as follows:

Against shields

Bio: -30%
Fire: -50%
Electricity: +50%
Radiation: -25%
No element: -25%

Against health

Bio: 0% (no change)
Fire: +35%
Electricity: -55%
Syphon: -10%
No element: 0% (no change)The reason for the difference between these two sets of values is because the actual card damage of all nano weapons is less than that of non-nano weapons. Most of them have 10% less base damage except for Syphon which has 25% less base damage.

The end result is that non-nano weapons are pretty decent since they have the lowest damage reduction against shields except for Electrical and Electrical is awful against health, and they do more bullet damage to health than any nano type other than Incendiary which is significantly less effective against shields. My non-nano Wolfhound essentially got buffed against the Warmaster by the update and does more damage to him than the coveted radiation Wolfhound.

Clarity Page
04-16-2014, 01:18 PM
The end result is that non-nano weapons are pretty decent since they have the lowest damage reduction against shields except for Electrical and Electrical is awful against health, and they do more bullet damage to health than any nano type other than Incendiary which is significantly less effective against shields. My non-nano Wolfhound essentially got buffed against the Warmaster by the update and does more damage to him than the coveted radiation Wolfhound.

When you put it like that my no nano double crit wolfy definitely beats my assassin single crit rad wolfhound.

And my v.nice oj saw, it has good rolls but had no nano, has actually improved then :-)