PDA

View Full Version : What an amazing game.......it used to be.

Villious
04-16-2014, 08:33 PM
My friends and I have been playing Defiance for about six weeks. It has been the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long, long time......until now. I'm 48, and have been playing MMO's since before the original Everquest. I've purchased all of the DLC's, with the exception of the latest, and spent about $120 in the cash shop. The gameplay was refreshing, and the story interesting. I was even going to buy the first season of Defiance on blueray, since I have not seen any episodes. I thought I had found an MMO that my friends and I could enjoy for a long time.

The latest DLC is nothing but a lesson in frustration, in my opinion. Didn't even feel like logging in the game today. Instead, I purchased a founder's pack for Everquest Landmark. I'll keep an eye on Defiance to see if they revert back to what was an amazing game. Until then, for me, no point in logging in.

I've been a Trion fan since Rift launched, but how can they do such a good job on Rift, and make such a long series of horrible decisions for Defiance? Not sure that I'll bother with another Trion title, as they've gotten way too much of my money for Defiance. In the future, I'll elect to give it to developers that make more rational decisions. I realize that some people like the current changes, and that's cool. But for myself, and my friends, Defiance just went six feet under.

Rokea
04-16-2014, 08:52 PM
My friends and I have been playing Defiance for about six weeks. It has been the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long, long time......until now. I'm 48, and have been playing MMO's since before the original Everquest. I've purchased all of the DLC's, with the exception of the latest, and spent about $120 in the cash shop. The gameplay was refreshing, and the story interesting. I was even going to buy the first season of Defiance on blueray, since I have not seen any episodes. I thought I had found an MMO that my friends and I could enjoy for a long time.

The latest DLC is nothing but a lesson in frustration, in my opinion. Didn't even feel like logging in the game today. Instead, I purchased a founder's pack for Everquest Landmark. I'll keep an eye on Defiance to see if they revert back to what was an amazing game. Until then, for me, no point in logging in.

I've been a Trion fan since Rift launched, but how can they do such a good job on Rift, and make such a long series of horrible decisions for Defiance? Not sure that I'll bother with another Trion title, as they've gotten way too much of my money for Defiance. In the future, I'll elect to give it to developers that make more rational decisions. I realize that some people like the current changes, and that's cool. But for myself, and my friends, Defiance just went six feet under.
I do recommend checking out the show, I am an avid fan of the show. Even when this game became a 60$ coaster ( I bought it day one) I will keep watching Defiance until syfy pulls the plug on it (like all the other good shows but that's a issue for a different forum) So yes if you get the chance check out the show.