PDA

View Full Version : Stability Issues

rebtattoo
04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Attempting to do a WM and have discoed 3 times and hard froze once.

Having great fun at the exterior, while I can stay logged on....

GM Domitasia
04-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Rest assured we are still working on improving server stability! In the meantime we have a few suggestions (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1423/kw/general%20console) that may assist you, during our investigation.

dramaQkarri
04-17-2014, 10:10 AM
We've all tried those suggestions plenty of times over the last year. It's not really an end user issue but thanks anyway.

drackiller
04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
And i ask again, where is Kiwibird !?

stefb42
04-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I've never had any problems with disconnections from the wm until this patch landed, 1 i got invited to froze half way through, the next couple i got critted out trying to enter, then when i finally got in 1 i got spawn camped by a load of Christmas tree volge for 20 minutes unable to move or even render, worked fine before the patch,odd disconnection here and there, usually during sieges when there was a million bugs running round, but nothing worth complaining about, now it's every wm i attempt, never get in on 1st attempt

rebtattoo
04-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Rest assured we are still working on improving server stability! In the meantime we have a few suggestions (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1423/kw/general%20console) that may assist you, during our investigation.Thanks. Already gone through this routine through out the last year. It's on your end.

I could give some suggestions, but like my usage of the forum. Thanks again.

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
And i ask again, where is Kiwibird !?

Under her desk with a bottle of scotch?

Ned Kelly
04-17-2014, 10:57 AM
they're all renegotiating contracts because of the shtako position the dev's have put them in.....

LOL just my opinion and holds no basis in reality....

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm here, had a case of the plague. Is anyone else seeing stability issues right now?

Ned Kelly
04-17-2014, 11:01 AM
only with the player base as a result of the LDC 5 release.

Fuzzy
04-17-2014, 11:03 AM
PC EU servers are pretty laggy at the moment.
There are two shards at the moment, one is pretty laggy, one isn't.

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 11:06 AM
PC EU servers are pretty laggy at the moment.
There are two shards at the moment, one is pretty laggy, one isn't.

Anyone else seeing this at the moment?

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 11:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

bigguy
04-17-2014, 11:11 AM
I know reb was talking about the warmaster specifically but my clan mates and i always use mics and after last nights surprise server reset we were all standing still in fast travel locations and it sounded choppy like a roaming cell phone. From what i have heard the warmaster is VERY unstable and impossible to finish. Is it me or is that guy with the GM in his name trying to impersonate a GM because his name isnt the right color....is that illegal?

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Is it me or is that guy with the GM in his name trying to impersonate a GM because his name isnt the right color....is that illegal?

That's actually one of our brand new forum GMs, she's very nice and she's here to help. Just need to get the color fixed on her account.

BJWyler
04-17-2014, 11:20 AM

That was good. That was very, very good. (and unfortunately true)

CRIXDA
04-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Everyone can relax, I spotted Kiwi.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/CRIXDA/Mobile%20Uploads/7-gates-of-hell1_zps6a745a32.jpg

She seems okay....she is shooting her way out!
Brave little thing!

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Everyone can relax, I spotted Kiwi.

I've mostly recovered from the plague and I'm back in action! Also, hah. I see you found a picture.

bigguy
04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi Kiwi , Glad to hear your feeling better. I have talked to alot of people that say there are alot of problems with the warmaster , Is someone looking into this?

CM Kiwibird
04-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi Kiwi , Glad to hear your feeling better. I have talked to alot of people that say there are alot of problems with the warmaster , Is someone looking into this?

We're currently looking a lot of things. There was an issue with people losing scaling on Warmaster, and that should be fixed. Could you provide more information?

Odessa
04-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Kiwi, I am. It's always been a gamble trying the WM without critting out, but since the patch it's 100% chance of critting at least once. Most I did was four before getting in on a friend. I tried going in right away, waiting for a minute or two for the initial group to enter and throwing faerie dust on my XBox. The MAB has been at several locations, so I do not believe that is it.

I have cleared cache several times, repatched and still get random critting. I want to say it's worse later at night (PST) but cannot recall exact times. A few friends have even deleted patches after being unable to stay online for more than a few minutes. One deleted a lower level character simply because they couldn't do anything without critting out. Switch grenades, weapons, trades, etc...

ADDENDUM: I just tried another WM. Critted twice and then came back and got stuck in a different phase.

ADDENDUM 2: I removed the last two patches, and game. Reinstalled everything and still no go. The exact message I get is "The Defiance Service is not Available".

CRIXDA
04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Wait.
Looking into what.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t557/CRIXDA/Mobile%20Uploads/34-darth_vader_hot_air_balloon_zps5d3c2348.jpg

"Tooling around" in a big Vader balloon isn't exactly "Lookin' inta stuff", Kiwi

maverick07
04-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I think now with more enemies around the outside more memory leaks are coming with it. Making timeouts more frequent.

I sent a PM to Kiwi last week with some info regarding PS3 DCs. I'd like to think it could help but I feel like the timeouts are something PS3ers will just have to continue to deal with.

dramaQkarri
04-17-2014, 02:09 PM
I think now with more enemies around the outside more memory leaks are coming with it. Making timeouts more frequent.

I sent a PM to Kiwi last week with some info regarding PS3 DCs. I'd like to think it could help but I feel like the timeouts are something PS3ers will just have to continue to deal with.

I believe you are correct. Timeouts have been an issue since launch on PS3 and actually...ya kinda get used to it and also can predict when it's coming. At best, you can get WM done by restarting during the outdoor battle and by the time you get back it's time to go inside. At worst...well the way it's been since DLC. It comes and goes, patches and hotfixes break it and fix it, and for some reason they can't isolate the issue. I'll take minimization though if it's all we can get.

Tekrunner
04-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone else seeing this at the moment?

To elaborate on the PC EU server situation last night: I had a lot of lag in the open world too, and Shadow Wars felt even worse (which is probably because in PvP you have to deal with your own as well as the enemy's latency). Many people mentioned lag problems in the chat. At one point while fighting a Dark Matter Monolith, whenever the Tachmag Drive would be exposed and everyone started blasting I would start lagging so much I couldn't even fire my weapon. Coops were fine though, no lag problem there.

I believe the reason for this is that there weren't enough shards given the number of players online. I had more people online in my friends list than I've had for a long time (the former French CM even logged in to check how things were going!). Major arkfalls and incursion sieges were the most populated I can remember. And while lag was low around 7PM CEST, it was really annoying at 9-10PM, which is prime gaming time for most of Europe during the week.

This will probably get better by itself over time as population goes back down, but in the mean time I think it would help if you fired up an additional shard or two.

drackiller
04-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Under her desk with a bottle of scotch?
LOL Bone, you`re a bad boy :)

drackiller
04-18-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm here, had a case of the plague.

I`m glad you are OK.
People gets a little afraid when you don`t answer and panic. ;)

Odessa
04-18-2014, 01:14 AM
I have had two friends having constant critical errors. In almost all instances they were standing around and went to look at the map. Now my one friend can't even get past the loading screen. Definitely server issues. Currently it's 1:13am PST. We're on the NA 360 and were standing at Shondu's.

TANKballs
04-18-2014, 02:18 AM
I have had two friends having constant critical errors. In almost all instances they were standing around and went to look at the map. Now my one friend can't even get past the loading screen. Definitely server issues. Currently it's 1:13am PST. We're on the NA 360 and were standing at Shondu's.

I feel for your friend. I DC harder and more frequently than anyone I have seen in this game. All of the quick-fixes worked for about 30mins until DC after DC at every event. Frustrating to say the least...