PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Scaling Issue

Duncan Shadowfall
04-17-2014, 06:28 AM
I was told to bring this to the forum so here we go.

GM Oberlon: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Oberlon. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
Duncan Shadowfall: GM Oberlon
GM Oberlon: Hello! How may I assist you today?
Duncan Shadowfall: I broke down and pourchased 100 arkforge last night because it is impossible to play the game without the top level weapons..
Duncan Shadowfall: i had a ego 4000 or so frontier battle rifle....i upgraded it to 4300...the damage increased from 3511 to 3584
Duncan Shadowfall: this can not be right...
GM Oberlon: I certainly understand your frustration and I'm happy to assist in any way I can. Unfortunately, the customer support department is not able to make any changes to the damage scaling that is done with upgrading EGO ratings on weapons. If you believe that the upgrades you completed should be providing additional damage, please use the in-game bug report feature to provide this information to our developers so they can investigate further. I do apologize for any inconvenience but our department simply does not have any way to change the damage output on your weapon.
Duncan Shadowfall: is there a ego level the damage increase diminishes?
GM Oberlon: I'm unaware of any EGO rating where there would be diminishing returns on damage.
Duncan Shadowfall: ok...then the gun should have increased in damage more than 10 points or so with every upgrade? and this is a legitimate bug?
GM Oberlon: Unfortunately I can'
GM Oberlon: I can't* get into the specific mechanics of how the upgrades function, but I would definitely submit a bug report so that our developers can review the issue and if there is a bug, make the appropriate changes.
Duncan Shadowfall: ?
Duncan Shadowfall: ok....so i just get to play a guessing game on if spending actually money to upgrade a weapon will work or not?
GM Oberlon: I do apologize that I cannot provide more information. I would suggest posting on the forums and discussing with your fellow ark hunters their findings regarding the mechanics of the upgrades.
Duncan Shadowfall: ok i will do that.
GM Oberlon: May I assist you with anything else?
Duncan Shadowfall: no
GM Oberlon: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.

So here we go...you can spend actual money and upgrade a weapon and it not actually upgrade it worth anything. So anybody else run across this?

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks for posting Duncan. Good luck with this.

Rokea
04-17-2014, 06:41 AM
I was told to bring this to the forum so here we go.

GM Oberlon: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Oberlon. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
Duncan Shadowfall: GM Oberlon
GM Oberlon: Hello! How may I assist you today?
Duncan Shadowfall: I broke down and pourchased 100 arkforge last night because it is impossible to play the game without the top level weapons..
Duncan Shadowfall: i had a ego 4000 or so frontier battle rifle....i upgraded it to 4300...the damage increased from 3511 to 3584
Duncan Shadowfall: this can not be right...
GM Oberlon: I certainly understand your frustration and I'm happy to assist in any way I can. Unfortunately, the customer support department is not able to make any changes to the damage scaling that is done with upgrading EGO ratings on weapons. If you believe that the upgrades you completed should be providing additional damage, please use the in-game bug report feature to provide this information to our developers so they can investigate further. I do apologize for any inconvenience but our department simply does not have any way to change the damage output on your weapon.
Duncan Shadowfall: is there a ego level the damage increase diminishes?
GM Oberlon: I'm unaware of any EGO rating where there would be diminishing returns on damage.
Duncan Shadowfall: ok...then the gun should have increased in damage more than 10 points or so with every upgrade? and this is a legitimate bug?
GM Oberlon: Unfortunately I can'
GM Oberlon: I can't* get into the specific mechanics of how the upgrades function, but I would definitely submit a bug report so that our developers can review the issue and if there is a bug, make the appropriate changes.
Duncan Shadowfall: ?
Duncan Shadowfall: ok....so i just get to play a guessing game on if spending actually money to upgrade a weapon will work or not?
GM Oberlon: I do apologize that I cannot provide more information. I would suggest posting on the forums and discussing with your fellow ark hunters their findings regarding the mechanics of the upgrades.
Duncan Shadowfall: ok i will do that.
GM Oberlon: May I assist you with anything else?
Duncan Shadowfall: no
GM Oberlon: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.

So here we go...you can spend actual money and upgrade a weapon and it not actually upgrade it worth anything. So anybody else run across this?
Sounds about right, when buying things off the store one must remember the money to item return is greatly askew. Basically if you have to pay real money for something their going to screw you over. I used the arkforge points that came with the dlc and was pissed that my oj LMG was still pretty much useless.

ConcreteSnake
04-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Yup that's about right, after spending 300,000 arksalvage to buy key and open over 30 boxes I got a total of 60 arkforge and 0 legendary. So I figured I'd upgrade one of my main weapons and it went up a measly 11 dmg....something is wrong

drackiller
04-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah, i noticed that when we aproach the 4K EGO the damage upgrade becomes minimal.

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 07:40 AM
So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Chevota
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
FWIW: Im upgrading an FRC Assault Carbine (OJ, Rad)... it jumped 19/20 damage per upgrade between 37xx to i think its 43xx now...

the smaller the gun damage, the smaller the jump will be. keeps things in context i guess. If my math was right, upgrading my FRC AC fully to my max of 54xx atm, will only give me around 340-ish DMG extra i believe.

eaglepowers
04-17-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm ego 4500 and I'm seeing very little gain as well. I wonder if they did this because we complained so much about leveling weapons and arkforge?

From 4000-4500 I was seeing a 1% increase at best per 100 ego upgrade.

I've been buying tier 2 lockboxes and hit 50af several times now. It appears that all tiers drop either 20 or 50af?

Duncan Shadowfall
04-17-2014, 08:51 AM
the smaller the gun damage, the smaller the jump will be. keeps things in context i guess. If my math was right, upgrading my FRC AC fully to my max of 54xx atm, will only give me around 340-ish DMG extra i believe.

So it will cost about 30 dollars for 340 damage points....

Chevota
04-17-2014, 08:58 AM
So it will cost about 30 dollars for 340 damage points....
sure, whatever the amount is, if you decide to go that way... Im not, just gunna grind it out like i have for the past year. Nothing has changed there.

But other guns lvl up differently, like i think GP's are 1.2k DMG at a time. But its because the DMG it scaled higher for det rounds in that case... Just dont be so hasty to call BS on something that might be scaling properly. Find the #'s first and compare.

Duncan Shadowfall
04-17-2014, 09:08 AM
sure, whatever the amount is, if you decide to go that way... Im not, just gunna grind it out like i have for the past year. Nothing has changed there.

But other guns lvl up differently, like i think GP's are 1.2k DMG at a time. But its because the DMG it scaled higher for det rounds in that case... Just dont be so hasty to call BS on something that might be scaling properly. Find the #'s first and compare.

Well that would be why I went to live chat....you know the help people...who did not seem to have a clue and sent me here....to find out...so until it is proved otherwise...

Chevota
04-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Well that would be why I went to live chat....you know the help people...who did not seem to have a clue and sent me here....to find out...so until it is proved otherwise...

I've found GM Oberlan to be... less than helpful on a few occasions... Like, I know what the favorite Button does, that isnt my issue there Oberlan lol.

Just because its a GM, does not mean their answer is correct/helpful at all.

But do this instead: Give us all the gun info, NAme, Lvl, Nano, what the level/dmg was pre, and post "Upgrade"... We (the community) can try and compared what someone else does with same/roughly the same gun.

Just like, specific as we can possibly be... I tried this myself and got help in-game trying to figure out what my gun will be @ 5400 if i ever get it there. Was lucky enough someone had roughly the same game, only Crit instead of DMG rolls.

When we have specifics, the community can actually be quite helpful... if you can get answer between the rageposts.

Duncan Shadowfall
04-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Prepared Frontier Battle Rifle Legendary
x.95 Reload
x1.10 MAg
-.50 Accuracy
+15% DMG on next Grenade
x1.10 Damage

Mods

x80 recoil/bloom
x 1.07 Power Bore
x.80 Reload
.40 Assault scope

Ego was approximatly 4011 damage was 3511
Ego was 4311 damage was 3584

eaglepowers
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM
No wonder why the GM didn't want to share w/ you their secret leveling method. Not working as intended.

Chevota
04-17-2014, 11:31 AM
FWIW to clarify on my gun: (OJ) FRC Assault Carbine, dmg roll + T4 power bore.

Started: ego 3,865-dmg 3,265 now: ego 4,565-dmg 3,380. thats 19.666666 DMG per upgrade. (it swaps between 19 or 20 between upgrades. Ive noticed a couple 20's then a 19 so it isnt exactly back and forth.)

so to say i lvl it up to 5465 (not exactly sure what ill get to, havent mathed it)... It should get to roughly 3,557 DMG.

maverick07
04-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Started: ego 3,865-dmg 3,265 now: ego 4,565-dmg 3,380. thats 19.666666 DMG per upgrade. (it swaps between 19 or 20 between upgrades. Ive noticed a couple 20's then a 19 so it isnt exactly back and forth.)

so to say i lvl it up to 5465 (not exactly sure what ill get to, havent mathed it)... It should get to roughly 3,557 DMG.

When you go from 5000 to 5500 gear seems to scale at a much higher rate. However in looking at my gear on both characters the difference between 3750 and 5000 isn't very steep.

I have a orange Rhino Charger at EGO 3934 and that is at a 13500 ish cap. My EGO 5000 orange Rhino Regen was at 14400 ish cap.

When I upgraded my Rhino Regen from 5000 to 5200 the cap jumped to just over 17000. From what I saw on test server forums the scaling seems to level off again at 5500.

Chevota
04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Careful Mav, some forumers may think youre actually PROMOTING the new DLC with talk like that.

seriously though I'm really curious now of the 5->5.5k jump if it occurs. I wont actually know until someone posted specific numbers. non-dlc so Forge is coming in an even lesser amount lol.

And if it does, its rather ***-backwards... It should be heavily weighted toward low-EGO weapons get bigger bumps. Would make lesser players actually viable in higher-EGO fights.

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Careful Mav, some forumers may think youre actually PROMOTING the new DLC with talk like that.

seriously though I'm really curious now of the 5->5.5k jump if it occurs. I wont actually know until someone posted specific numbers. non-dlc so Forge is coming in an even lesser amount lol.

And if it does, its rather ***-backwards... It should be heavily weighted toward low-EGO weapons get bigger bumps. Would make lesser players actually viable in higher-EGO fights.

Maybe it was a cut and paste error?

maverick07
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Heh. I'm just posting info that I gathered regarding the scaling. In hopes that some people find it useful. If someone wants to complain that I'm promoting the game I'm just going to laugh.

BarrySciFi
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I have noticed this, Duncan. I have upgraded frontier battle rifles, FRC assault carbines, thunders, a yamoto, Casti springer, VOT needler, and big boomer so far- all from around 4100 EGO to my current EGO of 4600. Tiny damage increase on all of them. Another player on another thread claims that somewhere between EGO 5000 and 5500 the damage jumps by around 600 points. Working as intended? Lol

Chevota
04-17-2014, 02:43 PM
I wonder if Etaew is working on something that shows Lvl increments during Upgrades...

Not that someone randomly cant do it themselves... its just im too lazy to do so. Ive given up data mining. Tried and failed lol.

Would be nice if Defi put up a chart for each gun showing "This is the base gun, and its base increase per 100 lvl's."

Atticus Batman
04-17-2014, 02:44 PM

You got to tell us the nano too, because they matter. A syphon gun will always be the weakest damage now. I however don't have several of the same weapon with each nano, to compare. So I don't know all the damage differences. Where's Tekrunner when we need him?

Bonehead
04-17-2014, 03:01 PM
I wonder if Etaew is working on something that shows Lvl increments during Upgrades...

Not that someone randomly cant do it themselves... its just im too lazy to do so. Ive given up data mining. Tried and failed lol.

Would be nice if Defi put up a chart for each gun showing "This is the base gun, and its base increase per 100 lvl's."

I don't know why but they keep stuff like that pretty close to their vest.

Deunan
04-17-2014, 03:22 PM
I fail to see the issue. It's working as intended. Here's what Fuzzy posted from results on the test server:

OKay, I found a few weapons with different EGO levels.

http://i.imgur.com/iYhkBi4.png

http://i.imgur.com/yiA5LV0.png

http://i.imgur.com/vz8NiCN.png

Atticus Batman
04-17-2014, 03:37 PM
I fail to see the issue. It's working as intended. Here's what Fuzzy posted from results on the test server:

This may be one of the few times I agree with you, without reservation. All the changes damage wise have been well catologed by Fuzzy and Tek. And they do make some sense, but what you forget or choose not to see since you can't find a stupid or fancy stat or chart to explain it, is that people will ALWAYS find a reason to complain about EVERYTHING.

Tekrunner
04-18-2014, 01:01 AM
When you go from 5000 to 5500 gear seems to scale at a much higher rate. However in looking at my gear on both characters the difference between 3750 and 5000 isn't very steep.

I have a orange Rhino Charger at EGO 3934 and that is at a 13500 ish cap. My EGO 5000 orange Rhino Regen was at 14400 ish cap.

When I upgraded my Rhino Regen from 5000 to 5200 the cap jumped to just over 17000. From what I saw on test server forums the scaling seems to level off again at 5500.

I have noticed this too, and it's either not working as intended or a strange system. Last week I asked Kiwi if she could get a dev to just give us the formula used for EGO scaling, since this is difficult and annoying to test. So far I've got no answer other than "I'll ask around".

drackiller
04-18-2014, 01:04 AM
... is that people will ALWAYS find a reason to complain about EVERYTHING.

Because...grenades !? ;)

maverick07
04-18-2014, 05:11 PM
I have noticed this too, and it's either not working as intended or a strange system. Last week I asked Kiwi if she could get a dev to just give us the formula used for EGO scaling, since this is difficult and annoying to test. So far I've got no answer other than "I'll ask around".

Farther than I got :). I didn't even get a response. Looks like we'll have to figure it out ourselves. Doing a white weapon from 100 EGO to 5500 will still cost over a 100 Arkforge but I'm willing to do it.

I'm still not at 5500 EGO but I should be there tonight. I will probably get to 5600 before I do it though... here's hoping the T2 lock boxes are a little more kind to cover the cost :o.