PDA

View Full Version : Need More Ammo

ArizonaSnow
04-18-2014, 01:49 PM
The main problem I have found with this new mob scaling is how much ammo it now takes to kill stuff. It is ridiculous on how much you have to keep filling your ammo reserve and using ammo spikes is not always possible because on how much you have to keep moving about (and the cooldown on using another spike). Also trying to fill your ammo at an ammo cache at the wrong time is tantamount to suicide.

As the threat level increases the amount of ammo you can carry should also increase. I don't mind so much at how much of a bullet sponge things are but running around with no ammo like a headless chicken is just plain stupid and annoying.

Hopeisdead
04-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Defiance-Arktech-Revolution-Difficulty-Balancing (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156063-Defiance-Arktech-Revolution-Difficulty-Balancing)

ArizonaSnow
04-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Ah, I didn't c that ... but I still think as you level up you should be able to carry more ammo. Mobs dropping ammo does not always help as the mobs that you kill in these tense situations are usually in a group and running to the place where it died is also suicide.

The other day I was killing an Arch Hellbug Monarch with a group of 4 and I had to run off 3 times to fill my ammo for both weapons

Deunan
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
I still want more sniper rifle ammo. They totally didn't get why we were asking for that when they thought increasing the damage of semi-auto sniper rifles would address it.

Hopeisdead
04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah sniper rifle ammo is bit of an problem especially for semi-auto sniper rifles and now when an crit headshot is not an kill so the perk which generates ammo after crit kill is not that useful anymore. And weapons with fast RoF burns through ammo quite fast but we got ammo spikes so it is good.

ArizonaSnow
04-19-2014, 02:52 PM
but we got ammo spikes so it is good.

Yeah but Ammo Spikes don't always help especially when the mobs are so hard, there is no way you can stay in the spike radius and even if you could you still run out of ammo way before the spike cooldown is over.

Try entering a Minor Arkfall with 2 or more people, the mobs are so silly hard that you run out of ammo real quick and get massacred trying to either get to the ammo box or opening it, you can even get the situation where the mobs are crowding the ammo box so it can take 2 or 3 suicide runs just to get some ammo ... put down a spike and you get massacred long before you get anywhere near full and cos of the cooldown you may as well do the suicide run to the ammo box instead of using one. The point here is though is that if the mobs are going to be that difficult you don't need the added hassle of having to constantly worry about running out of ammo.

What we need is the ability to carry more ammo when the threat level rises as having to scrat for ammo is not fun in my book, I don't mind the bullet sponges as long as we have the bullets to feed the sponges.