PDA

View Full Version : I found a bug on shotgun extended mag mods

AlexzanderThor
04-18-2014, 07:00 PM
So a few months ago Trion made shotgun rolls and mods that add magazine size to give a flat number instead of a percent.

Well heres the bug, somehow you guys seemed to have reverted the extended magazine for shotguns back to a percent while my rolls are still the flat number.
A Tier 3 extended magazine on my FRC berserker should not be 1.20% more ammo, it should be a flat number like it was a before DLC5 dropped.

Trion, please fix this. Thank you for your time.

Bonehead
04-18-2014, 07:03 PM
So a few months ago Trion made shotgun rolls and mods that add magazine size to give a flat number instead of a percent.

Well heres the bug, somehow you guys seemed to have reverted the extended magazine for shotguns back to a percent while my rolls are still the flat number.
A Tier 3 extended magazine on my FRC berserker should not be 1.20% more ammo, it should be a flat number like it was a before DLC5 dropped.

Trion, please fix this. Thank you for your time.

They never made the mag mods a flat number since they changed it to a % early on. Just the rolls were changed back.
I've hated that forever.

AlexzanderThor
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
They never made the mag mods a flat number since they changed it to a % early on. Just the rolls were changed back.
I've hated that forever.

And I hate that still..... an extended mag on a shotgun should not be x1.20 which on my berserker is 2 rounds!!!
Trion you need to make the mag mods flat numbers too, this is ridicules, a tier 3 mag mod should be at least 5-10rounds

ConcreteSnake
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
And I hate that still..... an extended mag on a shotgun should not be x1.20 which on my berserker is 2 rounds!!!
Trion you need to make the mag mods flat numbers too, this is ridicules, a tier 3 mag mod should be at least 5-10rounds

we've been asking about the other nano converters for about a year so I doubt this will happen anytime soon. When dlc 1 came about the synergy converters for ARs disappeared and that took like 4 months to bring them back

Tekrunner
04-18-2014, 11:41 PM
I wish they would do two things to shotguns:

Make mag mods give flat mag bonuses
Make accuracy rolls give relative accuracy

Accuracy rolls could be great on shotguns. Except right now they're almost completely useless and can just ruin an otherwise good weapon.

KasperSheitup
04-19-2014, 02:45 AM
I wish they would do two things to shotguns:

Make mag mods give flat mag bonuses
Make accuracy rolls give relative accuracy

Accuracy rolls could be great on shotguns. Except right now they're almost completely useless and can just ruin an otherwise good weapon.

Do you mean useless as in getting an accuracy roll instead of any other roll or just that the accuracy in general is useless?
Whenever I get a shotgun with accuracy or recoil rolls it's instant salvage material..
So maybe also remove the recoil roll for shotguns..?
In general a lot of the weapon rolls needs a revision but it seems they are more focused on bringing out new stuff..

And to add to faulty shotgun mods. I tried putting a power choke 3 on a Zagger and the damage indication went from 2152x8 (with a power choke tier 2 mod, x1.05dmg) to 2054x8 (power choke tier 3, x1.07dmg) - I never attached the mod...

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 02:57 AM
Do you mean useless as in getting an accuracy roll instead of any other roll or just that the accuracy in general is useless?
Whenever I get a shotgun with accuracy or recoil rolls it's instant salvage material..
In general a lot of the weapon rolls needs a revision but it seems they are more focused on bringing out new stuff..

And to add to faulty shotgun mods. I tried putting a power choke 3 on a Zagger and the damage indication went from 2152x8 (with a power choke tier 2 mod, x1.05dmg) to 2054x8 (power choke tier 3, x1.07dmg) - I never attached the mod...

The mod wouldn't have actually lowered your damage. The salvage matrix has always had visual bugs. As for accuracy on shotguns, they would be fine if they actually improved the accuracy correctly. The recoil rolls however are nice on a shotgun.

But you want a gun that should NEVER get an accuracy roll then use a ba sniper. They are extremely accurate when scoped so the accuracy rolls are useless on them. Recoils on a ba aren't much better. However recoil rolls are a great idea on a Sa sniper, especially the faster firerate ones.

KasperSheitup
04-19-2014, 03:13 AM
The mod wouldn't have actually lowered your damage. The salvage matrix has always had visual bugs. As for accuracy on shotguns, they would be fine if they actually improved the accuracy correctly. The recoil rolls however are nice on a shotgun.

But you want a gun that should NEVER get an accuracy roll then use a ba sniper. They are extremely accurate when scoped so the accuracy rolls are useless on them. Recoils on a ba aren't much better. However recoil rolls are a great idea on a Sa sniper, especially the faster firerate ones.

I might need to have explained how recoil rolls are good on a shotgun. Pretty useless on a sawed-off, might be good on a pump action but you have to aim and click every shot on those. Combat shotguns I don't really think have that much of a recoil or at least it's very controllable. Might depend on which weapon it is
The accuracy one I could understand if it grouped the shots tighter, yes, but as of now nothing happens(?)

And I agree with the Bolt Action accuracy/Semi Auto recoil uselessness and usefulness :p

Tekrunner
04-19-2014, 03:21 AM
The accuracy one I could understand if it grouped the shots tighter, yes, but as of now nothing happens(?)

No, accuracy does work on shotguns. Compare a rolling thunder shotgun modded with a scatter scope with the same, unmodded shotgun. There's a big difference in the size of the reticle. But a -0.5 accuracy bonus has an almost negligible effect on a shotgun with a base accuracy of 15. Now if it were a -20% accuracy bonus or something like that, you would see a significant difference.

ConcreteSnake
04-19-2014, 06:55 AM

salvage matrix has always done this, after you add the mod, equip the weapon and activate your ego power and it fixes it every time