PDA

View Full Version : the reason scaling does not work for defiance

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-18-2014, 10:43 PM
i was just completing my daily contracts, and in one of the conflict sites i instantly shot to threat level 10, although i seemed ot be the only one there. i managed to finish the conflict with only 4 extracts, and as i was leaving i noticed the problem... LEECHES!!! there were 2 grapes on the edge of the conflict circle who had been waiting for someone to come along and finish the mission. this allows them to get credit for the mission without participation, without using any ammo, and without a revive or extraction. good for them, bad for me. it cost me quite a few points and a bit of scrip plus a couple ammo spikes and armor stims. although they got no real rewards for finishing other than the rep, i didnt fare much better. i got 1 key, a little scrip, but not enough to cover my "expenses" for doing the mission.

Deunan
04-18-2014, 10:53 PM
If they won't go to the mobs, lead the mobs to them. It's clearly what they want so that's what I always do. :p

Bundok
04-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I think that can also happen by accident, I was doing a VBI daily at a conflict site. I was alone, and the Threat Level was 2. It shot up to 7, then 10. I saw that a minor hellbug arkfall had spawned adjacent to the conflict site. The problem was that after the higher level players quickly cleared the arkfall, the threat level dropped back to 1, but the spawns were still the high level raider variants.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I think that can also happen by accident, I was doing a VBI daily at a conflict site. I was alone, and the Threat Level was 2. It shot up to 7, then 10. I saw that a minor hellbug arkfall had spawned adjacent to the conflict site. The problem was that after the higher level players quickly cleared the arkfall, the threat level dropped back to 1, but the spawns were still the high level raider variants.

this was no accident. as soon as i had finished the conflict, i noticed the grapes and headed hteir direction. i could hear them in area chat discussing the next one they needed for the daily, and how they hoped someone was already doing it so they didnt have to wait. i know people used to leech these events a lot before the patch, and i never minded because i just thought they were lazy. now i just think they are ignorant ********* who dont deserve to be on the game

Bundok
04-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Oh, I definitely believe you. I've seen it before myself. I think the system has some flaws that are big enough on their own, but the fact that people can willfully make things harder for other players makes it even more urgent that it gets fixed.

drackiller
04-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Yesterday before i went to sleep i jumped to the conflict site near ERCamp i think that was the Medical clinic and only two low lvl EGO players there struggling , altough i think that they have lowered the dificulty in that particular area, but they were having a bad time. Of course that upon my arrival at the site it complicated even more for them.
No problem, i cleaned the place for them.

Bentu
04-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Do what Deunan said and and make them work for it.

drackiller
04-19-2014, 12:24 AM

Why would i do that !? They were engaging the enemies and if i just for showing up raised the threat level, why wouldn`t i help !?

Bentu
04-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Why would i do that !? They were engaging the enemies and if i just for showing up raised the threat level, why wouldn`t i help !?

I was replying to the op, I didn't quote you. :)

drackiller
04-19-2014, 12:29 AM
I was replying to the op, I didn't quote you. :)

Sorry :) it looked like an answer to my post.

Hopeisdead
04-19-2014, 12:31 AM
not sure but Tsort or something like that made that observation few days ago. Major reason why scaling does not work is that even with those two 5k+ EGO players it wont be "harder" but at the verge of insanity. As i wrote somewhere else 8 people in the area do not justify threat level 10 +++ with superawesomesouce elite spawning by thousands.

Bentu
04-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Sorry :) it looked like an answer to my post.

Yeah I know it's just that I didn't feel like editing the op in the quote. All good :)

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-19-2014, 12:33 AM

what if they are just in a trade window? what if they just finished the conflict right before you got there, and went out for a smoke? in either of these situations, bringing the mob to them makes me a bigger ****** than they are for leeching. unless i knew for a fact what they are doing at the start of the event, im not gonna do that kind of thing to someone in game. happened to me too many times at idr gettin my *** kicked by volge that some idiot drug in while i was buying mods.

Hopeisdead
04-19-2014, 12:35 AM
what if they are just in a trade window? what if they just finished the conflict right before you got there, and went out for a smoke? in either of these situations, bringing the mob to them makes me a bigger ****** than they are for leeching. unless i knew for a fact what they are doing at the start of the event, im not gonna do that kind of thing to someone in game. happened to me too many times at idr gettin my *** kicked by volge that some idiot drug in while i was buying mods.

On the other hand they stayed at "no-safe" area so fact that they are afk means nothing. They stayed out in the opened free to be killed, this game got fast travel there is no excuse.

Bentu
04-19-2014, 12:41 AM

Did I hit a nerve :)

Dracontius
04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Sorry but I'm with Bentu on this matter. If they are not helping, no matter the reason, lead the mobs to them then leave. Do another conflict for now and come back later. Let them die a few times while you get a laugh and then come back in 30 minutes or so. Go run an arkfall, by the time you're done, they wont be there. I have zero tolerance for afkers. Contribute or get the f**k out... there are no free rides.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Did I hit a nerve :)

lol. no dude. i apologize if i came across that way. i totally understand what your saying. i just dont want to drag a mob to someone who happened to be in the wrong place. i also understand that there are safer places to trade or go afk than the edge of a conflict site. but i also like to consider iron demon a safe sight, and too many times ive been afk there when someone cant handle the volge at the gate and runs back inside the fence dragging a mob with em. wether its idr or some rock that someone decided would be a good place to trade/hide/whatever i dont want make a bad name for myself by dragging the conflict to them.

but if i know your just sitting there leeching, then its a whole different story :cool:

Dracontius
04-19-2014, 02:07 AM
lol. no dude. i apologize if i came across that way. i totally understand what your saying. i just dont want to drag a mob to someone who happened to be in the wrong place. i also understand that there are safer places to trade or go afk than the edge of a conflict site. but i also like to consider iron demon a safe sight, and too many times ive been afk there when someone cant handle the volge at the gate and runs back inside the fence dragging a mob with em. wether its idr or some rock that someone decided would be a good place to trade/hide/whatever i dont want make a bad name for myself by dragging the conflict to them.

but if i know your just sitting there leeching, then its a whole different story :cool:

You're signature is distracting... :o

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:13 AM
Clearly the issue is leeches, not that the scaling system is garbage.