PDA

View Full Version : Threat level 10 volge sieges..really

Warden
04-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Come on now, no one stood a chance.

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm so tired of you filthy console peasants whining since patch day! You have to shoot them in the head with BIO and keep moving / know your powers / stims and stuff!

No, I'm kidding, this whole patch has been an absolute joke. Hang in there, maybe Trion actually gives a crap what the player base says and will remove the garbage scaling system.

ALSO: Has anyone else noticed that trolling the forums about how bad the game is, has suddenly become more fun than the game itself?

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 02:13 AM
Console peasant? The op is a Pc whiner. It says so in his sig.

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Are you just here to kill my joke? Learn to internet humor pal! lol

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Are you just here to kill my joke? Learn to internet humor pal! lol

Are you just here to whine, because you got owned? Learn to get better.

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Shut up you.

xxdarkxwarxx
04-19-2014, 02:22 AM
pc user whine more than console user because pc user started the whining.

p.s. the volge are super op now its kinda funny but needs to be look at

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 02:30 AM
pc user whine more than console user because pc user started the whining.

p.s. the volge are super op now its kinda funny but needs to be look at

That part is true. But the problem with this thread is sombody complaining about whiney console peasants, when the Op who started the whine thread is a Pc player. Must Pc players always be condecending to console players, even when the complaint is from a Pc player and not a console player?

I agree with the op that threat level ten Volge sieges can be a major pain, though. Fortunately for me I have always found the afflicted funner enemies to face, so I mainly do Kenn farm. Then there is the fact that I am in the mid 4k range so I don't get owned as bad as the lower level people. What needs done is for them to strictly put threat level tens in San fran. And never raise the rest of the current main world above threat level 8 at most.

xxdarkxwarxx
04-19-2014, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=Atticus Batman;1465867]That part is true. But the problem with this thread is sombody complaining about whiney console peasants, when the Op who started the whine thread is a Pc player. Must Pc players always be condecending to console players, even when the complaint is from a Pc player and not a console player?

he condecending because he knows us console gamers are cooler

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Did you actually read my entire post Mr. Grumpy pants? Typical Console Peasant.

xxdarkxwarxx
04-19-2014, 02:43 AM

yea but stop caring after the console peasant comment

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:43 AM
Well at least you aren't bitter.

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 02:49 AM

Typical Pc master race jerk.

Yes I read your whole post, but that doesn't change the fact that using the same console peasant joke as hundreds before you, isn't funny. And when you use it to insult us even though we aren't the ones who started the thread, it loses any bit of a joke it had left, and just turns YOU into the joke.

Now on topic, the main player base who comes to the forums, Did ask for difficulty scaling and more of a challenge in general. So this patch isn't going anywhere. They do however need to tweak it a little more and will do so. Give it a month and if you still can't figure out how to live more than a second anywhere in the game, then good bye. You will be missed.

If you feel you didn't gert a choice, then it is YOUR fault for not coming to the forums over the last year to argue against the difficulty requests.

Btw Warden, sorry for derailing your thread.

Siafu
04-19-2014, 02:57 AM
Well, you sure showed me!... that you have no sense of humor. HA HA HA, I'm sorry, I'm sure you're sick of hearing that joke, and I'll refrain from using it from hence forth (as I had no idea this was seen as an actual pejorative by my console brethren) we are all here, after all, to play the same game regardless of the platform. All trolling aside, lets discuss the actual topic at hand:

I really do think they should just remove the scaling system all together (in the open world content) to save time trying to figure out how to balance the experience properly. I already have four people that have simply outright quit in my clan, and we can't afford to lose many more. I think scaled content in instanced content is totally appropriate (and welcomed for that matter), but ramping up the difficulty with the "more bullets to kill" method is almost laughable in 2014. If they want to make it harder, introduce a tank and heal system for all I care, but emptying 10 mags into an enemy isn't the answer. Just my two cents.

Atticus Batman
04-19-2014, 03:09 AM
Well, you sure showed me!... that you have no sense of humor. HA HA HA, I'm sorry, I'm sure you're sick of hearing that joke, and I'll refrain from using it from hence forth (as I had no idea this was seen as an actual pejorative by my console brethren) we are all here, after all, to play the same game regardless of the platform. All trolling aside, lets discuss the actual topic at hand:

I really do think they should just remove the scaling system all together (in the open world content) to save time trying to figure out how to balance the experience properly. I already have four people that have simply outright quit in my clan, and we can't afford to lose many more. I think scaled content in instanced content is totally appropriate (and welcomed for that matter), but ramping up the difficulty with the "more bullets to kill" method is almost laughable in 2014. If they want to make it harder, introduce a tank and heal system for all I care, but emptying 10 mags into an enemy isn't the answer. Just my two cents.

Thank you, just learn when to use that joke and all is good. Like if I were to complain about the low framerate of my console, then that would be a decent time for a console peasant joke. When a Pc player complains though is not a good time for it, because then it DOES come off as an insult. Btw as far as console peasants go, we Xbox 360 players aren't the bottom end.

Anyway, the dynamic scaling should be in the main world and not just in the instances. However it does need tweaking, and either they need to increase the droprate of arkforge, or the droprate of blue gear. However as a player who has been here from the begining and rarely empties my claimbox, I have plenty of decent weapons to choose from, and plenty lower level ones to give clanmates that need them. Sounds like you need to level/replace your gear. Just focus on one shield and 2 guns to keep near your level. Then replace the rest as you go. Btw I always make sure my inventory is full before buying a lockbox or vendor catche, that way it all goes to claims. Then I can claim it as I see fit, either to use or to give a weaker clanmate. Not only that but any chargeblades/katanas that go into claims do not get an ego until you claim them. Then they are the ego you retreived them from claims at. Not sure if you have the Casti or 7th leg Dlcs, but it is still good to know.

Siafu
04-19-2014, 03:39 AM
You're welcome, and again, I was just making an off color joke. In all honesty, my buddies and I are primarily multi-plaform gamers (also: no Destiny coming to PC means this funny guy is getting an XB1 rather he wants to or not lol).

I'm also a day one player actually, this is simply my first time taking to the forums, and yes, I know I should have been on all year fighting this (good ol' 20/20 hindsight). The real issue isn't so much on my part, as it is the people I group with. I have about 20 (read as: my old WoW guild) lowbie friends that just don't like the difficulty scale (by lowbie I mean around 1k-1800). I also don't like the bit where I'm essentially punished for being a higher ego rating. There are times that I would love to just pop on and do some contracts without a 7AP battle for 20 minutes (again, I don't know if I even represent the majority of the player base, just saying). I do have all the DLC's but I didn't have the foresight to keep items in my claims (as I typically broke down / sold anything and everything up to around 2k ego) but I can imagine that would help greatly. I really do think the best move would be to simply remove it from the open world entirely, and/or save a blade on the server for people that flag "hardcore" or some such. Regardless your feelings or mine, however, the ultimate choice on the dev's part should be based on the bulk of the player base; and as of late they are sounding pretty defeated / miserable as of Tuesday, and if they all haul off and quit, our game goes bye-bye no matter what we may individually prefer. Whatever the case, rather they fix it, or remove it, I hope it gets done really really soon, because we need all the players we can get (and playing Defiance alone is kinda lame).