PDA

View Full Version : "The server will restart in XX minutes"

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey!

As many of you might know, the servers do restart a lot. What about a message, stating the next restart? A 5 or 10 minutes heads up. This has been done in other games, such as Runescape, with great success! :) And for those who havent read the community letter: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/03/the-day-of-defiance-is-here-what-beautiful-baby-of-ours-it-is/

Shadinaxx
04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
they did, just the chat system is kinda... not the best. If you are doing pretty much ANYTHING, the chat is almost instantly hidden until you hit "enter"

But they did give us 30 minutes warning

Myst
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
/is tired of all these restarts! Especially after getting a mountain dew so I could play some more! - Shakes fist in protest!/

Krighton
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
They did. However if anyone misses it, it's not their fault. The chat box is actually a chat "strip" a tiny little piece of a chat box. It's not MMO friendly yet. I'm sure they're working that part of the game. The MMO part.

Ortonius
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Take heart that every server reset and / or downtime is done to continue working on the game to make it better for you.

That always keeps me calm!

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Take heart that every server reset and / or downtime is done to continue working on the game to make it better for you.

That always keeps me calm!

Seen a lot of people complaining about the restarts, I dont mind, because it helps the game get better, with patches and so on.

Did not know they did give us a heads up, should be improved! :)

Daergar
04-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Actually managed to see it just now. "12 minutes, sorry d00dz". Well, that's how it felt anyway. Just loved the specific twelve minutes.

Kras
04-02-2013, 11:20 PM
i havnt got to play but got fully patched and watching first cutscene berfore it cut off abruptly which led me here. exciting to come in at the clean start, patches and server downtime means server stability. usually. (has ffxiv mental scars)