PDA

View Full Version : Bit Store: When will we get another bit sale?

Olaf
04-19-2014, 07:06 AM
I remember a long time ago you did a bit sale where you got double bits for same price, are there any plans todo one of these events again?

Olaf
04-19-2014, 07:13 AM
If you could let us kno Kiwibird would be appreciative. Also would like some information from you guys as to why EU players get shafted when it comes to purchasing bits?

NA = 50 USD for 6200 bits?
EU = 50 GBP for 6200 bits = 83.91 USD??

I really do think you guys should have a standard price for bits across ALL regions/countrys. It really is extortion the current difference between NA and EU (thats UK - Germany get shafted even worse). The DLC's $9.99 get adjusted to the GBP equivalent but the bits dont, makes no sense.

DIS
04-19-2014, 01:15 PM
They can't afford to do another bits sale, they have to suck as much money out of Defiance players as they can to pay for ArcheAge

Olaf
04-19-2014, 01:46 PM
They can't afford to do another bits sale, they have to suck as much money out of Defiance players as they can to pay for ArcheAge

Yeah I can understand thats probably why they havent done a bit sale in a long time, what I dont/will never understand is why us EU players have to pay almost double what NA players pay for the same amount of bits, wheres the logic in that other than to suck as much cash out of their players as possible? shocker I know.
How much is 500 bits over there in NA? Im guessing 5 bux?

Olaf
04-19-2014, 02:23 PM
able to shed some light on this kiwibird??

Pandemonium
04-19-2014, 02:36 PM
NA - 400 bits 4.99, 1800 bits 19.99, and 5200 bits 49.99

Olaf
04-19-2014, 02:55 PM
NA - 400 bits 4.99, 1800 bits 19.99, and 5200 bits 49.99

thanks for the info, so it seems over in EU we get 6500 bits for 50 GBP which is about 84 USD.

Sooo, it seems you NA guys get 500 bits more than us for 14$ cheaper... sounds fair trion.

Ironhide
04-19-2014, 03:13 PM
I'll worry about bit sale and giving them money when they quit changing the game to stuff that is not wanted or asked for. Till then I'll keep my money.

Olaf
04-19-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll worry about bit sale and giving them money when they quit changing the game to stuff that is not wanted or asked for. Till then I'll keep my money.

Yeah I understand that, today I felt like purchasing some bits but once I saw the prices and saw that NA were getting alot more for alot less I decided not too. I know alot of people who feel the same way. The funny thing is, Australians get it even worse than us.

Ironhide
04-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Yeah I understand that, today I felt like purchasing some bits but once I saw the prices and saw that NA were getting alot more for alot less I decided not too. I know alot of people who feel the same way. The funny thing is, Australians get it even worse than us.

Probably so, also I don't know if you considered the exchange rate between national curencies or not, that might account for some discrepancies too.

Olaf
04-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Probably so, also I don't know if you considered the exchange rate between national curencies or not, that might account for some discrepancies too.

That did cross my mind, HOWEVER the DLC's sell for 9.99 USD over there in NA correct? over here they sell for 5.99 GBP which is 10.05 USD according to google. "5.99 GBP to USD" in google.

Olaf
04-19-2014, 05:15 PM
UPDATE: For australians it costs 86.77 USD for 6500 bits. Cant believe theres not a standard bit price across all countrys/servers

Olaf
04-21-2014, 11:49 AM
BUMP: For exposure.. lol.

pozie
04-21-2014, 12:09 PM
While i dont know why this happens, have you noticed that on demand games on XBOX always seem to be more in other countries then in NA. And when they have sales on games that most times the sales do not roll over into other countries. While i cant say anything for PS3 or PC, it might have to do with either certain taxes involved, or certain fees for servers in other countries. Its just a though. It might not have anything to do with the Defiance makers. Maybe the bits are all the same price when they are bought, but its due to exchange rates, taxes or tariff fees that make them more.

dramaQkarri
04-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Even if bits do go on sale, I hope no one will buy them.

Let's leverage 'em BACK people!

*swings crowbar*

Xandercorp
04-21-2014, 12:18 PM
I think you guys are gettin' a taste of the US to EU to anything policy that gaming companies started using about 3-4 years ago. More specifically [url]Steam[/url=http://steampowered.com] started this. They split the map into tiers, UK is prolly tier 1, EU tier 2, so on.

Russians for example pay the same price in their national currency that we do in Euros, for games on steam. There are ways around this, but honestly... it's under their control.

Would they sell more copies, or in this case more game currency for real money if the prices weren't as high? Sure. Do they care? No. Why? Because it's currently working.

Teddymouse
04-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Ripping off people as intended...

N3gativeCr33p
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Even if bits do go on sale, I hope no one will buy them.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/amen-brother_zps6e6ccfde.jpg

Olaf
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Ripping off people as intended...

Thats what I understand.. If the price difference existed when purchasing the game itself, fair enough I can understand that due to our tax's on items.... However for a virtual currency in a game world where the only difference between us is our location then it makes no sense OTHER than they think, AH EU currency worth more so lets charge more. USA is one of the richest countries in the world and the price is what it is over there, but over here in UK/other EU countrys who dont even come on the top 10 richest country list are being charged more for less. Fact remains we are paying over 10$ more for a virtual currency and getting shafted out of 500 bits at the same time. Fair trion, very fair.

Ironhide
04-21-2014, 12:44 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/amen-brother_zps6e6ccfde.jpg

Oh yeah I wouldn't buy any bits from them now if my life depended on it. They want to mess up the game, I'm more than happy to keep my money out of their pockets till they can prove their not complete morons.

3rdpig
04-21-2014, 01:22 PM
When they fix the game instead of adding in more broken and unwanted features then I'll consider buying bits. Until then, no frakking way.

I'll go one step further. Trion, if you fix the game and make it playable again for my casual gaming friends and family, I'll buy each of them a new outfit from the bit store. Don't fix it and I'll buy them each a months subscription to ESO.

Olaf
04-22-2014, 11:36 AM
BUMP: For exposure

Olaf
04-22-2014, 09:46 PM
BUMP: Guess this is falling on death ears, fear not though, I SHALL NOT stop bumping this until I get a proper explanation as to why this is happening.

Nightmare Walkin
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
I bought $50 in bits right b4 sale and couldn't afford to spend $50 again til right after. :'( just like my missing the"freebie" medal when I was in the Marines. I enlisted three months after they stopped giving it out and got out when they started giving it out again. Such is my luck. History really does repeat itself I guess.

Olaf
04-23-2014, 07:30 PM
So Kiwibird went to the team and crunched some numbers and apparantly its because VAT is being added, which they are obligated to pay! UK/FR tax is 20% and GER tax is 19%. This didn't even cross my mind at the time because of the fact that this VAT wasn't being added to the DLC's, silly me =).

Anyway, would be appreciative if Kiwibird could find out whether there's going to be a bitsale coming up any time soon, then this thread can be put to bed.

DIS
04-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Any reason to mot offer a sale. Taxes have nothing to do with a sale. They could even just add additional bonus bits rather than adjusting the price. There is no reason they can't do a sale, just one reason why they won't, greed and lack of giving a damn what the players want. Although, I get the feeling they MAY just have a sale soon if player population dwindles enough, doubtful, but possible.

Mordresh
04-24-2014, 04:45 AM
what I dont/will never understand is why us EU players have to pay almost double what NA players pay for the same amount of bits, wheres the logic in that other than to suck as much cash out of their players as possible? The logic in that is economy. You can not directly compare the economy of North America with Europe and do a 1:1 currency mapping and then state we're getting ripped of. In short, $100 is less to people in EU than it is for people in US. That is generally speaking of course, there are people in both nations of different wealth not in line with the average, may it be positively or negatively. And that's not factoring aspects such as taxes, which are dramatically calculated in a different way in most European countries.

Don't get me wrong, I do find some pricing to EU customers very questionable, but the above is to some degree an explanation why prices in EU are always higher and it's not a simple matter of being ripped of.

Mordresh
04-24-2014, 04:49 AM
There is no reason they can't do a sale, just one reason why they won't, greed and lack of giving a damn what the players want.How are you so certain it's a matter of greed and lack of giving a damn ? Do you have insight on what development, marketing and maintenance costs were for Defiance compared to the income and therefor judge it as a case of greed?

DIS
04-24-2014, 05:01 AM
How are you so certain it's a matter of greed and lack of giving a damn ? Do you have insight on what development, marketing and maintenance costs were for Defiance compared to the income and therefor judge it as a case of greed?

It doesn't cost anything to add bonus bits to the packs, it would not cost them any money. They would most likely make MORE money because people would load up on bits during such an event. Even if they lowered the price instead of adding bits they would still likely make money as more people would be willing to buy bits while on sale. So you tell me why not have a sale? How would a bit sale do anything but HELP them?

Mordresh
04-24-2014, 07:11 AM
It doesn't cost anything to add bonus bits to the packs, it would not cost them any money.Again, how are you so sure that adding bonus Bits does not cost them money? Do you have figures that can prove the relation between the potential of getting people to buy Bits that would not have bought and thus resulting into a potential gain of revenue for Trion Worlds and those that would have bought anyway but now buy less resulting into a potential loss of revenue?

Are you an accountant with insight on the bookkeeping of Trion Worlds? It's not up to me to tell why they decide to not have a sale, but you honestly believe a company such as Trion Worlds does not have capable people that can decide this sort of actions based on real data and that you know better ? No personal offense, really, I'm just challenging statements grasped out of thin air without any data to back them up.

DIS
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Nice try buddy.

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
I think if they had a sale, they might find people would actually spend MORE on bits than otherwise. The more bits you have, the faster you will go through them. It's a sales/marketing human nature thing. Our brains work this way, people don't think ahead for the most part, they react to the NOW.

Still, I do not expect a sale anytime soon.

Deunan
04-24-2014, 09:39 AM
It doesn't cost anything to add bonus bits to the packs, it would not cost them any money. They would most likely make MORE money because people would load up on bits during such an event. Even if they lowered the price instead of adding bits they would still likely make money as more people would be willing to buy bits while on sale. So you tell me why not have a sale? How would a bit sale do anything but HELP them?You're making presumptions that don't line up with what their consultants and studies have shown them. They didn't arbitrarily set these prices to target big spenders at the bit store. They looked at the spending patterns for all consumers and drew the conclusion that the net loss in revenue from big spenders willing to pay $XXX for a commodity by lowering it to $YYY so that other players would purchase the same commodity could result in a net loss in microtransaction revenue over time.

bigguy
04-24-2014, 09:46 AM
So in other words we are getting screwed by the idiots willing to pay whatever prices they put up?

dramaQkarri
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM
So in other words we are getting screwed by the idiots willing to pay whatever prices they put up?

Oh no, we're being screwed by a marketing team with charts 'n' stuff!