PDA

View Full Version : Scrip versus Salvage: a DLC 5 observation

Arkamenitas
04-19-2014, 03:39 PM
This could (as with my previous experiences) just be my luck, but i find that since DLC 5, i am earning far too little scrip relative to my salvage income. Even selling my weapons instead of breaking them down, i find myself frequently too scrip-broke to buy keycodes, yet often have plenty of salvage for modding and what have you. I'm not sure if this is in fact the case, but it feels (to me, at least) as if scrip drops have not been improved for higher tiered mobs and higher threat level events, whereas i am getting significantly more salvage from these events (notably picking up salvage in values of like 900+ with some regularity in events). This could also be symptomatic of the improved drop rates on higher tier mobs - thus getting more loot in general to break down - but as i've said, i've taken to actually selling weapons because scrip comes in at a weak trickle it seems. i've tried a handful of things and other activities to see if i could generate a better scrip-to-salvage ratio, with no avail.

is there some easy scrip trick i'm just not aware of? or are others experience this as well?

Fuzzy
04-19-2014, 03:47 PM
I earned about 700k scrip since the DLC was released.
Thanks to a relatively large inventory, I could sell almost everything I got. I didn't buy boxes nor mods, nor sold any weapons to other persons.
I got all my scrip from driving from Arkfall to Arkfall or to Incursions.

But then again, I made about 1.6mio Ark Salvage too. More than the double amount of the scrip I made...

I was playing a ton too, so others may have gotten not so much.
I just drove to every major Arkfall I saw, did a few Arkbreakers, Incursions, sieges and stuff.

Anthalus
04-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I also have earned massive amounts of scrip since the DLC compared to normal. I believe Trion said something about buying keycodes only being to top up enough to buy a box when you may risk losing some at the next event through maxing your stack.

Teddymouse
04-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Being over 5k other then removing mods or retrieving mods salvage and converting to keys there is nothing to do with salvage as all mod slots are open. I wont convert as Im not paying 2m scrip to convert all my salvage. Ive actually been opening friends mods slots for them when they need it but get it back as fast as I open the slots. Im vendering any items im getting as well and on a good day can make 250k...but spend a ton now on deaths.

Arkamenitas
04-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Being over 5k other then removing mods or retrieving mods salvage and converting to keys there is nothing to do with salvage as all mod slots are open. I wont convert as Im not paying 2m scrip to convert all my salvage. Ive actually been opening friends mods slots for them when they need it but get it back as fast as I open the slots. Im vendering any items im getting as well and on a good day can make 250k...but spend a ton now on deaths.

i'd bet i havent made 100k scrip since the DLC launched, playing quite regularly and using many methods mentioned above. however one thing i've noticed - a lot of you are very high ego. since you likely arent gaining ego as quickly (and it is less a relative boost when you do), you probably have far less need for regular income of blue/purple+ weapons. could be a factor.

I'm also not in possession of anything so amazing i'd want to spend my arkforge upgrading it, however