PDA

View Full Version : same problem, new example

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-19-2014, 06:42 PM
i keep finding more and more reasons for bigger ammo reserves. heres my latest.

kenn farm incursion
loadout - bio vbi assault, fire vbi assault

stages 1-3 are pretty straight forward, and the new rate of ammo drops seems to be keeping up. then stage 4 starts. i use about 3 clips fighting afflicted when the hulkers show up. i start battleing hulkers and soon we have 5 out of the 6 right in the center intersection. im low on ammo, and i explore my options:

-fight afflicted and gets ammo drops - result:the score bar goes up quickly, and the stage ends before any hulkers are killed. this takes away valuable points for killing hulkers, and takes away from the pursuit to kill X number of afflicted hulkers

- run to ammo crate - result: surrounded by mobs of afflicted, i have to fight my way in. this results in me running out of ammo and not being able to get to crate, or it results in score going up and stage ending (see above result), and also leads to missing out on points from leaving combat.

-drop an ammo spike in combat - result: dropping the spike near combat forces me out of the circle to avoid numerous hulker charges. total time spent running through spike AoE grants me about 40 rounds of ammo

-drop ammo spike out of combat - result: again, loss of points for having to sit in an out of combat area.

-keep battling hulkers - result: trying to maintain focus on one hulker is hard enough with 5 of them so violently stalking one area. i momentarily stop watching my ammo reserve, and start focusing on one hulker, only to run out of ammo and scramble to find drops, ammo crate, anyway to replenish ammo. now im losing points for not being in combat, and not helping the others at the incursion in any way

this particular incursion, i was using weapons pulling from the largest ammo reserve i have, and was constantly out of ammo. i cant even imagine trying to do this same event with a semi auto sniper/shotgun/det/pistol equipped. although the increase in ammo drops is nice for a lot of circumstances, it does not fix the problem of constantly dwindling ammo supplies. we need increased ammo capacities to properly deal with the increased hit points of the new tiers of enemies. the increase in ammo drops is merely a band aid on a broken arm

*NOTE* - this is were you get to chime in and tell me to learn how to play, i must not be good enough, i need to learn strategy, im a noob, etc... this is a legitimate concern to me, and one that i have seen posted in many other threads, including 3 others started by myself. i have yet to see a real response on these forums or in game. i have however become accustomed to being belittled and mocked for not being skilled enough to play defiance anymore. this post is for dev awareness of a problem. if you feel the need to say something ****ty about me, go ahead. its your 5 minutes.

Chevota
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Well the ammo is definitely an issue. But they wont increase AR ammo pool. not a chance in hell. your best bet is going on more ammo drops.

And VBI AR's, so of course youre going to run out of ammo, hell i think the Tachmag Pulser is the only higher RoF gun (speaking on basics, varients are not in my arsenal)... Ammo will ALWAYS be an issue for those users from now on. Hell my FRC AC's are running dry every so often and its i think something like a 4-5 point drop in RoF, isnt it?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
04-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Well the ammo is definitely an issue. But they wont increase AR ammo pool. not a chance in hell. your best bet is going on more ammo drops.

And VBI AR's, so of course youre going to run out of ammo, hell i think the Tachmag Pulser is the only higher RoF gun (speaking on basics, varients are not in my arsenal)... Ammo will ALWAYS be an issue for those users from now on. Hell my FRC AC's are running dry every so often and its i think something like a 4-5 point drop in RoF, isnt it?

yes sir. frc assaults are around 9.0 rof. most of my vbis are 13.2-13.4 with twice the mag. the two i use in the posted loadout carry 77, so if i reload both, then refill ammo, i can carry 654 rounds total, which is about 8.5 mags total.

Chevota
04-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Actually this reason is why i like the FRC AC over the VBI AR. Made the conscious decision then to take a bit more DMG over RoF.

I like my choice, even still.