PDA

View Full Version : Driving in Defiance

unUnbreakabull
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Why are all the vehicles so stiff, I enjoy everything in the game, but driving its a disaster I wish they would do something about it.

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Why are all the vehicles so stiff, I enjoy everything in the game, but driving its a disaster I wish they would do something about it.

I think the driving is fine, I have the Challanger and the speed and control was appropriate. Acted like a real car, on the highway it was faster, in the grass it was slower.

n1ghtst0rm27
04-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I just hate it when I hit a tiny rock and the whole car stops instantly and loses it.

EnSaBah Nur
04-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I think the driving is fine, I have the Challanger and the speed and control was appropriate. Acted like a real car, on the highway it was faster, in the grass it was slower.

I also think the driving is fine, also keep in mind that the handling gets better the higher the level of your vehicle, as that was the case in Beta, I can say my Roller is a Lv2 and it handles better than it did at Lv1.

Dalgin
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
The driving is entertaining to me. Doesnt feel like you are driving a vehicle, feels like I am in a giant metal float.

Ae86
04-02-2013, 11:29 PM

My Issue with the Challenger is in the car itself. Why a challenger?

If I'm going to be living in a world like this. I'm not going to have a rear-wheel drive car. I'm going to jump in my F150 4x4 or my Chevy 1500 Z71 and I'ma lock down into 4-lo or 4-hi and I'ma drive.

chrismeyer34
04-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I just hate it when I hit a tiny rock and the whole car stops instantly and loses it.

i agree, when i hit a rock, my roller acts like a damn acrobat and flips all over the place lmao

n1ghtst0rm27
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
i agree, when i hit a rock, my roller acts like a damn acrobat and flips all over the place lmao
This, this right here is what I'm talking about.

Dr EveHill
04-02-2013, 11:42 PM
ae86 you a initial D fan?

Ae86
04-02-2013, 11:43 PM
ae86 you a initial D fan?

Why yes I am. But i was a fan of the car before Initial D.

trayan69
04-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Vehicle handling should be fixed. I believe they will do it.. in time.
Hard turns (handbrake + left or right) is not cool. The car stops almost instantly.

I see one annoying problem/feature/bug: Sometime, when I spawn my vehicle near mobs or battle (3-10 meters from the mobs) the car does not want to start. I must go out, run while and then spawn the car again.

Somebody above mentioned APB Reloaded. I play the game an year before its launch - the vehicle handing was great.

Ae86
04-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Vehicle handling should be fixed. I believe they will do it.. in time.
Hard turns (handbrake + left or right) is not cool. The car stops almost instantly.

I see one annoying problem/feature/bug: Sometime, when I spawn my vehicle near mobs or battle (3-10 meters from the mobs) the car does not want to start. I must go out, run while and then spawn the car again.

Somebody above mentioned APB Reloaded. I play the game an year before its launch - the vehicle handing was great.

The vehicle handling in APB was like driving a tank with no treads in GTA. It was large sluggish and hardly worth the time and effort even getting a vehicle.

And the only other thing that bugs me if that if you hop in your car on the passenger side unlike other games where it automatically puts you in the driver seat. It actually puts you in the passenger where you can't move the vehicle at all.

zKid
04-04-2013, 02:30 AM

Yeah this bugs me a little also - but otherwise I think the driving is quite fun