PDA

View Full Version : When will this game be playable again?

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 06:32 PM
I keep trying to play and my guy has leveled to around 1100 however the following parts of the game are now unplayable.
Any public event.
Any arkfall that anyone other that someone more than around 500 of your levels goes anywhere near.
Any road.
None of the spawn points other than the main ones are safe from spawn kill.

Now ive limited myself to the arenas with friends.
And I never go on any road so the cars I payed for are redundant.

Now I dont mean to be a cynic.
But explain to me why after I have spent 170 bucks am I starting to feel like I am stuck in a Red Dead Redemption hacker server except its bots killing me that I payed for.

Please DELETE all your Play testers and all your Amins players and make them start fresh so they can see what it is like when you are on the bottom if you want to keep getting money.

swat brigade
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
If someone with a high ego comes around your area it should raise your ego level to accommodate for the difference. Therefore I believe your guns become a lot more powerful as well. But I know the scaling is still a little messed up so give it a chance to get adjusted. They have already patched it 3 times since dlc 5 launched. If you don't mind me asking...what spawn point do you spawn at and get spawn killed? The only one I could see would be the fork.

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 08:04 PM
I was angry when I posted that last one because I play a lot, and many of my friends dont have the time I do so I got 2 of them together so we could use one of my spikes.
We went to the edge of the map, found the one that was the most trouble to get too.
I spiked it and everything went well the fight was hard but not too hard to do.
Then the ego rating of the right went to 4,750 and all the mobs turned into epic things.
We managed to fight our way inside.
When we got inside every thing in that area was epic and the deaths just rolled.
There was no chance to do anything no loading screen for 2 of us just lag then bright flashes and death.
We continued to spawn and try for a little wile I lost count of the deaths of just them and I exploding and being tossed as soon as we clicked spawn.
The level what ever player was getting the same.
A few other players came in.
All of them got death spam until they left one by one leaving me and my friend there to die over and over in an area with epic monsters that I payed for by buying the pre order download version of the game to be able to use a spike to create.

The death spawn outside that I can name right off hand is the Iron Demon Ranch, that battle can easly stretch far past the spawn point for both deaths and teleports now that the changes have upped the anti.

I still enjoy the game its just lost its friendly appeal.
Like now for example I am at iron demon ranch just inside the fence.
Being shot.

swat brigade
04-20-2014, 08:07 PM
I was angry when I posted that last one because I play a lot, and many of my friends dont have the time I do so I got 2 of them together so we could use one of my spikes.
We went to the edge of the map, found the one that was the most trouble to get too.
I spiked it and everything went well the fight was hard but not too hard to do.
Then the ego rating of the right went to 4,750 and all the mobs turned into epic things.
We managed to fight our way inside.
When we got inside every thing in that area was epic and the deaths just rolled.
There was no chance to do anything no loading screen for 2 of us just lag then bright flashes and death.
We continued to spawn and try for a little wile I lost count of the deaths of just them and I exploding and being tossed as soon as we clicked spawn.
The level what ever player was getting the same.
A few other players came in.
All of them got death spam until they left one by one leaving me and my friend there to die over and over in an area with epic monsters that I payed for by buying the pre order download version of the game to be able to use a spike to create.

The death spawn outside that I can name right off hand is the Iron Demon Ranch, that battle can easly stretch far past the spawn point for both deaths and teleports now that the changes have upped the anti.

I still enjoy the game its just lost its friendly appeal.
Like now for example I am at iron demon ranch just inside the fence.
Being shot.
The minor ark impacts and the major impact( warmaster ) are currently pretty much unbeatable . They definatley need work . Don't feel bad , the best players in this game have gotten there *** kicked in those.

shingara
04-20-2014, 08:08 PM
What i have noticed with the boosting when a high level player comes near or started the event and has since gone is that my ego rating goes yellow and raises but my weps do next to no damage to them, I get one to two hit killed. So whilst the yellow ego rating is raised in effect the mobs still see you and your damage as the ego level you actualy are.

So in essence, the volge sieges are undoable, the warmaster is unkillable, and any event that has been started or had a high level player within them at some point are not able tobe completed by low level eg below ego lvl 2000 players. Added to this is the wonderful effect of other players vanishing (kenn farm) due to the servers not being able to handle the load, so even low level players who cannot put out any damage cannot heal either.

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Yea if I for example being level 1100 spike a fall with a level 500 and a level 1600 friend the fight is hard as hell but we CAN manage to clean the inside.
But if anyone level 2600+ gets anywhere near the thing the mobs glitch into something unplayable for everyone in the area.

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 08:17 PM
anyway its bed time time to dream of numbers poping out of monsters.
ill try harder in the morning.

Atticus Batman
04-20-2014, 08:20 PM
What i have noticed with the boosting when a high level player comes near or started the event and has since gone is that my ego rating goes yellow and raises but my weps do next to no damage to them, I get one to two hit killed. So whilst the yellow ego rating is raised in effect the mobs still see you and your damage as the ego level you actualy are.

So in essence, the volge sieges are undoable, the warmaster is unkillable, and any event that has been started or had a high level player within them at some point are not able tobe completed by low level eg below ego lvl 2000 players. Added to this is the wonderful effect of other players vanishing (kenn farm) due to the servers not being able to handle the load, so even low level players who cannot put out any damage cannot heal either.

It does temp buff your shields to that level, but as far as I can tell, not your health. I was told your weapons get a minor buff as well but not sure.

Btw Swat, Iron demon's spawn/fast travel can get you insta-owned as well. I was there for an hour last night and saw a volge emergency appear like 8 times. Most of the weaker levels would either kite the enemies toward the fast travel as they ran for ammo, or into Idr, trying to get away. I ended up just staying and helping clear the volge every time until a friend needed help elsewhere.

Arglemesh
04-20-2014, 08:21 PM
If someone with a high ego comes around your area it should raise your ego level to accommodate for the difference. Therefore I believe your guns become a lot more powerful as well. But I know the scaling is still a little messed up so give it a chance to get adjusted. They have already patched it 3 times since dlc 5 launched. If you don't mind me asking...what spawn point do you spawn at and get spawn killed? The only one I could see would be the fork.

Try a lot messed up. I was traveling down the road with someone of similar ego in a group. No one else was in the area when a scrapper road event spawned. None of the major scrappers appeared to be taking damage. The helbots?, the ones that land and fire their machine guns, took multiple shots from sniper rifles in their glowing noggins and took no damage. We got massacred, repeatedly. Shield were blown down and you were killed before you could hit a stim. Your weapons scaled up, my ***! We did a Volge Swarm later. I can't tell you how many times multiple people got one shot killed. It was a field of player corpses. I emptied two entire mags from my saw into an arktrooper from close range and could not kill him. The Viscera just bounce the fire like you were not even there. The turrets were blown flat instantly. Couple that with enemies healing up in the time you change your mag and you are doomed. So yes, it is unplayable and too frustrating to sit and play to just have fun. Maybe I'll check back in a month to see if they fixed anything. The game is currently not worth my time.

XPac
04-20-2014, 08:27 PM
For the the only thing that's really unplayable is the Volge arkfalls and Sieges.

Even with a reasonable amount of people, those things just seem impossible hard. Course I usually just play with whoever is around. Maybe people in clans in organized groups have an easier time doing that stuff.

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 08:31 PM
i know 5 clan founders who no longer play.
will there even be a clan to try by the time the settings are functional is the real question

Atticus Batman
04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
will there even be a clan to try by the time the settings are functional is the real question

Depends on the clan. I know Dawn Patrol and Nuclear Rubber have both said they will be around as long as the game is, but they are both Xbox, one Na nad one Eu. Not sure what clans will stick it out on the other systems though.

swat brigade
04-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Well I'm in one of, if not the biggest clan on ps3 and we have 20-30 active players on at any given time. Everyone of them I play with love the dlc and have no intentions of quitting. Why don't you name some clans so we can believe what your even saying here. Sound like more negative bs to me. Who knows 5 different clan leaders at ego 1100?

ClawingBear
04-20-2014, 08:45 PM
You must not have read very well I do the same thing skim over threads catching key words but that makes you miss others.
I stated earlier I had the Pre Oder Download.
Lets let that sink in a moment shall we?
Now would you like to know how many times I have restarted and redone the story line because I enjoyed it?

I am not trying to be negative I bring people to this game from other games and now the people I talked into buying the game are getting ***** handed to them and I feel responsible for it.

Congrats on the "large clan size" im sure that makes your member feel larger.
Now please dont troll me I am an old player and an old man.
I have no need or desire for strafe.

EDIT-- My bad I looked back and no where in this thread does it say I am a pre-order.
However you should not allow preconceptions to rule your mind.

swat brigade
04-21-2014, 12:51 AM
You must not have read very well I do the same thing skim over threads catching key words but that makes you miss others.
I stated earlier I had the Pre Oder Download.
Lets let that sink in a moment shall we?
Now would you like to know how many times I have restarted and redone the story line because I enjoyed it?

I am not trying to be negative I bring people to this game from other games and now the people I talked into buying the game are getting ***** handed to them and I feel responsible for it.

Congrats on the "large clan size" im sure that makes your member feel larger.
Now please dont troll me I am an old player and an old man.
I have no need or desire for strafe.

EDIT-- My bad I looked back and no where in this thread does it say I am a pre-order.
However you should not allow preconceptions to rule your mind.

Simply just asked which 5 clans you were talking about.....how is that trolling? Been playing this game since day one , would be interesting to see which leaders were shutting it down. Don't attack me for questioning what you say. It's a public forum and when you post something expect a response. No need to get upset

ClawingBear
04-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Yea sorry about that I was half asleep and pissed off way defensive as I read back now.
Anyway Im not going to out whole clans simple because the founder got pissed off and said he wasnt comming back it wouldnt be fair to the leaders who didnt quit or my friends who left angry.

Im sure you understand that just because "John" founder of the "Smith" clan got angry and quit doesnt mean that "Bob" "Ted" and "Mary" who are leaders should have to suffer.

Again I apologize for being an ***.
Im not a very nice person sometimes.
Honest yes.
Nice... Not so much.

medvampire
04-21-2014, 08:14 AM
I don't play any more but just to see if they have fixed the game. I am around 5200 and we have some strong players but we found the game just plan frustrating after this patch. We were based around defiance but I see that changing very soon. We are a small social clan that played mainly just to have fun and guff at each other. I hope the devs will see what they have done to this game and fix it but if they don't we are looking for a new game to call home. In all honesty I was going to tell the clan we would support the next season pass after GS but after this DLC I wont encourage them to waste their money.

Founder Glitched
Medvampire

mr8liner
04-21-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't play any more but just to see if they have fixed the game. I am around 5200 and we have some strong players but we found the game just plan frustrating after this patch. We were based around defiance but I see that changing very soon. We are a small social clan that played mainly just to have fun and guff at each other. I hope the devs will see what they have done to this game and fix it but if they don't we are looking for a new game to call home. In all honesty I was going to tell the clan we would support the next season pass after GS but after this DLC I wont encourage them to waste their money.

Founder Glitched
Medvampire

Med, this game does get easier after playing it some. I was pi$$ed off when it first came out. Mainly because most of my weapons would be junk. I did nowever get ovet that. ( i have too many oranges anyways) But the guns I like work great. I still have a great time playing. It does get frustrating sometimes, but doesn't every game??

I myself won't buy a season pass for season 2, just because of what we got ( or didnt get ) from this season. At a point in time I was spending money on this game. but for one reason or another I just stopped. Too many reasons to get into that here.

when you get to 5500 ego the enemies get easier to kill. I'm at 5676ego somewhere around there. I won't wont tell you what to do, but I honestly think you didn't give the new chances a fair chance.

I'm on the ps3 if that is the system you play on hit me up in the game, if you decide to get on. my psn is mr8liner

Hopeisdead
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Med, this game does get easier after playing it some. I was pi$$ed off when it first came out. Mainly because most of my weapons would be junk. I did nowever get ovet that. ( i have too many oranges anyways) But the guns I like work great. I still have a great time playing. It does get frustrating sometimes, but doesn't every game??

I myself won't buy a season pass for season 2, just because of what we got ( or didnt get ) from this season. At a point in time I was spending money on this game. but for one reason or another I just stopped. Too many reasons to get into that here.

when you get to 5500 ego the enemies get easier to kill. I'm at 5676ego somewhere around there. I won't wont tell you what to do, but I honestly think you didn't give the new chances a fair chance.

I'm on the ps3 if that is the system you play on hit me up in the game, if you decide to get on. my psn is mr8liner

Well if an PS3 player can play this game effectively enough everyone else can. I know it is an logical fallacy but yeah.

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Amen brother!

3rdpig
04-21-2014, 09:50 AM
As a higher ego player the biggest problem I see is lack of consistency. Some areas are absurdly easy and all the things die in one burst from almost any weapon. I did Liberate the Lost on normal difficulty last night and the Piercer died in seconds. I did Explosions 101 on expert difficulty and gave up after the 3rd or 4th attempt to kill the two Formidable Hulkers. I did a minor 99er arkfall, Volge incursion and several other things and again, way too easy. Then I did Volge and Raider roadside emergencies and way, way too hard.

I haven't played a low ego toon yet, but I can imagine the frustration and really don't want to go there.

Give them a couple of weeks to get it tuned. Yes, it's a hot mess and should never have gone live like this, but that's Trion all over, they release then fix.

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
As a higher ego player the biggest problem I see is lack of consistency. Some areas are absurdly easy and all the things die in one burst from almost any weapon. I did Liberate the Lost on normal difficulty last night and the Piercer died in seconds. I did Explosions 101 on expert difficulty and gave up after the 3rd or 4th attempt to kill the two Formidable Hulkers. I did a minor 99er arkfall, Volge incursion and several other things and again, way too easy. Then I did Volge and Raider roadside emergencies and way, way too hard.

I haven't played a low ego toon yet, but I can imagine the frustration and really don't want to go there.

Give them a couple of weeks to get it tuned. Yes, it's a hot mess and should never have gone live like this, but that's Trion all over, they release then fix.
+1 of intertubes for you!

N3gativeCr33p
04-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Hopefully it'll be more playable once 1.510 launches, because that's what I threw my money down on in that one thread...