PDA

View Full Version : We need better perks to adapt to situations

Nightaven Arcana Vis
04-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Last night, I jumped into an Explosions 101 group (3,000 rating) midway through. I was the highest ego player at 3,073 and everyone else was substantially less. This was not a cakewalk. Two other players remained in the co-op because It was easier when I arrived. Incinerator grenade launcher and a good bio weapon really helps in there.

The hardest part was the hulker because he would charge us all to death at the last 10% of his health. We finally beat him on the third try. This was my first experience to a harder Explosion 101 since the DLC, but I eventually put together a loadout plan to keep my group members alive while I was kiting the brute. I threw on the protection spike, Combat Medic perk, One for All perk, Cloak (recharge higher capacity shield faster), and made sure my ablative armor was maxxed out at 30%. When I would revive my team members towards the end, I would cloak and throw down my protection spike on top of us so I would survive long enough to actually revive. It felt good to finally beat him, but I can't imagine doing that at a 5,000 rating.

After beating the co-op, I said to myself, "I wish there was a perk to substantially reduce reviving times." Call it "Overdose" and I stick a heal stim directly into my group member's heart. I personally don't mind this type of difficulty, but it would be nice to have the proper tools (perks) to get the job done and rewards players that are utilizing his or her loadouts properly.

I also just realized that some defensive perks were nerfed, which didn't really help this time around as well.

Atticus Batman
04-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Last night, I jumped into an Explosions 101 group (3,000 rating) midway through. I was the highest ego player at 3,073 and everyone else was substantially less. This was not a cakewalk. Two other players remained in the co-op because It was easier when I arrived. Incinerator grenade launcher and a good bio weapon really helps in there.

The hardest part was the hulker because he would charge us all to death at the last 10% of his health. We finally beat him on the third try. This was my first experience to a harder Explosion 101 since the DLC, but I eventually put together a loadout plan to keep my group members alive while I was kiting the brute. I threw on the protection spike, Combat Medic perk, One for All perk, Cloak (recharge higher capacity shield faster), and made sure my ablative armor was maxxed out at 30%. When I would revive my team members towards the end, I would cloak and throw down my protection spike on top of us so I would survive long enough to actually revive. It felt good to finally beat him, but I can't imagine doing that at a 5,000 rating.

After beating the co-op, I said to myself, "I wish there was a perk to substantially reduce reviving times." Call it "Overdose" and I stick a heal stim directly into my group member's heart. I personally don't mind this type of difficulty, but it would be nice to have the proper tools (perks) to get the job done and rewards players that are utilizing his or her loadouts properly.

I also just realized that some defensive perks were nerfed, which didn't really help this time around as well.

there are just not the way you want. One lowers your revive refresh. One revives all groupmates when you revive one. There is also one that gives them all shields when you self-revive. There also used to be plenty of revive bonuses on guns but people complained they were useless. Heck with the revamping of the Paradise vendor, the Sawbones synergy was removed and it is more helpful then ever. It would also be nice if they added a catche to the Echelon vendor, so we have a chance to get Oj weapons (and hopefully bmgs) with Hardboiled synergy.