PDA

View Full Version : Dekuso is clearly broken...

Bleuford
04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
So 4 our of 6 days now the Chimera daily has been Explosions 101. Ok, I can deal with that. A little repetitive but no big deal. Lots of raiders, no problem. 2 big angry hulkers, no problem. Dekuso...ummm.. so if the group does not kill him the first time there are more adds the second time. There are only 2 explanations for this. Either A: the fight is broken and has been broken since DLC5 launched or B: the devs think that the best way to deal with a group that doesn't kill Dekuso on the first try is to make it pretty much impossible for them to complete the fight. I am inclined to assume "A" is correct and the fight is broken. I would love for Scapes to give us some feedback on this. I have beaten the fight every day so far, but it has taken MANY more tries than it should have. I have had to run the map about 30 times to clear it 5 or 6 times.

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
I wonder about the whole "double spawn" thing since the bullet sponge patch dropped. It happens all over the place now. At first I thought it was a cheap way to add challenge but now...

Just not sure at all.

swat brigade
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
I wonder about the whole "double spawn" thing since the bullet sponge patch dropped. It happens all over the place now. At first I thought it was a cheap way to add challenge but now...

Just not sure at all.

And what does this have to do with his post? Just another pointless post from bonehead.

To the OP I agree that the end boss is extremely hard and may be broken if you don't beat dekuso the first try. I think it may just be broke. Seems like everytime you fail there is more and more raiders that spawn at the start. Hopefully this is not the way it was intended, if so it's gonna suck for a lot of people..

Iceberg
04-21-2014, 05:15 PM

Just not sure at all.

It's a feature! Also, because grenades. :P

Tsort
04-21-2014, 05:23 PM
And what does this have to do with his post? Just another pointless post from bonehead.
It's about spawning problems. Are double-spawns and no-despawn WAI, are these issues related, etc. Feel free to ask if you're struggling.

Bleuford
04-21-2014, 05:26 PM

Just not sure at all.

Yeah, I am definitely wondering if this is intentional or not. It seems like it is broken but with the way they have been running the game lately it is hard to be sure. Either way it is not cool at all.

Jet1337
04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Hell yeah he's broken after I whooped that *** in a minute or less!

xxdarkxwarxx
04-21-2014, 05:39 PM
if you dont know how to beat him fast he is going to be a big problem i have beat him like 5 times today on expert all im going to say is use a ground pounder you can guess the rest

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Okay Swat, let me break it down for you.

"so if the group does not kill him the first time there are more adds the second time."

I know I can be hard to follow some times so as you can see the above is related to the "double spawn" part of my post.

" the devs think that the best way to deal with a group that doesn't kill Dekuso on the first try is to make it pretty much impossible for them to complete the fight. "

The above is related to the part of my post about not knowing if it is intentional or not.

"I am inclined to assume "A" is correct and the fight is broken. "

This I am also inclined to belive.

"I would love for Scapes to give us some feedback on this."

I would love this as well.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/derp-cat-300_zps9455c0c8.jpg

r2nddan
04-21-2014, 05:49 PM

To the OP I agree that the end boss is extremely hard and may be broken if you don't beat dekuso the first try. I think it may just be broke. Seems like everytime you fail there is more and more raiders that spawn at the start. Hopefully this is not the way it was intended, if so it's gonna suck for a lot of people..

Bonehead has never made a pointless post. Why? Obviously because grenades.

Albion
04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I have had to run the map about 30 times to clear it 5 or 6 times.

You really put yourself through this hell 30 times? Why? I have run it twice, both times gave up due to the glitches, and I don't think I can bring myself to do it again. It's just not fun.

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Bonehead has never made a pointless post. Why? Obviously because grenades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

ironcladtrash
04-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Earlier I joined one that was stuck in the Hulker room. We beat them and the door wouldn't open. We had to kill ourselves since /extract wouldn't work. Beat the Hulkers again and the door still wouldn't open.

swat brigade
04-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah he's broken after I whooped that *** in a minute or less!

Yep... Not even a minute sometimes..... Funny how when someone that knows what they are talking about posts you can tell...

To the OP ....you title the thread dekuso is broke...right? I've never seen a dekuso "double spawn" ..

swat brigade
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
So 4 our of 6 days now the Chimera daily has been Explosions 101. Ok, I can deal with that. A little repetitive but no big deal. Lots of raiders, no problem. 2 big angry hulkers, no problem. Dekuso...ummm.. so if the group does not kill him the first time there are more adds the second time. There are only 2 explanations for this. Either A: the fight is broken and has been broken since DLC5 launched or B: the devs think that the best way to deal with a group that doesn't kill Dekuso on the first try is to make it pretty much impossible for them to complete the fight. I am inclined to assume "A" is correct and the fight is broken. I would love for Scapes to give us some feedback on this. I have beaten the fight every day so far, but it has taken MANY more tries than it should have. I have had to run the map about 30 times to clear it 5 or 6 times.
So either you are a member of the bonehead fan club or I am blind.... Where did you mention that a double spawn was a problem here?

Bleuford
04-21-2014, 06:53 PM
So either you are a member of the bonehead fan club or I am blind.... Where did you mention that a double spawn was a problem here?

"so if the group does not kill him the first time there are more adds the second time."

The issue is that the adds that are left from the previous attempt come out in the beginning of the fight causing "double spawns" of the raiders.

Deunan
04-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Earlier I joined one that was stuck in the Hulker room. We beat them and the door wouldn't open. We had to kill ourselves since /extract wouldn't work. Beat the Hulkers again and the door still wouldn't open.You're better off leaving the map and starting with new map. When it's broken like that nothing seems to fix it so going through another Hulker Room fight is just a wast of time.

ironcladtrash
04-21-2014, 07:16 PM
You're better off leaving the map and starting with new map. When it's broken like that nothing seems to fix it so going through another Hulker Room fight is just a wast of time.

Thanks, I'll have to remember that next time. After the second fight I had to quit playing anyway. Was hoping it was like Commandeer Cronkite when that room get stuck occasionally that works.

Bonehead
04-21-2014, 10:28 PM
bonehead fan club

I have a fan club?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/kermit-flail_zpsc08600d5.gif

Zombie Stark
04-22-2014, 01:01 AM
The easiest way to beat him is ground pounders. As soon as you break the first three turrets and he teleports, your whole team should shoot ground ponder stickies up on the center of the rooftop, where he floats up towards. If your entire team throws down a damage spike and detonates it will kill him instantly or leave him with less then a quater of health left.

If you don't beat him the first time it's definitely best to restart the entire map.

SirServed
04-22-2014, 01:18 AM
You're better off leaving the map and starting with new map. When it's broken like that nothing seems to fix it so going through another Hulker Room fight is just a wast of time.

By the way, not only did we get through the door that wouldn't allow us to hit the button after killing the hulkers, but we cleared the last boss with 2 people under 1k ego rating after a few tries. Get some.

Bleuford
04-22-2014, 01:35 AM
I don't think the issue is that he cannot be defeated. I have cleared this every day since DLC5 launched. The issue is that it is not working properly and in the event your group does not kill him on the first try it can be trouble. Today for example I ran the map 4 times with 4 different groups just to kill Dekuso once.

Zombie Stark
04-22-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't think the issue is that he cannot be defeated. I have cleared this every day since DLC5 launched. The issue is that it is not working properly and in the event your group does not kill him on the first try it can be trouble. Today for example I ran the map 4 times with 4 different groups just to kill Dekuso once.

I agree. Until this bug is fixed (assuming its a bug<-It better be) your best bet is communication and planning ahead.

jarrodlovesmusic
04-22-2014, 04:39 AM
Yeah Im stuck on this fight as well. I get so close to beating him and then I am randomly hit by some invisible enemy.

jarrodlovesmusic
04-22-2014, 04:42 AM
I feel that the battle would be so much easier if it was just a battle between me and Dekuso. I feel like Trion goes out of their way to make boss battles in Defiance more difficult than they need to be.

r2nddan
04-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Im the president of the fanclub. If you join you get a grenade keychain and a law baseball cap.

N3gativeCr33p
04-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Im the president of the fanclub. If you join you get a grenade keychain and a law baseball cap.

Deal! Sign me up.