PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Sharing!

Forsaken Demon
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Will you please remove this?! I'm sick of running out of ammo, especially at Arkfalls because the stupid guns share ammo. Who the hell even thought that would be a good idea?

Drkhao
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Will you please remove this?! I'm sick of running out of ammo, especially at Arkfalls because the stupid guns share ammo. Who the hell even thought that would be a good idea?

It's a pretty common thing.. . not all guns share ammo tho. Pistols and Smg's share ammo. Shotguns don't, nor sniper riffle or infestors..
I think? >_> It's pretty common on fps games

Buruko
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a pretty common thing.. . not all guns share ammo tho. Pistols and Smg's share ammo. Shotguns don't, nor sniper riffle or infestors..

Not only is it common in FPS games, it's common in real life. And if you think about it this is a mechanism to force load outs that make since versus lots of automatics on top of automatics. Right now I'm running a nice LMG with a tactical scope with a pump shotgun on Loadout 1, and Loadout 2 has a tight high mag cap SMG with a infector as back up.

I'm sure this is by design.

Forsaken Demon
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM

I've played tons of FPS games and none of them ever share ammo. Also, SMGs and pistols don't. SMGs, LMGs and ARs do. It's ridiculously annoying. And the Infector is useless.

Mudblood
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Dont use the same style of gun. How do you run out of ammo at an ark fall. All the bad guys drop a ton of it. I always get a messafe ammo full. Try having better aim.

Brock 5amson
04-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Maybe you shouldn't equip two weapons that use the same ammo pool?

Drkhao
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I've played tons of FPS games and none of them ever share ammo. Also, SMGs and pistols don't. SMGs, LMGs and ARs do. It's ridiculously annoying. And the Infector is useless.

the Infector is NOT useless. those little bugs do a bit of damage. I can tell you it's pretty common for ammo to be shared. Sorry.

Kaleb Stonecarver
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM

SMG's and Pistols usually use the same ammo, they are a smaller caliber than Rifles and LMG's in fact Rifles and LMG's are also different a lot of the time and use different ammo, just like in real life, really need to quit your crying and adapt and diversify your weapons. Too often people come on here and complain and cry about non-issues, grow a pair and get out there and kill stuff.

Forsaken Demon
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Dont use the same style of gun. How do you run out of ammo at an ark fall. All the bad guys drop a ton of it. I always get a messafe ammo full. Try having better aim.

I use different combos and my aim is fine. Shared ammo is not common in games and if you truly believe that you're an idiot.

@Drkhao: The infector is useless. I don't know what you're fighting but it does barely any damage when I use it.

Vyth
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't like that some weapons share ammo but it does fit. SMG, LMG, AR use the same mods too...

one thing that doesn't make sense tho is, LMG's are belt fed, AR and SMG are mag fed... you CAN'T physically use the same ammo unless you pull all the links off the belt which would take crazy long in a fight. would take 20x longer to put the links back in.

and before anyone QQ's about semantics or technicalities. look at your LMG next time you're on. you load the drum, insert the belt and you can see the belt on the weapon.

fantasy9
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I believe though in this game SMG, LMG and AR use the same ammo...

Kaleb Stonecarver
04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
You're not forsaken, people just don't like being around a whiner...

Drkhao
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I use different combos and my aim is fine. Shared ammo is not common in games and if you truly believe that you're an idiot.

@Drkhao: The infector is useless. I don't know what you're fighting but it does barely any damage when I use it.

I use it on the random mutants, just unload a clip wait for the to hatch (Is the big key there) Then you have a alittle army of explosive termites eating away at swarms. Using it during arkfalls seems kind of okay i guess, the gun it self doesn't do a huge amount of damage, the little bugs that hatch are pretty cool tho