PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 Game Crossover!

shawshank1198
04-22-2014, 12:43 PM
With season 2 starting soon, how does Trion expect to gain prospective new customers? There will be people new to the show who want to experience the game/tv crossover experiment that I'm sure will be advertised non-stop during commercial breaks. Inevitably some will be casual gamers... some of which will be overwhelmed with what they encounter. For the sake of them and us all, I hope drastic changes are made to return to the game we knew before. It just isn't "fun" anymore....:confused::(

ThanosPrime
04-22-2014, 01:03 PM
I played this game for just that reason, for fun. Now its a source of frustration at times. Really....2 steroid amped Hulkers in a confined space, reusing preexisting maps an making enemies so hard to beat when there is a big EGO gap between players? That's a Revolution? Its more like a self lobotomy. Look Trion, I know there have been layoffs and cutbacks and I know you have season pass orders to fill, but this new DLC isn't even a shadow of the first and totally not worth the same $9.99 as the Castithan pack. And the Warmaster....I had been able to beat him sometimes or at least get close, but now I'm lucky if the armor breaks before time runs out and me with no points because I died 10 times. That armor does nothing since 1 custer bomb from a Volge totally kills me even with good shielding, 2 plates and a plethora of health and anti damage perks, while I empty my whole inventory of ammo at it.

Tsort
04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
At the very least I hope they give them an updated tutorial.

Deunan
04-22-2014, 03:03 PM
At the very least I hope they give them an updated tutorial.

It could go something like this:

Those are Hardened Mutants! A more powerful Ark Hunter must have been in the area and drawn them out. It's best we avoid them as they're way too powerful for us to handle right now. Let's circle around them.

Oh no! Those are Apex Hellbugs! How did they get here! Run before they use their shockwave attack....

Use your self-revive by hitting the "__" button. Now run away as fast as you can!

....Those were Apex Archers....this is called an extraction point...I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it until you gain a lot more experience as an Ark Hunter. Hey no one ever said the life of an Ark Hunter was easy.

More likely, given EGO's dialogue inside the Warmaster chamber it will go something more like this

Hey Look! Some Ark Volge Viscera! Let's go get 'em! Leroooooooooooy Jenkins!

Tsort
04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
You might be onto something here.

Use your blue nano against the yellow armor!
Great! Now use your light blue nano against their blue shields!
You got it! Now use the red weapon against their red... wait... no more ammo!

"Look, an Arkfall! Let's make some scrip! Let's also stay alive and.... no I'm kidding, you'll extract a hundred times".

Sdric
04-22-2014, 05:07 PM
"Crossover"
"Interaction"

Raiithe
04-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Just to clarify, which is correct in terms of defiance lore
- Volge can teleport anywhere they like in a tactical insertion (game)
- or Volge walk (TV)

'Cause i have a feeling that the first episode of season 1 would've ended rather suddenly if Volge could teleport.

Therefore due to crossover, volge sieges now require volge forces to steamroll large parts of the map in order to leisurely stroll to the siege instances.

Tsort
04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Just to clarify, which is correct in terms of defiance lore
- Volge can teleport anywhere they like in a tactical insertion (game)
- or Volge walk (TV)

'Cause i have a feeling that the first episode of season 1 would've ended rather suddenly if Volge could teleport.

Therefore due to crossover, volge sieges now require volge forces to steamroll large parts of the map in order to leisurely stroll to the siege instances.
They don't seem to really teleport in the game, they seem to crash from the sky. Some kind of arktech troop dropping technology?

Raiithe
04-22-2014, 05:41 PM
So they can orbital insertions of squads to random road crashes to kill a single target in San Fran but are unable to do similar to St Louis?

Just find it to be a little odd. Let alone the whole 'army of warlike, military centralised troops walking down the middle of a canyon in unsecured territory without scouts' situation that happened.....

EDIT- My apologies for being off-topic. The above was merely something that bothered me about the series and thus the game.

I'm looking forward to season 2, for the same reason i looked forward to all the DLC for the game. I like the idea of 'Defiance' and see that there is a lot of potential for the game and tv series. I look forward to NEW and MEANINGFUL game content (not rehashed, re-textured), will that happen.... i hope but can not help looking to the past.

shawshank1198
04-22-2014, 07:47 PM
So they can orbital insertions of squads to random road crashes to kill a single target in San Fran but are unable to do similar to St Louis?

Just find it to be a little odd. Let alone the whole 'army of warlike, military centralised troops walking down the middle of a canyon in unsecured territory without scouts' situation that happened.....

EDIT- My apologies for being off-topic. The above was merely something that bothered me about the series and thus the game.

I'm looking forward to season 2, for the same reason i looked forward to all the DLC for the game. I like the idea of 'Defiance' and see that there is a lot of potential for the game and tv series. I look forward to NEW and MEANINGFUL game content (not rehashed, re-textured), will that happen.... i hope but can not help looking to the past.

It's an excellent show, with a few holes of course. The game....not so much. I feel like I wasted the last 8 months leveling up my ego for nothing. Totally agree with the Volge TV storyline debacle. That was the weakest scene of the whole series.

Pandur
04-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Haha show tie in. That'll be right next after the new landmass.

Rokea
04-23-2014, 07:36 AM
It looks like they drop in and when they hit their shields falter.... anyway back to the OP. What I find interesting is all these this game is no fun or I quit this game posts yet... I see some of the posters in game STILL even after they post these threads. These threads are almost like that kid in highschool that always talked about killing themselves but never did... ITS ALL FOR ATTENTION!